Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.Reply
Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.
Posted on: 26.01.2011 by Demetra Pinizzotto
In another thread I added two small tutorials for mapping in traktor.
It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.
This way every one can get new ideas and learn how to map their own.

The format is:
title with subject
description of the mapping, (maybe a very short video to show it)

text explanation in steps
screen shots of the mapping window.

see my two tutorials down here.
Karin Richens
Well, I would hate to ask for what every one of the mapping commands are that I need explained by people on this community so, in Traktor Pro 2 is there a site somewhere that gives a list of all of the mapping commands and what they do in the program? I'm just confused on what a lot of them do.
Thanks
Kellie Myrum
Chun Douthat
That's true though
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by PsyCura
If i have 2 controllers, how can i use state of one modifier for both of them.
Example: if i have M1=1 on one controller, how can the second one check the state of this M1?
Two controllers can share the same modifier and state as long as both are mapped in one generic device.
Chun Douthat
Originally Posted by PsyCura
Example: if i have M1=1 on one controller, how can the second one check the state of this M1?
I am afraid: no way.
(To have "Global" and "Local" Modifiers must have been on NI's feature wish-list for years now )

If you are on Windows you might consider inserting MIDI Middelware like MidiOX to work around and deal with this but frankly spekaing this actually wouldn't simplify things...
Yolande Gudorf
Charline Dye
Originally Posted by hildgrim
I sometimes get quite a few tracks together that I have to rate and categorize into playlists.
So I was wondering if anyone knows how to map track ratings and maybe had a way to map a song to a playlist?
Sorry but there isn't any mapping commands in Traktor for what you want to do.
Aide Sonoda
I sometimes get quite a few tracks together that I have to rate and categorize into playlists.
So I was wondering if anyone knows how to map track ratings and maybe had a way to map a song to a playlist?
Kellie Myrum
We made hotcue LED lite up BOOM!
Valeri Millstein

Great video by the whitest guy I know.
Evonne Locsin
is there an updated thread for these mappings in 2.6? if not could you do some, they are well good mappings
Originally Posted by joostiisme
Mapping a
Evonne Locsin
as the title suggests i am having difficulty applying this mapping in 2.6, help please
Originally Posted by Jester
Hey guys.

If you use an X1 and would like browser view when you go to select a track, and switch back to deck view when you load a track, here's what you need to do.
You will need to add two extra commands, mapped to the browser knob and load button.

The first command you are going to add is to tell traktor that when you move the browse encoder, you want to switch to browse mode. So to do that, go into the controller manager, select the X1 and do the following:

Add In
Only Browser Toggle
Type Of Controller: Button
Interaction Mode: Direct, Value=1
Click on learn and move the left browse to map it.
Now by selecting direct and setting the value to 1, as soon as you touch the knob the value changes and will stay there until we use the second command to change it back to "0".

Here's what it should look like ...

Now when you scroll through tracks the view will change to Browser Mode.
The second command you want to add is to tell traktor that one you have chosen your track, and go to load it, you want the view to revert back to deck view. So here's how we go about that:

Add In
Only Browser Toggle
Type Of Controller: Button
Interaction Mode: Direct, Value=0
Click on learn and click the browse knob in to map it.

So now when you load a track, the view will change back to Deck View.
Duplicate these for the right knob and you are ready to rock.
Remember also, with the standard X1 mapping, SHIFT+LOAD toggles your view as well.

BONUS MAPPING

Now that you've got the deck/ browser view sorted, how about monitor cue toggles as well? Lets have a look at that.
Now of course you can have all 4 decks cued at the same time, what i like however is the deck that i just loaded a track into to be monitored, and thats it so here's how you do that.

We'll use Deck A as an example.

This first part is straightforward, Just add a monitor cue mapping set to Deck A, mapped to your load button but use "Direct" instead of "Toggle" which you will see why shortly.

Now here's the tedious part...
You need to duplicate this 3 times, mapped to this same load button, but change the assignment on these to Decks B, C & D respectively and change the value to "0".

Now go ahead and test this out. Select the monitor cues and Decks B,C & D and load a track into Deck A with the load button you just mapped. Deck A will be cued but all the other decks wont be. Its not magic, its science baby!

Rinse and repeat for all the other decks and we'll see you next year

Jester out.
Myong Balderrama
I am trying to set up cue points. But when in deck b if I try to add my second cue point at say 30 seconds in, using snap. It just sets the cuepoint to my load marker or the first cue point of the track at 0 seconds. It does this for all 8 cues. I have set a beatgrid, i tried it whilst locked and unlocked.

any ideas?

picture link to nanopad mappings, everything seems ok....

http://i.imgur.com/fBwbA.jpg

edit.... it is only this song. I wonder if my beatgrid is messing with it?
Kellie Myrum
Check thread in this link for tsi:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=58692
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by midinoob
Can I map a button on my s2 to be a modifier that toggles, if so how?
You can find it in this article: http://www.djranking s.com/2009/03/2...ini-modifiers/
Camelia Slivinsky
Can I map a button on my s2 to be a modifier that toggles, if so how?
Colette Wiler
Hey guys so i'm in need for some help, i downloaded the mph mini editor for the akai website, but it seems like the editor isn't working..when i try to save the presets and load them nothing happens. The keyboard works fine when i plug it into logic pro...its just the editor....please help if someone can, i'm new to this
Althea Hercules
ok, got Traktor Pro 2.6 with my Vestax VCI 10
everything is fine except one thing :
i can't tempo bend with the jog wheel when a track is played, it stop and scratch the track
i can tempo bend on the side of the jog, but i don't want that
i'm looking for a way like this :
http://www.djranking s.com/2008/08/1...-cd-touch-jog/
Deck CD-DJ Bend !
when the track is stopped, i can scratch it, when it play i can bend it
but i can't find this old setting in Pro 2.6
any help ?
thanks in advance
Saundra Deguia
To my rescue again Stewe ;-)

I have tried doing this already, the knob I want to use only has one function (I believe) so I'm trying to add a modifier and use it as a secondary function but the modifier need to over rule several other functions. All my attempts have seen me almost disabling the whole mapping. :-S
Kellie Myrum
If loop knob already have secondary command (shift+) you might need to delete it first, then add in > Track Deck > Key Adjust and assign modifier condition that shift button is using. Example with Modifier#1:

Loop move - M1=0
Key - M1=1
Saundra Deguia
Hey guys, I'm trying to map a knob (or knobs) on my VCI400SE so that I can adjust the key of a deck. I was believeing about using the loop move knob with shift held down. I've tried a couple of times to do this but I always seem to be getting something wrong. Any ideas?
Kellie Myrum
Oh, it's cool then!
Easter Flenner
I was on the right path

It was setting to norm right browse that was required, then settings to rotary encoder to 0 and 35%

I dont want to adjust jog wheel in any way it was just pitch fader

Now I have pitch fader control in normal mode and scroll through track in shift mode

Thanks for your help
Kellie Myrum
Tempo adjust is command to go with tempo fader. You should use 'Jog Turn' > type-encoder > interaction-relative > range-adjust for best performance.

Give some more input on how exactly you want to control all four decks pitch bending using one encoder.
Easter Flenner
thanks a lot that was stopping anything happening. I have deleted that and have seen some progress.

but then i add in the following and instead of moving the pitch fader it scrolls through the track

deck common> tempo adjust

Device Mapping : Shift - Right - Size

Mapping details : Modifier (tempo range) Value (2%) Controller (encoder) Interaction (relative) Assigment (deck b)
Kellie Myrum
Am I able to use the browse load rotary knob on my X1 for adjusting the pitch fader / bpm of each deck when in shift mode?
Yes, but in order to do that you need to delete browsing/loading command first.
Easter Flenner
I have no experience with Midi so far and having spent quite a bit of time on this I just can not seem to work it out or grasp it, so sorry for the very simple question but this is my first journey into the digital world having just been playing vinyl, having searched the community and the wider web I could not find my answer.

I am working with traktor pro 2.5 and the X1

Am I able to use the browse load rotary knob on my X1 for adjusting the pitch fader / bpm of each deck when in shift mode? If possible I would like to do this for deck A and B but only when I am in shift mode on the controller.

Cheers!
Florentino Tuetken
Nice!!

Thanks.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by MWagner
not sure what the problem was. I remapped it from scratch and it works fine now.
No worries mate. I always do double check
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by Stewe
FX unit isn't suppose to turn on - it's button 3 doing the trick here.
not sure what the problem was. I remapped it from scratch and it works fine now.
Kellie Myrum
I would believe that would prevent the effect from turning on at all.
FX unit isn't suppose to turn on - it's button 3 doing the trick here.
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by MWagner
This isn't working for me. are you sure about this one:

I believe he means 1.
Werner Bile
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-TurntableFX
Add In > FX Unit > Dry/Wet / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.500
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 / type-button / mode-direct / value-1.000
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 2 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.555
Add In > FX Unit > Knob 3 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.511
Add In > FX Unit > Unit On / type-button / mode-direct / value-0
Add In > FX Unit > Button 2 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0
Add In > FX Unit > Button 3 / type-button / mode-hold (or toggle)
Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-single
Add In > FX Unit > FX Store Preset / type-button / mode-trigger

Map all commands to single button and assign to same FX unit.
This isn't working for me. are you sure about this one:
Kellie Myrum

This tsi is exported from my Instant Gratification mapping for my arcade controller. Feel free to remap it to your own controllers if you like. Every command is labeled for corresponding button in combo. In order to re-map it, enable learn function > click command to highlite > press button related to comment. Repeat this process for all commands.

button 1 (currently Ch3.CC.004)
button 2 (currently Ch3.CC.005)
button 3 (currently Ch3.CC.006)
button 4 (currently Ch3.CC.011)

masher combo.tsi
Valeri Millstein
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=63445

Theres the link!
Valeri Millstein
Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-TurntableFX
Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-single

Greatness! Okay I am going to start up a thread!
Kellie Myrum

Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by 0Notice
Agreed, Im going to start looking for a few lists of parameters, Post them in a new thread then give people the opportunity to post their Fx mappings. PM with more parameters of links to lists. Maybe we can get mods to sticky it.
Cool! Lemme know when you start the thread. You got my mapping help with it.
Valeri Millstein
There are already many threads related to that subject but it seems every of it become silenced after some time... Maybe if we create one and then mods sticky it that could change the history of Traktor effects threads around this community .
Agreed, Im going to start looking for a few lists of parameters, Post them in a new thread then give people the opportunity to post their Fx mappings. PM with more parameters of links to lists. Maybe we can get mods to sticky it.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by 0Notice
No, I just Like being able to see what others have come up with. Maybe we should make a thread of actual parameter collections so people can then use them as a starting point.
There are already many threads related to that subject but it seems every of it become silenced after some time... Maybe if we create one and then mods sticky it that could change the history of Traktor effects threads around this community .

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy