Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.Reply
Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.
Posted on: 26.01.2011 by Demetra Pinizzotto
In another thread I added two small tutorials for mapping in traktor.
It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.
This way every one can get new ideas and learn how to map their own.

The format is:
title with subject
description of the mapping, (maybe a very short video to show it)

text explanation in steps
screen shots of the mapping window.

see my two tutorials down here.
Fady Soliman
Originally Posted by Stewe
That's strange... I don't have 3D to give you exact MIDI ch and velocity input for this but there is much better chance to find your answers if you are looking for help in MF community .

http://community .djranking s.com/community display.php?f=26
Great thx!!
Willard Battley
Hi guys
I'm currently mapping the armyfoes' mapping for sweep drama / build up on my Traktor S4.
So far, I have mapped the left shift button to trigger this mapping on deck A and the right shift button for the deck B.
However the purpose of this mapping is to make some nice transitions so it has to work on the deck set as the master deck (the first one that was launched).
So I was wondering whether it exists a second modifier condition in order to trigger this on the current master deck ?
This will simplify my mapping and also no more brainstorming while mixing to figure out which shift button I should press ;-)
Thank guys
See u
J
Kellie Myrum
That's strange... I don't have 3D to give you exact MIDI ch and velocity input for this but there is much better chance to find your answers if you are looking for help in MF community .

http://community .djranking s.com/community display.php?f=26
Fady Soliman
Flashing LED on echo out is a part of MF3D firmware. Check 3D product page for this documentation, it's fully explained there.

Thx Stewe!

I just checked on the Traktor MIDI settings for the MF3D but not really enough info. Is there other info on the product page?
Kellie Myrum
Flashing LED on echo out is a part of MF3D firmware. Check 3D product page for this documentation, it's fully explained there.
Fady Soliman
Wondering if anyone can help here.

I have some mapping experience but get stuck on getting the LED's to flash. Currently I'm using a modified version of Flashflooders V2.1.2 TSI file.

What I would like is have some buttons flashing once I turn the feature on, but not to the beat. There is a freeze echo effect on the pads in FF version, and once turned on the pad flashes till you hit it again.

Not sure how he did it but would love to have that happen when say I hit a button to turn rec on etc.

Another feature that would be cool if possible is to have the jog wheel flash blue to red once you hit the close to end of track mark. I know there are options in the midi program for this but couldn't get the lights to flash.

Or as the track is playing on deck the jog wheel flashes to the beat.

Any help or examples would be great!

Thx
Valery Ellick
^This...

There's no real quick-fix solution to learning mapping. You'll just have to dive in and come back with specific questions. Download some mappings for your controller and start picking it a part to learn how it works.
Between Stewe's link, the tutorials on the DJTT blog and the Traktor Bible, it should be enough to get your head spinning.
Kellie Myrum
Hi Zarel and welcome to community s. You can give it a try and read this: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=113464

Then when you come up with specific question or request feel free to ask and you'll have a response sooner than later.
Cassandra Balcer
Hey all,

I'm new to DJ Techtools, and I just started mixing a few weeks ago. I bought myself a Numark Mixtrack Pro with Traktor Pro.

I have achieved fading different songs from one into another and I just started to discover effects. However, I feel that my creativity is limited by my knowledge of how to use traktor properly.

Herefore I'm looking for some sort of beginners tutorial on mapping my Numark Mixtrack Pro. I see that many people have different kinds of gear , but I have yet to find someone who knows much about my Mixtrack Pro.

I've been searching on google and this community , but most of the mapping tutorial are too advanced for me personally. Also, I downloaded some prefabricated TSI's from TraktorBible, but it's not quite it for me. I would appreciate it if someone could help this rookie onto the right path.

Zarael
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by Eric Zone
Hi! About the problem with mapping the LEDs on your APC, I know what's wrong. The text I copied you I wrote a few months ago for another member of this community and it works perfectly with every version older than 2.5. In 2.5 there are some small diferences, learn button now works with add out functions and the commands are re-aranged, but once you learn how to do this you should know how to do the rest. Now, the biggest problem is that your APC is not in the 'dumb mode' (stupid name, I know!) Here's the solution to your problems:

Good luck!
Hi...I use the APC40 and 20.

You will need to choose the command....click Learn and press the button.
Then click Learn again to turn it off. Tell it that its a button and set it to Toggle.

Then add the OUT command right afterward. It should list that command right on top of the list.
If not, just choose LED and then give it a value. The different values will mean a different color.

The Toggle setting should cause it to go on when clicked (enabled) and off when clicked again.

As mentioned above...if you not in 'Dumb Mode'....it does not work.

I got to a gig 2 weeks ago and connected up and opened Traktor...and loaded my mapping.
I tested the FluxMode button I created the week before and noticed the buttons light was not turning off on the second press.

After rebooting and re-configuring this command etc....I realized that I had not opened Ableton before Traktor, to get it into Dumb Mode.

DOH!

Setup so many times....dunno how i forgot that...but yeah...that is what happens and sounds like you have the same issue.

Are you using Dumb Mode when mapping your APC for Traktor?

There are a few modes...so dont get confused.
Percy Delcolle
Originally Posted by klarkypr
Hi, i believe this is my first post so hello to everyone. I have a APC20 and i'm trying to make the mapping for the Hot Cues. I've been able to make the cue mapping but i haven't been able to make the leds work. I'm in Traktor 2.5.

This are my steps:

- add in > select / set store hot cue > hotcue 1 > deck a
This step works

- add out > ??????????????? I don't know if I need to use "select / set store hot cue" or what. And what parameters i need to use.

Please I need some help here . I'll be very grateful if you guys help me.

Thank you in advance. I'm new in all of this
Hi! About the problem with mapping the LEDs on your APC, I know what's wrong. The text I copied you I wrote a few months ago for another member of this community and it works perfectly with every version older than 2.5. In 2.5 there are some small diferences, learn button now works with add out functions and the commands are re-aranged, but once you learn how to do this you should know how to do the rest. Now, the biggest problem is that your APC is not in the 'dumb mode' (stupid name, I know!) Here's the solution to your problems:

First of all, you need to put AKAI in the 'dumb mode'. You do it by configuring AKAI with Ableton Live. When you start AKAI, the LED on the play button should be on. Then, you should open up Ableton Live. Now, when you start your Ableton a few LEDs will be on, not just the play button. If more LEDs are not on, then you need to configure your Ableton for use with AKAI. I remember I found some tutorial on youtube on how to do it, not so sure how to do it so I can't help you with that. If you manage to do that don't do anything else, just quit Ableton. After you do it, all of the LEDs should shut down. If you managed to do that, then you managed to put your AKAI in the dumb mode.

Next stop is opening Traktor. When configuring controller settings, you need to configure it twice for every function. I hope you know how to map play function to a button. After you do that, you need to map the LED. You simply go to Add Out - Transport - Play/Pause. Now, you should notice that the learn option does not work with the add out controls, and you need to find the button which you are trying to map manualy. For example, if you wanted to map your first button in the clip launch section, you'd click on n/a, then chose Channel 1 - Note - F3.

When you selected the button you want to map LED to, you simply need to select the color. The way of doing it is to control LED functions.
For instance, if you want your button to be blinking red when the tracks is playing, and solid red when the tracks is loaded, but it's not playing, you need to select the controller range from 0 to 1, select the Midi range from 3 to 4, and to turn on the blend function. And that's it. That button should be mapped correctly!

I hope you'll understand everything, considering that I'm not so good in english.
If you have any other questions, just ask!
Good luck!
Librada Woolslayer
Hi folks! I've ran into an issue while mapping loop roll to my Mixtrack Pro. I had no idea why it turned off Flux mode or exited the loop (totally different buttons) when I pushed in all four roll buttons one-by-one to come to the lowest-highest loop size. Did some investigation, and it turns out that combinations of buttons give totally different notes than any of those pressed on deck B.

D7 (loop manual/auto) + D6 (loop in) + D#6 (loop out) -> G7 (FX select push)
E6 (reloop) + D#6 (loop out) + D6 (loop in) + D7 (loop manual/auto -> A#5 (keylock)

How come???
Kellie Myrum
I know what you're saying mate! My last mapping for behringer had 13 devices and took more than a minute for preferences to pop up. I believe that NI should add more modifiers in the house any time soon and keep up with current needs of their users. Something like at least double it could keep # of devices low and prevent traktor to take a neap every time any device is loaded.

Also that can help when it comes to using multiple controllers with ultimate mappings at the same time. Seems they have no interest in doing this tho... Hopefully Pro 3
Anisa Fourte
That's what I figured I was going to have to do... Just wanted to avoid if possible and not use the modifier.

This Maschine Mapping is already going to be using about 7+ devices most likely, just trying to keep that to a minimum since it already takes me 30 seconds to open the preferences due to how many devices I have in there!
Kellie Myrum
Hey Tre, I've just check this and you are correct, the value indeed stops at post fader mode using 'INC' interaction mode. I'm sure this can be mapped using a modifier with three values but you'll need to set this in loop so once a last value has reached the next hit of the button causes a modifier value to jump at first one (let me know if you need to know how to map this).

If you have burned all modifiers in your current mapping you can simply add a new generic device which brings you another set of eight modifiers.
Anisa Fourte
Hey Stewe, maybe you can help me out here... Or anyone else out there....

I'm trying to map a single button to flip through the FX routing (Send, Insert, Post-Fader). So I tried mapping it to a button with Inc value, but of course once it gets to the max value, it doesn't come around to the lowest again. So it stops and I'm left in Post-Fader mode. I am trying to get this rotating function to work on a single button without any modifiers as this is for the big Maschine mapping I'm working on and I'm going to most likely need all the modifiers I can get!
Kellie Myrum
I'm not an APC user so can't really assist on that. But I've seen that been posted before in this thread and mappings community . You might need to search a bit or wait for other members to reply.

If I was you I'd play with different values and see if I could find solution myself.
Marquitta Depina
Add out > Track Deck > Cue > Hotcue x Type
Thanks. I've tried that but i don't know what parameter use to make the led stays on. Because when I press the led (apc20 button) the led turn off

I dont know what are the control range or midi range to use

Thanks
Kellie Myrum
Add out > Track Deck > Cue > Hotcue x Type
Marquitta Depina
Hi, i believe this is my first post so hello to everyone. I have a APC20 and i'm trying to make the mapping for the Hot Cues. I've been able to make the cue mapping but i haven't been able to make the leds work. I'm in Traktor 2.5.

This are my steps:

- add in > select / set store hot cue > hotcue 1 > deck a
This step works

- add out > ??????????????? I don't know if I need to use "select / set store hot cue" or what. And what parameters i need to use.

Please I need some help here . I'll be very grateful if you guys help me.

Thank you in advance. I'm new in all of this
Latrisha Clare
Did you assign modifier conditions for commands that are mapped for jogwheel?
hi so i tried out a lot by now.. i tried to map it to all 4 cogwheel-mode buttons (after erasing the original mapping for that specific button) an i tried it with the pitch bend +/- buttons... actually none of them do the job i want... when i map it to any button i press it and the fx dry/wet decreases 10%. thats it... no contorl with jogwheel possible...
Kellie Myrum
No worries, should work just fine
Royal Acoba
Thanks man I'll try it out tomorrow.
Kellie Myrum
Add out > Deck Common > Tempo Adjust
controller range: min=0 ; max=0
Royal Acoba
I finally got my Numark Mixtrack Pro and I'm mapping it. But I have a question, what is the midi range for middle of the tempo adjust ? So my tempo adjust led will turn on when tempo is at the middle.
Kellie Myrum
Did you assign modifier conditions for commands that are mapped for jogwheel?
Latrisha Clare
so i tried what u told me and it doesn't work. the jogwheel does actually nothing when i press the button i choosed.
Kellie Myrum
I assume you're using 'ADD OUT' tab? This is where you choose options for LED feedback.

Try adding modifier using 'ADD IN' instead.

Correct me if I'm wrong
Latrisha Clare
I don't own this controller to make mapping for you.

There are eight modifiers in Traktor. I gave example of Modifier 1 but you can use which ever you want. It's one of simplest modifier settings and all you need is in my reply.
ok i believe i understand it by now, only one more question:
this for I/O in "Modifier 1 / modCon M1=0 / button-direct / value=1"
and this for I/O Out "Modifier 1 / modCon M1=1 / button-direct / value=0"?

and at every I/O out i cant choose button direct... there is only LED i can choose.... sorry
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by The Machine
Hey guys!

Im totaly new here and this is my first post
Welcome to community s.

1. You'll need to set toggling modifier between two values (0/1). Add first condition M=0 to hold type and map new toggle FX type buttons and set M=1 into condition sots/

2. As you said, use beat monitor and dedicate M=1 (condition for FX toggle mode)

3. Try with 'FX Store Preset' command. Find it under FX unit drop menu.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by euphoria676
actually i have no idea where to put it in. this mapping stuff confuses me completely! i attached my mapping to this post. if u could have a look on it an give me e.g. some screenshots or something that i know how to do it.
I don't own this controller to make mapping for you.

the main problem is i don't know which "Modifier 1" you mean
There are eight modifiers in Traktor. I gave example of Modifier 1 but you can use which ever you want. It's one of simplest modifier settings and all you need is in my reply.
Tilda Kerk
Hey guys!

Im totaly new here and this is my first post

Reason why i registered here, is to get help on some advanced mapping im working with my Novation Launchpad to work on Traktor Pro 2.6 (well worked, ive finished my mapping, but i want to nail it even more). Here is my situation.

I have made mapping for Traktor Pro 2, 3 effect buttons from FX group assigned to Launchpad, but i made them to be momentary on the hold for some expression, i mapped 4th button to wich when i press and hold it, then i press any of 3 effect buttons they are toggled and 3 questions:

1. I want that instead of pressing and holding 4th button, i would just need to press it and it would change instantly all other 3 effect buttons to toggle.

2. When those 3 FX buttons goes in to toggle mode, they start to Flash. I know that i need to use beat phase, but i cant crack my head how to make it work. Atlhough i did flashing when you press play button to indicate wich deck is playing.

3. I have mapped 5th button for 3 fx buttons expression, wich controls Knobs, when i press and hold 5th button, it gains from 0 to 100 knob values and when i release they reset back. Thing is, i have checked numerous of times, i did same mapping on all knobs 1/2/3, but on fx 1/2 units after reseting 2nd knob only goes back to the middle... Is it normal? or i did something wrong?

I hope you can help me, thank you
Latrisha Clare
actually i have no idea where to put it in. this mapping stuff confuses me completely! i attached my mapping to this post. if u could have a look on it an give me e.g. some screenshots or something that i know how to do it. sorry but i am really dumb at stuff like that

the main problem is i don't know which "Modifier 1" you mean....

cheers
Kellie Myrum
Hey, one toggling modifier should do the job. Map it to any button:

Modifier 1 / modCon M1=0 / button-direct / value=1
Modifier 1 / modCon M1=1 / button-direct / value=0

Now each time you press this button a modifier value should jump between values 0 and 1 giving you two states of control. Next, look for 'jog turn' command and add 'M1=0' in to modifier condition slot if you wish jogwheel to pitchband only when button is in first state.

Add In > Fx Unit > DryWet / modCon M1=1 / type-encoder / interaction-relative / rotary sensitivity - set for best result

Hopefully this helps,
Latrisha Clare
Hi guys!

before i bought my reloop jockey 3 me i used to have an jockey 2 IE. so i was wondering if there is a chance to remap the Jockey 3 Jogwheels to control the FX Dry/wet with the jogwheels (would be awesome if i have to press one of the 4 jog-mode buttons before it will work)

I Hope u can help me!!

greetz

-euphoria676-
Kellie Myrum
Got it lined up - now just to make copy trigger, but Ill live that fun for later.
Ja Baily
I've already tried that and setting your tsi. input to all ports creates a midi loop if the fisic control is maped to the same CC as the output but i havent tried maping them to different CC's so dont know if it might work in one...
Kellie Myrum
I'll look to keep all the commands in one device if possible. Will see where it goes
Ja Baily
i forgot to mention that in second device you have to map then that CC (that is valid for on/off states behaviours) the parameter you would like to trigger
Ja Baily
YEAH MAN

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy