Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.Reply
Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.
Posted on: 26.01.2011 by Demetra Pinizzotto
In another thread I added two small tutorials for mapping in traktor.
It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.
This way every one can get new ideas and learn how to map their own.

The format is:
title with subject
description of the mapping, (maybe a very short video to show it)

text explanation in steps
screen shots of the mapping window.

see my two tutorials down here.
Merilyn Mwangi
i have a allen & heath xone dx and i wanna mapping on traktor the THRU function,on serato it.s working the thru function it.s activate when i press shift+cue and the cue button change to color grey, this function help me to plug a pionner player or a vinyl...like in this video please help...
Kari Bammel
Hi guys just got enfos maschine mk2 mapping for traktor and when I try to set loop length it only moves from 1/32 to 1 to 32. Also the browse wheel skips in increments of 5 tracks. Is this normal and if not how can I set these to move in increments of 1. new to traktor so any help would be great.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Deanlists
actually i just changed my effects button as a hold for all 3 and was able to have them turn on\off that way....
Using endless pot? It should work fine with standard rotary which is sending values 0 to 127 but There is no interaction mode allow you to make it work for the knob you have described.

but i still wanna learn how to do the jog wheel... it may make things easier for me lol
Start new mapping and add three effect buttons and assign them to your jog touch sensitivity. Make interaction hold and all three FX should become active on touch of the jog wheel.

That's the first step.
Elsa Bro
actually i just changed my effects button as a hold for all 3 and was able to have them turn on\off that way.... but i still wanna learn how to do the jog wheel... it may make things easier for me lol
Elsa Bro
Originally Posted by Stewe
Pretty much. Or to use a jog wheel and do it like a boss.
lol i would have to learn how to do that next. Im still new at traktor and still using virtual dj. i never knew it was this much of a job to work with traktor lol. Im going through youtube videos to do some of the mappings. i will try the jog wheel mapping but need to find out how. But thank you
Kellie Myrum
ahh ok. so i have to map a button that would turn them off rather than using the knobs huh?
Pretty much. Or to use a jog wheel and do it like a boss.
Elsa Bro
Sorry, I totally missed endless encoder part. Since this encoders send only two different ranges of value the Traktor can't read the min CC value where your effects are supposed to turn off.
ahh ok. so i have to map a button that would turn them off rather than using the knobs huh?
Kellie Myrum
Sorry, I totally missed endless encoder part. Since this encoders send only two different ranges of value the Traktor can't read the min CC value where your effects are supposed to turn off.
Elsa Bro
Set button ON command to interaction hold and map it to knob. Repeat same step for all three effect buttons in group mode and assign them to single knob as you've suggested.
thats what i did and they have stayed on. when i activate invert they turn off as soon as i start turning the knob down rather than turning them off when they are completely down. i tried hold, toggle, and direct but nothing works. Also thank you for the quick reply
Kellie Myrum
Hey I'm using a numark mixtrack with tracktor pro 2. what im trying to do is have the parameters knob turn off all fx in a group .when they hit zero. These knobs has no ends, they just contentiously turn. I used both button 1, 2, and 3 as well as unit on but they just stay on. is there anyway to have these set to turn off after turning them down completely?
Set button ON command to interaction hold and map it to knob. Repeat same step for all three effect buttons in group mode and assign them to single knob as you've suggested.
Elsa Bro
Hey I'm using a numark mixtrack with tracktor pro 2. what im trying to do is have the parameters knob turn off all fx in a group .when they hit zero. These knobs has no ends, they just contentiously turn. I used both button 1, 2, and 3 as well as unit on but they just stay on. is there anyway to have these set to turn off after turning them down completely?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Sarah646
How to map master select LED output.
Add out > Deck common > Set as Tempo Master
Antoinette Mcnicol
How to map master select LED output.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by moey2k2001
hey guys

I'm out of luck and stuck on this particular thing. I want to map one arcade button with 3 different commands. I've already managed to map the filter increase & decrease by using a modifier and the same button. but how can I make it "reset" its state when i simply double press it?

please help. thnx.
Check your thread in MIDIfighters community .
Shu Dietiker
hey guys

I'm out of luck and stuck on this particular thing. I want to map one arcade button with 3 different commands. I've already managed to map the filter increase & decrease by using a modifier and the same button. but how can I make it "reset" its state when i simply double press it?

please help. thnx.
Kellie Myrum
Should be easy. Enter your command list and look for 'Jog Touch' command. Could be a little different label depending on traktor version you run.

Simply delete for both decks.
Stacee Rossillo
Hello everyone!

Im an initiate so i dont know mutch about mapping,but here's my problem i would like to turn off the scratch mode of my mapp.
Its realy annoying making a mix and sometimes touch a bit on the spin and i suck my work all trough garbage.
So suggestions pls.

I have an Numark Mixtrack and my mapp its this one : http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=419

Greetings
Kellie Myrum
That's great, I'll be checking it out sometime soon. Good luck with your new station and have a nice stay!
Werner Bile
thanks!
I was stuck right on 500 for a long time as I've been busy with trying to get our new internet radio station off the ground, so I hadn't been around for awhile. Good to be back though!
Kellie Myrum
BTW congrats on your 500 posts!
Kellie Myrum
Anytimes mate Glad to assist.
Werner Bile
That started to happen since NI've added Bouncers and new Delays in 2.5. Just add FX Store Preset along with direct=0
thanks, Stewe. I had a feeling you'd know the answer
Kellie Myrum
That started to happen since NI've added Bouncers and new Delays in 2.5. Just add FX Store Preset along with direct=0
Werner Bile
my apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but I was wondering if anyone else has the problem with when you switch through your fx, some of them are already turned on when you get to them. I even tried including a midi command to set the button to 0 and attached it to the button I was using to browse through the fx. Didn't work.

anyone know why this is happening? its not a huge problem since the fx is not turned on in the mixer section, but it is annoying.
Kellie Myrum
Reinstall your audio driver?
Coletta Krainer
Nothing to do with mappings though. Check out your audio settings (output routing).
I am, Seems like Ive tried everything. But im getting both decks playing on one side for some reason, and I am LOST on how to fix this.
Kellie Myrum
Nothing to do with mappings though. Check out your audio settings (output routing).
Coletta Krainer
I have a HP laptop, Numark Mixdeck, and using Traktor Pro 2. Everything was set up and mapped fine, UNTIL i tried to figure out recording. Then I must have changed some input/output settings or something...cause now I can only hear sound on the left side of my mixdeck. Can someone please help me with mapping my Mixdeck back up with Traktor.????
Ngan Shannon
Originally Posted by tombruton69
My Free Book On Traktor MIDI Mapping will be Updated Weekly
Download here
Since when have this link became invalid, when the last timr it was updated?
Either remove the link or update it.
Hong Leis
Hey guys, normally I've been a quiet reader and get all my info from here. But now I have an idea in my head and I don't know if I'm running into software limits or my own

What I've been believeing:
one button hold or toggle (say on a MIDI fighter) to control a deck to play at half speed in key of course.
- it takes some preparing your BEATGRIDS but I believe it should be possible
- example: when playing a drum&bass track at 174 bpm, holding this button should slow it down to 87 bpm.
- so it needs modifying beatgrid speed /2 or X2 and of course it has to be in key.

I've tried this without mapping and when adjusting the beatgrid speed and I believe it is somehow possible, but this is as far as I get at this stage.

Anyone has any idea's about this?
Ernestine Powanda
Hey guys I just got the American Audio 10MXR and I stumbled across something I dont know how to get around. I am able to map the entire thing up but in order to use the 5 buttons (I set as hot cues) on the left or right I have to press shift+ any of the buttons mapped as hot cues in order to get the hot cues to work. Can I set up my hot cues so that I dont need to press shift. I dont have anything mapped on to the shift key so I am at a loss.

Help!

Thanks,
Kellie Myrum
Yes, just map a modifier in increment mode.

Modifier / button / inc
Modifier / button / direct to 1 (M=3)
Towanda Roads
Is it possible to do it with one button and one knob?
Kellie Myrum
Map modifier to three buttons.

Button 1: M1=1
Button 2: M1=2
Button 3: M1=3

Then map all three EQz to one knob and assign modifier conditions for each state and frequencies.
Towanda Roads
Is there a way to put all 3 eqs on one knob while having a button dedicated that toggles which eq is active? I want to have control over 3-band eq on the same page that I have my gain and filter knobs on my k2. Is this possible?
Towanda Roads
Damn but its alright just means I need to get more knobs lol. Do you know why on decks A,C,and D the move command moves the loop that I have active but on deck B when a loop is active the loop doesn't move when I move through the waveform. Do you know how I could get B to work like A, C , and D I have erased and duplicated the input from one of the working ones but that doesn't do the trick.
Kellie Myrum
You might need a midifighter pro style superfader (two CC massages) to get that behavior.
Towanda Roads
Can I change the starting position of the individual eq knobs so that they do a roll? Such as having the bass be lower start at halfway between being completly cut and being at exact 0% at the midpoint.
Kellie Myrum
Yes, just map all three commands for the same knob.
Towanda Roads
I use a K2 and have been using a lot of different mappings but I want to utilize every knob in traktor and there isn't a mapping out there like that. I have a page on the controller with dedicated high, mid, low control on 3 knobs but on a seperate page I would like to have the super eq knob with my dedicated gain and filter knobs. So is it possible to have a knob control all 3 bands of eq?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy