Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.Reply
Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.
Posted on: 26.01.2011 by Demetra Pinizzotto
In another thread I added two small tutorials for mapping in traktor.
It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.
This way every one can get new ideas and learn how to map their own.

The format is:
title with subject
description of the mapping, (maybe a very short video to show it)

text explanation in steps
screen shots of the mapping window.

see my two tutorials down here.
Kellie Myrum
Use 'Add Out' and select same modifier number which you are using for toggling between modes. Hope this helps, and if I didn't made myself clear enough let me know.
Carola Wyllys
this help alot - thank you

one final - can you type out to recipe for the modifier button ? i mean the magic one button which will indicate modifier is on.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Dax
many thanks for your reply.

the instructions you gave - do they apply to each new button in create for c/d?
Correct. Every single command for decks C and D must be assigned with modifier condition in order to work when dedicated condition is active.
Carola Wyllys
many thanks for your reply.

the instructions you gave - do they apply to each new button in create for c/d?
im a bit confused.
if possible screen shots with explanation to assist
i was able to create my own mapping for my controller, that seemed easy enough. Once i get an understanding i'll be good and thank you again.
Royal Acoba
Okey I'll try it in the morning.
Kellie Myrum
If high kill modifier is M1=1, then assign M1=1 for loop rec output.
Royal Acoba
Originally Posted by Stewe
Place a modifier there and put it's value to loop rec position.
How do I set the modifier value to loop rec position ?
I know how to use modifiers but the values I know only "off, on, 1-7, Deck A-D"
Kellie Myrum
Place a modifier there and put it's value to loop rec position.
Royal Acoba
I have one more thing to ask you, how can I blink Hi Kill led when Hi Kill is active ?
Kellie Myrum
Duplicate same command few times and assign different values. For example first would be 0 > 0.2 second 0.25>0.45 etc...
Royal Acoba
Thanks man. It worked. I used 0.6/1.0
Kellie Myrum
Add Out > Loop Recorder > Playback Position
-controller range 0.5 to 1.0

Put loop on play and button should blink on second beat.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Deniz343
Is there a way to blink a led while song isn't playing

Thanks in advance
If you use 3 decks max map fourth deck beat phase to be your blink engine for the rest of decks. Or, use loop recorder position output for this.
Royal Acoba
Is there a way to blink a led while song isn't playing

Thanks in advance
Kellie Myrum
Use modifier and set it to toggle between two values.

Modifier 1 / modCon M1=1 / button-direct / value=0
Modifier 1 / modCon M1=0 / button-direct / value=1

Now add M1=0 condition for A+B controls and M1=1 for decks C and D.
Carola Wyllys
hi
I am hoping to get some assistance mapping. If some members could give me some advice that would be great.

I have Hercules RMX
all i would like to do is to modify some sort of one touch button to turn the entire mixing board from controlling decks A/B to now control decks C/D.
also some beginners advice for mapping controls while on C/D ( just need to know what to add ie: MOD 1 etc

thanks
Kellie Myrum
Here is a first lesion for starters: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=113464
Simone Defrancisco
Originally Posted by russjones
....being a newbie to mapping any help would be great. Plus do you believe the traktor bible work help me to map my controller myself from start to finish.
If you have a Mac definately buy this app/program to MIDI Map: http://www.xtrememapping.com/
Here are some of the features of XM to simplify the process: http://www.xtrememapping.com/App/Features

Mapping in Traktor really sucks. XM makes it a lot easier, especially on the more complex stuff. If you enjoy details and programming type stuff you will definately enjoy mapping.

P.S. - I have a XoneK2 and have custom mapped the entire thing. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty fun to custom design your controller. I learn new stuff all the time and random people are always willing to help out. Best of luck man.
Charline Dye
Sounds like you may have the outputs in preferences wrong. Check there first.

Mapping isn't too difficult. The Traktor Bible is a lot of help, so is YouTube, this thread and community , The DJTT blog articles, the Traktor Manual, etc. I highly reccomend learning to map as it can expand your controller's usability.
Karan Marusich
I have just got a new n4 and all the mappings that I have used so far haven't work as they should. With the tsi released by numark I can't get the monitor to work between master and cue. The cue led's light up so I know they are selected. But turn knob to master side I get audio. But turn to cue I get nothing at all. I guess this is an easy map, but being a newbie to mapping any help would be great. Plus do you believe the traktor bible work help me to map my controller myself from start to finish.

Thanks in advance.
Kellie Myrum
Make sure not to have clone command for one direction... Sorry but I don't have this controller and this seems like sort of issue that need proper troubleshooting and controller to test things out.
Karin Richens
Yeah, sorry. The problem still exists. I don't know why one direction seems to be more sensitive than the other...
Kellie Myrum
I believe the problem is in acceleration. Keep it at 0% and do adjusting using rotary sensitivity.
Karin Richens
Using: Traktor Pro 2 and DJ-Tech iMix (not the reload)

Alright, so I am almost done mapping my controller. Unfourtunately, my jog wheels aren't working very well as turntables. I set them up using the regular jog turn commands, having set them up as encoded, relative, and the encoder mode as 3Fh/41h. Then the rotary speed and acceleration are both at 10%.

Basically what happens is when I try to scratch back and forth in rapid succession I start to go into reverse. Almost like it is barely picking up the forward motion. And sometimes when I move forward the track doesn't move until a second later. I know its not just one of the jog wheels because I have the other one set up exactly as the other one and it does the same thing.
Kellie Myrum
Thank you, I'm glad to share. Let me know how it goes...

Best,
Simone Defrancisco
...once you got them working check Ultimate FX thread where's my superfader post which use same trick to set three custom FX values on 0 and then use relative mode to adjust parameters.
Right on man, appreciate your help. I'll get at the mapping and try to figure it out. It's been interesting MIDI mapping, and I certainly learn something new all the time. Have a good one, and Happy New Year.
Kellie Myrum
Add in > Modifier #1 > check INVERT > set type-button > set interaction-hold > set value-1
Add in > Modifier #1 > set type-button > set interaction-direct > set value-0

Video was to get you in concept how this call it 'reset' modifier works. You can test this parameters on K2 and once you got them working check Ultimate FX thread where's my superfader post which use same trick to set three custom FX values on 0 and then use relative mode to adjust parameters.

http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...587#post561587
Simone Defrancisco
You get precision with acceleration settings, when needed. There is a way in traktor to achieve this. Check this video with toggling modifier fader trick....You can preset knob value as well. All you should do activate modifier first.
Oh, don't have K2 to check mapping.
No worries, figured I would mention the K2. Here's a vid on what I have going...Modifier, FX, Group Mode, etc. are selected when the button blinks. Then I hold one of the upper buttons to activate the FX, and the fader that controls the Knob values 0-50% (approx). I'll check out the video you sent over & see how I can make it work w/ my current mapping.

Kellie Myrum
Oh, don't have K2 to check mapping.
Kellie Myrum
You get precision with acceleration settings, when needed. There is a way in traktor to achieve this. Check this video with toggling modifier fader trick:

You are looking for M!=! position which is reset state for toggling modifier.

You can preset knob value as well. All you should do activate modifier first.
Simone Defrancisco
IYou are right, fader-relative and rotary sensitivity should do the trick but since in relative mode, moving fader can't send value of 50% directly from 0 or 127 and you need to move fader down and then set macro to 0.500 with mouse or to use another button to set macros in center position before playing with it. I assume this is what you have problem with?
I have knob value set at 50% mapped to a button, which is the same as the button that you hold to activate the effect. So it always starts at 50% no matter where the fader is. I have the parameters set up like in the image below. Sensitivity set at 70% and the acceleration at 0%, in relative. That gives you approx 50% w/ the full fader range. But it's not exact.

Is there something that's more precise? Or something that doesn't require you to go back to 0 on the fader to use the effect like I want to?

I'm happy to send you my TSI file mapped for a Xone K2 if you want to check it out before I share it online. Whatever works. Thx man.

Kellie Myrum
I had same idea even before macro effects were out. You are right, fader-relative and rotary sensitivity should do the trick but since in relative mode, moving fader can't send value of 50% directly from 0 or 127 and you need to move fader down and then set macro to 0.500 with mouse or to use another button to set macros in center position before playing with it. I assume this is what you have problem with?
Simone Defrancisco
You want to use only 0-50% of macro effect in full fader range?
Yes, that is correct. I have d/w set at 100%, and want to control 0-50% of macro effect in full fader range.
Kellie Myrum
You want to use only 0-50% of macro effect in full fader range?
Simone Defrancisco
....another thing regarding the new 2.6 Macro FX: Is there any way to control only 50-100% or 0%-50% of the macro FX w/ a fader or encoder? Especially since the macro FX work at +/-50% and are not engaged at a value of 50%. Right now the only way I've figured out how to do this is by using acceleration and sensitivity, but it's not exact. See it in the attached image below. I basically have it mapped like this and inverted, to only control 0-50% and 50-100% of the macro FX. If there is another why to do this that's easier let me know. Or if there is an more exact value I can use w/ acceleration and sensitivity so I have better control. Thx.

Screen Shot 2012-12-25 at 1.49.38 PM.jpg
Simone Defrancisco
Hey, I'm trying to map my Xone K2 w/ the new 2.6 Macro FX. I'm set up in chained FX in Trakor. Basically I have 6 macro FX set up on FX Units 1&2, and toggle between the remaining 5 macro FX w/ a modifier. The question I have is this....Does anyone else notice the sound cutting out when toggling between the macro FX if the FX unit is on?. Not sure if this is a bug in 2.6 or something related to my K2. Anyone else running into this issue?
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by MWagner
Is there anywhere that has all the instant grat settings listed out in one place?
Hopefully I can gather that information and post it in this thread:
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=63445

I just got a MidiFighter 3D and as soon as I have it working I will write down all of the parameters for the instant press FX, for others.
Kellie Myrum
Not that I know...
Werner Bile
Is there anywhere that has all the instant grat settings listed out in one place?
Valeri Millstein
Wow those sound great!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy