Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.Reply
Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.
Posted on: 26.01.2011 by Demetra Pinizzotto
In another thread I added two small tutorials for mapping in traktor.
It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.
This way every one can get new ideas and learn how to map their own.

The format is:
title with subject
description of the mapping, (maybe a very short video to show it)

text explanation in steps
screen shots of the mapping window.

see my two tutorials down here.
Kellie Myrum
No problem, I like this idea too and will look into it. I'll share tsi here if I get any results.
Nedra Cheff
Originally Posted by Stewe
I've made two buttons that act as you have described but adding third button in this loop requires a shit load of modifiers and maybe it's impossible to achieve... Will give a few more attempts to make this work but it doesn't promise much of success really.
Well I appreciate your help either way thanks.
Kellie Myrum
I've made two buttons that act as you have described but adding third button in this loop requires a shit load of modifiers and maybe it's impossible to achieve... Will give a few more attempts to make this work but it doesn't promise much of success really.
Nedra Cheff
It's more to do with rolling up then back down through the knob range. If i hold button 1 at 10%, then i can press button 2 at 50% and it works fine. The issue is if I want to go back to button 1 i have to let go of one of the buttons at which point the effect stops working. This is no good for fx like beatmasher because the sample point changes if i turn off the button even for a split second.
Kellie Myrum
Is there any specific reason why you don't want to keep other buttons holding while performing this combination?
Nedra Cheff
I believe this can be done with creative usage of modifiers.
I have tried modifiers but they seem to have the same problem in that when i release the button the modifier also resets back to "0"
Kellie Myrum
I believe this can be done with creative usage of modifiers.
Nedra Cheff
hi guys, looking for some help if possible, I'm using a launchpad and trying to map Gater effect to 3 buttons with 3 different knob rates.
So I got the basics mapped to the 3 buttons: fx button HOLD, Knobs set as buttons DIRECT to the corresponding values I want.
My problem is that although the 3 buttons all work, I can't roll up and down through the buttons because if I let go of the first button while holding the second button, the effect is still switched off.
I assume this is because the 1st button is still sending a midi-off signal.
Any help would be appreciated.
Abe Cronister
thanx , you where spot on, figured it out appreciated
Kellie Myrum
Add in > Deck Common > Move > Mode Selector / type-button / interaction-direct / value - loop out
Add in > Deck Common > Move > Size Selector / type-button / interaction-direct / value - loop
Add in > Deck Common > Move > Move / type-encoder / interaction-relative

Command for 2fx/4fx toggle doesn't exist, you can set it only from preferences.
Royal Acoba
That's what I thought when I started to research this device, but then after a couple of YouTube videos and community s at least I thought it might have red and orange colors.
Kellie Myrum
I didn't test it so can't tell for sure. As I said before, try typing in different values in min/max MIDI range slots and see it for yourself.

Something tells me they aren't.
Royal Acoba
According to the information here, I believe yes.
Kellie Myrum
Do you have multicolor LED on this button you're tweaking?
Royal Acoba
Actually I did... Which controller do you use?
In 2 weeks Numark Mixtrack Pro
Kellie Myrum
Actually I did... Which controller do you use?
Royal Acoba
Look under MIDI range. The min value is for color when inactive and max is vice versa.
Can you give a example ?
Kellie Myrum
Look under MIDI range. The min value is for color when inactive and max is vice versa.
Royal Acoba
I want to see red color (0-1) when button isn't active. And when button gets active I want to see orange color (0-127). Is there any way to do this ? My English isn't great so if you didn't understand I made a picture with paint. Maybe you will understand my question from this picture.
Untitled.jpeg
Carola Wyllys
i totally get it now.. thank you all for your time spent.
Carola Wyllys
not all, but the one i just ran test on ( eq low nob ) was set to m=0 and the duplicate was set to m2=1.
HOWEVER - thank you for your comment midinoob as I just had a breakthrough
1st - i was an idiot and neglected to make the deck assignment to dec c.
once i flipped that i was controlling both a and c eq nob after pushing my shift button. since i already had a mod 1 on i now understand that I need to tell the system what to do in both cases of mod 1 and mod 2 ( just for the buttons I have already re-layered with my original shift buttons )
Camelia Slivinsky
Originally Posted by Dax
i do understand concept - and i do appreciate midinoob and stewe assistance - i just thought i was on the wrong track after I created the initial shift button. once I press it all my a/b buttons should be inactive yet they are not.
Have you set all you ab controls to have the modifier of 0?
Carola Wyllys
button # 7, 31 and 41 are all a shift button... the same shift button. it only works on hold ( i cant seem to switch it to toggle) which is the reason I have 3 shifts.
button 7 and 31 are located right next to job wheel, so when i press one of them i can also control wheel with same hand as it is assigned to tempo adj/scratch. while the button is not being held my jog wheels are linked to effects
i have also assigned the eq nobs to control specific values of the effects but only when the shift button (7 31 0r 41 ) are being held.
Kellie Myrum
Will be back with you tomorrow, it's late here.
Carola Wyllys
the nob low eq knob works for dec a after pressing my shift button(46)
Carola Wyllys
sorry - thats my saved tsi before i fiddled.thought u wanted my usual tsi.

so i have uploaded.
to guide you:
-button 46 is where i am trying to assign the toggle shift button to activate second layer
-i ran test with my low eq nob which is button 54 - it has an effects paramater assigned when I push another shift button but i can never get it to toggle, only when holding.. the test was duplicating nob and assigning m2=1
no luk there..
Kellie Myrum
You have same modifier 1 (value 1) mapped for 3 CC values. Can you explain what buttons are they set for?
Carola Wyllys
Originally Posted by midinoob
Dax once you have the modifier made, the next step is to create all the buttons the you want for both decks, the simplest thing is to duplicate all the functions for decks ab and set them to deck cd
Then for all the buttons for decks ab set the modifier to m2 - 0
Then for all the buttons for decks cd set the modifier to m2 - 1

i do understand concept - and i do appreciate midinoob and stewe assistance - i just thought i was on the wrong track after I created the initial shift button. once I press it all my a/b buttons should be inactive yet they are not.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Dax
Dude you didn't even add modifier 2 in here
Carola Wyllys
2013rmx mapping.tsi
Kellie Myrum
Exactly what I said in first place...

Use modifier and set it to toggle between two values.

Modifier 1 / modCon M1=1 / button-direct / value=0
Modifier 1 / modCon M1=0 / button-direct / value=1

Now add M1=0 condition for A+B controls and M1=1 for decks C and D.
Camelia Slivinsky
Dax once you have the modifier made, the next step is to create all the buttons the you want for both decks, the simplest thing is to duplicate all the functions for decks ab and set them to deck cd
Then for all the buttons for decks ab set the modifier to m2 - 0
Then for all the buttons for decks cd set the modifier to m2 - 1
Carola Wyllys
i truly believe i am just mis-understanding something and not creating properly. . .
Carola Wyllys
as in upload my tsi ?
Kellie Myrum
Can you share your current mapping here? Maybe I should look in to see what seems to be issue.
Carola Wyllys
ok
my controller has some shift function currently but I cannot seem to get that "shift" on anything other than a "hold"

in light of the above I have taken your advise but using Mod 2
so i went and pushed the "add in" button and created two lines
1: i chose mod 2 in the drop down and then: condition M2=0 / button / direct / value=1
2. i chose mod 2 in the drop down and then: condition M2=1 / button / direct / value=0

i figured after this button was set up when I pressed it i would suddenly have no controls as if the slate for c/d was blank. . but to no avail, when I pressed button #46 on my controller no change, i was still controlling A/B
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by midinoob
@dax
So using the modifier u make your controls, like play
For deck a the modifier would be set to m1 = 0
Deck c mod would be m1 = 0
He want to layer it as a/b and c/d so that should be a bit different.
Camelia Slivinsky
@dax
So using the modifier u make your controls, like play
For deck a the modifier would be set to m1 = 0
Deck c mod would be m1 = 0
Kellie Myrum
OK. Didn't knew you're still struggling with main button, I'll give example for modifier 1 but you can use any available in your mapping:

Modifier 1 / condition M1=0 / button / direct / value=1
Modifier 1 / condition M1=1 / button / direct / value=0
Carola Wyllys
i am still so lost on creating the first button.
i believe i understand that once I create the 1st button to switch decks, then i'll make all my new controls for C/D and have M2 selected to some value?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy