Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.Reply
Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.
Posted on: 26.01.2011 by Demetra Pinizzotto
In another thread I added two small tutorials for mapping in traktor.
It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.
This way every one can get new ideas and learn how to map their own.

The format is:
title with subject
description of the mapping, (maybe a very short video to show it)

text explanation in steps
screen shots of the mapping window.

see my two tutorials down here.
Mohammad Bouquin
Originally Posted by Ryukyu
Hey,

I just got my K2s today and went for a custom mapping. As I don
Hortencia Kasselman
Hey,

Mohammad Bouquin
Hey,

Hortencia Kasselman
Hey,

Mohammad Bouquin
Hey,

Hortencia Kasselman
Hey,

Mohammad Bouquin
Hey,

Hortencia Kasselman
Hey,

Mohammad Bouquin
Hey,

Hortencia Kasselman
Hey,

Mohammad Bouquin
Hey,

Hortencia Kasselman
Hey,

Lynwood Dargin
Luke Shrift
I want to remap something on my Kontrol X1 MK2 but I can't get it right for some reason.

I tried to map a fine tempo adjust (0.01 bpm/1 click) to the combination of SYNC [Hold] + LOOPENCODER [Push + Turn] but it doesn't overwrite the factory setting. The factory setting does a very coarse tempo adjust with this button combination which is rather useless to me. Can anybody walk me through the process of remapping this?

I tried to map it to another combination (FLUX [Hold] + LOOP ENCODER [Turn]) on my X1 MK2 but it was way too awkward because the loop size would get messed with at the same time (which is the factory default for the LOOP ENCODER)

TL;DR
I want to change SYNC [Hold] + LOOPENCODER [Push + Turn] from a coarse TEMPO ADJUST to a fine TEMPO ADJUST but the factory default doesn't want to be overwritten. (I created a new template before i started messing with the mapping.)
Alyson Swangler
hey there, just started reading this thread, so sorry if this been discussed before.

so anyway i believe not i'm alone dislike the default controls of remix decks (c and d) on NI Z2: when you press C or D button for the first time it takes you to this weird play-pause control thing on your C/D remix deck. and when you press C/D the second time - it goes to this super true one-shot mode, just what i need from the battle mixing.
i would rather prefer to switch this two modes so i don't need to push C/D twice to get my one-shots right away, but better i entirely delete this first play-pause mode and made the control over the second raw of each remix deck). i'm no good at mapping, and when i tryed onec i just messed up with this modifiers etc with no luck. maybe other battle dj's done this work already and we've got a perfect mapping solution for download? =)
instead i would rather pay some $ for this magic mapping =)

thanks!
Mohammad Bouquin
Hey,

Hortencia Kasselman
Hey,

Oswaldo Appeldorn
DDJ SX ON TRAKTOR

I'm trying to find a way to have better jogswheel for the ddj sx on traktor, i've tried to change the value but it's still not accurate.

Do you believe i can just add more jog turn mapping with different value to get it more like serato.

If yes do you have a clue of what would be the best?
Hortencia Kasselman
Thanks for your help, just added the "Send Monitor State" command and it runs perfect for now! Awesome! No problems anymore, at least not in the first testing..

Cheers,
Ryukyu
Mohammad Bouquin
Hey,

Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Matthew
I've been itching to play around with EQ FX isolation after seeing the DJTT article and one of Stewe's great mappings. One thing I wanted to avoid, though, was the use of any modifier states to achieve EQ isolation. My setup is is X1 + Z1 + MF3D, and it's great to be able to use a single non-native mapping without worrying about modifiers/etc clashing.

After poking around a bit, I came up with two techniques. Both eat up the 3rd and 4th decks, so this still isn't a very good solution if you're mixing with 4 decks, remix decks, live input decks, etc.

Simple EQ Isolation

The first technique is a super simple method that uses four buttons per deck: Reset, High, Mid, Low. Each button sets all three EQ kills across both matched decks. I copy deck A->C and B->D on a bunch of inputs to maintain sync for each pair of decks. The risk with this mapping is losing sync with EQ still split between decks.

Advanced EQ Isolation

The second technique allows for individual EQ band selection (instead of a single toggle, you can put any combination of high/mid/low on Deck A, with Deck C always opposite). It also automatically maintains sync by watching beat phase and seek position; if anything drifts it re-copies the shadow deck.

To do this, I'm using the scripting capabilities in Lemur and having Lemur fire notes back to its Traktor mapping. I only picked Lemur up the other day, so I'm sure there's a more elegant solution than the one in the video, but I really love it so far.

Lemur is a paid piece of iOS software (currently $25 on holiday sale), and I'm actually using a wired connection with an iConnectMIDI2+ to stay away from wifi issues (it's an $80 device, but provides a TON of MIDI/audio routing capabilities).
Just to clarify the title.

Modifiers in Spectra Isolate has been used mainly for controlling my animation separately from a button display. But then figured out if I would update that mapping and add some more controls those modifier toggles are also the base for other stuff. You are correct and don't need to use any modifiers because that reset button from spectra isolate is doing the trick by setting a new preset for you each time - it's just my personal preference to have this buttons as mappable positions when I'm setting All Ports and doing things in a single channel.

I believe that Lemur technique you're using could be done with in traktor if you set duplicate deck command on loop encoder or pretty much any other analog control which keeps that isolator deck updated at any time. Pretty similar to my CNTRL:R mapping where my Isolator EQ was introduced. The difference here is that modifier is doing the Cut/Add feature of the RMX-1000.

Thanks for your feedback in the community and please post the mapping for everybody.
Hortencia Kasselman
Hey,

Fannie Klawiter
I've been itching to play around with EQ FX isolation after seeing the DJTT article and one of Stewe's great mappings. One thing I wanted to avoid, though, was the use of any modifier states to achieve EQ isolation. My setup is is X1 + Z1 + MF3D, and it's great to be able to use a single non-native mapping without worrying about modifiers/etc clashing.

After poking around a bit, I came up with two techniques. Both eat up the 3rd and 4th decks, so this still isn't a very good solution if you're mixing with 4 decks, remix decks, live input decks, etc.

Simple EQ Isolation

The first technique is a super simple method that uses four buttons per deck: Reset, High, Mid, Low. Each button sets all three EQ kills across both matched decks. I copy deck A->C and B->D on a bunch of inputs to maintain sync for each pair of decks. The risk with this mapping is losing sync with EQ still split between decks.

Advanced EQ Isolation

The second technique allows for individual EQ band selection (instead of a single toggle, you can put any combination of high/mid/low on Deck A, with Deck C always opposite). It also automatically maintains sync by watching beat phase and seek position; if anything drifts it re-copies the shadow deck.

To do this, I'm using the scripting capabilities in Lemur and having Lemur fire notes back to its Traktor mapping. I only picked Lemur up the other day, so I'm sure there's a more elegant solution than the one in the video, but I really love it so far.

Lemur is a paid piece of iOS software (currently $25 on holiday sale), and I'm actually using a wired connection with an iConnectMIDI2+ to stay away from wifi issues (it's an $80 device, but provides a TON of MIDI/audio routing capabilities).
Kellie Myrum
Hey guys, sound like you have the "Loop Active On" in your mappings. Make sure to map "Set Loop" instead.
Valeri Millstein
Originally Posted by Toast
I have auto loops mapped to my pads.
I have Flux on/off toggle set to a button.

When i make or enter a loop in flux mode the track does not continue to play underneath. They just loop but if i scratch or do a hot cue then the flux mode works. Why don't loops work?
I encountered this problem as well. I assume its because for flux mode to work there has to be some sort of hold function and with loops there is only a trigger when using auto loops.
Magan Abdelhady
stuck on this one - would really appreciate some insight.

trying to map the BPM increase / BPM decrease buttons in the Grid tab to pads on my Kontrol F1...

the only command I see in controller manager is BPM Adjust... and it does not seem to do anything? I played with the value, setting it to 1.000 and all the way to 200.000 but nothing changes. I made sure sync was off as well.

?
Nila Ragonese
I have auto loops mapped to my pads.
I have Flux on/off toggle set to a button.

When i make or enter a loop in flux mode the track does not continue to play underneath. They just loop but if i scratch or do a hot cue then the flux mode works. Why don't loops work?
Ngan Shannon
Have you tried searching for something that's similar to trigger finger or some others with something similar to drumpads. You should be able to map learn each pad and then set the parameters accordingly to what you want. Check out www.traktorbible.com/freaks/
Better to own the book and keep around. The site might have the mapping or you're going to have to mess with the mapping.
Ailene Dreith
hello ! just posting here I hope i will get an answer
I recently buy a sixtapad, it's a little drum machine (looks like the octapad from roland but less cool and less expensive )
what i want to do is to map the 6 pad to the remix decks in traktor, I plugged my drum pad in midi, recognized by traktor
but the problem is the only interaction mode i've got is "hold" and i can't hold those pad with a drum stick i would like it to "toggle" or something like tap (you tap and the sample plays )
does anyone got a solutions ? I have a few experience with midimapping and I clearly have no idea how to fix this
I can do a screenshot if you need
thanks in advance (and excuse my grammar mistakes i'm french )
Kellie Myrum
Have a great time dude. Hope you'll enjoy - awesome unit it is
Debbra Sciutto
it works! thanks a lot my mapping is finally done now time to celebrate and jam!
Kellie Myrum
You went for 'loop active on' commands. Replace with 'loop set'.
Debbra Sciutto
thanks so much lemme kno if i can answer any questions!
Kellie Myrum
Happens I still have my CNTRL:R and I could test your mapping and see what's up. Just attach the file in a reply.
Debbra Sciutto
thanks a lot i got it working!
one more question and my mapping is all done!
i have the middle encoders mapped to go through the different loop sizes (loop size selector) and that works great and all but when i map the push part of the encoder to (loop active on) it turns on the selected loop but it will only loop from the beginning of the song were my first cue point is located wich is my beatgrid cue point and it turns on the active and selected loop value on and green but it doesn't loop and only keeps playing the track out.

my question is how do i map the push encoder to loop at the current stage that the song is playing?
i dunno if I'm just overlooking something simple or what but I've been tryn to figure this out for a few days now

thanks in advance i love this community
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by dstep
hey guys I'm tryn to map two faders on my cntrl to beat masher i have the mapping all figured out but i would like to map the values on the two faders to the values of the smallest two beat rolls on the midi fighter mapping any one kno the values?
0.9 and 1.0
Debbra Sciutto
hey guys I'm tryn to map two faders on my cntrl to beat masher i have the mapping all figured out but i would like to map the values on the two faders to the values of the smallest two beat rolls on the midi fighter mapping any one kno the values?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by neilmcm
Stewe could you send me the tsi so I can map it to my controller
Sure thing. Just PM me your e-mail.
Lynetta Stanislav
Originally Posted by Stewe

PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you a .tsi so you can study and possibly replicate it to your 3D.
Stewe could you send me the tsi so I can map it to my controller
Kaylene Bazquez
Hey! Just got myself an X1 after using Xone 1Ds.
Im trying to edit the original mapping that came with it, but having a little difficulty.
I want the effects to turn on when I turn the appropriate encoder, instead of pressing the button next to it. To do this I'm selecting add in/button 1/learn/'turns encoder 1'. Unfortunately it says 'inappropriate control'.
Is there a way around this without remapping the whole thing via MIDI?

Thanks!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy