Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.Reply
Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.
Posted on: 26.01.2011 by Demetra Pinizzotto
In another thread I added two small tutorials for mapping in traktor.
It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.
This way every one can get new ideas and learn how to map their own.

The format is:
title with subject
description of the mapping, (maybe a very short video to show it)

text explanation in steps
screen shots of the mapping window.

see my two tutorials down here.
Nedra Carmell
hello to every1. i am new to site, i am looing for a mappa for firstmix pro to work on traktor or vdj if any1 have a made 1 i would love to get a copy that i can use. thank you
Kaylene Bazquez
Double post. Sorry.
Ronald Golnick
i just bought a new xi mk2 and im having trouble mapping it. i was trying to map meter leds and it wont learn any of the buttons i press. i also tried to map a mixer knob just to see if it would map it and nothing. no matter what i tried it would not learn any of my commands. the default map works just fine. i just cant remap anything. can anyone help?
Mohammad Bouquin
I just spent a couple of hours, making a 4-button selector for Traktor, using only two modifiers, and requiring only one condition. Which I needed for selecting decks to apply instant-gratification FX to, in a mapping where the a condition is already taken up by a modifier for layers, and I didn't want to waste too many modifiers.

It works a bit like this:
Capture.jpg

I haven't checked the thread, so this might already exist, but if not, enjoy: 4-select-2-var.tsi
(Sorry I couldn't gather up the energy to remove the modifier 1 condition from all of them, but even in XM it's a pain).
Kellie Myrum

PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you a .tsi so you can study and possibly replicate it to your 3D.
Kellie Myrum
There are few ways to your mapping and that was the simplest possible solution. The ramp modifier passes the signal to your echo button only while ramp is pressed. Then we set another modifier this time in toggle mode in next step to prevent ramp to go off when you release the ramp buttons after the freeze is active.
Cathern Lenkner
Originally Posted by joostiisme
It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.

The format is:
title with subject

Hi, great work with your mappings, do you know how I could set a brake function to work in traktor pro 2 ? I am using a numark 4trak controller. Traktor pro 2 version 2.1.2. I know there is a "brake" effect in the FX but that dose'nt really work in real time mixing. Thanks any help would be great.
Karole Benningfield
(I believe) I've done it like you said, but still the same occurs :/ going to bed now, its nearly 3AM here Gn8 Stewe and thanks for your help so far
Kellie Myrum
I'll give you a hint

Map direct M=0 to all four Ramp buttons. Assign M1=0 for Ramp On commands. Map direct M1=1 to your freeze button. Keep Store Preset.

let me know if you need help on next step.
Karole Benningfield
okay, i looked at the mapping; added store preset to every button, each of the four ramp delays and to the one echo freeze - it still doesn't switch correctly when i press the echo freeze while holding a ramp delay - when i do, it turns of the effect unit and turns on the freeze button (button 2). when i try to retoggle the echo freeze it turns on the unit but off the button :/

this doesn't happen when i release a ramp delay button and then press the echo freeze - but when i'm being too quick the same as above happens. I'm know my way around mapping - kinda, but i quickly get lost xD may i need a few modifiers to do what i want?

thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Sure thing dude.
Karole Benningfield
I'm looking for it when i have time later, thanks mate Could be possible that i ask some more questions if you don't mind
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by clockwise
Hello all, hope someone can help me :

I'm trying to make my own personalized MF3D mapping. FX Unit 4 is in single mode, for the "dubfire - ramp delay" by Stewe. My problem is, i want the same FX-Unit for an echo-freeze, toggle mode. When i activate a ramp-delay button and keep it pressed, then toggling the echo freeze, the buttons are not toggled the way i want: FX-unit sets to off, while the freeze button is set to on, and vice versa. Doing the same while using the echo freeze as hold, it works perfectly. But i want to toggle it.

If something is not clear, ask away

Thank you in advance!

clockwise
Sounds like missing Store Preset command mate. You have it mapped to effect ON button?
Karole Benningfield
Hello all, hope someone can help me :

I'm trying to make my own personalized MF3D mapping. FX Unit 4 is in single mode, for the "dubfire - ramp delay" by Stewe. My problem is, i want the same FX-Unit for an echo-freeze, toggle mode. When i activate a ramp-delay button and keep it pressed, then toggling the echo freeze, the buttons are not toggled the way i want: FX-unit sets to off, while the freeze button is set to on, and vice versa. Doing the same while using the echo freeze as hold, it works perfectly. But i want to toggle it.

If something is not clear, ask away

Thank you in advance!

clockwise
Arnette Bradburn
Hi

Can some1 please tell me how to may the grid analysis lock using the S4?

Thanks
Kellie Myrum
You are welcome and thank you for your compliment!

Regards,
Lavinia Qualls
No I didn't

No I did and IT WORKS

Thank you very much....you're definetely the king of mapping
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by thj17
When I read I was like OMG it's that simple....but it does not work

The recall of the preset is probably happening after the unit on turn to 0

REALLY GOOD TRY
Thanks!
You have mapped the store preset to the encoder CC as well?
Lavinia Qualls
Originally Posted by Stewe
Hey JT,

Go ahead and map Button On / type=button / interaction=direct / value=0 so each time you turn the encoder to scroll trough effect list each previously stored effect will automatically go off since that encoder will constantly send FX=off command.

Let me know if that could be helpful.
When I read I was like OMG it's that simple....but it does not work

The recall of the preset is probably happening after the unit on turn to 0

REALLY GOOD TRY
Thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Hey JT,

Go ahead and map Button On / type=button / interaction=direct / value=0 so each time you turn the encoder to scroll trough effect list each previously stored effect will automatically go off since that encoder will constantly send FX=off command.

Let me know if that could be helpful.
Lavinia Qualls
Hi Guys!
It's been a while since I came here and also since I touched my mapping for my ZOMO MC-1000
I promised to post but never ended it...so I started back with fresh ideas and hopefully this time will post it (even if there's not many user of this controller)

Stewe helped me a lot a few months ago but I'm still facing a problem
It's with the FX sTORE preset function

I will simplify it
DECK A with 2 FX UNITS (1 & 3)
FX1 is an independant unit with it's 4 knobs and 4 buttons + an fx selector (rotary encoder)
FX3 is reserved for instant press effect and toggled fx (like echo freeze)

On FX3 if I use echo freeze I use the FX store preset when turning it on and again when turning it off so no problem here
the problem is with the instant press fx like beatmasher (used as a roll) and ramp delay
When I press I need the FX store preset function (otherwise I need to press it twice)

Here comes the problem (whenever I scroll the FX on unit1 ...I hit beatmasher or ramp delayand they are ON since I stored them that way)

Is there a walk around or something I'm missing?????????????????? (+what it's happening with FX STORE preset, button trigger with INVERT selected)
PLEASE help me!

Thanks
JT
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Cisco
1) For trigering 2 FX units ON at the same time. I've heard the term hold interactive , but can't seem to find where it is set up.
Map both 'Unit On' commands to the same button on your controller and set interaction mode to 'hold'.

2) How can I make the F1 to switch from remix decks mode to Effect controller mode.. Is it with modiers? I was believeing on pressing pad 19 + some other button to switch back and forth.. But can't figure that out.
The F1 remix deck functions communicate with Traktor in HID mode. To be able to do some of your own mappings you need to activate MIDI mode on your controller (http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ion-be-careful).
Tennie Duggar
Hi guys,

I just got a F1 which i am planning on using for the remix decks initially and also for storing some effects combos presets.

I will use my S4 remix decks cue buttons for some other effects combos as well.

I've mapped what i wanted on the buttons that I wanted but not at the extend of what I want.

Now, my question are these: ( please bear with me as i am not an expert no this...btw.. if you have any good guide for mapping commands let me know and i will try to figure this out)

1) For trigering 2 FX units ON at the same time. I've heard the term hold interactive , but can't seem to find where it is set up.

2) How can I make the F1 to switch from remix decks mode to Effect controller mode.. Is it with modiers? I was believeing on pressing pad 19 + some other button to switch back and forth.. But can't figure that out.

3) If I am able to switch between modes, how can I make it that the native mode ( controlling remix deck) does not get trigered? This is an issue i am dealing with on the S4 as well.. I get to launch the things I want but at the same time the recorded loops in the remix decks start to play...

4) And this is the biggiest issue i am seeing.. Even if i switch from one mapping to another , the first mapping always takes presedence and the new one does not work.. even if i switch to the native mapping, still the user created mapping takes over...

Any help is appreciated... I am kinda hooked up with this mapping things.. the sky is the limit with these.. and having the setup the way i wanted only gives me more weapons

thanks,
Charline Dye
You are probably right that it isn't midi, but curiously it doesn't happen when using my S4 to turn on the FX in mixer, or when using the mouse/trackpad.

Anyway, thanks again!

Edit: added new findings

The way I found to get around this dip in audio was to turn Dry/Wet to zero (on bank change of the Spectra)then turn on all Fx in mixer(with a dedicated button). Since the buffer for Fx starts with Fx on in mixer not the Dry/Wet, it works perfectly. Just make sure to have Dry/Wet mapped on every button.

Or with one button, map Dry/Wet =0 for all Fx units, and all Fx units on in mixer, and Dry/Wet =1 for all Fx units Inverted.

So far no dip in audio using either method.
Kellie Myrum
I don't believe it's MIDI It's a software that causes it because this appears no matter the controllers are plugged or not.

God luck with that mapping mate!
Charline Dye
Ok, so it's just the way it is with midi in single Fx mode then, darn it.

Thanks for letting me know!!

I guess I'll figure something else out for my other bank
Kellie Myrum
Hey VanGogo,

The issue is with an effect itself when in single FX mode. I've noticed this issue before and that's the main reason I always use a group mode for my mappings. True, spin up and down the track sounds nice but the issue is quite random and you never know when it's gonna pop out.
Charline Dye
I am working on a MF Spectra mapping and had a new problem crop up that I haven't had before. In order for Fx like the Turntable Fx to work correctly, the Fx on in mixer must first be turned on for 8 beats to fill the buffer. I have mapped a button to turn on 2 Fx units in the mixer to set up the use of the Fx. The problem is that whenever I turn on the 2 Fx in the mixer, there is an audible dip if a track is playing on that deck.

After some testing, I found that as long as the Dry/wet is set to zero on the Fx units there isn't a problem. The problem also doesn't happen if I turn on multiple Fx units with my S4 even with the dry/wet at 100%.

This leads me to believe it must be a problem with midi? Not sure, but I am wondering if the problem is specific to my set up or is this just the way it is?

I know I can map the Dry/wet off, then on upon release of the button to solve the problem( for one of my banks), but this solution isn't going to work for one of my other banks.

So if someone doesn't mind testing this out, or knows for sure this is just the way it works, I would greatly appreciate it!
Ruthie Mckemy
Hi,

First thanx to Stewe for your support.
erstmal Danke f
Armando Waithour
Originally Posted by Damont
Hi,

first of all my name ist Stephan from Germany and my english is not so good.Sorry.
I`m using a numark 4trak and traktor pro 2.6.3.
Now my problem:
I want to map the fx dry/wet adjust knob (intensity of effect) to the jog-wheel. For deck A and deck B.
To activate the jog i want to use one free assign button.
But in the controller manager after you press ADD IN, LEARN, and then you turn the jog, there is a message in red "not assignable".

Can someone help/write me how to map this funktion ?

Thanx for your help.

Stephan
Tried to map any other command to your jog wheel? Also does CTRL (master section of the screen) blink when you touch and move the jog?

Tried to map it both using touch+move and move/turn (by side) only? Could be that your jog send a note and a CC events so Traktor can't decide which massage should be assigned to the command.

Just some thoughts...
Hi Stephan,
was Stewe sagt, ist dass deine jogs eine midi note senden, wenn du sie ber
Ruthie Mckemy
Tried to map any other command to your jog wheel? Also does CTRL (master section of the screen) blink when you touch and move the jog?

Tried to map it both using touch+move and move/turn (by side) only? Could be that your jog send a note and a CC events so Traktor can't decide which massage should be assigned to the command.

Just some thoughts...
Hi,

thanx for your answer.
Every try to map the jog, I get the same info in red "not assignable". The CTRL (master section of the screen) blinks when I touch or move the jog.
Also I try to turn the jog only by side, I get the info " not asignable". By touch the jog too.

I don`t understand it, cause if I load the TSI Layer FX3 from JWiLL - he mapped this command but in combination of 4 or 5 effects. In this mapping I can`t find the command which do this.

thanx for help
Stephan
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Damont
Hi,

first of all my name ist Stephan from Germany and my english is not so good.Sorry.
Now my problem:
I want to map the fx dry/wet adjust knob (intensity of effect) to the jog-wheel. For deck A and deck B.
But in the controller manager after you press ADD IN, LEARN, and then you turn the jog, there is a message in red "not assignable".

Thanx for your help.

Stephan

Just some thoughts...
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by drozd
hi
how can I mapping slot capture/trriger/mute for 1,2,3,4 slots on deck 3 and 4(C and D)?
I try mapping like that
Add In > Remix Deck > slot capture/trriger/mute>learn>push needing button
and when I try choose needing assignment(for example remixdeck3,slot1)program don't give me do this
it's just don't choosing
how can I mapping this function?

Mat
Ruthie Mckemy
Hi,

Now my problem:

Thanx for your help.

Stephan
Letty Fautsch
hi
how can I mapping slot capture/trriger/mute for 1,2,3,4 slots on deck 3 and 4(C and D)?
I try mapping like that
Add In > Remix Deck > slot capture/trriger/mute>learn>push needing button
and when I try choose needing assignment(for example remixdeck3,slot1)program don't give me do this
it's just don't choosing
how can I mapping this function?

Mat
Tanja Gloger
Originally Posted by DarkFoxDK
Make sure you set the midi channel of the k2 to the correct one for the mapping.
Yes, i've checked these option. Everything is correct with midi ports.
Controller light is showing when i move or push some thing. But it's nothing changes on traktor at all.
Mohammad Bouquin
Make sure you set the midi channel of the k2 to the correct one for the mapping.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Tonyneedhelp
Bad news to every one!
I have controller XONE k2
believe its superb, but only few templates (from original xone website is work correctly only MARK EG)

I've try to download a lot of different (from djranking s also) templates. Import them to traktor pro settings. But still they not work.

I changed few versions of traktor already.
You have MIDI in and out port set to K2 controller?
Tanja Gloger
Bad news to every one!
I have controller XONE k2
believe its superb, but only few templates (from original xone website is work correctly only MARK EG)

I've try to download a lot of different (from djranking s also) templates. Import them to traktor pro settings. But still they not work.

I changed few versions of traktor already.
Malia Hirshorn
Originally Posted by joostiisme

The format is:
title with subject

i have a midi fighter pro cue master and a midi fighter 3-d is there a mapping i can use for one signed to deck a and the other controller to deck b for traktor

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy