Denon Dn Sc2000

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Denon Dn Sc2000Reply
Denon Dn Sc2000
Posted on: 19.11.2010 by Denyse Waterland
recently bought a sc2000 but im having trouble with it.
im not sure if its the harware, my software (Traktor) or the tsi file i got from the denon site.
Basically the deck change button, pitch slider, cue and play pause work fine. the track select knob if also fine. but the platter only works with deck b, when deck a is selected it seems to control the first effect on effect deck 1. the hot cue buttons dont seem to work at all, though the LED's light up and it is sending a midi signal, the little icon at the top of the traktor screen lights up. the effects controls dont work, but are also sending a signal, same with filter.

If anyone has any advise id be happy to hear from them, hopefully i just cocked up the setting up of the controler..
Terresa Ranganathan
Originally Posted by JSM
The question is now, is it traktor 1.2.7, the denon .tsi or something related to hardware, and can it be improved. If it can't it's not a showstopper, i just have to adjust how i use "juggles" and sample drops. If it can't be improved upon, i guess its an excuse to buy a midifighter !
JSM, the transmit speed of the SC2000 hardware is always constant in Cue or Play modes. In fact it doesn
Faustino Stringfellow
Note to Denon.

After playing around for a few hours i've figured out the "problem" with the reaction time/latency on the cues. They act exactly the same as the nanopad when in CUE mode, that is when the track isn't playing, therefore i can get the extremely fast "drum roll" effect i often use. However, when the track is playing, the reaction time of the pads is much slower that the nanopad i was comparing it with.

The question is now, is it traktor 1.2.7, the denon .tsi or something related to hardware, and can it be improved. If it can't it's not a showstopper, i just have to adjust how i use "juggles" and sample drops. If it can't be improved upon, i guess its an excuse to buy a midifighter !

I look forward to your reply.
Clyde Gundelach
is there any riser for this device to be leveled with a mixer at standard height?
Branden Wentler
Yeah, wish I had just ordered 2 of them instead of 1. I won't have time for shipping for another now though and barely have time to move out of my place, gig on Wednesday and get my flight.
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by SirReal
I believe you'll be quite pleased, I am so far.

+1 very solid, great feel, very smooth jogs and just the size of a book
Antonetta Wikel
Originally Posted by space monkey
Looking forward to getting mine on Monday. Purchased to take overseas for a compact on the road device. Probably get another while i'm gone too.
I believe you'll be quite pleased, I am so far.
Branden Wentler
Looking forward to getting mine on Monday. Purchased to take overseas for a compact on the road device. Probably get another while i'm gone too.
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by DENON
Yes we will, give it 2 weeks or so, need to make these changes and pass QA.

HID would not make it any faster, thats a big misconception all over the web for these devices.
Whats the speed of your USB port?
Is it being shared with other USB devices?

On it's own port, no hubs or sharing, the port is free from any other device installations (cleaned at registry level)... as i said it's by no way slow, i just felt the nanopad was faster, but now i can't make a comparison video 'cos the korg is broken (third one of these too) ... other than that I love it, and if it wasn't for me using timecode in TSP, i'd have had the MC6000, i'd invested already in an NI A8 and a mixer ... maybe i'll buy the MC6000 as well ... :eek: if i ever stop playing vinyl completely

thanks for your fast reply.
Terresa Ranganathan
Originally Posted by JSM
Anyway, note to denon, the .tsi you have created is amost perfect, exception of the previously noted hotcue buttons staying on. Will you issue the new one on your website ?
Yes we will, give it 2 weeks or so, need to make these changes and pass QA.

Also is there a way of making the hotcues react faster, i kinda hoped with this being a HID device it would be almost instant. However when hotcueing really fast (like a drum roll) it doesn't respond quickly enough.
HID would not make it any faster, thats a big misconception all over the web for these devices.
Whats the speed of your USB port?
Is it being shared with other USB devices?

The nanopad i had was very very fast (unfortunately i dropped it the other day with the USB cable still attached and it popped off the surface mounted USB connector ... so it's a desk ornament now).
Yeah, its not very well made.

The VMS4 i had for a few weeks had two modes of USB latency, 10ms & 1ms ... this was by far the best feature of the unit, the rest is and seems it will be forever complete useless, fortunately i have replaced it with these lovely denons. I wondered if there was a soft switch or FW patch which could improve the latency. It's by no way slow, just not as fast as i'd hoped.
We send data every 1ms.
10ms is only required for Win Vista OS, which has issues with high speed MIDI data.
Faustino Stringfellow
I'm able to dl it but I'm sticking with the original TSI and will customize when and if I feel it's insufficient.
I have no idea whats going on, I still can't download it (redirected to the login screen each time), but as you can see i am logged in and can DL the others !

Anyway, note to denon, the .tsi you have created is amost perfect, exception of the previously noted hotcue buttons staying on. Will you issue the new one on your website ?

Also is there a way of making the hotcues react faster, i kinda hoped with this being a HID device it would be almost instant. However when hotcueing really fast (like a drum roll) it doesn't respond quickly enough.

The nanopad i had was very very fast (unfortunately i dropped it the other day with the USB cable still attached and it popped off the surface mounted USB connector ... so it's a desk ornament now).

The VMS4 i had for a few weeks had two modes of USB latency, 10ms & 1ms ... this was by far the best feature of the unit, the rest is and seems it will be forever complete useless, fortunately i have replaced it with these lovely denons. I wondered if there was a soft switch or FW patch which could improve the latency. It's by no way slow, just not as fast as i'd hoped.
Rodney Loghry
Originally Posted by bigbeatzz
Got video?

Just a basic scratch would do...Like how you would cue vinyl. I searched all over youtube and could not find one person testing the platter. You'd be doing the public a great service if you made a video!

Thanks
No really scratching or cueing but this one's on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daJklEMMN-s
Terresa Ranganathan
Thanks Viper, I understand now.
We will fix it for 2-Deck & 4-Deck .tsi
Donella Bentch
CUE Led Bug not fixed (if you load a track with 3 Cue Points all 3 LED are shine brightly. But if you change to another Track with only one cue point, Cue Led 2+3 will be not delete to dimm-mode. You see three Cue Points shine brightly from the old track.
Try this with my mapping and you will see the difference.

Looking for an Denon update....

but: great Controller
Terresa Ranganathan
Originally Posted by viper9711
1. Open "Preferences"
2. Go to "Controller Manager"
3. Look at "device"
4. Delete all files but not"GenericKeyboard" (they won
Donella Bentch
1. Open "Preferences"
2. Go to "Controller Manager"
3. Look at "device"
4. Delete all files but not"GenericKeyboard" (they won
Terresa Ranganathan
Midi Channel Settings OK. Did you import the file in the Controller Manager/Device/Import? In and out-Ports correctly?
I try it just at the moment again and it works perfect.
Little bit confused...
Maybe thats the difference.
With the Denon 4-Deck file, I dont need to do anything but IMPORT and hit OK and it works.

Give me a step by step with loading your file please.
Donella Bentch
Nope, does not work.

I load the Denon made 4-deck .tsi and it works, then I load your 4-deck .tsi the same way and it does nothing. No midi indicator on Traktor.

I'm using MIDI CH (1/2) & (3/4)
Midi Channel Settings OK. Did you import the file in the Controller Manager/Device/Import? In and out-Ports correctly?
I try it just at the moment again and it works perfect.
Little bit confused...
Terresa Ranganathan
Hi Silvio, that surprises me. The files work actually perfectly. You nevertheless surely made no mistakes as a Denon professional with the import?

Greets
viper9711
Nope, does not work.

I load the Denon made 4-deck .tsi and it works, then I load your 4-deck .tsi the same way and it does nothing. No midi indicator on Traktor.

I'm using MIDI CH (1/2) & (3/4)
Donella Bentch
Thanks viper, just tried your 4-Deck .tsi and after I import it, nothing happens. ? What am I missing?
Hi Silvio, that surprises me. The files work actually perfectly. You nevertheless surely made no mistakes as a Denon professional with the import?

Greets
viper9711
Donella Bentch
Here is a 4 Deck Mapping with some Modifikations:

No CUE-LED Bug
All Loop LED
Terresa Ranganathan
A boat load of SC2000 video's here:

http://denondjcommunity s.com/community /index...rb_v=viewtopic
Terresa Ranganathan

No CUE-LED Bug
All Loop LED
Antonetta Wikel
I'm able to dl it but I'm sticking with the original TSI and will customize when and if I feel it's insufficient.
Faustino Stringfellow
Is there something wrong with the first link to the two deck .tsi? I keep being redirected to the login screen, i managed to get the 4 deck .tsi, but not the first.#

Can anyone else DL it ?

I have a DN-SC2000 and was interested to see the edits people have done, mainly to see if they could improve on the already very good denon produced .tsi

Cheers
Clyde Gundelach
i just messed with this controller.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE for the price. extremely solid feel. much heavier than the x1, and all steel construction. it's definitely something to care for and not bang around.

compared to the Traktor Kontrol X1, this controller is absolutely perfect. i just wished the pitch fader was further away from the jog wheel.

Donella Bentch

No CUE-LED Bug
All Loop LED
Denyse Waterland
@viper
thanks so much, that tsi is perfect. ur a hero
Karolis Petrauskas
Got video?

Just a basic scratch would do...Like how you would cue vinyl. I searched all over youtube and could not find one person testing the platter. You'd be doing the public a great service if you made a video!

Thanks
Donella Bentch
Hi guys
here is a bug-free .tsi file for 2 Deck
Patty Mcgilbra
Originally Posted by Calum
@ashigari
the controller itself is brilliant, its a real, affordable, option for learning to beatmatch.
thanks, i'll have a look around and see if i can find one to play around with it a bit but it's my birthday soon and xmas is coming up as well
Leeanna Ayla
Did you use the big import button and make sure the correct in/out ports were selected in the controller manager?
Denyse Waterland
@ashigari
the controller itself is brilliant, its a real, affordable, option for learning to beatmatch.

@denon
i tried reimporting the file, but im pretty sure the problem is my laptop, i believe its just about to give up. so im just mapping it myself, i wanna change a few things as well.

thanks for all the replys!
Terresa Ranganathan
Calum, did you try to re-import the .tsi file ?
I was playing around with these this week and had no trouble with A/B deck control, using the Denon .tsi file.
Antonetta Wikel
I'll do my best, just no virtual laughing please.
Matthew Urtel
That outta be good for a laugh. I'm primarily a House, Breaks & Techno DJ but I'll give it a shot. I can at least show the responsiveness of it. I won't be crabbing or anything though so go easy.
maybe some baby scratches and cuts?
Antonetta Wikel
Originally Posted by TABS
duno if you scratch but could you do a quick demo with some scratching/try to scratch with them?
That outta be good for a laugh. I'm primarily a House, Breaks & Techno DJ but I'll give it a shot. I can at least show the responsiveness of it. I won't be crabbing or anything though so go easy.
Matthew Urtel
I've got 2 on order and I'll get them next week. I'll report back with my review in about 2 weeks.
duno if you scratch but could you do a quick demo with some scratching/try to scratch with them?
Antonetta Wikel
I've got 2 on order and I'll get them next week. I'll report back with my review in about 2 weeks.
Patty Mcgilbra
believeing about buying one of those as well to learn beatmatching, how do you like it?
Irwin Ney
It may be a problem with the mapping or the midi notes sent by your hardware... You will have to troubleshoot your configs to find where is the error.

To test if the note that your sc2000 sends is mapped to any command, go to the map screen, insert any command (just to test, remember to delete later) then hit "Learn" and press the button that you want to check.
This way you will see what midi note the hardware is sending.

After that, go to the sc2000 map that you had imported to traktor, order the map list by the MIDI column and check if you find the midi note that you saw before. Check if it's mapped to the desired command on tracktor...

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy