Denon Dn Sc2000

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Denon Dn Sc2000Reply
Denon Dn Sc2000
Posted on: 19.11.2010 by Denyse Waterland
recently bought a sc2000 but im having trouble with it.
im not sure if its the harware, my software (Traktor) or the tsi file i got from the denon site.
Basically the deck change button, pitch slider, cue and play pause work fine. the track select knob if also fine. but the platter only works with deck b, when deck a is selected it seems to control the first effect on effect deck 1. the hot cue buttons dont seem to work at all, though the LED's light up and it is sending a midi signal, the little icon at the top of the traktor screen lights up. the effects controls dont work, but are also sending a signal, same with filter.

If anyone has any advise id be happy to hear from them, hopefully i just cocked up the setting up of the controler..
Cammy Clegg
Hey rob if you search under mappings i have a 2 deck mapping that works good.

Make sure your controller is plugged in before you open Traktor
Antonetta Wikel
Glad I could help. Have fun, it's a great controller.
Aida Chastang
sorted thanks a mill.

it was set to the wrong midi channel..thanks again

rob
Antonetta Wikel
Ok, you must be doing something wrong. On the controller manager page are you hitting the add button at the top of the page and then pointing to the 2 deck tsi? Also check what midi channels your sc2000 is transmitting on by holding shift & select. The cue 1 button should light up. If it doesn't, hit shift+browser, which set the controller to midi channels 1-2.
Aida Chastang
thx for reply, just got that tsi, was different than the one i originally had but same story, deleted all midi mappings, imported normally, no joy. imported through edit and still no joy.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Antonetta Wikel
Did you download the tsi from here? http://www.denondj.com/DN-SC2000-P126.aspx# because it works just fine with one controller. Also further back in this thread Viper made a 2 deck & 4 deck tsi that fixes an led bug(Thanks Viper). I've checked both of those tsi's using one & 2 controllers and they work fine.
Aida Chastang
cheers for reply,

i only have one unit so i only wanna use the 2 deck tsi, but it wont work, only the 4 deck tsi seems to work.
Faustino Stringfellow
Have you got it transmitting on the correct MIDI channel?

For 4 deck you need one of the units on MIDI channel 1/2 and the other MID channel 3/4 (set this up by looking on the edge of the unit, hold buttons down whilst booting up the unit).

I have 2xSC2000 and they work fine with the original .tsi, I am changing mine to add 4FX per deck and a couple of super faders/rotaries ...but not right now, i am building a custom case and .tasi mapping will have to wait a week or so first.
Aida Chastang
hey guys, im having an issue with my denon dn sc2000, have had controllers in the past, ranging from bcd3000 to xone:3d. quite content to stick to one or 2 of these for now. anyways, i downloaded denons 2 and 4 deck tsi. the 2 deck doesnt do anything, have tried it a hundred times. their 4 deck tsi will work but i only have one unit, and dont wanna be using decks b and d.

i removed all mappings in the device tab and tried downloading the custom 2 deck one from here, but when i click the in port and out port, all i get is "usb device", the controller doesnt show up.

any ideas? dying to get using it.

cheers

rob
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by chrythemaster
ok, i have found it!!! Shift - <--- and go in vinyl mode.
spettacular
glad you found it.
Jacquelin Hunkele
ok, i have found it!!! Shift - <--- and go in vinyl mode.
spettacular
Jacquelin Hunkele
i have a denon dn-sc2000 and i have a question: i can't use the touch sensor. the blue light of the scratch is off.
i have imported the map but when i use the jogwheel don't scratch but do only pitch bend. in what mode i can scratch??? i touch in the center of the jogwheel but don't scratch it
Antonetta Wikel
Nice one Viper. Thanks for that.
Donella Bentch
Here is a helpful picture to configure the Led
Terica Whittman
when do you believe its gonna be ready by denon thanks !
Lynn Pitzner
I just got one of these for christmas and absolutely love it. Having a jogwheel, along with much beefier construction, makes it feel much better than the X1.

Thanks for the new mappings viper, made functionality much better.
Madlyn Trocino
What im trying to do is simply map the FX rings (located around the FX Endless Encoder at the top of the SC2000) to light up. I have a very specific FX mapping that I made, but need visual feed back that only the LEDs can give me.

All im looking for is simple on and off LED feedback. I dont care if its dim or bright and I am not interested in anything flashing.

This is why im so confused when looking at SC2000 mapping that others have made, because there doesnt seem to be any LED outputs for the FX.
Faustino Stringfellow
What is it you are trying to do?

Can you make a very specific and detailed explanation. Then i or one of the other users can make the mapping.

For example

DRY/WET turned whilst in DECK A / FX2 operates FILTER

LED feedback to FLASH until returned to zero (this is only capable if the LED has that state enabled in hardware)

colour selection is dependent on the layer selected, as far as i am aware you can't make the RED/BLUE LEDS switch states (that would be cool, but a little confusing)
Madlyn Trocino
Thanks...

Yeah this was one of the first things I found when searching for explanations for the SC2000 LEDs.

It still doesnt explain how to handle the FX Endless encoders found on the top of the unit.

I know the answer is translating the CCs, but im having a hell of a time with it. Im taking a break from it right now, and will resume after xmass.

Thanks for responding with all this info...
Faustino Stringfellow
i was prompted to have a look at the "issue", the first thing you need to understand that the manual is in HEX.

This needs to be converted to the decimal CC so you can edit the appropriate config in Traktor.

I googled around for CC to MIDI and found this a few seconds later it relates to the DN-3700, but you should be able to understand the format..

Here is a little list that I made for use with traktor, perhaps it can help others out there.
This is purely for the leds in traktor.
Ch1 or Ch2 CC no: 074 = ON ; 075 = OFF ; 076 = FLASH
Controller range no's :
1 = disc eject 17= hot start 1(bright orange) 38= CUE 64= loop set out (B) (Dim)
2 = playlist 18= hot start 1 (dim) 39= PLAY 66= exit/reloop
5 = platter mode (green) 19= hot start 2 (bright) 40= brake 67= left blue led (display)
6 = platter mode (orange) 20= hot start 2 (dim) 41= dump 68= right blue led (display)
7 = pitch range 21= hot start 3 (bright) 42=loop set out (B)(Bright) 72= blue led (very front)
8 = key adj 22=hot start 3 (dim) 43= autoloop
9 = tap 29= next track 44= exit
11= echo/loop 30= parameters 45= dry/wet rotary
13= flanger 35= flip 58= reverse
15= filter 36= loop set in (A)(Bright) 62= loop set in (A) (dim)

If you are doing the basic configs, the MIDI note and LED are on the same number (making it easy for quick mapping).

If you need it to make the CUE button flash whilst activating the filter, then it's a bit different.

Then you need to convert the HEX CC to decimal CC and select that from the dropdown the different light states are also added here, you need to change the controller range and the midi range.

for example to make the end of track warning flash for track A

add two
end track warning - deck a

one mapped to Ch01 CC076 with controller range 1 -1 and mid1 range 0 - 38
the other mapped to Ch01 CC075 with controller range 1 -1 and midi range 38 - 0

dunno if that helps any ..
Madlyn Trocino
Oh good lord.....I didnt mean there's no such thing as a "channel 0" in general.....

I meant there is NO CHANNEL 0 on the Denon SC2000...
Cammy Clegg
Originally Posted by thictool
There is no channel 0 .....
on a wireless controller i have there is
Dorie Scelzo
WTF is 0x3C (taken from the MANUAL) suppose to mean exactly?
I'm going to go ahead and say that I've never read a Denon manual for anything, that I don't own an SC2000 (but I'm looking into it), and that I haven't mapped things like that.

But, I'm guessing that Denon assumed that anyone who wanted to do those types of things knew something about computers.

0x3C means (hexadecimal)3C, which translates to 60 in the decimal numbers you're used to. (this convention of 0x meaning 'hexadecimal' is universal in the computer world)

Assuming that it's giving you a note value for the light, that statement in the manual means that it's talking about midi note C3 (as in note C-natural in octave 3
Madlyn Trocino
There is no channel 0 .....
Cammy Clegg
Ummm Yeah and its completely impossible to apply to Traktor...

Can someone shed some light beyond "hey look at the manual"

The manual would have been the first place I looked.....
Channel 0 midi note 3c im guessing
Madlyn Trocino
Ummm Yeah and its completely impossible to apply to Traktor...

Can someone shed some light beyond "hey look at the manual"

The manual would have been the first place I looked.....
Antonetta Wikel
There is a midi map of all available LED possibilities in the "manual" or maybe the quick start guide, can't remember which.
Madlyn Trocino
can anyone explain how to get the FX Knob Rings to light up while using Traktor....

Tryed figuring it out from the TSIs I got here but nothing lists as having a specific "Output" for the effect paramiers like Dry Wet Advanced (and the like.

I modified the TSI and stripped it of it FX mapping so I can do my own...but I cant for the life of me figure out how to light up the LED rings on the controller
Alayna Farwell
Originally Posted by viper9711
Here are both files for 2-Deck and 4-Decks:
Thanks a lot, LEDs works perfect with your modified tsi.

Regards
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by sarasin
LOL...yeah...quantise will make you be in phrase regardless whether you push the button late or early.

I was fiddling around with this this weekend and also now understand exactly how it works!

Its sick actually!

But even sicker that you can turn it off and do you own thing.
actually when doing a "juggle" routine you need the quantise and the snap on, keeping things in time. The problem it seems is that the quantise is only operating at 1/4 rather than 1/16 or 1/32 ... i saw it being requested as a feature on the NI website. Perhaps build 1.2.7 is a little stricter than the previous builds as i didn't notice it with the nanopad and 1.2.6

Anyway, i can still do the routines, i just have to remember to hit "sync" after the last juggle ... or the things runs out of time very quickly.:eek:

If you are "sample dropping", then it's fine to leave the snap & quant on, as you wouldn't normally try to create a "machine gun"/"drum roll" effect.

I hope that when NI finally gives us a sample bank for TSP, they increase the quantise to 1/32
Terresa Ranganathan
Originally Posted by Discotrick
Does that 4 Deck .tsi mapping work for just one controller? Or was it meant for 2?

Yes, for 2 units.
You just need to change the MIDI CH on the 2nd unit to 3/4.
Push [shift]+[cue2], thats it.
Domenic Kappauf
Does that 4 Deck .tsi mapping work for just one controller? Or was it meant for 2?
Terresa Ranganathan
Originally Posted by JSM
@DENON

I have to apologise, it's not an issue with the controller, i found that when quantise is activated the response is slow (you've seen the video), when it's off it's as fast as anything i've connected to it.

Now i can bash buttons all evening long and not have to worry about the response time.

So the "issue" is over to NI for investigation.

I love this controller ...
JSM, thanks for the follow up, this is good info to know.
Melinda Shick
I'm also considering one or two of these in the future, but by time i can afford them there will probably be other options.
Matha Obray
Lol fine two it is!
Branden Wentler
Originally Posted by BennyJ
I believe im gonna get one. Or two....
Get 2....I wish I had
ETA for mine is ~4PM today XD
Lilliana Perris
LOL...yeah...quantise will make you be in phrase regardless whether you push the button late or early.

I was fiddling around with this this weekend and also now understand exactly how it works!

Its sick actually!

But even sicker that you can turn it off and do you own thing.
Matha Obray
I believe im gonna get one. Or two....
Faustino Stringfellow
@DENON

I have to apologise, it's not an issue with the controller, i found that when quantise is activated the response is slow (you've seen the video), when it's off it's as fast as anything i've connected to it.

Now i can bash buttons all evening long and not have to worry about the response time.

So the "issue" is over to NI for investigation.

I love this controller ...
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by DENON
JSM, the transmit speed of the SC2000 hardware is always constant in Cue or Play modes. In fact it doesn

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy