Denon Dn Sc2000

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Denon Dn Sc2000Reply
Denon Dn Sc2000
Posted on: 19.11.2010 by Denyse Waterland
recently bought a sc2000 but im having trouble with it.
im not sure if its the harware, my software (Traktor) or the tsi file i got from the denon site.
Basically the deck change button, pitch slider, cue and play pause work fine. the track select knob if also fine. but the platter only works with deck b, when deck a is selected it seems to control the first effect on effect deck 1. the hot cue buttons dont seem to work at all, though the LED's light up and it is sending a midi signal, the little icon at the top of the traktor screen lights up. the effects controls dont work, but are also sending a signal, same with filter.

If anyone has any advise id be happy to hear from them, hopefully i just cocked up the setting up of the controler..
Tomas Gloyd
ok let me help you

open prefences

go to controller manager

go to "Add in"

Search for browser

then - list--->list select up/down

Here you can find: load a song for deck a/b/c/d

Dont forget to change/delete your old conflicting mappings, hope it helps

cheers
Erma Genta
Originally Posted by Prognosis
You could always spend a couple of hours learning the config system. It's quite easy to use. Just trial and error.
i am new to this things so what is the config system ?

I just want all buttons like it works on original denon settings
except the browser buttons it would be better the central jog be like it is to scroll list and select for deck A & B

But the other 2 buttons somehow to browse the tree and open close the folders this would be perfect so you dont have to touch the laptop

on x1 NI site have a tsi like that a compination of keys so you can browse the tree and open close the folders from the controller
Anneliese Sustaire
You could always spend a couple of hours learning the config system. It's quite easy to use. Just trial and error.
Erma Genta
thats great

but it change a lot of keys i just only need a browsing tree and open close folders thing .
how can i do it myself ?
Tomas Gloyd
Originally Posted by muchacho
does anyone have made a tsi file or something you can do a tree browse with denon ?
Here this is mine tsi for 2 denon's + list and tree browsing. i made a little overview of the mapping hope its clear enough.

Cheers

here you can download the mapping: http://www.mediafire.com/?yyspn547hx2iksu

Erma Genta
does anyone have made a tsi file or something you can do a tree browse with denon ?

i but it today it's just perfect i had x1 i sell it this is great but the only thing i have i can do a browse tree the folders
Janyce Henningson
Yep I got 2 and no problems at all...
Antonetta Wikel
Danke
Homer Selgado
The mapping worked exactly the same in both programs, but I definitely had LED issues with my DN-SC2000's with TSP 1.

I also have a custom mapping that adds the "Send Monitor State" command, witch was giving me some serious LED issues in TSP 1 as well.

But I am pleased to report that in TSP 2 both the stock .tsi from denon, and my own custom mapping work flawlessly.
Kiyoko Wellisch
It's a very popular controller, I'm sure if you run into issues with the default mapping you won't have much trouble finding an updated replacement. Not that I believe you will!
Antonetta Wikel
I've read quite a few people having led issues when upgrading to TSP2 but they were with other controllers and may well have been operator error, I haven't seen any issues reported about the SC2000 but I just thought I'd ask as that's what I own.
Kiyoko Wellisch
I thought that all tsi files from T1 are compatible with T2?
Antonetta Wikel
Originally Posted by exokinetic
I own two of them, and used them with TSPro 1, and now I have TSPro 2.

I can tell you that all my LED issues, with this controller, and all others I have were completely fixed in Traktor 2.
That's what I was looking for. Are you using the standard tsi or a custom one? If custom was it just altered from the original or built from the ground up? Just wondering if I upgrade will it be virtually plug and play or will I need to get under the hood of the tsi and tweak.
Homer Selgado
I own two of them, and used them with TSPro 1, and now I have TSPro 2.

I can tell you that all my LED issues, with this controller, and all others I have were completely fixed in Traktor 2.
Celestine Porebski
Well, I have a Dn-SC2000 and TSP 2. Mostly it has been working fine for me, but I must admit I didn't play around with it all that much yet. Bought it a month ago, had a couple sessions just spinning with it in my room, recorded a set - and haven't really touched it since, as I've been mostly confined to the couch the last two weeks (fractured my foot :>). As I said, mostly it went smooth, but I had LED issues once when running the controller on its own (but I guess those problems could be due to the Macbook being in sleepmode after starting up Traktor, I guess - strange things happen with sleepmode and USB devices) and then another time when I tried to connect the Dn-SC2000 and my Kontrol X1 through a cheap (but powered) USB hub. But I didn't have the time then to investigate matters further.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Honestly I've not been keeping up with it since it's not relevant to me but I do remember people talking about something to do with dropouts related to LEDs no longer being a problem or something.

I could have misunderstood.
Cammy Clegg
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
I heard it works much better with T2 due to them fixing the whole LED issue.
Wait they fixed it? When? Ive been waiting hella days for it.
Kiyoko Wellisch
I heard it works much better with T2 due to them fixing the whole LED issue.
Antonetta Wikel
Anybody own the DNSC2000 and using it with TSP2? I'm getting the itch to upgrade Traktor but wondering if there's any pitfalls with tsi in regards to leds and such.
Cammy Clegg
Nvm i read that wrong. Its as simple as adjusting sensitivity. I own one I actually dont used jogs to beat match. I use it for fx.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Really? How so?
Cammy Clegg
Originally Posted by Prognosis
You can't adjust anything you like in the tsi file. What's the problem?
Because its not that simple.
Anneliese Sustaire
Originally Posted by SirReal
I haven't really had much of a pitch fader issue. I can beatmatch "oldschool" with the jog and faders and seen no really problem except that the pitch fader is extreemly sensitive.
You can't adjust anything you like in the tsi file. What's the problem?
Edyth Guiles
You see this light in my eyes ?
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's exokinetic. (don't cry, superman doesn't exist anyway.)
Homer Selgado
Originally Posted by DJKeyWee
Check @ Digikey.

EDIT: If you feel safe, you can open the actual encoder and modify them... been there, done that (on other gear). How? None work the same way. Open it and try
ORLY?

I didnt realize...

I'm opening up this bad boy...
Lisa Lochotzki
Check @ Digikey.

EDIT: If you feel safe, you can open the actual encoder and modify them... been there, done that (on other gear). How? None work the same way. Open it and try
Homer Selgado
Originally Posted by anthony2025
Is it possible to replace the endless encoders with other ones that aren't dented, or it will be too risky??
I am actually strongly considering this...

Sourcing the parts right now, ill make a post when I have part numbers.
Lisa Lochotzki
it is possible... and void your warranty.
Jacalyn Birkenstock
Is it possible to replace the endless encoders with other ones that aren't dented, or it will be too risky??
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by arkaitzr
Good morning.
I have two Denon DN-SC2000. With the Traktor Pro 1 (version 1.2.7), work perfectly, but with the Traktor Pro 2 (2.0.1), the LEDs are blocked after a short time of use. The other functions are working well but the lights are blocked.
I tried to reinstall Traktor 2 and even reformat the computer, but still the same.
Someone you feel the same?
You have any solution for this problem?
Thanks and sorry for my English.
My computer is Asus n53sv. Intel core i7, 6gb ram. Windows 7 64bits
I have the same problem, the mapping for the "OUT's" seems to have changed, i haven't bothered to re-map them yet, as i was waiting to see how Denon tackle the new layout for T2.

I'm also waiting for the promised new firmware.

The standard Denon replay has been " we are working on it" then it was " well we have just had a major national disaster, but we are working on it".

Hopefully they won't keep us waiting too long, if they do i may just switch to the Kontrol S4 and be done with it.
Rossie Arvia
Good morning.
I have two Denon DN-SC2000. With the Traktor Pro 1 (version 1.2.7), work perfectly, but with the Traktor Pro 2 (2.0.1), the LEDs are blocked after a short time of use. The other functions are working well but the lights are blocked.
I tried to reinstall Traktor 2 and even reformat the computer, but still the same.
Someone you feel the same?
You have any solution for this problem?
Thanks and sorry for my English.
My computer is Asus n53sv. Intel core i7, 6gb ram. Windows 7 64bits
Corliss Michalke
Thank you.
Antonetta Wikel
I own 2 DNSC2000's. If/when you get two let me know if you have any problems finding a tsi. I'm using one that a member here adapted to fix a few led issues.
Corliss Michalke
Originally Posted by elka
DJM-800... lucky bastard

Well, i would use 2 traditional decks and 2 sample decks
But with all this gear any combination would be imaginable and with some creative mapping over the x1's the possibilities seems endless!

Don't worry about the usb power, there is loads of powered usb hub's in the market.

Anyway i only own one sc2000 and one bcd3000 at the moment but this is what i would do if i already had your gear...

(Sorry for my bad english, it's not my mother tongue)
Yeah your english is excellent...

Sorry, i didn't notice you were using two decks + two sample decks!

Hmm, yeah, it does look like an option to keep the x1's in the set up, one at least.....when i saw these controllers the other day, my jaw dropped....finally beatmatching is possible again! i just gotta convince my GF to buy one for me for my birthday!
Kiyoko Wellisch
@elka : Your english is excellent dude.
Edyth Guiles
DJM-800... lucky bastard

Well, i would use 2 traditional decks and 2 sample decks
But with all this gear any combination would be imaginable and with some creative mapping over the x1's the possibilities seems endless!

Don't worry about the usb power, there is loads of powered usb hub's in the market.

Anyway i only own one sc2000 and one bcd3000 at the moment but this is what i would do if i already had your gear...

(Sorry for my bad english, it's not my mother tongue)
Corliss Michalke
I use a DJM-800

But the only problem is, i'm running a macbook, which only has two usb ports, and sometimes, my 2 x1's run in to problems getting power from the one USB port, so i don't like the idea of running 4 controllers out of the one port!

It sounds pretty slick to use the 4 controllers alrite, but your using all of those controllers, and only running 2 decks?
Edyth Guiles
Originally Posted by eeloe
I'm strongly believeing of picking two of these up next week to replace my Kontrol x1's.

I'm a bit fed up with just syncing 4 decks and fiddling with eq's and effects, I'd much rather have the jog wheels and pitch faders and go back to 3 decks manually beat matched.

Is the problem with the pitch fader still on going? Any problems running two units with TP2?
Hi,
What mixer do you use with your setup ?
If you can afford it, keep the 2 x1 in addition to the 2 sc2000.
Here is what i would do:
- Standar mapping for both sc2000 (A and B)
- x1 for loop recorder (C and D)
- x1 for instant and custom fx + 8 cue by track (A and B)

What do you believe ?
Antonetta Wikel
No when I say sensitive I mean that you barely touch it to move it .02% but thankfully even if you're off by a few hundredths it takes forever for it to slip out of sync. Way more precise than my old CD decks.
Corliss Michalke
Dirty old shit bag! I love it! Hahaha!

Nice one. I'm really tempted to order these in the morning!

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy