Denon Dn Sc2000

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Denon Dn Sc2000Reply
Denon Dn Sc2000
Posted on: 19.11.2010 by Denyse Waterland
recently bought a sc2000 but im having trouble with it.
im not sure if its the harware, my software (Traktor) or the tsi file i got from the denon site.
Basically the deck change button, pitch slider, cue and play pause work fine. the track select knob if also fine. but the platter only works with deck b, when deck a is selected it seems to control the first effect on effect deck 1. the hot cue buttons dont seem to work at all, though the LED's light up and it is sending a midi signal, the little icon at the top of the traktor screen lights up. the effects controls dont work, but are also sending a signal, same with filter.

If anyone has any advise id be happy to hear from them, hopefully i just cocked up the setting up of the controler..
Erma Genta
Originally Posted by HarryK
Go to your local DENON service centre (preferably with the controller) and ask for button swithces. I was told they're about 1-2
Erma Genta
Go to your local DENON service centre (preferably with the controller) and ask for button swithces. I was told they're about 1-2
Erma Genta
Erma Genta
Erma Genta
Erma Genta
Erma Genta
Erma Genta
Erma Genta
Erma Genta
Erma Genta
Erma Genta
Originally Posted by SlayForMoney
ALSO: have you tried pressing the play button on one corner to see if it works?
yes ...same sometimes works some dont ...well i dont use the vue play button anymore to say the truth ..i did some shortcuts for this on my laptop ...they work instant & better and i use the controller for everything else ...kinda sucks but its a way
Corey Ganer
you had problems with all of those buttons? where did you send your unit for repair: authorised distributor or? I any case, you shouldn't have signed the repair papers if the unit isn't properly repaired.
If you have good soldering skills and experience, DIY repair shouldn't be too difficult (of course - as a LAST choice).
Yes, I had problems with all these buttons . I tried to put up with them, but after loosing many mix points due to the Play button not working and the song not starting, I visited the local Denon authorised distributor and demanded I had the unit serviced.
My warranty card states that the unit is covered by a 6-month warranty for pots and faders and 18 (or 12 or 24, I can't remeber)-months for other electronic parts. At first, they told me they might not be able to cover damage to the buttons under warranty, because the unit was older than 6 months. Like buttons are pots/faders. . . Also, they told me that if there were signs of mistreat at the buttons, they wouldn't cover the repair. If it was not covered, then the cost would be around 50€(!), due to charging a standard rate (25€) for opening up the unit and the about 1-2€ per button plus labor.
However, after some persuasion, my unit was serviced and covered by its warranty. BTW, I have never mistreated the unit.

Now, my Loop Out button and Cue 2 are in bad condition, but, because I don't want to have to worry whether I'll have the Denon repaired under warranty or not, I am going to fix it myself. I have the tools and skills, I only need to buy the buttons from denon.
Isa Erik
Originally Posted by muchacho
by the way denon rubber buttons sucks big one ... i prefer the pioneer's
now you're just being mean dunno...I believe they're ok. it's a single deck controller, it would be hard to expect those big play/cue buttons like on CDJ's
the majority of users seem to prefer the hard plastic buttons, some prefer the rubber ones (see: Denon S3700/SC3900)

Erma Genta
Also, I have seen several complaints online about the same problem on MC6000 units - denon probably uses the same switches on those.
Isa Erik
I had mine serviced under warranty (that is, after a heated discussion with the rep.). The buttons I had changed were Play, Cue, Deck chg., Cue1/5, Loop In, practically all the buttons I've been using the most. Problem is, now Loop out and Cue 2/6 are in terrible condition, especially Loop out destroys every loop I set by double clicking... Most likely, I'll buy the switches from the Denon's service centre and do the repair by myself.
you had problems with all of those buttons? where did you send your unit for repair: authorised distributor or? I any case, you shouldn't have signed the repair papers if the unit isn't properly repaired.
If you have good soldering skills and experience, DIY repair shouldn't be too difficult (of course - as a LAST choice).

you mean the play button right ?
Yes. I only have this issue with the play button on one unit.

Also, I have seen several complaints online about the same problem on MC6000 units - denon probably uses the same switches on those.
Erma Genta
on mine it is enough to press the [>] button on the left side corner and it works.
Isa Erik
Have 2 denon units both of them have this problem since day 1
i use a macbook pro alumin 13 and traktor pro 2 ..i always thought denon solve this with a new firmware or something like that but no they didnt ..just too bad ..i love this units ..but the play button is horrible
i have 2 units, only one is affected (after a year or so the problem started - of course, by the time the issue was reported to denon, feedback recieved,....my 1 year warranty expired).
but, the good news is - it's just a bad switch (misaligned probably?), on mine it is enough to press the [>] button on the left side corner and it works. so repair should be simple, i'm just too lazy and I would miss it to send it to repair haha
Corey Ganer
I've done it already
Mine had many buttons replaced and was covered under warranty, so it was free.
Now, however, the warranty is almost expired...
Erma Genta
Corey Ganer
Go to your local DENON service centre (preferably with the controller) and ask for button swithces. I was told they're about 1-2€ each. Then it's a case of stripping the case, disoldering the broken button and replacing it with the new one. Also, clean up any sweat residue and any other dirt you might possibly find inside.

Be careful. Do not let the technicians open up the unit 'cause they charge a flat rate (25€) for this.

If you open it up, would you be so kind as to post photos of the proccess and of the internals of the unit?
Donte Trottier
Any suggestions on how to go about fixing the play button issue yourself?
Erma Genta
yes ...same sometimes works some dont ...well i dont use the vue play button anymore to say the truth ..i did some shortcuts for this on my laptop ...they work instant & better and i use the controller for everything else ...kinda sucks but its a way
Corey Ganer
Yes, I had problems with all these buttons . I tried to put up with them, but after loosing many mix points due to the Play button not working and the song not starting, I visited the local Denon authorised distributor and demanded I had the unit serviced.
My warranty card states that the unit is covered by a 6-month warranty for pots and faders and 18 (or 12 or 24, I can't remeber)-months for other electronic parts. At first, they told me they might not be able to cover damage to the buttons under warranty, because the unit was older than 6 months. Like buttons are pots/faders. . . Also, they told me that if there were signs of mistreat at the buttons, they wouldn't cover the repair. If it was not covered, then the cost would be around 50€(!), due to charging a standard rate (25€) for opening up the unit and the about 1-2€ per button plus labor.
However, after some persuasion, my unit was serviced and covered by its warranty. BTW, I have never mistreated the unit.

Now, my Loop Out button and Cue 2 are in bad condition, but, because I don't want to have to worry whether I'll have the Denon repaired under warranty or not, I am going to fix it myself. I have the tools and skills, I only need to buy the buttons from denon.
Isa Erik
now you're just being mean dunno...I believe they're ok. it's a single deck controller, it would be hard to expect those big play/cue buttons like on CDJ's
the majority of users seem to prefer the hard plastic buttons, some prefer the rubber ones (see: Denon S3700/SC3900)

Erma Genta
Isa Erik
I had mine serviced under warranty (that is, after a heated discussion with the rep.). The buttons I had changed were Play, Cue, Deck chg., Cue1/5, Loop In, practically all the buttons I've been using the most. Problem is, now Loop out and Cue 2/6 are in terrible condition, especially Loop out destroys every loop I set by double clicking... Most likely, I'll buy the switches from the Denon's service centre and do the repair by myself.

Yes. I only have this issue with the play button on one unit.

Erma Genta
on mine it is enough to press the [>] button on the left side corner and it works.
Corey Ganer
Isa Erik
i use a macbook pro alumin 13 and traktor pro 2 ..i always thought denon solve this with a new firmware or something like that but no they didnt ..just too bad ..i love this units ..but the play button is horrible
i have 2 units, only one is affected (after a year or so the problem started - of course, by the time the issue was reported to denon, feedback recieved,....my 1 year warranty expired).
but, the good news is - it's just a bad switch (misaligned probably?), on mine it is enough to press the [>] button on the left side corner and it works. so repair should be simple, i'm just too lazy and I would miss it to send it to repair haha
Erma Genta
Corey Ganer
Well, yeah, mine's had the problem since day 1, but now it has become unbearable, mostly because I've been using the unit a lot lately... I too don't want to send it to Denon for service, have heard some horror stories. It is unfortunate that such a useful unit is poorly supported and unreliable...
Isa Erik
Oh, yeah, Slay, I remember the nice way Denon's reps treated us at their community s... Well. mine's been doing that a lot lately, I'll have to look into a repair...
mine has been doin' this for about a good year or so....and I used them for only about <100 hours of mixing
i did get them to aknowledge a hardware issue but the local service here is so damn bad (they messed my X600 mixer' EQ knobs - now all of them have different feel) I just don't want to service it yet
Corey Ganer
Oh, yeah, Slay, I remember the nice way Denon's reps treated us at their community s... Well. mine's been doing that a lot lately, I'll have to look into a repair...
Isa Erik
I'd be interested to know as well. Also, has anybody's Play button failed (double clicking or not working)?
Malka Wickerham
I have one of these for sale. Mint condition with box I will let go cheap. PM me.
Corey Ganer
I'd be interested to know as well. Also, has anybody's Play button failed (double clicking or not working)?
Gladys Homitz
To revive this thread:

Has anybody here already replaced the rotary effect encoders on the SC2000 with detentless ones or at least opened this bad boy up? I am planning to buy two of those for Traktor four-deck-control and I'd not like to additionally carry around my Nocturn or possibly an X1 just for the effects control. I already had detented encoders for effects on my Reloop controller a while ago and I really did hate it all the time. -.-

I'd be really greatful for any advice regarding this topic. Exokinetic, you were considering that?

Cheers,
TKPizza
Gudrun Orlov
Originally Posted by alientek
I too thought about using soft takeover as a work around, the only thing I could figure to do was map the shift & bend - to also turn
on soft takeover and shift & bend + to turn it off (reverse of the hardware switch) You just need to duplicate them for the 2nd deck
as well as a duplicate of the other decks midi ch. So deck A would need its control set as well as a duplicate with deck C midi ch. Deck
C would need its control plus a duplicate with Deck A midi ch. That way no matter which deck you are controlling when you use the
Shift & Bends, the soft takeover is followed by the other deck as well.
I add the "soft take over" option, but it doesn't fix the problem. Pitch still "jumps" when switching to one deck to another disabling fader lock.
alientek, did you manage to fix the issue with your mapping ?
Jack Narva
No , I just thought it was redundant to have both enabled when I could map it to make sure that one was on when the other was off.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy