Denon Dn Sc2000

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Denon Dn Sc2000Reply
Denon Dn Sc2000
Posted on: 19.11.2010 by Denyse Waterland
recently bought a sc2000 but im having trouble with it.
im not sure if its the harware, my software (Traktor) or the tsi file i got from the denon site.
Basically the deck change button, pitch slider, cue and play pause work fine. the track select knob if also fine. but the platter only works with deck b, when deck a is selected it seems to control the first effect on effect deck 1. the hot cue buttons dont seem to work at all, though the LED's light up and it is sending a midi signal, the little icon at the top of the traktor screen lights up. the effects controls dont work, but are also sending a signal, same with filter.

If anyone has any advise id be happy to hear from them, hopefully i just cocked up the setting up of the controler..
Lisa Lochotzki
It has some resistance, more than CDJs, less than SLs (at least a brand new one). Pitch works really well. Not something I like to use for 70-90's party, but I'm just a dirty old shit bag
Corliss Michalke
Extremely sensitive? As in very accurate? Haha!!

Does the pitch fader have some resistance on it, or is it very loose?
Antonetta Wikel
I haven't really had much of a pitch fader issue. I can beatmatch "oldschool" with the jog and faders and seen no really problem except that the pitch fader is extreemly sensitive.
Lisa Lochotzki
With TP2 it works just fine, I use a pair in my S4 setup, but Denon still haven't solved the pitch issue... unless I missed it.
Corliss Michalke
I'm strongly believeing of picking two of these up next week to replace my Kontrol x1's.

I'm a bit fed up with just syncing 4 decks and fiddling with eq's and effects, I'd much rather have the jog wheels and pitch faders and go back to 3 decks manually beat matched.

Is the problem with the pitch fader still on going? Any problems running two units with TP2?
Delma Tuskey
The only thing i've noticed on mine since i've been using it(havent done a proper mix with it yet as i'm still beatgridding!!) is that cue point 2 is always lit? even if i dont have 2 cue points in there. oh and my key lock light flashes all the time
Lisa Lochotzki
It was with the S4, I don't see why it shouldn't with TP2.
Russel Mores
BTW - does anyone know if the Denon TSI will be compatible with Traktor Pro 2 being released on Friday?
Thanks
Lisa Lochotzki
It was supposed to be release in Feb 2011... as usual Denon Failed...
Edyth Guiles
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
What's wrong with the pitch fader?
The pitch fader is a bit buggy, when you use it slowly you can see in traktor that it jumps a bit back and forward.
A Denon member (sorry, i don't remember wich one) said a some time ago that they were working on a firmware update but no news so far..
Russel Mores
ok - I can't be 100% sure that's what I did (only picked it up and started playing with it last evening ) but I believe that moving the pitch fader towards me was slowing it down so I used invert and it worked as I wanted
Kiyoko Wellisch
Why did you have to invert it?
Russel Mores
I didn't have any problems with the pitch fader either, except I had to invert it.
Kiyoko Wellisch
What's wrong with the pitch fader?
Madlyn Trocino
yeah now if only Denon would release the update to fix the dreadful pitch fader problem that haunts virtually every sc2000 on earth.

weve all only been waiting like...what...months now?

Great job DENON !!! Way to make an update so that we can actually use one of the most used and universal DJ tools know to man.

Umm hey Denon....!!!! ITS not a working DJ midi controller without a F**King working pitch fader !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Russel Mores
In case anyone is looking, I've nearly finished a mapping for Traktor 3.4 (TKS) which will be available at http://www.tomchubb.com/downloads.php
Let me know if you want a copy of the BETA
Cammy Clegg
Originally Posted by SAFC2403
Well I FINALLY got one and i have to say it is a very good controller so far(about 30 mins usage!!)

I'm probably going to end up with 2 of them. Unless someone has worked out a way to control 4 from the one unit??
Not that i know of when i first got mine. I looked into this and it only shows 2 led colors.
Delma Tuskey
Well I FINALLY got one and i have to say it is a very good controller so far(about 30 mins usage!!)

I'm probably going to end up with 2 of them. Unless someone has worked out a way to control 4 from the one unit??
Homer Selgado
Okay, after a couple weeks fiddling with BOTH devices (X1 and DN-SC2000) I can say this....

I still would not be able to decide if I could only buy one....heh.

The pitch fader, and jogwheel on the Denon are very crisp, and a serious godsend for DJ transitions, where I might have to mix my track into an analogue source, with no from of digital BPM detection (all ear baby).

But the indented rotary encoders for the FX knobs on the Denon really kill me.

I meen, Denon designed those encoders to be solely for effects...

When it is indented like that, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get clean "sweaping" with the encoder (as compared to the APC encoders which have no indents, and allow a very natural sweep through the parameter band they are set to)...

Very sad panda, so I still use my X1 in my setup with two Denon's (becuase I am lazy, and I use the 4 deck mapping for playing 2 decks, so I never have to switch between the deck layers on the Denon, heh).

I was really kinda expecting the two Denon's to replace all the funtionality the X1 had, but those FX pots on the X1 are a MUST for the filters that I love.

SO....

In conclusion, for me, if I could ONLY HAVE ONE, it would be the X1.

But if your in a situation where you use the effects on the mixer, or dont use many effects at all, but you come from a very traditional beatmatching background, the Denon is probably for you.

/end rant
Tomas Gloyd
thanks a lot
Delma Tuskey
Originally Posted by exokinetic
Well, I have had an X1 for a bit, and I just got 2 of those denons.

I just finished mapping the top section of my X1 as a midi mixer (and a damn good one if I do believe so myself, with all proper LED feedback, and working soft takeovers) and then use one of the denons for a 2 deck/battle mixer type setup.

Personally from playing around with the Denon, it does everything the X1 does, especially the important things for me: 1 cue, (so i have to go to the hot cue layer on the x1, the denon has my 1st cue on the top layer), looping, mild efx (i don't go crazy on combos) intuitive track browse and loading, sync, key lock, and master select.

But what really forces me to say the Denon would be a better controller if you could only get one is that jog wheel, and pitch fader.

That jog is saweeet. I thought I was gonna hate it, coming from Turntables, and DN-S3700's, but I actually really like it. And the high resolution pitch fader allows me to make bpm adjustments with .001 accuracy.

If you can only afford one, IMO, get the Denon, for sure.

Haha.. but again.

As support for the X1.

With my new mixer mapping, because the ONLY controls I replaced were the FX controls, I can play an entire synced set (I do religious beat-griding) with out ever touching the laptop. Full EQ control with kills, awesome channel fader response with the knobs. I have two different modifiers for the top level with buttons that have LED feedback to engage them, and that gets around the shift-layer/ midi-layer soft takeover issues with the X1 knobs(apparently this is a documented bug that will be fixed in a driver update) And that allows me to have master gain control, channel gain control (although I use auto-gain, just put it there in the case I need it, I probably wont ever use it) Cue Mix, and Cue Volume.

The 5th modifier has the mix and cue volume, and it only occupies the channel fader knobs, so I can adjust the EQ's while adjusting the cue levels (a must for some). The 6th modifier occupies all of the EQ assigned knobs, and leaves the channel faders functional. As well as the Gain controls here, I also have both decks filters on this modifier (witch gives me at least one effect) and because this modifier is not occupying the channel fader knobs, I can fade a track out while controlling the filter.

Because I mix DnB, and I don't use a cross fader, and obviously I have no cross fader emulation in this mapping, having rotary channel knobs killed my "fader-cuts".

SO, with a tip from the Traktor Bible, I used a modified version of his "emulation" of the "punch" feature from the older versions of Traktor.

MY button though does this:

If my button is at the 1 position (its "Mixer | Volume Fader" with a modifier toggle that goes 0, 1, setting the volume fader "value" to 0 and 1 respectively). Then you press the button (as the button was at 1 in this instance its LED would be lit) and the button goes to 0, and that in turn sets the channel fader level to 0, and also dims the "fader cut" buttons LED.

And vise versa.

So you always have an LED to tell you weather its going to "cut" or "lift" when you press it, and it doesn't care where the volume faders position actually is.

So this allows me to replicate my style of fader cutting REALLY well... once I got the timing down it got really fun.

I JUST finished this mapping as its been a concept in my head for a while...

Ive used the X1 in its stock configuration for a long time and I just love it.

And I just got a new-found, much deeper appreciation, and love for it all over again... heh.

Now add my Denon to that, and I leave the bottom section of the X1 on hot cue, use the denon for crazy efx possibilities, and extremely precise "cdj" like pitch control over two decks.

MUWAHAHAAHA.....

It is, for me at least, ultimate controller sex.
Cheers for the extensive review. I used the X1 at a new years party and thought it was excellent and was going to get one...until I saw the denon. As i'm coming from TT's & CDJ's I started to lean towards the Denon as I dont want to turn into a sync monkey and lose the old skool skills!!
I'm going to a place next week to demo the SC2000.
Homer Selgado
Send me a PM with your email addy and Ill do so.

I don't have anyway of hasting it.... because I am lazy.
Chas Giraldez
Originally Posted by exokinetic

I just finished mapping the top section of my X1 as a midi mixer (and a damn good one if I do believe so myself, with all proper LED feedback, and working soft takeovers) and then use one of the denons for a 2 deck/battle mixer type setup.
Please share this .tsi. I've been trying to map one myself forever (with no luck. I'm too software stupid)
Homer Selgado

Personally from playing around with the Denon, it does everything the X1 does, especially the important things for me: 1 cue, (so i have to go to the hot cue layer on the x1, the denon has my 1st cue on the top layer), looping, mild efx (i don't go crazy on combos) intuitive track browse and loading, sync, key lock, and master select.

But what really forces me to say the Denon would be a better controller if you could only get one is that jog wheel, and pitch fader.

That jog is saweeet. I thought I was gonna hate it, coming from Turntables, and DN-S3700's, but I actually really like it. And the high resolution pitch fader allows me to make bpm adjustments with .001 accuracy.

If you can only afford one, IMO, get the Denon, for sure.

Haha.. but again.

As support for the X1.

With my new mixer mapping, because the ONLY controls I replaced were the FX controls, I can play an entire synced set (I do religious beat-griding) with out ever touching the laptop. Full EQ control with kills, awesome channel fader response with the knobs. I have two different modifiers for the top level with buttons that have LED feedback to engage them, and that gets around the shift-layer/ midi-layer soft takeover issues with the X1 knobs(apparently this is a documented bug that will be fixed in a driver update) And that allows me to have master gain control, channel gain control (although I use auto-gain, just put it there in the case I need it, I probably wont ever use it) Cue Mix, and Cue Volume.

The 5th modifier has the mix and cue volume, and it only occupies the channel fader knobs, so I can adjust the EQ's while adjusting the cue levels (a must for some). The 6th modifier occupies all of the EQ assigned knobs, and leaves the channel faders functional. As well as the Gain controls here, I also have both decks filters on this modifier (witch gives me at least one effect) and because this modifier is not occupying the channel fader knobs, I can fade a track out while controlling the filter.

Because I mix DnB, and I don't use a cross fader, and obviously I have no cross fader emulation in this mapping, having rotary channel knobs killed my "fader-cuts".

SO, with a tip from the Traktor Bible, I used a modified version of his "emulation" of the "punch" feature from the older versions of Traktor.

MY button though does this:

If my button is at the 1 position (its "Mixer | Volume Fader" with a modifier toggle that goes 0, 1, setting the volume fader "value" to 0 and 1 respectively). Then you press the button (as the button was at 1 in this instance its LED would be lit) and the button goes to 0, and that in turn sets the channel fader level to 0, and also dims the "fader cut" buttons LED.

And vise versa.

So you always have an LED to tell you weather its going to "cut" or "lift" when you press it, and it doesn't care where the volume faders position actually is.

So this allows me to replicate my style of fader cutting REALLY well... once I got the timing down it got really fun.

I JUST finished this mapping as its been a concept in my head for a while...

Ive used the X1 in its stock configuration for a long time and I just love it.

And I just got a new-found, much deeper appreciation, and love for it all over again... heh.

Now add my Denon to that, and I leave the bottom section of the X1 on hot cue, use the denon for crazy efx possibilities, and extremely precise "cdj" like pitch control over two decks.

MUWAHAHAAHA.....

It is, for me at least, ultimate controller sex.
Lisa Lochotzki
That's hard to tell. They are 2 different beasts & I use both in the same setup.

I prefer the effect section of the X1 over the SC2000, But I like Jogs & Long hi-res pitch fader. 8 direct cue points on X1, 4 on SC2000... and the list is long.

I would suggest you to try both in store.
Delma Tuskey
Can someone who has used these as well as the X1 give me an idea which ones best. I'm after a controller but i'm pretty much down to these 2. Am coming from CDJ's and TT's which makes me lean toward the denon but I used the X1 and thought it was pretty good as well!!

cheers
Lisa Lochotzki
I'll suggest you to use MIDI-OX to check if your controller send the MIDI message to different MIDI-Channels... If it does, somethings bad in Traktor Controller Manager.
Donella Bentch
Originally Posted by djyg
i already do that shit+browser for deck 1&2 and shift + previous for deck 3&4 on the awcons one but i have to put in & out port to all because if i said dnsc 2000 only one working !
Hmm? Please try the Original Denon 4-Deck.tsi. If you got the same Problem I believe it
Terica Whittman
i already do that shit+browser for deck 1&2 and shift + previous for deck 3&4 on the awcons one but i have to put in & out port to all because if i said dnsc 2000 only one working !
Donella Bentch
You have to configure your Midi Channels at the second Sc2000 from 1&2 to 3&4 if you use the 4-Deck Mapping!! See Denon Manual to do this. It
Terica Whittman
yes me too i have to put all ports in traktor pro 1.2.7 if i want my 2 unit working . controller it s always buggy things !!!
Tamra Tweten
Hey can anyone help me with my problem. My fine pitch buttons are not working on sc2000. I'm using viper 4 deck tsi and i did everything that he said to do. I attempted to select dn sc2000 but it did not work. To get all 4 decks to work in 1.27 traktor pro i had to select the in and out and i had to select all port, for all my decks to work. He say to put dn sc 2000 but only one 2000 worked instead two.
Mozell Paliotti
Yea i actually posted something on that on that thread last evening , but thank you for the help. I guess im just going to have to wait for that firmware update.
Karyn Horath
Originally Posted by jon-e-groove
okay i have owned one of these for about 2 weeks now,and i really like it, even believeing about getting another, but im waiting for a update to this problem. I dont know if anyone else is having this same issue,but, when im using the pitch slider, the bpms seem to jump up and down randomly. Like when im moving the pitch slider up or down slowly, the bpm seems to do this number: (going down) 128.69 128.67 128.89 128.87 128.77 128.99, for example. Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Please let me know, thanks for the help
Saw a similar issue reported over on the Denon community s - maybe the same?

http://www.denondjcommunity s.com/community /i...rb_v=viewtopic

If so, Denon have said it should be fixed in a firmware update.
Mozell Paliotti
okay i have owned one of these for about 2 weeks now,and i really like it, even believeing about getting another, but im waiting for a update to this problem. I dont know if anyone else is having this same issue,but, when im using the pitch slider, the bpms seem to jump up and down randomly. Like when im moving the pitch slider up or down slowly, the bpm seems to do this number: (going down) 128.69 128.67 128.89 128.87 128.77 128.99, for example. Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Please let me know, thanks for the help
Matha Obray
Originally Posted by hurundi
i guess this is a general problem with traktor on win7-pcs. i'm having the same issue when i hit shift on my vci100. fortunately i have win7 only on my home-pc and my dj-notebook is still running XP. i tried to fix this with bomes&loopbe but somehow it didn't work on win7. i haven't spent too much time trying to fix this though.
my vci runs on win 7 fine....
Donella Bentch
Originally Posted by SirReal
Hey Viper,
ANy desire to upload your mappings to the Traktor Bible site? If not, would you mind if I did?
Of course you can. There
Liza Lamonde
Originally Posted by JSM
ATTENTION VIPER & DENON
Both .tsi suffer the same problem, when tracks are playing and I use the SHIFT/EFFECT SELECT either in chained or advanced it glitches the sound, so much so that i can't change effects this way whilst in a live set. The mouse selection way has no glitches, so i must be based in the LED output side of traktor.

Has anyone got round this yet ?
i guess this is a general problem with traktor on win7-pcs. i'm having the same issue when i hit shift on my vci100. fortunately i have win7 only on my home-pc and my dj-notebook is still running XP. i tried to fix this with bomes&loopbe but somehow it didn't work on win7. i haven't spent too much time trying to fix this though.
Faustino Stringfellow
ATTENTION VIPER & DENON

After using both .tsi's for about a month, i have to say that Vipers is just a bit ahead of the Denon original.

HOWEVER !

Both .tsi suffer the same problem, when tracks are playing and I use the SHIFT/EFFECT SELECT either in chained or advanced it glitches the sound, so much so that i can't change effects this way whilst in a live set. The mouse selection way has no glitches, so i must be based in the LED output side of traktor.

Has anyone got round this yet ?
Antonetta Wikel
Hey Viper,
ANy desire to upload your mappings to the Traktor Bible site? If not, would you mind if I did?

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy