Denon Dn Sc2000

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Denon Dn Sc2000Reply
Denon Dn Sc2000
Posted on: 19.11.2010 by Denyse Waterland
recently bought a sc2000 but im having trouble with it.
im not sure if its the harware, my software (Traktor) or the tsi file i got from the denon site.
Basically the deck change button, pitch slider, cue and play pause work fine. the track select knob if also fine. but the platter only works with deck b, when deck a is selected it seems to control the first effect on effect deck 1. the hot cue buttons dont seem to work at all, though the LED's light up and it is sending a midi signal, the little icon at the top of the traktor screen lights up. the effects controls dont work, but are also sending a signal, same with filter.

If anyone has any advise id be happy to hear from them, hopefully i just cocked up the setting up of the controler..
Gudrun Orlov
Thanks alientek, I understand very well what you mean.
Did you find some kind of conflict when both soft takeover and fader lock are on that you decided to map soft takeover on/off ?
I would have thought that as long as soft takeover is on, it would not change anything that fader lock is on or off, but I can be wrong.
Jack Narva
Glad it was of help. I remember I had mapped the bend buttons to the exact same functions. While playing I had
decreased the tempo range of the C deck with "shift + Bend -" (which also turned "fader lock" off without me knowing it) I switched
to control the A deck barely touched the pitch fader and it jumped from about -3 where it was to about +5 where the C deck was.
That was bad, but worse is I spent a good hour trying to track down the problem in my mapping. After not seeing any cause I then thought to read the manual again.

I too thought about using soft takeover as a work around, the only thing I could figure to do was map the shift & bend - to also turn
on soft takeover and shift & bend + to turn it off (reverse of the hardware switch) You just need to duplicate them for the 2nd deck
as well as a duplicate of the other decks midi ch. So deck A would need its control set as well as a duplicate with deck C midi ch. Deck
C would need its control plus a duplicate with Deck A midi ch. That way no matter which deck you are controlling when you use the
Shift & Bends, the soft takeover is followed by the other deck as well.

Does that make sense? Hope so as it is a bit early here...
Gudrun Orlov
Thanks alientek for this details.
I see what "Fader Lock" function is, but I wasn't aware that you could disable it using shift + pitch bend.
And you are right, it can be a problem. And I will check, because reading you, I believe it is actually...
Maybe adding traktor soft take over could be a workaround.
It will let having a constant behaviour, with or without "hardware fader lock" enabled.
I will check that.
Jack Narva
Originally Posted by juflo
Hi guys.
I have updated my previously same-as-official-but-dimmed mapping with the enhanced functions :
- Adjust pitch range using Shift + pitch bend
Was reading your mappings updated functionality and recalled an issue when I tried to do the same thing
with one of my mappings. The problem is the SC2000 uses the combination of "shift" and the pitch bend
buttons to turn the "Fader Lock" function on & off. This is what keeps the pitch fader from jumping when
You switch decks (basically just like soft takeover). If you only have it mapped for it to control 1 deck then
It wouldn't be a problem.

Since it is part of the hardware firmware, you can't get around it. Just like you can't set the shift button as a
modifier for the BROWSER-PREV-NEXT-DUPLICATE buttons because it would change midi channel of the SC2000.

Just thought you would like to know if you were not already aware.
Gudrun Orlov
Hi SlayForMoney
Just use the modifier associated with Shit with ptich bend
Isa Erik
junflo, can you please tell me how to add the "Adjust pitch range using Shift + pitch bend" to 1.2.7 mapping?
Gudrun Orlov
Hi guys.
I have updated my previously same-as-official-but-dimmed mapping with the enhanced functions :
- Adjust pitch range using Shift + pitch bend
- Add track end warning with CUE blinking
- LOOP IN led fix
- Adjust loop in/out using LOOP IN/OUT and jogwheel (notes : to exit a loop, LOOP OUT is not usable anymore, use AUTO LOOP instead)
You can find it on DJTT mapping page : http://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/157
Feel free to comment and rate !
Terra Merigold
Anyone have a map for 2 decks + 2 sample decks?

Thank you!
Isa Erik
Uploaded Viper9711's 2 deck & 4 deck .TSI for Traktor Pro 1.2.7 on DJTT MIDI Maps

If you have one for Traktor 2.*.*, post it also
Corey Ganer
Thanks for looking into it juflo!
Gudrun Orlov
Hi guys.
Glad to see somebody uses my tsi
Anyway, some little mistakes were in the mapping (cue assigned to deck C instead of B)
So, find it fixed here !

DNSC2000- 2Decks-Dimmed.tsi
Corey Ganer
Bump
Corey Ganer
I downloaded a tsi from a denon dj community s member named Juflo (IDK wether he is here as well) but am experiencing some problems. |The browse knob only works when browsing the files inside a folder, I can't browse between folders. Secondly, (same problem exists to the original denon tsi), when I am in Deck 2, the CUE button (the big one, above play), doesn't light up at all when pressed, though it's working.
My question is, does anyone have a solution? Maybe juflo's tsi has been updated? Also, maybe someone has another tsi with as close to original functionality, with dimmed LEDs but without any bugs?
Thanks.
Corey Ganer
Thanks alot zestoi. It's time to figure out what all these numbers in the manual mean, then.
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by HarryK
So people, has anyone got any idea why the Hotcue and Loop LEDs are not dimmed when not engaged-assigned, but rather are turned off? Is there a way to overcome this issue? I am trying Traktor (DEMO) at the moment -I have been using VDJ and the LEDs were dimmed- and for me, having dimmed LEDs is something very useful.

BTW, I know nothing of MIDI mapping and was expecting the unit to work as expected, so now I'm kind of frustrated...
you probably need to learn some traktor midi mapping then by the sounds of it... in the controller manager you'll find some elements called "Hotcue1 State" etc that probably have a "Midi Range" "Min" of 0, you'll need to set this to a non-zero value. i don't know about the midi implementation for the dnsc2000 so not sure what other values apart from 127 u can send it, tho would make sense to try something small but non zero and see if that helps. the loop status will be similar but is called "Loop Active"
Corey Ganer
So people, has anyone got any idea why the Hotcue and Loop LEDs are not dimmed when not engaged-assigned, but rather are turned off? Is there a way to overcome this issue? I am trying Traktor (DEMO) at the moment -I have been using VDJ and the LEDs were dimmed- and for me, having dimmed LEDs is something very useful.

BTW, I know nothing of MIDI mapping and was expecting the unit to work as expected, so now I'm kind of frustrated...
Pok Curi
I just bought the Denon dn-sc2000, and I uploaded the firmware version to version 1.25. I followed the instructions that came with the file. But now the controller won't go out of the upgrade mode. I tried to plug it out and in again but it just keeps going into upgrade mode.
How can I fix this?
Felipe Rasper
yeah, i would believe so.
i'm believeing of adding one to my setup; for that pricetag and those features i believe you can't go (that) wrong with it.
Lynetta Stanislav
D@ve do you believe it would be a good addition next to the dB4
Felipe Rasper
today i played with this controller for the first time, used it with traktor pro 2 and have to admit that i found i a great controller !
easy to use, and a nice jog (what a miss on most controllers) reminds me of CDJ's in use.
Lynetta Stanislav
Did you work out how to toggle between all 4 decks.
Bruno Salina
Originally Posted by truewind
If you Got Only 1 Controller, You can't control 4 decks... Each unit has 2 midi layers which means you can control up to 2 decks per DN-SC2000. Soo, if you want to control 4 decks, you need 2 units. Deck 1 would control A and C while deck 2 would control Deck B and D.
There is actually a way to toggle between channel 1/2 and 3/4, so you can control all 4 decks with just one controller. Was just trying to figure out the most convenient way to do it and I'm willing to write a new file for it, just need some help.
Leonora Synstelien
If you Got Only 1 Controller, You can't control 4 decks... Each unit has 2 midi layers which means you can control up to 2 decks per DN-SC2000. Soo, if you want to control 4 decks, you need 2 units. Deck 1 would control A and C while deck 2 would control Deck B and D.
Bruno Salina
Got the controller today, love it. I have TP2 and I want to use this to control all 4 decks. My "deck change" button only toggles between A and C. How can I make it go A>B>C>D? Cannot find anywhere in the manual either.
Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by TheOnlineGuy
The machine was defective. Brand new straight out of the box too. The second I plugged a new one in from the store...worked instantly.
Good to hear mate
Dave Kastner
The machine was defective. Brand new straight out of the box too. The second I plugged a new one in from the store...worked instantly.
Janyce Henningson
No its not the channel mate, its not showing as a midi device at all in Traktor is it...

Can you try it on a different computer?
Dave Kastner
Actually, what do you have to do to the unit itself to make sure it's on the correct MIDI channel? That's probably why I don't see any signals or detection in Traktor.
Dave Kastner
I could see it being completely faulty and not lighting up, but it does when it's plugged in, so theirs something really strange happening.
This may have been covered in an earlier post, but the latest TSI file on Denon's website is for Traktor 2, is it not?
Dave Kastner
I tried that as well. Still lights up the way it should, but it still goes undetected as a usable device. Very strange.
I could see it being completely faulty and not lighting up, but it does when it's plugged in, so theirs something really strange happening.
Dave Kastner
I tried that as well. Still lights up the way it should, but it still goes undetected as a usable device. Very strange.
Janyce Henningson
Have u tried a different usb cable?
Soz mate can't believe of anything else...

Sounds like a faulty unit, maybe someone else has some ideas
Dave Kastner
Nothing out of the ordinary shows up there when it's plugged in. I also tried to plug in my Audio8 and iPhone to see if those devices appear in that USB list, but they don't, although both are usable when connected. Definitely not a problem with my computer USB connections.

Out of curiosity, I plugged it into a Dell computer I have. Doesn't show that it's plugged in either, but it lights up the way it should.
Janyce Henningson
Hmm weird

Have you checked if its showing on your mac..

Apple menu ... About this mac ... More info ... USB
Dave Kastner
Yes, I've plugged it into my computer (trying different USB ports) before launching Traktor (2.1.1). It lights up the way it should when plugged in, but you're correct, Traktor just doesn't seem to detect it being plugged in. Can't figure it out for the life of me.
Janyce Henningson
The problem is not the tsi, you don't need to import that any more..

The problem is the controller is not being recognised in Traktor.

Plug it in before you start Traktor.
Does it light up?
Is it showing on your mac?

Try a different usb port.
Dave Kastner
This thing seriously can't be this hard to hook up, but here's what I'm doing step-by-step, but nothing is happening.

1. Choosing the 2 Deck TSI file in the Native Instruments directory
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/photo1uws.jpg/

2. Category Selection box pops up (choose ok)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/photo2lce.jpg/

3. Choosing Generic MIDI
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/photo3yd.jpg/

4. No sign of the controller
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/photo4rf.jpg/
Dave Kastner
That's where I'm having an issue. When I import the TSI file, in the drop down section, theirs nothing there except "None" "Traktor Virtual Input" and "All Ports". No sign of the DNS showing up.
Janyce Henningson
I believe it is the generic midi one

Select that in the controller editor then choose the DNS for the in & out ports
Dave Kastner
Hey guys,

I just picked up one of these Denon DN-SC2000 units and I can't figure out how to map it.

I'm using a MacBook Pro, I've placed the TSI files in the correct directory, I'm using the latest version of Traktor Scratch Pro, but nothing is happening when I go through the import stage.

When I choose the 2 deck file, the page changes to a bunch of mappings, but at the top of the Control Manager settings page, there are only 2 options. a Generic MIDI and Scratch Pro 2 Default Mapping (Generic Keyboard). There is no sign of anything saying SC2000 anywhere.

Any idea what I'm doing incorrectly?
Thanks.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy