Denon Dn Sc2000

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Denon Dn Sc2000Reply
Denon Dn Sc2000
Posted on: 19.11.2010 by Denyse Waterland
recently bought a sc2000 but im having trouble with it.
im not sure if its the harware, my software (Traktor) or the tsi file i got from the denon site.
Basically the deck change button, pitch slider, cue and play pause work fine. the track select knob if also fine. but the platter only works with deck b, when deck a is selected it seems to control the first effect on effect deck 1. the hot cue buttons dont seem to work at all, though the LED's light up and it is sending a midi signal, the little icon at the top of the traktor screen lights up. the effects controls dont work, but are also sending a signal, same with filter.

If anyone has any advise id be happy to hear from them, hopefully i just cocked up the setting up of the controler..
Kiyoko Wellisch
Oh neat, looks like the firmware update actually exists after all
Agustin Swithenbank
This is my mail for denon and denon's reply.

MY MAIL
Hello
I write this email because i bought 2 sc2000 last week
I bought
denon because i believe is the most important company for quality and
support and also sc2000 is just what i want from a dj midi controller.

I just read many topics regarding freeze and many other problems (ex.
pitch control not so stable).

My djset configuration is:
- one acer
laptop win7 32 bit prof. 4 gb ram 500 gb 7200 rpm hd
- traktor pro
- two sc 2000
- one piooner djm500 mixer
- one native audio 10
soundcard

Apparently all works well (except ptch control) but
sometimes ( one time for hour), traktor freeze and sound is like
looping 1/32 and the only way to stop the looping is to :
- disconnect
sc-2000 usb --> sc-2000 goes off , traktor and sound restart in the
correct way
- reconnect sc-2000 usb, --> sc-2000 goes on and traktor
and sound freeze for 1-2 second after that all goes well until the
system freeze again.

Previously i used in my dj-set the same pc same
windows an m-audio xponent without any sort of issue, i tried to use
xponent with ni audio 10 without any problem.

I'm sure the issue
regarding my 2 sc2000 and i believe is related to a buggy firmware.

i
need to know how to remove this issue as soon as possible (maximum 1
week) because if i can't sole the issue i'll send to my supplier my 2
sc2000 on 1 month money back guaranty.

thank for your support
Enrico

DENON ANSWER

Good Morning Enrico,

Thank you for your enquiry, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your midi controller. There is indeed an issue that is affecting some people who own the unit. We have developed a firmware update to fix these issues. The update has finished its development stage and the update and instructions for each language are being verified by our quality assurance engineers. We are expecting a release within 10 days.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused

Kind Regards

Jonathan McFarland

Product Support Advisor
D&M Audiovisual Ltd
www.dm-holdings.com
Andreas Burchette
Originally Posted by JSM
afterall he's done more than DENON have done.
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by JSM
Well we do have a DENON representative on this very community , is he reading ?

I have PM'd him to ask this very question for us, perhaps others could do the same ?

I have fell victim to asking the wrong type of question on the Denon community too, apparently i was also 'breaking the terms and conditions' by asking "WHEN do we also get the fader fix issued to the MC6000 users?".

I'd just like to have my sc's working well with TSP2, nothing fancy, 2 track, 2 sample deck with layer LEDS that work properly ...

Just a though has anyone got a decent .tsi that DENON could use as a base, perhaps Viper has a T2 mapping ?

UPDATE ON A WORKING .tsi

Over on DJTT sister site, traktorbible.com, a guy called Markus has issued a nice .tsi for 4 deck with sampler for T2.

I am beta testing it now, and all seems well (there's a few things i really don't like, but on the whole it's good), i'll also be updating the PDFs for him, he's German and used google translate.

Give it a try and remeber to give him some feedback, afterall he's done more than DENON have done.
Faustino Stringfellow
that would be true if the earthquake was 6 months before it really hit ! The MC6000 had the same fault and it's built around the Sc2000, yet the SC2000 was ignored for months.

Then they had the earthquake.
Jack Narva
I may be wrong guys, but it is quite possible that many of the software engineers/techs involved in this product
are, or were based in Japan. I do know that a lot of the music gear companies based in Japan lost people
and had facilities destroyed by the earthquake & tsunami.

I am pretty sure that these past few months for them have been a bit more of a hardship than the (truly minor)
issues I have had with my 2 Sc2000. I love this controller and will be more than thankful for an update when it is released.
And if that is later instead of sooner, it will not change the fact it is still one of the best controllers available (IMO).
Branden Wentler
I know it reached my wallet. I was looking into getting a DNX1700 this Summer and after the whole carrot-n-stick firmware for the 2000 I reconsidered. The post deletions on their community s sealed the deal. Just an all-round bad experience on a piece of hardware with a lot of potential.
Andreas Burchette
I'm in the same place as well. waiting for that firmware update for more than six months. of course, each time I stated my unhappiness on denon's community s, my threads were deleted due to "violation of community rules"...
I hope all this hustle finally reaches the top levels of denon's aftersales department and at leasts starts to bother them. otherwise I'll have to start looking for new gear, as well.
Emanuel Manche
uff I thought I just deleted my posts the moderator Gary passes threatening to expel the community . If you would come corriegen faults like hot cakes but in the meantime no. and of course I went to return them to the store and I received them greetings
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by space monkey
Any sort of "persuasive" post on Denon's site gets deleted. I've had a couple deleted myself sayign something about community rules...where are the community rules on denon's site though? They likely released these controllers knowing full well the fader glitch. I mean how the hell could QC miss such an obvious fault?
Well we do have a DENON representative on this very community , is he reading ?

I have PM'd him to ask this very question for us, perhaps others could do the same ?

I have fell victim to asking the wrong type of question on the Denon community too, apparently i was also 'breaking the terms and conditions' by asking "WHEN do we also get the fader fix issued to the MC6000 users?".

I'd just like to have my sc's working well with TSP2, nothing fancy, 2 track, 2 sample deck with layer LEDS that work properly ...

Just a though has anyone got a decent .tsi that DENON could use as a base, perhaps Viper has a T2 mapping ?
Branden Wentler
Originally Posted by JSM
@roshanbhoj

They are great (fader glitch apart) with Traktor Pro / TSP 1.2.7 and using vipers .tsi they work as intended.

The real problem for me is getting them to work well with TSP2, i gave up in the end and got an S4 (thanks Ean).

I'm just getting annoyed at the fact that they have passed over the SC2000 in favour of the MC6000, whereas they can easily keep market share with the SC2000 if they fix the small issues.

As a community, can't we get together and pressure Silvio (DENON) to get some answers for us.
Any sort of "persuasive" post on Denon's site gets deleted. I've had a couple deleted myself sayign something about community rules...where are the community rules on denon's site though? They likely released these controllers knowing full well the fader glitch. I mean how the hell could QC miss such an obvious fault?
Faustino Stringfellow
@roshanbhoj

They are great (fader glitch apart) with Traktor Pro / TSP 1.2.7 and using vipers .tsi they work as intended.

The real problem for me is getting them to work well with TSP2, i gave up in the end and got an S4 (thanks Ean).

I'm just getting annoyed at the fact that they have passed over the SC2000 in favour of the MC6000, whereas they can easily keep market share with the SC2000 if they fix the small issues.

As a community, can't we get together and pressure Silvio (DENON) to get some answers for us.
Erma Genta
Originally Posted by SirReal
I have two and they're "useable" BUT, I've been waiting for the "fabled" firmware update since December. Since I've seen 2 firmware updates for the MC6000, I'm beginning to believe that Denon really is IGNORING the SC2000. I;d LOVE for them to prove me wrong.
maybe they don't their sell targets so they left it behind and pushing the MC600 because all companies concetrate to the complete mixers controllers .Plus X1 it's not so good controller as denon but they have better marketing and spend some money to famous djs using it .I have lots of dj friends and no one even knows the denon they all use X1 and when they see it its like "wow thats nice ha"?
Antonetta Wikel
Pitch fader glitch. Not a deal breaker BUT definitely not optimal for using pitch with long mixes.
Cristi Sucha
So why are you waiting for the next firmware update?
Antonetta Wikel
Also, they keep deleting my posts on their site every time I post about the "absent" firmware update. Pretty lame, if you ask me. Don't delete, just respond. LAME
Antonetta Wikel
I have two and they're "useable" BUT, I've been waiting for the "fabled" firmware update since December. Since I've seen 2 firmware updates for the MC6000, I'm beginning to believe that Denon really is IGNORING the SC2000. I;d LOVE for them to prove me wrong.
Cristi Sucha
Woah, sorry your having so much trouble with your SC2000! All the stories I have heard about them say it's a great controller. No one mentioned any problems until now.Sorry to hear that.
Homer Selgado
/facepalm
Branden Wentler
Originally Posted by JSM
and a bit more, looks like all the work done creating the MC6000 FW update was lost somewhere .... they had to start from the begining with the SC-2000

Good Afternoon Mark,

When I say I asked for an update, I simply mean that I requested some information on what was currently happening with the firmware update on the DN-SC2000.

As I stated the firmware update instructions, which have to be translated into several different languages had to be re-written and validated by our quality assurance engineers. Unfortunately the working firmware is useless if people are not successfully instructed how to update their units.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused

Kind Regards
Jonathan McFarland
Product Support Advisor
D&M Audiovisual Ltd
www.dm-holdings.com
Maybe a dog ate it.
Anyway you look at it this is pathetic and I can't recall being so upset with a single company since the click of death iomega drives from the mid-90s.
Emanuel Manche
you want to tell friend and get the firmware or will have to wait long
Faustino Stringfellow
and a bit more, looks like all the work done creating the MC6000 FW update was lost somewhere .... they had to start from the begining with the SC-2000

Good Afternoon Mark,

When I say I asked for an update, I simply mean that I requested some information on what was currently happening with the firmware update on the DN-SC2000.

As I stated the firmware update instructions, which have to be translated into several different languages had to be re-written and validated by our quality assurance engineers. Unfortunately the working firmware is useless if people are not successfully instructed how to update their units.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused

Kind Regards
Jonathan McFarland
Product Support Advisor
D&M Audiovisual Ltd
www.dm-holdings.com
Faustino Stringfellow
After moaning at them AGAIN - SILVIO@DENON SORT THIS OUT !

I had this message back.

Good Afternoon,

I asked for another update on this. I have been told the update manual was re-written again and is currently being validated by Quality Assurance Japan. We are estimating release within 10 days time. Again I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If you wish to seek a refund you will need to take this up with the place of purchase

Kind Regards

Jonathan McFarland

Product Support Advisor

D&M Audiovisual Ltd
www.dm-holdings.com

So if they haven't sorted it in 10 days time, I have 2 x SC2000's to sell, boxed and perfect, in fact since T2, they have never been used.
Donella Bentch
No Cue Points=Dimmer Mode, Active Cue Points=Bright Mode
Don
Agustin Swithenbank
Originally Posted by viper9711
Here is a 4 Deck Mapping with some Modifikations:

No CUE-LED Bug
All Loop LED
Cammy Clegg
The SC2000 and Ms Pinkys is really dope actually Thats what im using now. Ive got it mapped to the controlls for that.
Emanuel Manche
I believe we have been fooled, end of month and nothing no. Not have realized they have a gold mine I tried the sc 2000 and is a combination dnx1600 terrible and crushing the other drivers. Kontrol much higher than the same mc s4 and denon 6000 of people do not buy by the pair failure is serious, but once solved would sell well
Branden Wentler
I binned my SC's a couple of months ago. They now sit gathering dust and it's such a shame really because they are solid controllers with only a few serious flaws. BTW, firmware was promised at the "end of the month" back in December. It was the only reason I kept my controllers before going overseas for my job. Wish that I had just left them at home and bought an extra X1.
I was looking into getting a Denon mixer as well but after this experience I don't believe I want to touch another product from them.
Jack Narva
Originally Posted by JSM
The firmware is in its final stages with the Quality Assurance engineers in Japan and there will be a resolution by the end of the month.

End of the month...?

The month of "When it is ready".

Sure glad my birthday is not that month!
Vernie Beharry
Definitely give it time. I have a Denon DNHC 1000S for Serato. . .Kept on freezing SSL when I ran it. Took bout a good solid year to get a firmware update for it, but now it runs flawlessly.

Good luck with that JSM. . .Been wanting to get a pair, but I already have enough gear:
Numark Mixtrack
2 Numark TT500's
2 Technic 1200 MKII's
Faustino Stringfellow
FIRMWARE UPDATE !!! _ Finally

After a couple of emails and threatening to throw all the Denon kit in the bin I managed to get some information regarding the long waited FW fix for the wobbly faders (and I guess a few other things as it took so long !!!)

Here's what I got

Good Morning Mark,

The firmware is in its final stages with the Quality Assurance engineers in Japan and there will be a resolution by the end of the month.

Kind Regards

Jonathan McFarland
Product Support Advisor

D&M Audiovisual Ltd

Now we will have to wait for a working Traktor Pro2 2 & 4 deck with working LED's .tsi

although I have read on two sites that Denon will not support Trakor Pro 2, which I really hope is wrong because thats what it was designed to use ..even if it is the next build ...

perhaps someone at Denon can give us the real information on this.
Erma Genta
terrible sorry i just read it in the manual too
it's a combination of shift and +- button

thank you very much for your time there is so small letters in the package manual paper i downloaded the pdf to see that .

after play and work i have to say that
this denon unit is extreme powerful

1 thing i dont like its the button play cue (the rubber silicon feel)
i get used all this year spinning professionally with the pioneer's cdjs
(the button works perfect smoother)

definitely away much better that NI X1 for my opinion
Antonetta Wikel
Fader lock function
If the fader lock function is set to ON and the pitch slider position
after a DECK change operation is different from the value registered
in the unit
Antonetta Wikel
Did you need you need me to read the instruction manual for you?
Erma Genta
i haven't found how to fix this still i have this problem with the pitch

can you help ?
Erma Genta
Originally Posted by SirReal
It's a setting with your DNSC2000. You can turn it off by reading the "manual" but the default setting is set so that when you switch decks you have to move the pitch fader to where the pitch is set on the deck you switch to, that way the pitch doesn't "jump" to where it was set on the other deck.
i see i have to search this thank you !
Antonetta Wikel
It's a setting with your DNSC2000. You can turn it off by reading the "manual" but the default setting is set so that when you switch decks you have to move the pitch fader to where the pitch is set on the deck you switch to, that way the pitch doesn't "jump" to where it was set on the other deck.
Erma Genta
a little bug when you turn from deck a to b and the opposite kinda quick the pitchfader freeze anyone else have this too ?
Erma Genta
Well take me some hr's time to do this mapping my first with success (rookie here) i turn out the filter knob into a browse tree search button and if you press it in collapse / expand the folders .

there you go :http://www.sendspace.com/file/69upr5

But i discover that you can browse the tree collection with the combination of SHIFT + TRACK SELECT buttons . But i believe the way i place it its better and you can use the filter effect from the effects .

i would like to make the TRACK SELECT button behave like the FILTER button (browsing tree i made) and the FILTER button behave like the TRACK SELECT but i can't do it (feels like stupid here)

1 thing i cant understand is what the beat jump button does in the original mapping ?
Erma Genta
Hey Many THANKS !!!!

I'll try that thank you for taking some time to help appreciated !

pictures are very enlightening

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy