Behringer CMD Series

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Behringer CMD SeriesReply
Behringer CMD Series
Posted on: 05.05.2012 by Pennie Cyriac
Hey DJTT community,

Does anyone know when the Behringer CMD series units are going to be available? I'm looking forward to trying these out.

http://www.djranking s.com/2012/01/2...s-on-a-budget/
Kellie Myrum
MIDI range

min=0
max=1

max=2 (flash)
Hipolito Scionti
I can't map the Sync light to be blue when sync is on.... any ideas what i'm doing wrong?
Kellie Myrum
No they are just red but yeah when I got them they seem more amber-ish which was totally cool by me.
Taylor Reineck
are these "neon orange" caps?
Kellie Myrum
I have some of these:

Looks nice with this amber backlight LED's in my opinion.
Taylor Reineck
Yeah looking forward for the chroma caps. Im not sure yet which colors match good
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by rakim77
I recieved my CMD MM1 today, its gorgeous! Good knobs and faders, nice feeling and good quality. Especially the USB hub is very handy. I also like the size cause it perfectly matches to my other gear and replaces my old damaged analog mixer

Foto 05.07.13 19 56 18.jpg
Nice! Next stop Chroma Caps
Taylor Reineck
I recieved my CMD MM1 today, its gorgeous! Good knobs and faders, nice feeling and good quality. Especially the USB hub is very handy. I also like the size cause it perfectly matches to my other gear and replaces my old damaged analog mixer

Foto 05.07.13 19 56 18.jpg
Logan Lassey
Will do!
Think it will take 3 or 4 days to turn up from Germany.
Cassie Sangermano
Really temped to pick up a CMD micro as a backup if my MC6000 ever decided to fail on me at a gig. Give us a run down of what it's like when you receive it!!!
Logan Lassey
Just ordered the CMD Micro.
Planning to use it with DJ Player on the iPad as a super-portable setup for house parties etc.
Interested to see how well I can get it working to my liking with the DJ Player software - will report back soon.
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by kooper1980
That thing lights up like a Christmas tree!! It looks awesome!!
It's a pretty thing, no doubt!
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by MaxOne
PL-1 in my "Show Set Up" thread

Check it http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=73231
That thing lights up like a Christmas tree!! It looks awesome!!
Hipolito Scionti
PL-1 in my "Show Set Up" thread

Check it http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=73231
Kellie Myrum
Rotary fit perfect.
Rubberized faders become loosed.
Glow in dark fader still rocking solid.
Taylor Reineck
I wonder if the Chroma Caps fit on the CMD Series Controller?
Kellie Myrum
The PL-1 performance Traktor mapping is up.

https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1676
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by KingCast
Thanks for backing me up, and I absolutely love your idea of using the C & D buttons as a shift function!!! I'm gonna get working on that right away.
Those C and D buttons are actually switching layer of MIDI massages to other channel making it impossible to have those buttons work as hold type shift modifier.
Lucinda Keill
Originally Posted by partylike1369
Today i learned a new word: Rebuttal

I thought nothing less than it was a mapping issue, but thanks for confirming it! It sort of sounded on the DDT review that it was an hardware issue or not fixable. But as you say, anyone who knows, these things can get sorted out, but for a new person in the business it could have been interpreted as if it wasn't.
I understand though that he reviewed the unit and the LE version that it came with. But he could have mentioned the possibilities available. No gain? Use the high EQ knob for it and use the kill switch for eq business. Or the other way around, use the kill switch as a shift key with maybe jogwheel to fix gain.

I really hope that people going into digital dj'ing, even for the first time, give making personal mappings a try! That i have always assumed at least. It's cheap to upgrade to full version of deckadance and Traktor will probably go on a 50% sale soon enough.
Not sure but you can get deckadance for 40% of at http://www.jrrshop.com/image-line-deckadance-2 - add "community " as a coupon and get another 10% off (43$ but for europe i believe taxes are added - still cheap!!)

C and D buttons are good candidates for shift functions also!
Thanks for backing me up, and I absolutely love your idea of using the C & D buttons as a shift function!!! I'm gonna get working on that right away.
Yuko Scheid
Hello everyone,

i need some help with my cmd mm1 controller and traktor. It is freezing every now and then, when i use it in traktor 2 pro. I have to unplug it from usb and power ad replug it again, sometimes more than one time. I really dunno where the problem is here. please someone help.
Yuko Scheid
Hello everyone,
i have a serious problem with my new cmd mm1 controller, it seems to freeze in traktor pro 2, what actually means unplug it from power and usb and replugg several times before you can go on mixing. Can someone please help me ?
Logan Lassey
Originally Posted by Stewe
4.5cm is the box solo
Oh right. Wow that is kinda thick isn't it?

Well that's actually pretty good news if you were hoping there was some space in there for modding...

Thanks again for the info.
Kellie Myrum
Saying that, I had some crazy idea for those button assignments...
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Paco Loco
Thanks very much Stewe.

I assume 4.5cm height includes the knobs/faders? Could you tell me the height of just the box itself?
4.5cm is the box solo
Logan Lassey
30.5 x 15.2 x 4.5 cm
Thanks very much Stewe.

I assume 4.5cm height includes the knobs/faders? Could you tell me the height of just the box itself?
Alecia Guman
Today i learned a new word: Rebuttal

I thought nothing less than it was a mapping issue, but thanks for confirming it! It sort of sounded on the DDT review that it was an hardware issue or not fixable. But as you say, anyone who knows, these things can get sorted out, but for a new person in the business it could have been interpreted as if it wasn't.
I understand though that he reviewed the unit and the LE version that it came with. But he could have mentioned the possibilities available. No gain? Use the high EQ knob for it and use the kill switch for eq business. Or the other way around, use the kill switch as a shift key with maybe jogwheel to fix gain.

I really hope that people going into digital dj'ing, even for the first time, give making personal mappings a try! That i have always assumed at least. It's cheap to upgrade to full version of deckadance and Traktor will probably go on a 50% sale soon enough.
Not sure but you can get deckadance for 40% of at http://www.jrrshop.com/image-line-deckadance-2 - add "community " as a coupon and get another 10% off (43$ but for europe i believe taxes are added - still cheap!!)

Gene Maksym
Just got my mm-1 and pl-1 today, of course as soon as i go to download the pl-1 mapping the links are dead on the Behringer site. Build quality is ok about the same as the ddm4000 faders wobble side to side as well as the knobs, other than that they are pretty nice controllers especially at the price point.

IMG_20130701_235454.jpg
Verlene Geevarghese
Originally Posted by nem0nic
Losing the silkscreen isn't a tradeoff for price, it's a manufacturing problem. If I had to guess, I would say that some of the pre-production faceplates made it to the production models. But until I hear from our factory, I won't know for sure. This is actually a problem we knew about with the pre-production units and addressed for the production run. And the silkscreen on the production units I have don't scratch off, or rub off with alcohol (one of the ways we test the silkscreen). So this sounds like a problem at the factory.
That's good stuff to know. These really do look like some nice professional pieces of kit, and it would have been a shame for the silkscreening to have been substandard.
Lucinda Keill
I believe that DDJT was pointing it out as a software integration issue more then the actual unit. They are Traktor friendly too.
I like Phil, I believe he's a great reviewer, I've been watching his stuff for years but because the Studio 4a's target demographic is mainly new and budget djs, they might not know better and take his review as a conclusive take on it. I've been supporting the CMD line for a long time, I just want to make sure they get there fair shot.
Kellie Myrum
I believe that DDJT was pointing it out as a software integration issue more then the actual unit. They are Traktor friendly too.
Lucinda Keill

digitaldjtips!
I made a quick rebuttal video in response to digital dj tips.

Diogo Dj Dragão
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Just out of interest, is the factory producing the CMD series the Hanpin one?
We own our own factory, and are in the process of building another one.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by KingCast
I've been using my Studio 4a non stop with absolutely no signs of wear. Like in everything you'll ever buy if you take care of something, it will last forever. I would have to blame premature wear on the user. Plus in the photo, it gives the impression that the cross fader is rubbing against the controller's face plate when in reality it doesn't. So just don't touch the markings and there won't be a problem.
Good point, I am extremely careful with everything I have, although it looks like I beat it up when I play. I doubt I would have a hard time keeping it mint.

Might look into one or two of these toys.
Alecia Guman

digitaldjtips!
Janyce Henningson
I believe they have their own factory, and it's massive.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by nem0nic
Losing the silkscreen isn't a tradeoff for price, it's a manufacturing problem. If I had to guess, I would say that some of the pre-production faceplates made it to the production models. But until I hear from our factory, I won't know for sure. This is actually a problem we knew about with the pre-production units and addressed for the production run. And the silkscreen on the production units I have don't scratch off, or rub off with alcohol (one of the ways we test the silkscreen). So this sounds like a problem at the factory.
Diogo Dj Dragão
I know there has to be some trade offs since the prices are so damn competitive (read: cheap), but losing the print in the first couple of weeks?
Lucinda Keill
Originally Posted by Kwal
I just looked these up for the first time and they look sweet, but after reading a few pages here it seems that they wear out quickly...
I've been using my Studio 4a non stop with absolutely no signs of wear. Like in everything you'll ever buy if you take care of something, it will last forever. I would have to blame premature wear on the user. Plus in the photo, it gives the impression that the cross fader is rubbing against the controller's face plate when in reality it doesn't. So just don't touch the markings and there won't be a problem.
Hellen Mindrup
Where have you been since 2011? :P
Playing hockey

Getting my own gear is a recent thing, so I never knew what there really was on the market outside of the basic Pioneer setup I learned on.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Kwal
I just looked these up for the first time and they look sweet, but after reading a few pages here it seems that they wear out quickly...
Where have you been since 2011? :P

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy