Behringer CMD Series

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Behringer CMD SeriesReply
Behringer CMD Series
Posted on: 05.05.2012 by Pennie Cyriac
Hey DJTT community,

Does anyone know when the Behringer CMD series units are going to be available? I'm looking forward to trying these out.

http://www.djranking s.com/2012/01/2...s-on-a-budget/
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by geminimech
That sucks.

I know there has to be some trade offs since the prices are so damn competitive (read: cheap), but losing the print in the first couple of weeks? Really looking at an LC-1/MM-1/DC-1 as a 4 deck dj/hybrid production ableton set-up, and while I ultimately have to bite the bullet since I won't find anything that has the functionality I'm looking for outside of those three controllers in an existing live controller, I'll be pretty chuffed if they start looking like doots after the first week or two.
I just looked these up for the first time and they look sweet, but after reading a few pages here it seems that they wear out quickly...
Verlene Geevarghese
That sucks.

I know there has to be some trade offs since the prices are so damn competitive (read: cheap), but losing the print in the first couple of weeks? Really looking at an LC-1/MM-1/DC-1 as a 4 deck dj/hybrid production ableton set-up, and while I ultimately have to bite the bullet since I won't find anything that has the functionality I'm looking for outside of those three controllers in an existing live controller, I'll be pretty chuffed if they start looking like doots after the first week or two.
Diogo Dj Dragão
So that's the deal with production models too? ...
That shouldn't be happening with the production models. I'll look into it.
Diogo Dj Dragão
Originally Posted by johnvo93
Can anyone help me out? traktor won't recognize my 4a as an audio device. i can use the controller and use my computers sound card but i wana use the 4a's sound card. thanks.
Are you a Windows user? You'll need the ASIO driver.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products...oftwareContent
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by sushibowl
I have the same problem with the aluminum printing coming off really easily. I took a couple pictures to demonstrate the issue:

IMG_20130628_114424.jpg
IMG_20130628_114433.jpg

My Studio 4A model number is: S1300476809, date code: 1305
So that's the deal with production models too? ...
Kellie Myrum
30.5 x 15.2 x 4.5 cm
Logan Lassey
I am trying to find the exact dimensions of the MM-1 module but can't seem to locate them online - anyone here know them?
Thanks, P
Alecia Guman
So guys, more opinions on the stuff you bought please!!!
I just bought some hardware (machinedrum, analog4) so i have to wait for CMD's to enter my home.
The Studio 4A would probably give the best dj experience (remember this is my (almost) first attempt at dj'ing). But a combo of MM, PL and DC would give a very nice addition to my DAW.

The DC could use the 16 pads to select tracks (trying to use a minimum of them!) and then the 1-8 could select busses. So many options!!! Is it possible to use the CMD program to figure out what possibilities are on how to program the units? Even if not having a unit yet i mean.
Elnora Marking
I have the same problem with the aluminum printing coming off really easily. I took a couple pictures to demonstrate the issue:

IMG_20130628_114424.jpg
IMG_20130628_114433.jpg

My Studio 4A model number is: S1300476809, date code: 1305
Mireya Buttiglieri
Can anyone help me out? traktor won't recognize my 4a as an audio device. i can use the controller and use my computers sound card but i wana use the 4a's sound card. thanks.
Shanelle Corre
Originally Posted by nem0nic
That's what I'm wondering as well.
Sorry for late answer...

The production code for my Studio 4A is: S1300457809. Date: 1305
Alecia Guman
Originally Posted by kooper1980
EH? Have i missed an announcement?
dito!

This changes things..!

How is deckadance's sampleplayers compared to remixdecks? (believeing layering loops here)
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Stewe
Now that NI got remix deck unlocked the DC-1 looks even more attractive.
EH? Have i missed an announcement?
Emelina Chillson
Im gonna be picking up an LC1 for the remix decks if all goes planned with my beta mapping for the x1.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
I did a quick and dirty Remix Deck mapping for the DC-1 if anyone wants to give it a play through. This isn't the final by any means, because there are restrictions (you have to assign deck D to your remix deck). But I was getting my head around the new features and I thought you guys might like a taste.

DC-1 REMIX.tsi
Grabbed. Will give it a whirl. Good work mate.

It's very kind of you and thanks for good words Karl. There is a time and we can still talk about this since I'll be very busy finishing my Ultimate Spectra mapping (it's f* huge) and right after that I'll probably have the Livid BASE waiting for me to land. I'll also be updating my CNTRL:R mapping for the remix deck functionality so all this could take me a two months or so to wrap it up.

We'll keep it touch mate!

Cheers!
Yeah totally. Let's see where we are in a little while.

Totally cool by me!
Excellent. Although I may change my mind now you have done a mapping but seriously, If I am not getting much use from it, I may as well spread the love.
Kellie Myrum
you have to assign deck D to your remix deck
I'd map deck flavor selector to all pads. Hit any and boom.
Diogo Dj Dragão
Listen dude I m trying to work my way around the CMD line but in all honesty I probably wont have much need for the DC-1 although I will map it and give some feedback to Craig, I have numerous similar controllers.
Maybe I can just send you this one if you will get some use from it. Im sure nem0nic will be cool with that.
Totally cool by me!
Kellie Myrum
It's very kind of you and thanks for good words Karl. There is a time and we can still talk about this since I'll be very busy finishing my Ultimate Spectra mapping (it's f* huge) and right after that I'll probably have the Livid BASE waiting for me to land. I'll also be updating my CNTRL:R mapping for the remix deck functionality so all this could take me a two months or so to wrap it up.

We'll keep it touch mate!

Cheers!
Diogo Dj Dragão
I did a quick and dirty Remix Deck mapping for the DC-1 if anyone wants to give it a play through. This isn't the final by any means, because there are restrictions (you have to assign deck D to your remix deck). But I was getting my head around the new features and I thought you guys might like a taste.

DC-1 REMIX.tsi
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Novak Djokovic
Ahem *Murray* coming after ya.

Also next to a canal.
Nice.

Listen dude I m trying to work my way around the CMD line but in all honesty I probably wont have much need for the DC-1 although I will map it and give some feedback to Craig, I have numerous similar controllers.
Maybe I can just send you this one if you will get some use from it. Im sure nem0nic will be cool with that.

Im considering getting another PL-1 to make a full S4 type controller and I am using the Micro on a weekly basis (that thing has been a God Send).

Let me see how I get on with things but It's better to have the DC-1 being used than sat on a shelf and theres no-one gonna get more use from it than you.
Kellie Myrum
I live in Serbia (europe) - exit festival, Novak Djokovic

edit:

Also next to a canal.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Where do you live Stewe?
Kellie Myrum
There's some potential indeed. Now I wish I asked nem0nic for the DC-1 instead for MM-1...
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Whenever your ready with a mapping my man...!!! The DC-1 has so much potential, I believe one of your mappings might finally break my brain

Kellie Myrum
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
Fun Times Ahead.

+1
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by MaxOne
I just put in my order for a PL1
Fun Times Ahead.

Hipolito Scionti
I just put in my order for a PL1
Alphonso Deitchman
Do you have production model?
He got it from Thomann based on the earlier posts to this thread.
Kellie Myrum
Yeah, I know that my crossfader went completely bold after couple of months.
Diogo Dj Dragão
That's what I'm wondering as well.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by djcharlie
Gotta make some comment on the build quality here...

Knobs are really good, buttons seems sturdy but a bit squichy in the middle. Best controls you can get in this pricerange! No competition!

But: Printing on the aluminium comes off really easy with a bit of handgrease. I've completely rubbed off the xfader-lines with only a few hours use.

It needs a final coating after printing to be perfect imho.

The printing on the plastic holds up a lot better.

Another 5 cents from a really impressed noob
Shanelle Corre
Gotta make some comment on the build quality here...

Knobs are really good, buttons seems sturdy but a bit squichy in the middle. Best controls you can get in this pricerange! No competition!

But: Printing on the aluminium comes off really easy with a bit of handgrease. I've completely rubbed off the xfader-lines with only a few hours use.

It needs a final coating after printing to be perfect imho.

The printing on the plastic holds up a lot better.

Another 5 cents from a really impressed noob
Aura Ralya
I got my Studio 4a and i am extremely pleased with it. It's my first console and it was well worth the wait. Deckadance is a little buggy at times though so i believe ill stick to traktor.
Javier Rowinsky
It looks like most of the initial run has sold out.
Props, that was quick
Diogo Dj Dragão
It looks like most of the initial run has sold out.
Ilana Enderson
Well in Canada they are saying end of July now - every single time I've asked them it gets postponed - this is such a joke! You can't even get the LC-1 from unique squared.
Logan Lassey
Thanks for the info Karlos.
Is this the thread you were referring to?
http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=188976
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Yeah we has this whole massive thread on power/audio for the iPad on the NI community . People tried every conceivable hub, connector that was available.
Fact is only the Z1, Apogee Duet (Mac), Vestax Spin and a few other devices could do both (power/audio) with a proprietary cable and of course some voodoo inside the unit.

The debate was large enough that I believe this was partly responsible for NI producing the Z1 (plus other factors).
Logan Lassey
You cannot.
The iPad cannot be powered via the CCK.
Oh. Thanks for clearing that up.

All of a sudden the Z1 just got a lot more attractive...

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy