Behringer CMD Series

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Behringer CMD SeriesReply
Behringer CMD Series
Posted on: 05.05.2012 by Pennie Cyriac
Hey DJTT community,

Does anyone know when the Behringer CMD series units are going to be available? I'm looking forward to trying these out.

http://www.djranking s.com/2012/01/2...s-on-a-budget/
Silva Oatis
Originally Posted by KingCast
Here are the TSI files https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3uhzksuot...tor%20TSIs.zip

And this should be the midi maps https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpp5pbxg2l...IDI%20Maps.zip

Hope that helps!
Cool . I will grab those maps and tweak them. I am hoping users won't miss the keylock and cue delete functions on those buttons. I am turning them into shift buttons.
Lucinda Keill
Originally Posted by silky303
I don't own the Studio 4a myself but am considering getting one to replace my old and wearing out Hercules RMX. Looks like a solid Traktor controller for that even a poor guy like me could afford. Anyways I was replying to mapping idea. I have been believeing about doing a map for the 4a despite not having the unit myself. I looked at the layout on it and had some ideas. I believe there is downloadable chart on Behringer's with all the midi data (midi notes & cc's) . If I have that info I could do a map easily. I wouldn't mind having a nice map ready incase I do get this controller.
Here are the TSI files https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3uhzksuot...tor%20TSIs.zip

And this should be the midi maps https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpp5pbxg2l...IDI%20Maps.zip

Hope that helps!
Kiyoko Wellisch
I set the page size to be as large as possible so I don't have to frequently click on the annoying "next page" button.
Brunilda Kora
Forum settings?

Educate me.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Doubt it, with the correct community settings we're still on 49
Brunilda Kora
Will this thread hit 200 pages?
Silva Oatis
Originally Posted by KingCast
Hey guys, anybody have any Traktor maps for the Studio 4a, that you don't mind sharing. I'm trying to get a few more people on board with the Studio 4a that are Traktor only users but they don't care for the TSI on the Behringer website and I kinda agree with them, especially when it comes to looping, it's a mess. Thanks for any help!
I don't own the Studio 4a myself but am considering getting one to replace my old and wearing out Hercules RMX. Looks like a solid Traktor controller for that even a poor guy like me could afford. Anyways I was replying to mapping idea. I have been believeing about doing a map for the 4a despite not having the unit myself. I looked at the layout on it and had some ideas. I believe there is downloadable chart on Behringer's with all the midi data (midi notes & cc's) . If I have that info I could do a map easily. I wouldn't mind having a nice map ready incase I do get this controller.
Lucinda Keill
Hey guys, anybody have any Traktor maps for the Studio 4a, that you don't mind sharing. I'm trying to get a few more people on board with the Studio 4a that are Traktor only users but they don't care for the TSI on the Behringer website and I kinda agree with them, especially when it comes to looping, it's a mess. Thanks for any help!
Kellie Myrum
CMD MM-1 custom 2 deck .tsi
Hipolito Scionti
Any one in Uk interested in a pl1? Pm ill sort out pics etc but basically it's boxed and like new. Used it a hand full of times
Candelaria Spoelhof
Really Love the design of the CMD series controllers, especially the PL-1. I, however, am not a DJ, i'm a visualist. I intend to use four PL-1s and two LC-1s to control a system of VDMX, Max/Jitter, and some Processing sketches for live performances. Before buying the whole kit I picked up a single PL-1 and have a LC-1 on its way for testing.

After a few hours with the PL-1 i've become Very concerned, as there are a number of roadblocks I haven't figured out and fear are firmware limitations. I really hope there is some "raw midi" mode I haven't found access to yet that would resolve some of these oddities.

The first issue I found was the inability to turn the LEDs off. After looking over this thread I see this is already a known issue. Very sad, this may be a dealbreaker right off the bat.

The biggest problem I have aside from turning the LEDs off is the encoder's LED rings. Their behavior is Really bizarre and like none i've ever seen in a midi controller before. Instead of receiving 0-127 and scaling it to the available LEDs, it requires 0-12. This means I cant send a straight value echo to get the LED matching up with the parameter. Most software I use isn't even capable of achieving range scaling on its output like this. Also, has anyone found a fill or pan LED mode yet?

Then I discovered the encoders are sending relative cc changes, which I'd typically be thrilled about, but really need the ability to set some or all of them to absolute full range (0-127) for a lot of less advanced software.

Love that the vertical fader uses the high resolution pitch wheel channel, but would really be nice if I could get it on a plain CC. It already has an address for the LED feedback, why not send it on there as well?

The final issue i'm having is the deck select button, which seems to be hard-coded to cycle the channel number. Again, i'm really hoping for a "dumb" midi mode so I can make use of this big button and just set the channel manually per device.

Has anyone been able to get a sysex dump out of these things yet? I suspect some of my issues could be resolved by flipping some of the right bits, but I can't find any substantial documentation on it and cant get the thing to give me a sysex config dump.

I'm already dreading the arrival of my LC-1, as i'm sure it will have the same missing LED off state and bizarre encoder LED range. Ive waited with anticipation for over a year now to get my hands on what I believe is the best individual video MIDI controller ever designed.
Diogo Dj Dragão
Originally Posted by JustWatchMe
So I just picked up the MM1 today and she feels very solid. Just what I've been looking for.
Problem is I use live and their site downloads are down for some reason. I'd really like to not have to map it every time manually. Anyone got it?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yk8fbkq3zv...%20Scripts.zip
Cherry Esken
Originally Posted by JustWatchMe
So I just picked up the MM1 today and she feels very solid. Just what I've been looking for.

Problem is I use live and their site downloads are down for some reason. I'd really like to not have to map it every time manually. Anyone got it?

Cheers
Page 188 reply no. 1873
Cherry Esken
Thank you kindly
Shay Wyche
Not forgetting Stewe, obviously. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with that mapping. Thanks mate.
Shay Wyche
You are a kind and generous man, Nemonic. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Ta.
Rolande Dabbraccio

Cheers
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by nem0nic
MM-1 is CH5 by default for the shipping models. Here is the list...

- PL-1 -> midi output channels 1,2,3,4
- MM-1 -> midi output channel 5
- DC-1 -> midi output channel 6
- DV-1 -> midi output channel 7
- LC-1 -> midi output channel 8
Dang... I'll update the file then, thanks for the edit.
Diogo Dj Dragão
Originally Posted by Stewe
@ nem0nic

Can you confirm in which channel are all the MM-1 production models operating?
MM-1 is CH5 by default for the shipping models. Here is the list...

- PL-1 -> midi output channels 1,2,3,4
- MM-1 -> midi output channel 5
- DC-1 -> midi output channel 6
- DV-1 -> midi output channel 7
- LC-1 -> midi output channel 8
Diogo Dj Dragão
Right now downloads from the Behringer website are hit or miss, so use this link for the Traktor TSI files...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3uhzksuot...tor%20TSIs.zip

This should get you up and running until things get sorted out. And you can get a CH5 version of that TSI right here...

Stewe's CMD MM1 isolate 0.1.0CH5.tsi
Kellie Myrum
@ nem0nic

Can you confirm in which channel are all the MM-1 production models operating?
Mohammad Bouquin
Originally Posted by Archies'bald
Hi Guys. I got my MM-1 today and downloaded the rather excellent looking mapping from Stewe here http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=72493

My problem is the same as one of the other posters and that my unit is set to midi channel 5. Is there any simple way of changing the channel to 1 rather than going through the mapping and changing all the midi channels there?

Any help greatly received.
If you're on a Mac, you can open the .tsi in Xtreme Mapping and change the channel on all the controls in one go.
Shay Wyche
Hell, come to believe of it I can't even find the original tsi file. Do I require Dropbox to download Nemonics file, as all I'm getting is a jpeg.
Shay Wyche
Hi Guys. I got my MM-1 today and downloaded the rather excellent looking mapping from Stewe here http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=72493

My problem is the same as one of the other posters and that my unit is set to midi channel 5. Is there any simple way of changing the channel to 1 rather than going through the mapping and changing all the midi channels there?

Any help greatly received.
Kellie Myrum
Out of the barbershop

Kellie Myrum
Nice! Thanks again.
Missy Dedonato
Your encoder performance issue can be caused by a couple different things. It's possible that you have the wrong type of encoder data selected in Live. You want to select the binary offset encoder type. If you do that and it's still too slow, you can use a plugin like Mapulator (http://www.bentosan.net/blog/2012/3/22/mapulator.html) to adjust performance (since Live doesn't offer this functionality on it's own). If you're still not happy, it's possible to change the encoder output on the CMD controllers to absolute, via a SYSEX message.
Hey Nem0nic, thanks for all your input and advice in this thread. It's great to have somebody who knows the products inside and out taking the time to help people out. I just got an LC-1 and have been having the slow encoder/wonky led problem when I try to override device control with regular MIDI mappings to other effects. I assume this is because the encoders are set to relative binary in the firmware (at least, that's what I believe I'm seeing when I get the values transmitted off the encoders). They work fine when trying to control Rack Macros, but I'm trying to control multiple effects across different tracks with one knob.

Would changing the encoders to absolute via SYSEX resolve this issue? Would the LED rings still track the MIDI mapped control in Ableton? How does one go about sending this SYSEX message, ie what message do you send to the LC-1 to change that? Is this documented anywhere?

Thanks for your time.
Jason
Cherry Esken
Hey Craig,

Do you mind putting the TSI's up for us as we cant get them anywhere else.

Thanks in advance

Ray
Arielle Goodling
Got my MM-1 yesterday, and already loving it. I paired it with X1 Mk2 and F1 and it's exactly what I've been looking for. Feels solid, does what it's meant to, stock mapping was good and after a couple of modifications it does what I want. Only downside I can believe of right now is that I'd like the knobs to have a bit clearer center-detention... But overall, it's feeling awesome

Also I bought Magma KNTRL RMX case for my MM-1. It's meant for Pioneer Rmx-1000 but is perfect for MM-1.
Diogo Dj Dragão
Hey Craig,

Do you mind uploading MIDI for the rest of CMD? This might come in useful for my custom mapping service. Thanks!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpp5pbxg2l...IDI%20Maps.zip

There ya go!
Greg Gow
Hey Craig,

Do you mind uploading MIDI for the rest of CMD? Thanks!
+1
Cherry Esken
Why are my comments not showing in the community . I am feeling slightly picked on at the mo, i have said nothing offensive i am on topic so whats the problem? 1st comment that wasn't shown was a thank you to menOmic for making Ableton files available. The second was me asking for tsi files for cmd DC-1 which arrived thursday and also for the PL-1 tsi files as im ordering it on Monday. I wouldn't dream of pestering anyone for these files under normal circumstances but i have spent
Lucinda Keill
Done and done. Here's the new thread link. http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=75378
Sorry for mucking up the thread guys!
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
no worries mate, but what do you want the button and led to do?

Something I would suggest is emulate traktors advanced and chained effects eg.

knob 2
var 'chained' ? effect 1 slider 1 : effect slider 1

button 2
var 'chained' ? effect 1 active : effect active

led 2
var 'chained' ? effect 1 active ? on : off : effect active ? on : off

knob 3
var 'chained' ? effect 2 slider 1 : effect slider 2

button 3
var 'chained' ? effect 2 active : effect button 1

led 3
var 'chained' ? effect 2 active ? on : off : effect button 1 1 ? on : off

knob 4
var 'chained' ? var 'select' ? effect 2 select : effect 1 select : effect select

button 4
toggle 'chained' & set 'select' while_pressed

led 4
var 'chained' ? on : off

now you will change the effect parameters. If the led is off you will control parameters 1 & 2 of the selected effect and the first button with knob 2's button. However if the fourth led is on you have activated the 'chained' shift which will control the activation and first parameter of the effects in slot's 1 & 2, You will probably need a different skin to see the slots though.

One annoying unavoidable thing with the mapping is that to select different effects in slot 2 you need to start with the fourth led off, press and hold the fourth button and now you will be able to change the second effect, as long as you have the fourth led on you will be able to change slot 1.

There is a million other things you could do, if you don't like it let me know. And once again you should start a new thread, most of this coding just adding junk to the thread and not really applicable for everyone.
Kellie Myrum
Hey Craig,

Do you mind uploading MIDI for the rest of CMD? This might come in useful for my custom mapping service. Thanks!
Lucinda Keill
Originally Posted by synthet1c
that will work fine. If you want to do something more indepth let me know.
BUMP for assistance

Ok this is the latest everything except for one led is working perfectly. The 4th fx led still toggles on and off when any of the other effects are engaged. Other than that this is beautiful, thank you sooo much for the help, I still have a long way to go before i really understand the vdj language but I love all the options. SERIOUSLY thanks for all the help!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="BeCMDSTUDIO" description="Behringer CMD Studio 4A 2 beta 2.5" version="740" date="04/09/2013">
<map value="ONINIT" action="set &quot;FXSel&quot; 0" />
<map value="BROWSE" action="param_multiply 10% &amp; browser_scroll" />
<map value="LEFT" action="browser_folder" />
<map value="RIGHT" action="browser_window &quot;folders&quot; ? browser_window &quot;songs&quot; : browser_window &quot;playlist&quot;" />
<map value="ENTER" action="playlist_add" />
<map value="LEFTDECK" action="action_deck 1 ? deck 1 leftdeck : deck 3 leftdeck" />
<map value="RIGHTDECK" action="action_deck 2 ? deck 2 rightdeck : deck 4 rightdeck" />
<map value="KNB_FX1" action="filter" />
<map value="KNB_FX2" action="effect slider 1" />
<map value="KNB_FX3" action="effect slider 2" />
<map value="KNB_FX4" action="effect select" />
<map value="FX1" action="var &apos;FXSel&apos; 1 ? effect &apos;backspin&apos; active : effect &apos;dsp_distorter&apos; active" />
<map value="FX2" action="var &apos;FXSel&apos; 1 ? effect &apos;brake&apos; active : effect &apos;flanger&apos; active" />
<map value="FX3" action="var &apos;FXSel&apos; 1 ? effect &apos;flangedLoopOut&apos; active : effect &apos;dsp_reverb&apos; active" />
<map value="FX4" action="effect active" />
<map value="LOOP_HALF" action="loop_half" />
<map value="LOOP_DBLE" action="loop_double" />
<map value="LOOP" action="loop" />
<map value="SCRATCH" action="vinyl_mode" />
<map value="JOG_TOUCH" action="touchwheel_touch" />
<map value="JOG" action="touchwheel" />
<map value="PITCH" action="pitch_slider" />
<map value="PITCHBEND-" action="seek -3" />
<map value="PITCHBEND+" action="seek +3" />
<map value="CUE" action="cue_stop" />
<map value="PLAY_PAUSE" action="play_pause" />
<map value="SYNC" action="sync" />
<map value="HOT_CUE_1" action="var &quot;delCue&quot; ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1" />
<map value="HOT_CUE_2" action="var &quot;delCue&quot; ? delete_cue 2 : hot_cue 2" />
<map value="HOT_CUE_3" action="var &quot;delCue&quot; ? delete_cue 3 : hot_cue 3" />
<map value="HOT_CUE_4" action="sampler 1 play_stop" />
<map value="HOT_CUE_5" action="sampler 2 play_stop" />
<map value="HOT_CUE_6" action="sampler 3 play_stop" />
<map value="HOT_CUE_7" action="sampler 4 play_stutter" />
<map value="HOT_CUE_8" action="sampler 5 play_stutter" />
<map value="HOT_CUE_DEL" action="toggle &quot;delCue&quot;" />
<map value="LED_HOT_CUE_1" action="var &quot;delCue&quot; ? hot_cue 1 ? blink : off : hot_cue 1" />
<map value="LED_HOT_CUE_2" action="var &quot;delCue&quot; ? hot_cue 2 ? blink : off : hot_cue 2" />
<map value="LED_HOT_CUE_3" action="var &quot;delCue&quot; ? hot_cue 3 ? blink : off : hot_cue 3" />
<map value="LED_HOT_CUE_4" action="sampler 1 play_stop" />
<map value="LED_HOT_CUE_5" action="sampler 2 play_stop" />
<map value="LED_HOT_CUE_6" action="sampler 3 play_stop" />
<map value="LED_HOT_CUE_7" action="sampler 4 play_stutter" />
<map value="LED_HOT_CUE_8" action="sampler 5 play_stutter" />
<map value="LED_HOT_CUE_DEL" action="var &quot;delCue&quot;" />
<map value="LED_PITCHBEND-" action="on ? seek -3" />
<map value="LED_PITCHBEND+" action="on ? seek +3" />
<map value="LED_CUE" action="loaded ? pause ? blink : cue : off" />
<map value="LED_PLAY_PAUSE" action="loaded ? pause ? blink : play : off" />
<map value="LED_SYNC" action="loaded ? sync : off" />
<map value="LED_LOOP_HALF" action="loop ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_LOOP_DBLE" action="loop ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_LOOP" action="loop ? blink : off" />
<map value="LED_FX1" action="var &apos;FXSel&apos; 1 ? effect &apos;backspin&apos; active on ? on : off : effect &apos;dsp_distorter&apos; active on ? on : off " />
<map value="LED_FX2" action="var &apos;FXSel&apos; 1 ? effect &apos;brake&apos; active on ? on : off : effect &apos;flanger&apos; active on ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_FX3" action="var &apos;FXSel&apos; 1 ? effect &apos;flangedLoopOut&apos; active on ? on : off : effect &apos;dsp_reverb&apos; active on ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_FX4" action="effect active ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_LEFT" action="browser_window &quot;folders&quot;" />
<map value="LED_RIGHT" action="browser_window &quot;songs&quot;" />
<map value="LED_ENTER" action="on" />
<map value="MASTER" action="master_volume" />
<map value="HEADPHONE_MIX" action="headphone_mix" />
<map value="HEADPHONE_VOL" action="headphone_volume" />
<map value="LOAD" action="load" />
<map value="LOAD_FX1" action="set &apos;FXSel&apos; 0" />
<map value="LOAD_FX2" action="set &apos;FXSel&apos; 1" />
<map value="EQ_HIGH" action="gain" />
<map value="EQ_MID" action="key" />
<map value="EQ_LOW" action="eq_low" />
<map value="KILL_EQ_HIGH" action="eq_kill_high" />
<map value="KILL_EQ_MID" action="eq_kill_mid" />
<map value="KILL_EQ_LOW" action="eq_kill_low" />
<map value="PFL" action="pfl" />
<map value="VOLUME" action="volume" />
<map value="CROSSFADER" action="crossfader" />
<map value="VU_METER_R" action="get vu_meter_right" />
<map value="VU_METER_L" action="get vu_meter_left" />
<map value="LED_LOAD_FX2" action="var &apos;FXSel&apos; 1 ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_LOAD" action="on" />
<map value="LED_LOAD_FX1" action="var &apos;FXSel&apos; 0 ? on : off" />
<map value="KEYLOCK" action="pitch_reset" />
<map value="LED_KEYLOCK" action="sync" />
</mapper>
Cherry Esken

Got a DC-1 coming Friday and am ordering a PL-1 on monday so could you please post the TSI's for both of them.

and thanks for the ableton scripts(i did say thanks earlier but it never appeared in the community )
Diogo Dj Dragão
Originally Posted by Fresh
Would be able to upload the PL-1 and DC-1 midi map PDF?
You got it!

CMD-DC-1-MAP.jpgCMD-PL-1-MAP.jpg
Greg Gow
Behringer is having a problem with one of it's data centers.
Hey nem0nic!

Would be able to upload the PL-1 and DC-1 midi map PDF?

Thanks!
Kiyoko Wellisch
It better include a CMD BCR2000 and some DJ audio interfaces (due xmas 2016) :P

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy