Behringer CMD Series

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Behringer CMD SeriesReply
Behringer CMD Series
Posted on: 05.05.2012 by Pennie Cyriac
Hey DJTT community,

Does anyone know when the Behringer CMD series units are going to be available? I'm looking forward to trying these out.

http://www.djranking s.com/2012/01/2...s-on-a-budget/
Mohammad Bouquin
Originally Posted by BCC
It's a bit hard to see in the pictures, but are all three controllers the same height when placed on the cases and do you know if the CMD PL-1's are elevated to standard 12" mixer height.

What DJ software do you use with that setup.
The PL-1's sit at about a quarter to half a centimeter higher than the K2, which is at standard mixer height.

The software is Traktor Pro 2.

Edit: I decided to measure, and they sit exactly half a centimeter higher.
Claudette Darnell
Originally Posted by DarkFoxDK
Nice.

I picked up the CTRL cases from the post office today (also received the replacement K2), and they fit nicely.
There's even room for the USB cable and my tiny USB hub (Not shown).

They also work fine as stands, without too much wobble, about the same as the K2 on top of its case.
It's a bit hard to see in the pictures, but are all three controllers the same height when placed on the cases and do you know if the CMD PL-1's are elevated to standard 12" mixer height.

What DJ software do you use with that setup.
Mohammad Bouquin
Nice.

I picked up the CTRL cases from the post office today (also received the replacement K2), and they fit nicely.
There's even room for the USB cable and my tiny USB hub (Not shown).

They also work fine as stands, without too much wobble, about the same as the K2 on top of its case.

2013-08-16 18.37.11.jpg2013-08-16 18.37.40.jpg2013-08-16 18.38.43.jpg2013-08-16 18.44.16.jpg2013-08-16 18.45.39.jpg2013-08-16 18.45.55.jpg2013-08-16 18.51.48.jpg
Claudette Darnell
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
So, any news with regards to X1/F1 style case/stands? I've finally found a place to live in London so I'm going to have free time again! I'm looking forwards to being able to DJ again and finally put these controllers to good use- so I need to find a way to bring them up to mixer height.
Have been looking for cases like the ones for my Kontrol X1's/F1 without any luck so I made some stands myself out of aluminum sheet metal.
Just some cutting, bending, glue and black paint.

Did one before to get a Kontrol X1 up to the same height as a Kontrol S4 and that is where I got the idea to glue the aluminum piece on top to prevent the controller to move on the stand.
There is also some Ikea VARIERA drawer mat glued under the stands so they don't skid around on the table.

2013-06-21 09.33.20 HDR.jpg2013-06-21 09.33.59 HDR.jpg2013-06-21 09.34.11 HDR.jpg2013-08-16 23.01.38 HDR.jpg2013-08-16 23.02.01 HDR.jpg2013-08-16 23.02.50 HDR.jpg2013-08-16 23.02.40 HDR.jpg
Javier Rowinsky
So i just had my first "real" gig at House of Blues sunset strip last week wednesday DJ'ing. The feeling of getting up there and playing to a room was simply amazing. It was seriously a dream come true. I just wanted to give some love back to everyone here on DJTT, and especially this community , who has answered any of my questions or even just written something that i've been able to apply to myself. Thank you all!

I feel like the CMD series gave me a chance and a nudge towards trying to become a DJ. Big ups to neom0ic for always being around to answer questions, troubleshoot, and give advice to all of us. I believe he deserves a standing applause for all the help he has given to all of us. Thanks again buddy.

With that being said, my set up was CMD-4A, CMD-DV1, MF3D, and laptop and everything worked flawlessly. Props to DJTT, Behringer, and the CMD Series. Thank you everyone!IMG_20130815_135120-1.jpg
Diogo Dj Dragão
If you open the driver applet for the Studio 4a, you'll find a tab that gives you access to something called DPC Latency Checker. Run that while you're DJing and look for spikes. If they correspond to your dropouts, you have some system tuning to do.
Alphonso Deitchman
Sounds like your buffer is still too small.
Darrin Cervera
Hi guys, proud owner of a Studio 4A and I
Kiyoko Wellisch
Ah, I see. Cheers boss!
Mohammad Bouquin
Return for repair or replacement.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Rma?
Mohammad Bouquin
Right, so the issue was that I was running Mac OS 10.7. Upgrading to 10.8 fixed the issue.

I just tried my whole setup (2xPL-1 + A&H Xone:K2) for a few moments, and the layout works just as I imagined and hoped, very awesome!
... Unfortunately the headphone port on the K2 has a bad connection, so I need to RMA it. I seem to have terrible luck with this. :P
Kiyoko Wellisch
Sweet, cheers mate! Looking forward to the follow up
Mohammad Bouquin
Have you tested this? Pictures?
Not yet. I'm going purely by the dimensions of the PL-1, and the internal dimensions of the bag.
If my issue gets resolved I'll get a couple of bags for them, and post pics.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Originally Posted by DarkFoxDK
Oh and on the question of cases/stands; How about the Magma CTRL-Case series?
The RMX version seems to fit nicely: http://www.magma-bags.com/produkte/c...e-rmx-2-e.php3

Perhaps not as solid as the X1 style cases, but seemingly more like the A&H Xone:K2 bag.
Have you tested this? Pictures?
Mohammad Bouquin
Okay, I believe I'll just make the shift button in my mapping disable the pitch fader, so I can do it manually.

With two PL-1's, it shouldn't be needed too often any way.
Diogo Dj Dragão
OK, so this is a Traktor issue. Soft takeover works within a single command. So, if you move the pitch fader of deck A and take it out of sync with the physical fader, the virtual pitch fader position won't update until the PL-1 fader reaches the soft takeover value. However, if you do a deck switch, the software doesn't recognize the need to use the soft takeover logic - even if the value jump is massive.
Diogo Dj Dragão
Hey DF, I responded to your thread at DJF. Soft takeover is indeed enabled in the TSI, but I also see it not working. This might be a Traktor bug, but I'm only checking with 2.6.2. Let me update and verify it's happening on 2.6.3 as well.
Mohammad Bouquin
Now that I've got both of my PL-1's, I have run into an issue I fully thought would've been been handled and avoided by Behringer.

They show up as one device in Audio MIDI Setup on my Mac, as well as in Traktor, and only the last-detected controller gets the midi-out messages...

And then I see a thread like this, which really just crushes my heart... And makes me believe of how I could've spent my money better: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
Mohammad Bouquin
Oh and on the question of cases/stands; How about the Magma CTRL-Case series?
The RMX version seems to fit nicely: http://www.magma-bags.com/produkte/c...e-rmx-2-e.php3

Perhaps not as solid as the X1 style cases, but seemingly more like the A&H Xone:K2 bag.
Mohammad Bouquin
Soft takeover isn't working for the fader in the PL-1 Traktor mapping. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

To reproduce:
- Set pitch
- Switch decks
- Change pitch for other deck
- Switch back to the first deck
- Move fader

Result: the pitch jumps to where the fader was for the other deck, instead of staying put until picked up.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Closed what whats now?
Doreen Schurle
Closed cell foam blocks are a much better solution, I use them to great effect with my Reloop Contours
Kiyoko Wellisch
Hm, I'll certainly look into that. I was wondering what to do with all these empty dvd cases. Thanks dude!
Verlene Geevarghese
Stacked, empty DVD cases and double sided tape. That's my hack solution , not sure how wide these are however so you may have some excess 'casage'.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Back to searching for household objects of an appropriate size and shape, I guess. D:
Diogo Dj Dragão
I have a couple ideas, but nothing solid yet.
Kiyoko Wellisch
So, any news with regards to X1/F1 style case/stands? I've finally found a place to live in London so I'm going to have free time again! I'm looking forwards to being able to DJ again and finally put these controllers to good use- so I need to find a way to bring them up to mixer height.
Javier Rowinsky
Originally Posted by nem0nic
Of course! And it writes in 7 colors.
Like a baoss
Diogo Dj Dragão
Of course! And it writes in 7 colors.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Originally Posted by geminimech
Is the sharpie (if included) going to be warrantied for 3 years?
+ 1

The people need to know.
Verlene Geevarghese
Is the sharpie (if included) going to be warrantied for 3 years?
Kiyoko Wellisch
omg behringer are such a joke. they don't even come with sharpies
Verlene Geevarghese
I believe it should be one of those silvery inked sharpies so it looks purdy.
Kiyoko Wellisch
Black masking tape? What witchcraft is this?
You should totally!
Diogo Dj Dragão
Hahaha! We should include a roll of black masking tape and a white sharpie in the box then?
Kiyoko Wellisch
Nonsense! All you need is a sharpie and some tape ;P
Diogo Dj Dragão
You know, I believe I'd be a hell of a lot more likely to go for the DV-1 if it didn't have all the text on it. I believe the layout could be useful for loads of stuff but the Traktor centric text would do my head in.
Without the text as a reference, we really would need to go with RGB LEDs on the unit to help people track the modality - it's actually a pretty complex controller.
Kiyoko Wellisch
You know, I believe I'd be a hell of a lot more likely to go for the DV-1 if it didn't have all the text on it. I believe the layout could be useful for loads of stuff but the Traktor centric text would do my head in.
Brunilda Kora
Yes. Very cool.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy