Behringer CMD Series

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Behringer CMD SeriesReply
Behringer CMD Series
Posted on: 05.05.2012 by Pennie Cyriac
Hey DJTT community,

Does anyone know when the Behringer CMD series units are going to be available? I'm looking forward to trying these out.

http://www.djranking s.com/2012/01/2...s-on-a-budget/
Diogo Dj Dragão
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
Just a quicky. Are the Traktor TSI only compatible with Traktor 2.6 ?
Got a user at NI who cannot get his 4A working on 2.5
Well, I did them in the latest version of Traktor, but I haven't tested to see how backwards compatible they are.
Lucinda Keill
Ok so for me, my long wait is finally over, I just got back from a mini vaca and my studio 4a was waiting for me. I gave deckadance a quick test and the controller wasnt responsive at all, I had previously downloaded the deckadance demo a month or so ago and for whatever reason it wouldnt work with the studio 4a. I just redownloaded it real quick and everything is working fine now, so just a heads up if you guys had downloaded the demo version awhile ago just redownload and enjoy. Deckadance is cool but Im not to happy with the file managment setup, this is just preliminary so maybe I just don't have it set up right yet, but for now I can't figure out a way to get my already organized files in the side folders for easy access.

Since I do allot of VJ'n, I'll probably end up using the studio 4a with virtual dj anyway, I'll start mapping it tommorow and hopefully I'll get a quick review up after that.

My initial impression of the 4A is that its huge compared to most of the other controllers in it's price range, Personally I dig the size, I believe It looks super professional, the leds are bright and always let you know what your doing. The buttons are very similar to my back up controller's buttons on the Hercules RMX, so no complaints there for me. The jog wheels feel nice, I'm not gonna comment on the responsiveness because I haven;t really played around with em to much, plus that might differ with what program I end up using. The knobs feel pretty good, little slippery at first but I believe that will wear with use.

All and all I'm pretty impressed with how it looks and feels and hopefully tomorrow evening I'll be able to post a quick video review.
Kellie Myrum
All TSI made for 2.6 are compatible to 2.5 - NI didn't change or rename any mapping commands since 2.5
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Just a quicky. Are the Traktor TSI only compatible with Traktor 2.6 ?
Got a user at NI who cannot get his 4A working on 2.5

edit
(why didnt I PM nem0nic)
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by hellnegative
The micro would be an amazing traktor fx controller if turned 90 degrees. I just realized the usb port is on the side. Def buying one.
Exactly my point. Nice 555 post btw
Emelina Chillson
The micro would be an amazing traktor fx controller if turned 90 degrees. I just realized the usb port is on the side. Def buying one.
Javier Rowinsky
Originally Posted by snipaz
Hey DJTT community,

Does anyone know when the Behringer CMD series units are going to be available? I'm looking forward to trying these out.

http://www.djranking s.com/2012/01/2...s-on-a-budget/
wow 5/4/12 OP snipaz started this thread....and it seems we have finally arrived good sir if your still on this community lol
Kellie Myrum
Gaynell Rydberg
Waiting to see what everyone actually believes of them once they're in hand. So do we pretty much have every CMD covered or did everyone buy the MM-1 lol.
Leanora Gerald
Originally Posted by Aleeeeeks
Errmahhhgerrrddddd

Attachment 18340
Javier Rowinsky
Errmahhhgerrrddddd

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 10.06.35 AM.jpg
Salome Latzer
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...m2dvCEhcG6L36X
Videos of how they work, interesting if you are believeing of buying one
Dia Laryea
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4797/r60c.png

OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFOGM

Going to do a review on this as soon as I get it
Javier Rowinsky
Mine should be in on Thursday but I'm going to edc Vegas so can't do a review til I get back. Maybe when the brain cells regenerate.....lol
Lucinda Keill
Originally Posted by aleeeeeks
Agghhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaahhhyyyyyyyyy
lmao!
Kellie Myrum
Awesome guys! I believe I'll be getting one for my CMD setup.
Javier Rowinsky
agghhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaahhhyyyyyyyyy
Javier Rowinsky
Mine too woohooooo!!!!!
Lucinda Keill
We are happy to inform you that your item[s] came in and will ship today! With the information below, you may follow tracking at http://www.ups.com.
Tracking number[s]: 1Z3***********
Your item[s] will ship via: UPS Ground

Order ID: 12000****

Item: Behringer CMD Studio 4A - DJ Controller
Quantity: 1

Please be advised that movement will show by toevening or tomorrow morning. Also, if you attempt to track your package and find that the tracking number was voided [or shows "UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later."], it will become active once it is scanned by UPS.

Thank you very much for your business and your patience.

UniqueSquared.com
Customer Support Team

WooHoo!!! It's finally coming!
Javier Rowinsky
this is super bad ass
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
Here's my recent Karaoke setup. Been meaning to post this up for a few weeks now.
I made this partly for a club I work at but I ended up using it myself cus I need the money after getting married.

Probably the least cool "DJTT" type setup and will no doubt be largely ignored but the Micro was a God send for this setup (thanks to Craig).

I used a 1210 flight case. I was going to have a flight case custom made that housed a laptop but I realised that I would not always use a 15" laptop and that it would also be used by other DJ's who would bring their own laptop.
ALso and mainly, a case that big would not fit on the front seat of my Mini Cooper.

Just un-hook the lid, flip it over. Plop the laptop in place. All the leads are ready to hook up including the VGA to the clubs huge screens. Works a treat.

Just gotta refine the VDJ script for the Micro.

Behringer CMD Micro
Behringer X1204USB Mixer (for 3 mics).
NI Audio 2 DJ soundcard
Groundloop Isolator
Virtual DJ Pro 7

That's pretty badass Karlos
Christi Freeburger
Today i managed to play almost 15 minutes and then it happened again.

this is what it says in OSX log:
13.6.2013 20.55.34,795 Traktor: kCGErrorInvalidConnection: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid connection
13.6.2013 20.55.34,795 Traktor: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
13.6.2013 20.56.30,147 Traktor: kCGErrorInvalidConnection: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid connection

I didnt have time today for trying the decadence.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Here's my recent Karaoke setup. Been meaning to post this up for a few weeks now.
I made this partly for a club I work at but I ended up using it myself cus I need the money after getting married.

Probably the least cool "DJTT" type setup and will no doubt be largely ignored but the Micro was a God send for this setup (thanks to Craig).

I used a 1210 flight case. I was going to have a flight case custom made that housed a laptop but I realised that I would not always use a 15" laptop and that it would also be used by other DJ's who would bring their own laptop.
ALso and mainly, a case that big would not fit on the front seat of my Mini Cooper.

Just un-hook the lid, flip it over. Plop the laptop in place. All the leads are ready to hook up including the VGA to the clubs huge screens. Works a treat.

Just gotta refine the VDJ script for the Micro.

Behringer CMD Micro
Behringer X1204USB Mixer (for 3 mics).
NI Audio 2 DJ soundcard
Groundloop Isolator
Virtual DJ Pro 7

Christi Freeburger
My sample rate is 44100HZ and latency 896 (overall 21,8ms) Im just installing the decadence. lets see whats happening.
Kellie Myrum
Just uploaded MM-1 TSI.

https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1629
Diogo Dj Dragão
Originally Posted by tumo
I havent used deckadance yet.
I am using Traktor scratch pro 2.61. My computer is Macbook pro 2.4ghz i5 4gt. And OS X 10,7,5.
I can usually play for couple of minutes and then it happens. Sound stops and buttons stop working etc..
So what are your audio settings in Traktor? You can find them in PREFERENCES>AUDIO SETUP. Tell me your sample rate and latency.

EDIT - also, try running in Deckadance and see if you have the same issue there.
Christi Freeburger
I havent used deckadance yet.
I am using Traktor scratch pro 2.61. My computer is Macbook pro 2.4ghz i5 4gt. And OS X 10,7,5.
I can usually play for couple of minutes and then it happens. Sound stops and buttons stop working etc..
Diogo Dj Dragão
Originally Posted by djcharlie
Thanks for the quick reply!

It's actually incredible with the designer giving support...try that Pioneer!

I'll look into that info you gave me. I'm not really a Traktor-wiz, still much to learn, so it could be me missing some setting, but it was a clean install, only imported the tsi, but not sure of the ports.
I'll have a look when I'm home.

So incredibly tired today because it's great fun to mix on the 4A...
Hey Charlie, I just realized that I'm a big idiot.

So there's NOTHING wrong with your computer or your setup. It's all on my end. I found a problem in the TSI that shows up when the effects are in SINGLE mode. I've corrected that, and have the updated TSI right here...

S4A_v1.0.tsi

Thanks for helping me find this. Update will go live on the website tomorrow (it takes some time for updates to propagate through to the website).
Diogo Dj Dragão
I just got my CMD-STUDIO 4A yesterday. Im having lot of troubles when trying to use with my macbook pro and Traktor.

When playing music. It just suddenlty mutes, and after that, play button and some other buttons won't work anymore and no sound coming.
Sometimes it helps to restart the controller and sometimes not. Then I can play again for couple of minutes and it happens again.

edit: Now my Mac or Traktor cant even find the Studio 4a interface anymore. tried to restart computer and controller, but nothing seems to help.

edit:Got it working again and now the same thing happened again nothing except couple of buttons work and no sound.

Does anybody know what to do?
Since this is a Mac, I'm going to rule out system issues and go straight to either an improper configuration of the audio settings (like too low a latency), or a bug in the Deckadance software. Open Deckadance and go to the PREFERENCES>AUDIO SETUP and press the SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS button. Under LATENCY, try raising the number of samples and see if that improves performance.

Also, please tell me what Mac you have, what OS version you're running, and if you have other hardware connected.
Christi Freeburger
I used traktor and the tsi file that I downloaded from behringer pages. I couldnt find any other tsi files.

Has anyone else had this kind of problems?
Its pretty hard to try to find advice because there isnt much people who have this controller yet.
Kellie Myrum
I just got my CMD-STUDIO 4A yesterday. Im having lot of troubles when trying to use with my macbook pro and Traktor.

When playing music. It just suddenlty mutes, and after that, play button and some other buttons won't work anymore and no sound coming.
Sometimes it helps to restart the controller and sometimes not. Then I can play again for couple of minutes and it happens again.

edit: Now my Mac or Traktor cant even find the Studio 4a interface anymore. tried to restart computer and controller, but nothing seems to help.

edit:Got it working again and now the same thing happened again nothing except couple of buttons work and no sound.

You tried running your 4A on some other configuration?
Mirtha Kosmin
Originally Posted by Polygon
Go for the s4, absolutely no question about it.
Ah but it's an S2, not an S4. An S4 I would absolutely go for over the 4A, but the S2 looks pretty bare-bones.

tumo, are you working on a Mac or PC? And with Traktor, I assume?
Christi Freeburger
Originally Posted by ialexryan
Aaah! So excited that this is finally out in the real world.

A friend has offered to sell me his new-condition Kontrol S2 for $200...what do you guys believe, S2 or 4A?
200 dollars for S2 is good price and it works really well. So at the moment I would say go for S2.

I got my CMD STUDIO 4A yesterday. And it keeps on freezing after 5 minutes of use. Let see if I can find a way to get it working properly.
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by ialexryan

A friend has offered to sell me his new-condition Kontrol S2 for $200...what do you guys believe, S2 or 4A?
Go for the s4, absolutely no question about it.
Mirtha Kosmin

Emelina Chillson
As soon as the micro is ready locally Ill be picking one up for set prep.
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by makar1
Here's the Micro in front of a MBP 15", which is 364mm wide itself:

(could be the Retina which is 359mm)
It's not the retina because it has "macbook pro" written under the screen
Christi Freeburger

Diogo Dj Dragão
No problem at all. I'm glad to help!
Shanelle Corre
Originally Posted by nem0nic
The TSI for the Studio 4a is pretty simple, and the fact that the 4a uses pots for FX instead of encoders makes the whole deal pretty straightforward. If you're having a problem with FX2, I'm going to guess that there is something in your configuration that is causing a problem. I would guess that either your FX2 is set to SINGLE mode instead of GROUP, or you have the TSI loaded and ALL PORTS set for your device. This could also possibly be caused by another conflicting TSI being loaded into your active devices dropdown.

If you want to PM me, I can get you sorted.

It's actually incredible with the designer giving support...try that Pioneer!

I'll look into that info you gave me. I'm not really a Traktor-wiz, still much to learn, so it could be me missing some setting, but it was a clean install, only imported the tsi, but not sure of the ports.
I'll have a look when I'm home.

So incredibly tired today because it's great fun to mix on the 4A...

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy