Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgradeReply
Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade
Posted on: 20.09.2010 by
PURCHASE THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE KIT (WINDOWS ONLY)
http://ranking s.myshopify.com/produ...-upgrade-cable

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FILE
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-conten.../VCI1001_4.zip

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE UPDATE SOFTWARE (WINDOWS)
http://america.renesas.com/support/d...dt_v405r00.jsp

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST 1.4 COMPATIBLE TSI FILE FOR TRAKOR PRO
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/VCI-100V3_6.zip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dcrsWWTko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDQmEkWBw4
Suzanna Paddock
Originally Posted by flashflooder
EDIT: THE VCI-100SE MAPPING ZIP FILE HAS BEEN UPDATED.
Thanks FlashFlooder. Looking good so far
Deeanna Gripshover
hello guys,

is there anybody who lives in London and upgraded to firmware 1.4? Just wondering if I could loan your firmware upgrade kit? I would obviously offer a bit of cash for the trouble.

Cheers.
Allyn Bjerk
Hey Guys,

Just a note here, I decided to upgrade my home-built vci-100se toevening to the 1.4 firmware. I'm not experiencing glitch problems, and the TSI files included with the update worked as well.

All I did was applied the new tsi twice, set the ins/outs, quit traktor, started it again, quit traktor, started it again, and began playing.

Thanks all for the wicked update, and this thread for guidance of any problems I might expect.

)) so excited.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Gianmarco
the vid said the new tsi was compatible with 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4. so i was assuming there was more, or isnt there?
The major changes were to accommodate the changes in the firmware (which had inherent benefits of their own) but there were also some minor changes/improvements to the overall functionality. Please see this thread for info regarding the changes. http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=18333.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by peeSdee
Gents,
Any feedback about the full MIDI notes map for the new 1.4 FW that I was requested?
Do you know what exactly are the MIDI notes differences between 1.3 and 1.4 FW releases in order to update my own custom TSI?
Please see the last page of the Walkthrough pdf included in the updated download file on the first post of this thread.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by djbosa
need a Glitch FIX.TSI for 1.4 ;-)
or can somebody remap the 3.5.2 GlitchFix.tsi to use it with FW 1.4?
Please re-download the mapping (it has been updated) from the first post in this thread and use the "_PC" tsi to get the "Glitch Fix".
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by [email protected]
first, i do miss having the outer rim of the jog wheel dedicated to pitch adjustments full-time. anyone know how to adjust the file so it was as before? having to turn scratch mode off to adjust pitch is very inconvenient for me.

do i need to make adjustment to the rotary sensitivity or rotary acceleration to take full advantage of the improved resolution?
1. The mapping had been re-uploaded and now has the tempo bend On when Scratch is On, but Off when Scratch is Off. If you would like it changed such that the tempo bend is always on or it is reverse let me know and I can explain how to changed it or send you an altered tsi.

2. You should not have to make any adjustments to the sensitivities to take full advantage of the improved resolution but you could go into the tsi and sort thru the comments to find the lines to alter and play with the settings and see if you find parameters that you find to be better (if you do find some that you like better, please let me know). The difference is a bit subtle but it definitely an improvement.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by IsaacT
The thing is, I'm not a Traktor user. I use Algoriddim's djay. For any of the moderators or DaveX, are Traktor and VCI-100 SE's users the only people who stand to benefit from this upgrade? I believe the high-resolution jog wheels alone would make it worth my while.
The firmware upgrade will make the pitch/tempo faders and the jog wheels higher resolution regardless of the software you use with it. You will need to re-map the controls for the jog wheels, pitch faders and a few other things though to utilize the 1.4 firmware.

For a list of the changed midi signals, please download the zip file on the first post of this thread (or on the mappings page of DJTT) and on the last page of the Walkthrough pdf in the zip file there is a list of the midi signals that have changed from firmware v1.3 to firmware v1.4.
Jodi Lacerra
EDIT: THE VCI-100SE MAPPING ZIP FILE HAS BEEN UPDATED. PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD IT IF YOU D/L'ED IT BEFORE THIS POST. To differentiate between versions, the updated zip folder is named "v3_6-3". Some minor changes were made to this mapping from the originally posted v3.6 mapping that have fixed a few bugs and changed a few things.

Please see the first post in this thread (http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=18333) for "What Changed?".
Jason Schmock
Well I just upgraded and I have to say big ups!
Control is so much more fine. Slicer/Echo effects work so much nicer now with the improved resolution. This thing is a beast.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by sirtofu
Can somebody tell us the button combination for disco mode? I have arcade buttons and it would be impossible for me to unlock the mode with these as I don't ahve the lights.
It starts out in a different spot every time so unless you have LED's it would be really hard to tell where you were.

Originally Posted by sirtofu
Cant figure out the disco mode dont know what i hit the first time and had it going , cant duplicate it again .
Can you get into the beginning of the game by holding the left slice and echo buttons as your starting the VCI? After that it's just a matter of picking an orange button and hitting the button next to it to turn it green (I don't have an official SE so my colors are the stock) I move left to right just hitting buttons trying to get green all the way across.
Eleanore Neaville
Originally Posted by Nannou
OK so the Key modify (Shift + Filter knob) does work, but it's very sensitive.

Hold Shift and turn the Filter knob veeeery slowly to the left or right. You'll see that it will eventually start moving in one direction or the other.
Yes, very strange behaviour. I remap KEY to Knob with Direct Mode and "Soft takeover" option checked. KEY ON/OFF i do with SHIFT + SYNC. (Also i do KEY ON with the move of filter knob. I didnt map Key Off to central position of filter knob because it make incorrect key range)
Shala Wohletz
Originally Posted by ruklaw
OK, it maybe wasn't quite as hard as I feared as I've now fixed the problem.

So, for your djing pleasure, attached is a TSI which:
  • Turns back on pitch bend outer wheel in Vinyl mode
  • Turns off the pitch bend outer wheel when not in vinyl mode, so you can turn off vinyl mode in heavy bass situations and not have to worry about sync drift
  • Fixes the bug whereby the inner wheel of deck A was much lower sensitivity than the others when in pitch bend (not vinyl) mode.

I recommend you import the DJTechTools TSI first, then import my one to apply the fixes.
Let me know if you have any issues- no promises I can help with them, but I'll do my best.
Thanks so much for this i will try it when getting home after work
Ji Pursel
disco mode is cool

need glitch fix tsi
Elnora Wisegarver
At first I was having alot of problems couldn't scratch , did not have ant pitch control and a few other problems . Then I loaded the tsi a few times and restarted traktor a few time , now everything is working great .Thanks Dave An Djtt . Cant figure out the disco mode dont know what i hit the first time and had it going , cant duplicate it again .
Chan Ronga
Originally Posted by djbosa
yeah... that fixes the Jog Problem big thx...

only the shift+key doesnt work really...
and sound pops or glitches when press the FX Type or Route FX Button...

pls help :-)
OK so the Key modify (Shift + Filter knob) does work, but it's very sensitive.

Hold Shift and turn the Filter knob veeeery slowly to the left or right. You'll see that it will eventually start moving in one direction or the other.

My only gripe with it is that when you set the knob back to the upright position, it turns Key lock off.
I like to keep my songs locked in key regardless of tempo. I'm sure there's a way to stop the TSI from doing that, but i'm not sure where to start.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Twyla Tylinski
Thanks Ruklaw, your TSI has sorted all my problems out. Nice one.
Elva Giambanco
Originally Posted by ruklaw
+1

I've stared at the traktor config pages for far too long and just come up with a blank, it could take me all weekend to work it out- someone somewhere please make the outer ring work for pitch bend in scratch mode, and ideally turn it off when not in scratch mode so that we can use that to avoid the heavy bass knocking the sync.
OK, it maybe wasn't quite as hard as I feared as I've now fixed the problem.

So, for your djing pleasure, attached is a TSI which:
  • Turns back on pitch bend outer wheel in Vinyl mode
  • Turns off the pitch bend outer wheel when not in vinyl mode, so you can turn off vinyl mode in heavy bass situations and not have to worry about sync drift
  • Fixes the bug whereby the inner wheel of deck A was much lower sensitivity than the others when in pitch bend (not vinyl) mode.

I recommend you import the DJTechTools TSI first, then import my one to apply the fixes.
Let me know if you have any issues- no promises I can help with them, but I'll do my best.
Jason Schmock
Can somebody tell us the button combination for disco mode?
I have arcade buttons and it would be impossible for me to unlock the mode with these as I don't ahve the lights.
Doug Bieling
the vid said the new tsi was compatible with 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4. so i was assuming there was more, or isnt there?
Hmmmmm .... well unless ive missed something i dont see the point as there is nothing extra of any use, unless you believe "Disco Mode" is useful.

Prob just means thy can hand out the same tsi no matter what firmware your running. Prob just easier for DJTT to manage that way.

Don't hold me on this though as i may be wrong.
Takisha Hodulik
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
1 = yes

2 = if your not using the new firmware, why do you need the new tsi? I believe you may be confused.

3 = the new tsi just takes advantage of the higher res pitch and jogs. nothing more of any use to you.
Elva Giambanco
Originally Posted by [email protected]
first, i do miss having the outer rim of the jog wheel dedicated to pitch adjustments full-time. anyone know how to adjust the file so it was as before? having to turn scratch mode off to adjust pitch is very inconvenient for me.
+1

I've stared at the traktor config pages for far too long and just come up with a blank, it could take me all weekend to work it out- someone somewhere please make the outer ring work for pitch bend in scratch mode, and ideally turn it off when not in scratch mode so that we can use that to avoid the heavy bass knocking the sync.
Providencia Darting
Hey DJTT,

The site rules – very useful, very applicable. And now I'm chomping at the bit about this 1.4 firmware upgrade, being a VCI-100 user and all.

The thing is, I'm not a Traktor user. I use Algoriddim's djay. For any of the moderators or DaveX, are Traktor and VCI-100 SE's users the only people who stand to benefit from this upgrade? I believe the high-resolution jog wheels alone would make it worth my while.

I know I'm probably in the severe minority using a non-Traktor app. But I'm a DJTT fan, and I want to support them with some cash if this will improve my VCI-100. And if I don't buy a firmware upgrade kit, a Midi Fighter is definitely on my shortlist. Any insight you can give would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Isaac T.
Aprizal Rustarmadi
id like to again say thanks for all the hard work by dave x and djtts team. if developing firmware upgrades and compatible tsi files wasnt challenging enough, now youre left to deal with all the questions and complaints that arise from it. im sure in time all will be worked out.

for me just two questions:

second, im not a big into scratching but my buddy is very experienced. he's been coming over a lot and scratchin the hell out of my vci. so i thought he would be impressed with my newly upgraded 1.4 firmware. he came by yesterday and said he couldnt see, feel, or hear any difference. do i need to make adjustment to the rotary sensitivity or rotary acceleration to take full advantage of the improved resolution?

thanks for any insight!!
Thalia Gouldman
Originally Posted by Nannou
SOLUTION TO ABOVE PROBLEM (Jog Wheel Sensitivity + 1.4 FW)

If you have the problem i described above, and want both jog wheels to act the same as the Deck A wheel, (ie less sensitive more accurate) do the following:

- Go into your controller manager and select the VCI device.
- Scroll down until you hit the section "Jog Scratch + Tempo"
- Click through them and identify mappings for Deck A (joint with Deck C) with "(FW 1.4) in the comments box. Ignore the Deck mappings that don't mention FW 1.4.
- Ensure/Change the Rotary Sensitivity to 18% and Rotary Acceleration to 16% (you can enter the value into the number box)
- Do the same for the Deck B (joint with Deck D). Again only the pair that mentions FW 1.4 in the comments box.

I find that the improved resolution shows its true colours once you've dropped the sensitivity. You get a much wider motion on the wheel which gives a much higher degree of accuracy.

Enjoy!

Nannou
yeah... that fixes the Jog Problem big thx...

only the shift+key doesnt work really...
and sound pops or glitches when press the FX Type or Route FX Button...

pls help :-)
Armand Sopel
Originally Posted by minimal
Just go to the controller settings in your prefs, duplicate each tempo bend midi command and while in scratch mode, do a midi learn of each note.

(If that doesn't make any sense then I suggest u do a little midi command tutorial before)

I did it last evening , works fine (didn't do all the faderfx/slice ones though, don't believe I'll be pitch bending while slicing)

cheers
believe you can share your .tsi? this has been keeping me up all evening to figure it out. its now almost 6am. haha.
Chan Ronga
SOLUTION TO ABOVE PROBLEM (Jog Wheel Sensitivity + 1.4 FW)

If you have the problem i described above, and want both jog wheels to act the same as the Deck A wheel, (ie less sensitive more accurate) do the following:

- Go into your controller manager and select the VCI device.
- Scroll down until you hit the section "Jog Scratch + Tempo"
- Click through them and identify mappings for Deck A (joint with Deck C) with "(FW 1.4) in the comments box. Ignore the Deck mappings that don't mention FW 1.4.
- Ensure/Change the Rotary Sensitivity to 18% and Rotary Acceleration to 16% (you can enter the value into the number box)
- Do the same for the Deck B (joint with Deck D). Again only the pair that mentions FW 1.4 in the comments box.

I find that the improved resolution shows its true colours once you've dropped the sensitivity. You get a much wider motion on the wheel which gives a much higher degree of accuracy.

Enjoy!

Nannou
Chan Ronga
Originally Posted by 1878blues
- The left Jog wheel for deck A does not seem to 'move' at the same speed as Deck B jog wheel in scratch mode? and in CDJ mode Deck A still moves very slowly through song, even when song is stopped.
I'm getting the same problem here too. I've reloaded the TSI too many times to count. Restarted Traktor along with it.

It's the same as described above, Deck A jog wheel has very fine movement and moves "slowly" through the track in both CDJ and Scratch mode.
Deck B jog wheel moves at a similar speed as Deck A while in Scratch mode, but moves WAY too fast in CDJ mode.
I'd the Deck B jog wheel to act more like Deck A and be much more fine, precise and "slow".

Any suggestions?
Suzanna Paddock
Originally Posted by ariser
I got no idea where to look any pointers please
Just go to the controller settings in your prefs, duplicate each tempo bend midi command and while in scratch mode, do a midi learn of each note.

(If that doesn't make any sense then I suggest u do a little midi command tutorial before)

I did it last evening , works fine (didn't do all the faderfx/slice ones though, don't believe I'll be pitch bending while slicing)

cheers
Latricia Monohan
Gents,
Any feedback about the full MIDI notes map for the new 1.4 FW that I was requested?
Do you know what exactly are the MIDI notes differences between 1.3 and 1.4 FW releases in order to update my own custom TSI?

Thanks for the brainstorming lads!

P

Originally Posted by peeSdee
Hi guys,

I'm using my own mapping (based on the Ean's 2.5v .TSI, plus some mods by myself).
I'm afraid in upgrade my VCI's firmware from 1.3 (current) to 1.4, 'cause I don't really know if will need to remap lot of knobs/jogs/buttons to remain having my "special" TSI.
Will the below re mappings the ONLY stuff I'll need to deal to?
I really like to have a full MIDI map (like that one on the last page of the VCI 100 manual) including ALL the MIDI notes for the new 1.4 firmware.

Many thanks in advance folks!

P
Towanda Rayment
Originally Posted by DaveX
Thanks for your support guys!

I'm happy it was possible to adapt the DJTT mapping to support this new firmware, but for those using their own mapping, here's a list of all the changes changes since firmware 1.3.

Time for me to reassemble the unit and start mixing!

VCI-100 unofficial firmware 1.4 by DaveX
==========================================

After long hours of reverse-engineering, here's an improved firmware for your VCI!

New features
============
- 4x pitch faders resolutions
- 4x jog wheel resolution

so what is the exact resolution??? in the previous versions, we only had 128 absolute positions for the faders. So, is it 127 * 4???
Armand Sopel
Originally Posted by ariser
i second that.
Shala Wohletz
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
Yes

You could just turn scratch mode off then you get full pitch bend functionality until someone sorts it out to work within scratch mode.

Its probably not that hard to work out as you just need to look at the settings used for the outer jogs in cdj mode and copy that but using note values given out when in scratch mode.
Doug Bieling
a few questions:

1. do we NEED a wondows to upgrade the firmware?

2. is the new tsi AND the firmware bundles together in the DL link in page 1 of this thread? cuz i do not have the time to order the firmware kit, but i could use the new tsi

3. there a list of what the new tsi does over 3_5_2?

thankss!
1 = yes

2 = if your not using the new firmware, why do you need the new tsi? I believe you may be confused.

3 = the new tsi just takes advantage of the higher res pitch and jogs. nothing more of any use to you.
Doug Bieling
Originally Posted by mrhek
if i want to downgrade my firmware, do i just do the same process as i did with updating? i really cant deal with 1.4 not letting me use the jog wheel for pitch bend.
Yes

You could just turn scratch mode off then you get full pitch bend functionality until someone sorts it out to work within scratch mode.

Its probably not that hard to work out as you just need to look at the settings used for the outer jogs in cdj mode and copy that but using note values given out when in scratch mode.
Armand Sopel
if i want to downgrade my firmware, do i just do the same process as i did with updating? i really cant deal with 1.4 not letting me use the jog wheel for pitch bend.
Takisha Hodulik
a few questions:

1. do we NEED a wondows to upgrade the firmware?

2. is the new tsi AND the firmware bundles together in the DL link in page 1 of this thread? cuz i do not have the time to order the firmware kit, but i could use the new tsi

3. there a list of what the new tsi does over 3_5_2?

thankss!
Shala Wohletz
Originally Posted by mrhek
has anybody made a .tsi file so that the jog wheels do "pitch bend" in scratch mode. also have the play button do cue play instead of "play/pause"? i really regret upgrading to 1.4. everything was just perfect in 1.3. would appreciate if someone can send me their modified .tsi file if that works.
Yes please its something i use always and im missing it or maybe if some one coulc tell me what code to add and where.

Having come from vinyl stragiht to the vci im used to vinyl mode and need the outer bit.

Cheers guys im sure someone can help quickly as always

Rest of everythign seems to work fine and the pitch resolution is so much better
Armand Sopel
has anybody made a .tsi file so that the jog wheels do "pitch bend" in scratch mode. also have the play button do cue play instead of "play/pause"? i really regret upgrading to 1.4. everything was just perfect in 1.3. would appreciate if someone can send me their modified .tsi file if that works.
Justin Ratliff
Has anyone had problems withe the crossfader since upgrading to FW 1.4? I upgraded the FW and the TSI and now when I adjust the C.F. Curve in the back of the VCI to more of a scratcing curve it makes the virtual fader move to the left (deck A) inside of Traktor and there is serious fader bleed.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy