Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgradeReply
Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade
Posted on: 20.09.2010 by
PURCHASE THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE KIT (WINDOWS ONLY)
http://ranking s.myshopify.com/produ...-upgrade-cable

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FILE
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-conten.../VCI1001_4.zip

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE UPDATE SOFTWARE (WINDOWS)
http://america.renesas.com/support/d...dt_v405r00.jsp

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST 1.4 COMPATIBLE TSI FILE FOR TRAKOR PRO
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/VCI-100V3_6.zip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dcrsWWTko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDQmEkWBw4
Marianela Kissner
Hi, I Finally upgrade into FW 1.4 with Serial Port to USB cable on Win XP.
successfull with Renesas FDT ver 4.07 and I set the Serial - USB cable for
COMM 2 and code flash are success.

on thing that i'm confuse is this

Originally Posted by DaveX

Usage
=====

You must change the following to your Traktor mappings:

1) Remap your pitch faders:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
- Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
- Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
- Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

1) Remap your inner jog wheel messages in normal mode and in scratch mode

The messages are the same (CC16, CC17, CC18 and CC19) but on channel 2
instead of channel 1

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4

3) Remap the left sync button
i do may lack of mapping but if anyone done this already, it would be thankfull, cheers
Jed Dipiero
Originally Posted by alex.ketch
I wrote about my trials and errors and how I managed to do it a while ago, here's a link.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...5586#post75586
Oh, man, I've tried every Prolific (and not) driver imaginable in the last 24 hours... including the one you posted without any luck.

I believe that's where I'm stuck...
Winston Mazeika
Originally Posted by Crazy Serb
anyone?

anyone been able to flash this with a usb-to-serial cable?

if so, how did you do it?
I wrote about my trials and errors and how I managed to do it a while ago, here's a link.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...5586#post75586
Jed Dipiero
Originally Posted by Crazy Serb
Ok, I am lost...

I get to the point of running a Flash Toolkit, connecting my USB-to-Serial cable into my computer, but when I have to choose a post in Flash Toolkit it doesn't show the USB one. It only has COM1 and a few others that, well, are not relevant (I don't believe).

So when I try to use COM1 to flash it, no wonder I get a message like this below:

How do I get around this?

Does this Flash toolkit even support flashing through USB at all?
anyone?

anyone been able to flash this with a usb-to-serial cable?

if so, how did you do it?
DjMAX MONTANA
You need to flash it w/a kit. that's the only way to upgrade your firmware.
Danuta Newhauser
I bought my VCI 100 origonaly off DJTT, it came with firmware 1.3 already on it. Do i need to buy the firware upgrade kit? or is it the case that i just need to flash it to get 1.4
Jed Dipiero
Ok, I am lost...

I get to the point of running a Flash Toolkit, connecting my USB-to-Serial cable into my computer, but when I have to choose a post in Flash Toolkit it doesn't show the USB one. It only has COM1 and a few others that, well, are not relevant (I don't believe).

So when I try to use COM1 to flash it, no wonder I get a message like this below:

Flash Development Toolkit and flash programming components
are provided without support

FDT API initialised: version 4, 05, 00, 008
FCF Settings Applied: H8/3052F, (C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas\FDT4.05\kernels\ProtB\3052\Renesas\1 _2_00\)
Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM1'
Configuration:
'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
Opening port 'COM1' ...
Loading Comms DLL
Loaded Comms DLL
Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
Attempting 9600
Attempting 4800
Attempting 2400
Attempting 1200
Error No 15024: Boot failed
How do I get around this?

Does this Flash toolkit even support flashing through USB at all?
Leeanna Ayla
[quote=silman;342415]can i upgrade a mkII to 1.4? i am considering buying a mkII but would rather buy a normal vci-100 if i can do this with it.

No, you can't do a MKII.

Originally Posted by silman
also in the video is says not to use usb to serial, it says use serial to serial instead. where do i plut the serial port into my computer and where do i plug it into the vci? im confused.
You need a computer with a serial port already. I used a USB to serial cable when I did mine and it worked fine.
Taisha Inns
Just a quick note to anyone who found a serial cable lying around like me and is having issues.

Mine had the following code on the end, 940-0024C. And I couldn't get into boot mode. This cable is neither a normal serial cable nor a null modem cable, it is a very specific cable for connecting a PC to an APC UPS.

So if you see this code on your cable, don't use it!!
Elida Vencil
can i upgrade a mkII to 1.4? i am considering buying a mkII but would rather buy a normal vci-100 if i can do this with it.

also in the video is says not to use usb to serial, it says use serial to serial instead. where do i plut the serial port into my computer and where do i plug it into the vci? im confused.
Romaine Moakler
Originally Posted by IPM
Does anyone know ?
You will need to either borrow a PC or if you have windows on your mac, use that. I've used windows vista in bootcamp to do the upgrade and it worked for me so I can confirm that it works.
Ardell Semrad
Originally Posted by IPM
Hi, I just bought the 1.4 firmware upgrade from ebay today, so I started to read all this so that when it arrives I can do the upgrade. I only have a mac does that mean I'll have to borrow a PC from someone to do the upgrade ?

all the best
IPM
Does anyone know ?
Ardell Semrad
Hi, I just bought the 1.4 firmware upgrade from ebay today, so I started to read all this so that when it arrives I can do the upgrade. I only have a mac does that mean I'll have to borrow a PC from someone to do the upgrade ?

all the best
IPM
Yon Mckesson
Flashed my vci to 1.4 last evening I tried several times with windows 7 & codi brand usb 2 serial adaptor and could not get it to work the vci would not power up like it was stuck in boot mode. I ended using an old desktop with XP and serial port and it worked the first time.
Mee Sulier
ok thanks... I had a feeling that wouldn't have worked...
DjMAX MONTANA
CeeDubbya,
they look similar, but the vga port for monitors has 3 rows of pins; the serial port for other peripherals has 2 sets of pins. You're probably better off getting a usb/serial cable or adapter

Hope this helps.
Mee Sulier
hello, this may be a stupid question... but I was wondering about how the connection between the computer and the firmware kit works. My computer does have a serial connection... but it is for a monitor. Would this work for connecting the firmware kit to the computer? or do I have to get the usb converter cable?
Waylon Domenici
Originally Posted by Balou
Hi folks,

i could update my vci-100 without any problems.... I am searching now for a general function check to check out all led's burning in the right colour green and/or blue. Is this function available like it is working on mixing consoles etc.? Are there other check commands to approve the proper work of all buttons and faders of the vci-100?

Cheers

Balou

yes it is:

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.
Ashlea Nikolic
Hi folks,

i could update my vci-100 without any problems. After flashing with V1.3 i have had the correct behaviour with the left sync key, V1.4 does definitely not support this test! I am searching now for a general function check to check out all led's burning in the right colour green and/or blue. Is this function available like it is working on mixing consoles etc.? Are there other check commands to approve the proper work of all buttons and faders of the vci-100?

Cheers

Balou
Johnsie Borrows
Hi there!

I also got the Error No 15024: Boot failed while trying to update my vci-100 to firmware 1.4.
I ordered the update kit from djtt and also the recommended serial cable.
I'm using windows XP with serial-serial connection, did every step like it's shown in the video, but it didn't work. I checked the community for hours now, tried everything I found like changing com port, setting a delay and other stuff. But i still got the same error message.
So i decided to stop for today and put everything back in position to use the old firmware for this evening, but when i was finished and switched it on, nothing happend. No LED flashing and my PC can't even see the device.

What's wrong?!
Ned Somerset
Just Upgraded my firmware today. Took me a total of 5 mins. Works like a charm. Once again thank you guys at DJTT. the more sensitive pitch faders are mint! Im rocking an arcade addition, just wondering how one would be able to get into disco mode without seeing the LEDs? if not possible, whatever. vci is still boss!
Earlene Hett
says the file doesn't contain the proper information to complete the flash... don't know what that means... anybody help...
Earlene Hett
why is there not one for window? only have mac as an option, this take far to long to get nowhere... idea put all firmware and updates in one place, should take less time to find and upgrade....
Earlene Hett
all this does is load the flash tool where the hell is the firmware
Reece Murray
It's possible the firmware could be 1.3.X (don't remember the exact final digit) - The intermediate firmware that developer DaveX put out on DJTT before 1.4 was finalized. It has most elements of 1.4, but no disco mode, etc. I know I had this on my VCI for a while, before the final 1.4 was finished.
Ashlea Nikolic
Originally Posted by flashflooder
One way to check would be to check the Midi message coming out of the pitch fader. If it is fw1.4 you will get a "pitchbend" message. If it is older you should see Ch.1 cc14 or 15. There are other ways to check but try this first.
Thanx flashflooder , what are the other ways to check? i don't understand why the controller works only partly with the 1.4 messages. If i press both scrath buttons the pitch mode is switched off, thats a indicator of version 1.2...
Lucile Sanita
Originally Posted by flashflooder
One way to check would be to check the Midi message coming out of the pitch fader. If it is fw1.4 you will get a "pitchbend" message. If it is older you should see Ch.1 cc14 or 15. There are other ways to check but try this first.
You're a hero!
Midi-ox shows "pitch-bend"!

Now i know it's just a matter of a bad laptorp, usb, corrupt tsi or something along those lines.

Thanks for the tip!
Deeanna Gripshover
Hey guys, is there anyone that lives in London who can help me upgrade my vci arcade to firmware 1.4? Would hugely appreciate it!!!!

Thanks

Daw-z
Ashlea Nikolic
Originally Posted by Balou
Hi Ean,

i bought a used vci-100 which should be already flashed to v_1.4. I did all the test shown in your videos, but i could not confirm the presence of v_1.4 and did not find other functions then v_1.2. Do you provide any document with a bootcheck to verify the firmware version?

Thanx

Balou

I just checked out the midi messages using nuendo 5 and get the pitchbend messages, but no disco mode and no sync button change works, as written in the thread before...
Ashlea Nikolic
Hi Ean,

i bought a used vci-100 which should be already flashed to v_1.4. I did all the test shown in your videos, but i could not confirm the presence of v_1.4 and did not find other functions then v_1.2. Do you provide any document with a bootcheck to verify the firmware version?

Thanx

Balou
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by ricoot
i'm gonna try for the last time...

If i can't seem to find out what firmware i'm running on my vci i swear to god i'll just throw the damn thing away.

-I flashed for over 50 times without errors.
-i got no signs of 1.4 whatsoever (diy arcade so no disco mode, no on / off button toggling while de vci is on and traktor not started)
-still clueless on how to switch back to older firmware if 1.4 did actually install. (the previous video of ean doesn't work (anymore) for me)

sometimes my upper half of the vci doesn't give me led feedback untill i reboot or re-import the TSI (which i have to do every 30 minutes or so). this is why i believe the firmware didn't install.

how can i check the high ress faders and pitch?
my pitch bend does steps of 0.4.. this was a FW 1.4 thing, right? RIGHT?!

this thing just freezes up at random moments (the tsi)
Aurore Deeson
Sorry that it doesnt work for u. Cant understand whats wrong. In case u wanna throw it, rather send it to me.
Cheers
Lucile Sanita
i'm gonna try for the last time...

If i can't seem to find out what firmware i'm running on my vci i swear to god i'll just throw the damn thing away.

-I flashed for over 50 times without errors.
-i got no signs of 1.4 whatsoever (diy arcade so no disco mode, no on / off button toggling while de vci is on and traktor not started)
-still clueless on how to switch back to older firmware if 1.4 did actually install. (the previous video of ean doesn't work (anymore) for me)

sometimes my upper half of the vci doesn't give me led feedback untill i reboot or re-import the TSI (which i have to do every 30 minutes or so). this is why i believe the firmware didn't install.

how can i check the high ress faders and pitch?
my pitch bend does steps of 0.4.. this was a FW 1.4 thing, right? RIGHT?!

this thing just freezes up at random moments (the tsi)
Lucile Sanita
I'm still clueless... it's just not working properly for me.
I got no errors at all but it just does not work. I've been trying to flash for over 2 months now.
Aurore Deeson
I got it sorted - no clues what caused a change. 1,4 FW is great
Aurore Deeson
Hallo all,
please I need some help, since this is really exeeding my tech knowledge.

I was upgrading my charming VCI 100 FW 1,2 to 1,4.

I use Win 7 x64, i7 1,7GHz, 8GB Ram true DDR3, FDT 4,07.

I used USB 2,0 to Serial with settings: COM 6, waiting time 16 ms,
timeout 100ms, packet size 4096 bytes, plug and play enabled.

I flashed software with SUCCES - no timeouts, no connection problems -
I got answer from soft, that image was succesfully written to device
BUT (!!!)
or my device falls back to 1,2 or its not recognized by computer
(after upgrade plugged to computer) and its unknown device - USB
controller. (I had 5 succesful attempts for upgrade).
I never got to disco mode or I saw that pitch faders behaves as in 1,2
which was before. VCI is in mint condition, computer is in mint
condition, so I really do not know what to do.

PLEASE WHAT IS SOLUTION - I am out with my knowledge.

PS:I tried to experiment with different port settings in terms of
time, but it just lead to time out and to error 15024 (like timeout
problem when you use soft 4,05 on Win 7 x64).
PPS: I started to upgrade with version 4,05 - but no differences -
actually first upgrade worked like charm - in terms that soft said
succesful, but than fall back to 1,2
PPS: Can please someone sume up differences between behaviours of 1,2 - 1,3 -1,4. I know that 1,4 should have a disco mode (I am not admire of that, but I like resolution of 1,4). Is there possibility that VCI is in 1,4 but do not have disco mode - how does look pitch faders action in 1,4?
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by JDT-NYC
What Do I need to do to make the tempo fader in TP2 using FW 1.4 move up and down entirely. The only way the tempo fader moves up and down it's full spectrum is moving the platter when you are scratching. This sucks!
What do I need to do to make this change. I want to be able to control the tempo pitch.

How do I disable copy deck? I want to be able to control the pitch of each deck independently. I only use sync to fine tune the tempo pitch.
As I said in the other thread, you can't make the GUI pitch fader move all the way unless you want to compromise the resolution of the pitch fader. The display shows 50% and the actual movement is about 8%, which is standard. If you want to keep track of the pitch fader, maybe just keep an eye on the hardware one?

And I don't know what you mean by 'copy deck'.
Kathie Hajek
What Do I need to do to make the tempo fader in TP2 using FW 1.4 move up and down entirely. The only way the tempo fader moves up and down it's full spectrum is moving the platter when you are scratching. This sucks!
What do I need to do to make this change. I want to be able to control the tempo pitch.

How do I disable copy deck? I want to be able to control the pitch of each deck independently. I only use sync to fine tune the tempo pitch.
Albina Califano
Firmware Kit is in stock now!
Daria Galdieri
Thank You Fullenglishpint, for your answer..
I already spend quite some time in trying to figure out the 3.6.4 mapping..
Wow..
It's like a whole new world of 'contollerism'..
What an amazing peace of work..will need quite some time to learn how to control this but it's a fine challenge.

Hereby once more a massive thanx to DJTT for achieving this and putting so much effort in making it possible for us to do our thing..

Respect..

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy