Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgradeReply
Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade
Posted on: 20.09.2010 by
PURCHASE THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE KIT (WINDOWS ONLY)
http://ranking s.myshopify.com/produ...-upgrade-cable

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FILE
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-conten.../VCI1001_4.zip

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE UPDATE SOFTWARE (WINDOWS)
http://america.renesas.com/support/d...dt_v405r00.jsp

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST 1.4 COMPATIBLE TSI FILE FOR TRAKOR PRO
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/VCI-100V3_6.zip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dcrsWWTko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDQmEkWBw4
Charleen Clausius
Hey gents, I currently have firmware 1.4 and due to some issues, I decided to downgrade to 1.3.3. After using the above link to download the 1.3.3 firmware I am getting, "The compressed folder is invalid or corrupted." Secondly, after finding a previous download I attempted to downgrade my firmware. I'm recieving "The file is not and Srecord, loading will be stopped" error.

My questions are:

Does anyone have a working copy of the firmware they can email me?

What would cause the Srecord error?

On the 1.3.3 file, there's no .mot extension, could this be the problem?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Providencia Darting
@Hammy1988: you can downgrade if 1.4 doesn't work. Just did it myself to 1.3.3. You can find 1.3.3 here - http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...t=17022&page=3. Comes in normal and high-resolution flavors for your jog wheels.

Speaking of which, I recently upgraded to 1.4. When I tried it with Algoriddim's DJay (not a Traktor user), everything worked except the job wheels and pitch sliders. I then tried the high-res version of 1.3.3 and everything worked, except the jog wheel exteriors for pitch bending. Just a matter of remapping in DJay. No biggie. Jog wheels are far more responsive, but I've lost the simulated inertia that comes with doing a back or forward spin. (Time will tell if that bothers me or not.)

So what's the difference between 1.3.3 and 1.4? Is 1.4 specifically for the Arcade SE's?

Shouts out to Flashflooder, PhotoJojo, and DaveX. This makes the VCI-100 even better than I thought it was.
Janel Hongsermeier
So far i don't know if you can downgrade to 1.2(I assume that yes you can ).I do not know if you can find the 1.2FW and from where(I believe you should contact Vestax for this).I just upgrade mine 2 days a go and i'm still practicing so i cannot tell for sure regards bugs.
Keitha Loboda
I've two questions before Upgrade the VCI 100 to FW1.4.

Can I fall back to FW 1.2? (How does this work?)
Are there any bugs known in FW 1.4?

Thanks
Janel Hongsermeier
So i assume that in future upgrades we'll use the same device there!
Nguyet Mcgarrell
Originally Posted by ManolisP

3)On the setup i used the H8/3052H as a device(I saw it from the video).Is this the correct one, or it is something else.
I believe its H8/3052F, but its definitely the device shown on the video. I just did it myself a couple of minutes before (on windows 7, usb to serial, COM2).
Janel Hongsermeier
Hey Jojo!
Thanks for the reply!I finally make it work!My blackberry Virtual Connections were conflicting with the ones from the cable, and that was the reason that i couldn't make it work!I remove them and everything completed sweet and smooth!

Thanks for your reply!:-)
Leeanna Ayla
1)On Windows 7 which is the best Com port number we need to give to usb to serial Cable? I used Com port 7!
I believe anything over 4. I believe the best thing to do is go into advancedsetup.exe and make the appropriate changes first giving the software more time to communicate with the VCI before it stops and gives an error. You can find those setting in the VCI-100 support community here.

2)By mistake i used the Com3 which didn't work, i tried to Put Com7 but the Basic Flash Development Toolkit keeps the old settings. Is there any way to clear those settings, and start from scratch?
Some have reported that if the can get the program to go completely through a cycle it will work. Others have had to uninstall and then reinstall Renases.

3)On the setup i used the H8/3052H as a device(I saw it from the video).Is this the correct one, or it is something else.
I believe so, but it's been awhile since I've handled it so someone else may need t confirm that it hasn't changed.

4)I have the 1.2FW version, do i need to go on the 1.3 version first, and then to 1.4?
No yo can go straight from 1.2
Janel Hongsermeier
Good Afternoon to all,
Few Questions, I'm having the VCI-100 and i m trying to update the FW on my console:Few things i want to ask

1)On Windows 7 which is the best Com port number we need to give to usb to serial Cable? I used Com port 7!
2)By mistake i used the Com3 which didn't work, i tried to Put Com7 but the Basic Flash Development Toolkit keeps the old settings. Is there any way to clear those settings, and start from scratch?
4)I have the 1.2FW version, do i need to go on the 1.3 version first, and then to 1.4?

Please let me know.I'm looking forward for your replies. I attach a print shot of my error.
Thank you!
Hipolito Scionti
Just did the upgrade and just wanted to say special thanks to everyone at DJTT for making this possible.

The 1.4 upgrade is actually quite a big deal, everything just feels perfect now.

I had to change the pitch bend sensitivity and also the pitch range down to get the feel i want it seems so spot on now, really tactile.

Love it!!

Big Up DAVE X!!
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by soldsep
I succesfully upgraded my vci-100 to 1.4 and I too have this problem with the gain.
Please download the latest mapping (3.6.4) to avoid this issue. http://djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=19751. The gain in the version you have is probably set to soft takeover which is why it will not always seem to work (but is better if you use Decks C/D). Soft takeover has been moved to Shift+Gain in the newer mapping version.
Adan Imber
Originally Posted by Hooker T
Hello all, since upgrading to 1.4 I have been having a problem with my gains getting stuck ( unresponsive to the signal sent from the vci ) I have to twist the knob hard left and right to get it to come back. Anyone else have an issue like this?
I succesfully upgraded my vci-100 to 1.4 and I too have this problem with the gain.
Kelsey Maylone
i.m trying to upgrade via serial cable but i get 15024 boot failed.What could i do?

thanks in advance!

sometimes (because i tried a lot) i also see that when i turn the power on the one jogwheel stays blue and the other one flashing red.what tha means?

Ok i tried to another old pc which had two com ports and it worked fine.Nice upgrade!!!!!!!!!!Thank you
Justin Ratliff
I haven't. I'll give it a go. Thanks for the help.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Hooker T
Hello all, since upgrading to 1.4 I have been having a problem with my gains getting stuck ( unresponsive to the signal sent from the vci ) I have to twist the knob hard left and right to get it to come back. Anyone else have an issue like this?
Have you upgraded to the latest 3.6.4 mapping? I believe there's been some imporvements made to those knobs.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=19751
Justin Ratliff
Dena Chinn
finished mine last evening . lol. don't forget to select the midi in & out for the vci-100...
Fredia Sullens
good that you solved the renesas problem erpi.

now that this is fixed, I really would like to tackle the jog wheel issue. I remember however that some people have problems with the right wheel and some with the left.

my right wheel is working 95% of the time, but sometimes I have the glitchy and unresponsive behaviour there as well.

the left wheel is totally unusable tor scratch/seek/transport, seems that only less than half of the sensor data is interpreted.

is anyone else actively working on this problem?
Kori Shatz
Thank you photojojo!!!

Everything works - this new firmware opens a lot of possibilities to my trusty VCI...
Leeanna Ayla
Go into your control panel and open add remove programs and remove Renases. There may be an option to unintsall in the start menu, but I'm nit sure. I've seen at least once where someone needed to reinstall Renases. Sometimes it hangs up on something I believe and can't finish the process to start a new one.
Kori Shatz
Sorry you just have to go to options...

Kori Shatz
dnbaddict thank you for your help.

I am on COM4, I am sure with Device manager. I tried to change to COM3 but now I cannot go back to COM4 I am stuck on the last window and when I restart FDT I am always starting on this damn last page. I just want to restart FDT assistant.

Last resort, How do you uninstall Renesas FDT?

Thank you very much for your help
Fredia Sullens
@erpi: this sounds familiar, have a look at http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...229#post168229 and see if you're having the same issue

@groovegsus: sounds as you're having the same problem as others (including myself have)

read these
http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...829#post169829
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=18871

photojojo gave some good hints already:

- Has everybody loaded the mapping twice using the big import button restarting Traktor each time? -- check

- Does the jog act different when you turn scratch on and off? Does it work properly in fader FX mode? Does pitch bend work correctly? -- check

But no improvement so far...here is one more by photojojo:

Originally Posted by photojojo
That's true and worth trying, but I'm getting confused with these different threads with the same problem. I believe mistertruckshop is on 1.3, but some of the others are on 1.4? either way deleting the VCI mapping in the controller manager (just to be sure nothings conflicting) and starting a new generic media device mapping starting on the jog in question might reveal something. Easy enough using midid learn. All of your jog controls should be under transport I believe.

Did anyone try this already?

I'm using FW1.4 and the newest 3.64 tsi. Ltr.
Kori Shatz
I need your help.

Renesas is closing after "connection complete" - I have an error report windows window...

I am using 4.05

What can I do?

Thank you very much for your help.
Athena Zembal
Hello

I just updated my vci-100 to 1.4

My right jog wheel seems to act strange. When i push on it , it is not always lighting red , even after trying to adjust the sensibility with the knob on the rear of the vci.

After upgrading the firmware , i started traktor , import the settings with the button on the left corner , i correct the values in the two in and out boxes. I open and close traktor twice , and i repeat the whole process a second time. Is it wrong ?

I would like to make the loop for 4 beats instead of 8 where should i change the value ?

I also would like to use the external part of the wheel to fine pitch my mix when scratch mode is set to off , how to put this function back ? And also change the sensivity because it is much too high.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by soldsep
Hope there will be more upgrade kits available soon.

Thanks for the firmware update though.
we just got a new batch in the office yesterday. http://ranking s.myshopify.com/colle...-upgrade-cable
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by dj pFunk
so this works for the regular vci-100? or just the SE/Arcade
both
Adan Imber
Hope there will be more upgrade kits available soon.

Thanks for the firmware update though.
Tatum Ansaldo
I believe it works with FW 1.2 but I'm not entirely sure. Upgrade, upgrade!
Letty Veino
so this works for the regular vci-100? or just the SE/Arcade
Aprizal Rustarmadi
Originally Posted by kea
can any of you guys can explain me how to use sampler area in the right upper corner?
when i press SAMPLER button all the leds are starting to blink randomly and it makes me feel that something's broken

thanks!
push the button labeled sampler.....the lights will start blinking, then push the headphone cue button of the deck you'd like to sample (the deck you chose to sample must me actively playing.) that will begin an 8 count looping sample. you can then mess with the small knobs to the right of the sampler button to effect the volume, length, and add some glitch to the sample. pushing the sampler button again will end the sampling loop.
Christene Bruscino
can any of you guys can explain me how to use sampler area in the right upper corner?
when i press SAMPLER button all the leds are starting to blink randomly and it makes me feel that something's broken

thanks!
Nick Ross
I'm done upgrading mine...so if you want it make me an offer.
Adolf Hit
I just sent another 210 update kits to san fran so will be in stock in a few days
Marjorie Steinheimer
thanks mate - that's good news!
Leeanna Ayla
Just heard back from Zach at the DJTT store. New firmware kits should be in later this week.
Marjorie Steinheimer
thanks!
Leeanna Ayla
No, not a stupid question at all. I had completely forgotten that the firmware kits, which are necessary, were sold out. I'm not sure when they'll be back in stick, but I'm kind of curious to know as well so I sent an email. I'll post in here when I hear back from them
Marjorie Steinheimer
and it's the 1st instruction on the first page of this thread to buy the kit which is unavailable so it really wasn't such a stupid question now was it?
Marjorie Steinheimer
Originally Posted by photojojo
The firmware? It's available in the first post in this thread. Or are you a spambot?
sorry I mean the kit with the chip - I'm assuming this is necessary to upgrade the firmware but admittedly haven't read this whole thread

although if i was a bot then clearly i would have read everything on this entire site

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy