Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgradeReply
Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade
Posted on: 20.09.2010 by
PURCHASE THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE KIT (WINDOWS ONLY)
http://ranking s.myshopify.com/produ...-upgrade-cable

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE FILE
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-conten.../VCI1001_4.zip

DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE UPDATE SOFTWARE (WINDOWS)
http://america.renesas.com/support/d...dt_v405r00.jsp

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST 1.4 COMPATIBLE TSI FILE FOR TRAKOR PRO
http://www.djranking s.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/VCI-100V3_6.zip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dcrsWWTko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDQmEkWBw4
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by mplex
Can someone tell me if/when this is likely to be available again?
The firmware? It's available in the first post in this thread. Or are you a spambot?
Marjorie Steinheimer
Can someone tell me if/when this is likely to be available again?
Tyrone Baghdadi
Originally Posted by Mudo

Are you afraid to share? How can I make anything right if I don't know nothing...

Dude..What's your
Leeanna Ayla
The first video? That was shot in 2008 so it's old the old overlay.
Arturo Jimenez
Hi,

I have a question about the overlay shown in the video about how to upgrade the firmware in the vci-100. I just completed the upgrade successfully by following the video but noticed that the overlay shown near the end of the video has something printed under the sync, drop, pause, and play buttons on both sides of the controller.

Question 1: What is printed under the buttons mentioned above? Are they functional under the v1.4 firmware and TSP?

Question 2: Is this a prototype of a new overlay? Is it available for sale? If not now, when?

Thanks,

Atrain01us
Joannie Calbert
Love DJTT for doin this
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by The Chemical Fish
my shift button creates pop and click noizes. WTF
Are you on a PC? There's a PC specific file did you load that one?

You can also try Drew's software here.

http://djranking s.com/community /showthr...t=beta+testers
Cristian Carmona
i did the update to the fw, it took longer to boot up the pc than flashing the vci.
Adolf Hit
Sorry that was a little harsh Mudo,

But seriously you have a reputation for debating technical issues related to software and hardware in the context of djing & music, while making it abundantly clear over and over again you dont understand any of the underlying technology.

Dont expect to learn that off a community , or via an email chain, I highly encourage you to actually try getting stuck into a simple arduino project of your own.

People are allways happy to answer specific questions, however if someone told you for example the steps you need to take to reverse engineer a spin you will not have learned much at all because you are not recognising and analysing the specific problems for yourself.
Simone Mensing
my shift button creates pop and click noizes. WTF
Keli Vandenbergh

Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Maybe start with a computing degree.
Are you afraid to share? How can I make anything right if I don't know nothing...

Tatum Ansaldo
Sure but one day I must start.
Maybe start with a computing degree.
Keli Vandenbergh
Originally Posted by midifidler
Mudo - If you have to ask questions like that I believe your probably a long way of reverse engineering anything...
Sure but one day I must start.

Leeanna Ayla
Mudo - If you have to ask questions like that I believe your probably a long way of reverse engineering anything...
!
Tatum Ansaldo
+1
Adolf Hit
Keli Vandenbergh

I was believeing in get High Resolutin wheels of course. When I asked compatible I was wondering the necessity to make some tweaks to the original of course!

Has somebody some internal pics? Maybe I can start these tweaks by myself with some help!

Leeanna Ayla

I know but are so different internally? Look at the new VCI 100 Mk2...

Anyone has tech info or pics about Spin/Typhoon?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
I promise you, the update won't work. The spin has fewer controls in a different configuration. Putting VCI FW into a spin would be like putting a Traktor licence code into Serato... futile.

What do you want to know about the spin?

Fullenglishpint is right. Your more than welcome to try it, but I would say there's a pretty good chance you'll ruin your Typhoon and never be able to use it again. That is if you can even find where to plug in the firmware kit since I would imagine it's in a different spot, and for that matter, may not even be there.
Tatum Ansaldo
I know but are so different internally?
I promise you, the update won't work. The spin has fewer controls in a different configuration. Putting VCI FW into a spin would be like putting a Traktor licence code into Serato... futile.

What do you want to know about the spin?
Keli Vandenbergh
Originally Posted by photojojo
I doubt it as well since it's VCI firmware.
I know but are so different internally? Look at the new VCI 100 Mk2...

Anyone has tech info or pics about Spin/Typhoon?

Thanks!

Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by ivantodorov
I'm experiencing the following strange behaviour, wondering if it is just me:

1) Play Button doesn't toggle between play and pause. Always Plays from the start of the song

2) When I Press and Hold CUE the song starts playing. I used to be able to press PLAY at the same time to continue playing the song. Instead pressing PLAY while holding down CUE starts the song over from the original que point.

Is this normal?
Yes, they changed the Play/Pause function to a Cue Play (CUP) function on the new mapping. When everyone complained (incuding me, lol) they made a new version with the original function, which I've attached.
Tony Finkes
I'm experiencing the following strange behaviour, wondering if it is just me:

1) Play Button doesn't toggle between play and pause. Always Plays from the start of the song

2) When I Press and Hold CUE the song starts playing. I used to be able to press PLAY at the same time to continue playing the song. Instead pressing PLAY while holding down CUE starts the song over from the original que point.

Is this normal?
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by vbone
- 1.4 with the matching tsi, my pitch sliders do not move throughout the full range in traktor. The movement of the pitch slider is very minute.
It's just visual you still get the full range. If you want to see the full range of movement you'll have to edit the tsi.

I wrote this before 1.4 so there's a chance something's changed

Click on the big gear logo in the upper right corner to get to the preference pane, then click on the controller manager section inside the preference pane. Once your in the controller manager and click on the control column to sort it by name. Find the tempo controls, should be 12 of them, and change the rotary sensitivity to 100% in all of them. You can double click on the number and type 100 in.

Next go to the Transport section of the preference pane and click on reset pitch range 8%. You can choose one of the other ranges here, but you'll lose sensitivity.
The problem with this is that if you have songs with a bigger discrepency that 8% between the BPM's you won't be able to sync them until you get the BPM"s in that range.

- 1.4 - I can not revert back to 1.2. My pitch faders are completely inoperative. They do not respond to any movement from my vci.
As I previously stated, I would like to be able to revert back to 1.2 to use VDJ for video's.

Maybe there's something I'm missing. Thanks
Have you tried re-flashing the 1.4 firmware? I've tested booting into 1.2 from 1.4 and it works for me.
Charleen Clausius
Hopefully I can explain my problems without sound too stupid. So after testing fw 1.3 and 1.4, I found the following.

- 1.3 - I can revert back to 1.2 with full control.
- 1.4 - I can not revert back to 1.2. My pitch faders are completely inoperative. They do not respond to any movement from my vci.

- 1.4 with the matching tsi, my pitch sliders do not move throughout the full range in traktor. The movement of the pitch slider is very minute.

As I previously stated, I would like to be able to revert back to 1.2 to use VDJ for video's.

Maybe there's something I'm missing. Thanks
Adolf Hit
@STYLUS you choose the filter type under the mixer settings
Ozell Ellsbury
just upgraded to 1.4
i liked the previous filter knob sound better
what happened?
how can i change it to a more formant filter type sound on the knob?
Leeanna Ayla
The two most common things that fix these problems are to change the port n Renases and to adjust the delay in the advancesetup.exe file that installed along with Renases.

Go through these threads for more info

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=871
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=846
Julius Buckeye
i have a problem.

Setup:
Renesas Flash Toolkit 4.05 (this version show a new screen)
O.S Win 7 64 bits
Serial to serial cable
when a turn on button vci all lights on.

Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM1'
Configuration:
'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
Opening port 'COM1' ...
Loading Comms DLL
Loaded Comms DLL
Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
Attempting 9600
Attempting 4800
Attempting 2400
Attempting 1200
Error No 15024: Boot failed

Thanks for help
Leeanna Ayla

Firmware update will work with Spin/typhoon?

Thanks.

I doubt it as well since it's VCI firmware.
Tatum Ansaldo
I very much doubt it.
Keli Vandenbergh

Thanks.

Tatum Ansaldo
After a quick test I've had exactly the same results as you, initially the knob wouldn't work when turned quickly to the left but after turning it once slowly this seemed to be fixed. It turned key lock off at the far left of the movement as well.

I don't often use the key function but it does need a proper fix, hopefully the DJTT guys will sort it out before long!

Originally Posted by Nannou
OK so the Key modify (Shift + Filter knob) does work, but it's very sensitive.

Hold Shift and turn the Filter knob veeeery slowly to the left or right. You'll see that it will eventually start moving in one direction or the other.

My only gripe with it is that when you set the knob back to the upright position, it turns Key lock off.
I like to keep my songs locked in key regardless of tempo. I'm sure there's a way to stop the TSI from doing that, but i'm not sure where to start.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I just made a modification to the TSI file where I simply 'deleted' the control with the comment of 'Key Control Off: Shift + Filter Knob {FW 1.4}' for each Deck. It seems to fix the issue above for me anyway.

The other greater bonus here is the Going Down in Key (twisting knob left) for each deck works now. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out yet is when you get to the furthest Left Position (where the Indicator on the knob would show '-12.00' the Key 'on/off' led in Traktor Pro Software) the light changes from being lit from 'on' to 'off' (key function is turned on, goes to off), but as soon as you rotate the knob right again to raise the Key up, the Key light indicator turns back on again. So I guess be wary if you are doing a lot of Full Octave Down Key Changes. Other than that, this appears to fix the Key movement going downward for the 1.4 firmware posse.

Anyway else care to give this a try to confirm on their end or there is no other negative effect?
Leeanna Ayla
This is the location of those buttons in case you have a custom layout.

Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Chilly
Thx man...I tried getting into Test Mode, but not sure what I'm looking for (in terms of behavior) of the VCI once I'm in there.

Seems like a silly problem! lol
hold the left hand echo and play buttons as you turn the VCI on. With a standard unit the bottom left blue LED would now be on but with arcade buttons there is of course no LED output, so press the left hand transport buttons in order left to right (slice - echo - cue - play) then the same with the right deck. the top left LED should now light up and as you press that one the one below it lights up and so on across the rest of the VCI.

When all LEDs have been tested it enters fader test mode, testing faders and knobs in turn starting with the x-fader but this uses the transport LEDs again so you wouldn't be able to use that feature with arcade buttons.

hope that helps!
Nick Ross
Originally Posted by photojojo
Disco mode will be hard to get into since it's dependent on the led's in the buttons that used to be where the arcade buttons are now.

The only thing I can believe of now is to boot into test mode. There may be another way, but it's early here and I've only had one cup of coffee

You'll have to cycle through the arcade buttons with no LED feedback starting left to right, but once you get past those the rest of the VCI should finish the test cycle as normal until you test your faders and rotaries. They rely on the missing led's as well.
Thx man...I tried getting into Test Mode, but not sure what I'm looking for (in terms of behavior) of the VCI once I'm in there.

Seems like a silly problem! lol
Lucile Sanita
I'm about to do the firmware upgrade but... i got a question.
I just got my arcade buttons in, haven't soldered it yet so i got a bunch of loose wires hanging around.

Before i scre every single screw back, can i turn on the vci for the upgrade or will the whole thing explode because of the loose wires?
I also want to check if the thing still works now i'm re assembling (except for the arcade buttons)

Just wanted to add to the list of another successful 1.4 'hd' upgrades on the VCI-100. Had a 1.3 SE.

I used an old desktop PC that had an old school Serial com port.
I received my firmware upgrade kit last week and realized i never had a proper serial cable. So I found one on E-Bay on Saturday and it actually arrived Monday (Minnesota to NYC) 1st class mail! Did the upgrade simply following the 'how to video' and voila! It's the male to female type of serial cable. I believe the longest step was installing the Firmware PC software Renesas.

Definitely feeling the finer pitch moves in the faders and jogs.
Time to go mix for a bit.

Thanks again Dave X and DJ Tech Tools Kru.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Chilly
Maybe I missed this...but how can someone like me (with an arcade modded vci100) check to ensure the 1.4 took properly?
Originally Posted by Johbremat
@Chilly: try the disco mode easter egg?
Disco mode will be hard to get into since it's dependent on the led's in the buttons that used to be where the arcade buttons are now.

The only thing I can believe of now is to boot into test mode. There may be another way, but it's early here and I've only had one cup of coffee

Did you know that there's a factory test mode hidden in every VCI ? It's used in the factory to test all the buttons, faders, knobs and LEDs.

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.
You'll have to cycle through the arcade buttons with no LED feedback starting left to right, but once you get past those the rest of the VCI should finish the test cycle as normal until you test your faders and rotaries. They rely on the missing led's as well.
Lindy Jonker
@Chilly: try the disco mode easter egg?

@the shmobletons: cheers for the feedback. That said, if anyone can answer the question relating to the second MIDI channel being available, it'd be appreciated.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy