Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.Reply
Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.
Posted on: 26.01.2011 by Demetra Pinizzotto
In another thread I added two small tutorials for mapping in traktor.
It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.
This way every one can get new ideas and learn how to map their own.

The format is:
title with subject
description of the mapping, (maybe a very short video to show it)

text explanation in steps
screen shots of the mapping window.

see my two tutorials down here.
Alesia Venis
Has anyone mapped the SAMPLE DECK section of traktor 2 to the APC40? I've mapped everything but that section. I need some advice or help. my goal is to map the APC 40 as close as I can to the S4 with my own flava of course
Charline Dye
Originally Posted by Goravedj
Hey guys,

I have recently purchased the VCI 100Mk2 and i am facing a lot of problems.
there is lot of mapping problems with traktor and vci100mk2...dont know wat the problem is. th2 traktor stops responding to the actions of controller to one side of the deck.
i have re-installed Traktor software more than 10 times, re-installed my Mac os twice but the problem is persistent. NI says they do not offer support on LE and disappointed me, vestax says to contact NI...really confused what to do..
can anyone help.
the same problem is happening in windows too. it was working fine for initial 2-3weeks and then this problem has started.
pls help if any of u can....
If this happens on 2 different OS installs I would believe it is the controller or maybe the usb cable. Does the controller use a power supply? Could also be low power I strictly using USB power.
Laurence Rivas
Originally Posted by anthony2025
I am just putting this here so you can have an example. I hope that you can decipher the commands related to the sample decks. this is my personal tsi. the sample decks are working in 2 modes: like cue points and like sampler; also it has size control, phase sync, play mode,etc etc. It even some kind of instant gratification without supercombos, armyofme button, and a large etc. I just put everything I could throw it. BUT, I guess it will be horrible to understand. So here are the sample controls:

Mod 0 (<) zxcvm,.- : play sample to the end
Mod 1 (<) zxcvm,.- : play like a cue point in a stopped deck

ctrl+(zxcv,etc) : copy from deck
shift+(zxcv,etc):change play mode (one shot or loop)
123490'
Jacalyn Birkenstock
I am just putting this here so you can have an example. I hope that you can decipher the commands related to the sample decks. this is my personal tsi. the sample decks are working in 2 modes: like cue points and like sampler; also it has size control, phase sync, play mode,etc etc. It even some kind of instant gratification without supercombos, armyofme button, and a large etc. I just put everything I could throw it. BUT, I guess it will be horrible to understand. So here are the sample controls:

Mod 0 (<) zxcvm,.- : play sample to the end
Mod 1 (<) zxcvm,.- : play like a cue point in a stopped deck

ctrl+(zxcv,etc) : copy from deck
shift+(zxcv,etc):change play mode (one shot or loop)
123490'
Laurence Rivas
HI guys,
I have a small problem mapping my Laptops keyboard with Traktor2 Pro

I've successfully mapped X1 and Korg NanoPad,
idk why this is giving me problems

what I'm trying to do is to have the number keys
1-8 trigger sample decks
1-4 from deck C and 5-8 from deck D

[ame]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/lethalindustry1/traktor2sampledeck2.jpg[/ame]

[ame]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/lethalindustry1/traktor2sampledeckplay.jpg[/ame]

I've tried almost EVERYTHING!

Please HELP!?
Kaye Gilliss
Hey guys,

I have recently purchased the VCI 100Mk2 and i am facing a lot of problems.
there is lot of mapping problems with traktor and vci100mk2...dont know wat the problem is. th2 traktor stops responding to the actions of controller to one side of the deck.
i have re-installed Traktor software more than 10 times, re-installed my Mac os twice but the problem is persistent. NI says they do not offer support on LE and disappointed me, vestax says to contact NI...really confused what to do..
can anyone help.
the same problem is happening in windows too. it was working fine for initial 2-3weeks and then this problem has started.
pls help if any of u can....
Tatum Ansaldo
You might be able to have an output mapped to flash to the master bpm and not the deck bpm, with modifiers so it only works when the deck is stopped. Maybe.
Loraine Chehab
Certainly it's firmware? It isn't possible to be Traktor Setup???
Maybe its a setup which added at Traktor 2... (I have Traktor Pro)
Charline Dye
Unfortunately, some features you see in other hardware is only possible because of the device's firmware like the fader fx on the vci100. Or because they use a program like Bomes to do things you can't do with the the included midi commands.
Loraine Chehab
I looked that article but it doesn't show how to setup a led flashing before track plays, but only flashes with the tack's beat when it plays...

If anyone have the DDJ-T1 could plase write me the factory setup of PLAY/PAUSE and CUE button on Traktor Pro???
Charline Dye
not sure, but search the DJTT blog, there was an article on LED mapping not too long ago.
Loraine Chehab
Hello everyone! I have a Numark Mixtrack working on Traktor Scrath Pro...
Is it possible to map PLAY/PAUSE led and CUE led blinks when a track is loaded on deck, before start play/cue the track, like Pioneer ddj-t1(and pioneer cdj generaly...)
Janyce Bujnowski
Hi, I have pioneer djm 2000 running traktor scrath duo. Is it possible to map duo with this mixer?
Jerrod Rourke
hey guys, aweseomly helpful thread right here, thanks to all you helping out..
Charline Dye
Got my info on the LEDs from this http://www.djranking s.com/2010/05/3...ds-in-traktor/
and here http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...t=23605&page=2
Demetra Pinizzotto
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
add out > global > beat phase monitor (I believe)

You could choose a different button to act as play in hotcue mode (eg one of the FX buttons). Find an unused modifier and (without deleting anything) map each hotcue button to set that modifier to 1, in hold mode).
Apply a M*=0 (*being your chosen modifier number) command to the current function of the button you want to use, and then map a play command to that button with a M*=1 condition.

Let me know if any of that isn't clear!
thanks
Will look at that when I get the chance.

The man speaks the truth.

edit: oh, and @joostisme, what happens when you press the HOTCUE button while holding down a cue?
tried that and it just stops playing, you're obviously sending another massage to the software. Thanks for the input!

Originally Posted by photojojo
VanGogo did something like that
good to see there is so much possible.
I will look into it when I can!!
thanks
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by joostiisme
1: Anyone know how to map a LED to blink to the beat?
2: is it possible to give a row of LED's a VU meter function? So it moves to the audio level
VanGogo did something like that

http://djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=23840

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKcRM...embedded#at=46
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by padi_04
and quant off as well
The man speaks the truth.

edit: oh, and @joostisme, what happens when you press the HOTCUE button while holding down a cue?
Tatum Ansaldo
add out > global > beat phase monitor (I believe)

2: is it possible to give a row of LED's a VU meter function? So it moves to the audio level
Don't know, sorry! I've seen it done (on an lpd8 iirc) but not sure how. Again, it's probably somewhere in the global output LED mapping options but I can't look at Traktor right now.

X1 specific:
When in hotcue mode, while not playing (hotcues work as CUE not CUP). there is no way to release a pressed hotcue, and keep the track playing... The play button is used as hotcue now... this annoys me, when I jumped thru the track, found the spot i want to keep playing, I have to switch to normal mode...
or am I stupid? anyone know a solution?
I usually use mine alongside another controller so just hit the play button on there, So I'm not actually sure if there's a provision for this.

You could choose a different button to act as play in hotcue mode (eg one of the FX buttons). Find an unused modifier and (without deleting anything) map each hotcue button to set that modifier to 1, in hold mode).
Apply a M*=0 (*being your chosen modifier number) command to the current function of the button you want to use, and then map a play command to that button with a M*=1 condition.

Let me know if any of that isn't clear!
Nedra Fresneda
yep, add in > select set+store hotcue.

if you don't want it synced... turn off sync.
and quant off as well
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by DjRichiAranguena
anyone knows how to map a maschine so that the hot cues work properly ?. With properly i mean that pad 1 plays cue point 1 pad 2 cue point 2 etc... But only plays it . No sync or anything else... I expended the whole evening and till now nothing. Please help !
yep, add in > select set+store hotcue.

if you don't want it synced... turn off sync.
Demetra Pinizzotto
Even tho I started this thread myself, I have a few questions too:P

X1 specific:
When in hotcue mode, while not playing (hotcues work as CUE not CUP). there is no way to release a pressed hotcue, and keep the track playing... The play button is used as hotcue now... this annoys me, when I jumped thru the track, found the spot i want to keep playing, I have to switch to normal mode...
or am I stupid? anyone know a solution?
Charline Dye
Excellent tip!

I wish NI would add a few "lights" in the software that you could custom label for this also.

Just a note, in the S4 software you don't have that button where you can see it.
Jacalyn Birkenstock
Hi, I discovered this one yesterday. When you are just using your keyboard to mix, you will not have any way to know if a modifier is on or off.So you can use the tool tips button in the superior right corner to show it .

Just map the "Tools Tips Toggle" to the same key than your modifier . Let me know any questions.
Christine Laforme
anyone knows how to map a maschine so that the hot cues work properly ?. With properly i mean that pad 1 plays cue point 1 pad 2 cue point 2 etc... But only plays it . No sync or anything else... I expended the whole evening and till now nothing. Please help !
Tari Virdi
This may be totally irrelevant, but have you tried loading the individual .tsi files with the big import button twice then restarting Traktor twice?
I have not try this....i will try it... i hope it works...thanks again...
Tatum Ansaldo
This may be totally irrelevant, but have you tried loading the individual .tsi files with the big import button twice then restarting Traktor twice?
Tari Virdi
Originally Posted by photojojo
Have you tried turning on Traktor with the Denon's not plugged in then plugging them in? I have no idea if it will be better or worse, just an idea.
..i believe... i have tried by mistake: forgotten to turn it on the denon before tsp..I will try it again....thanks
Leeanna Ayla
Have you tried turning on Traktor with the Denon's not plugged in then plugging them in? I have no idea if it will be better or worse, just an idea.
Tari Virdi
What do you mean by conflicts? If each one is set to its own input and output as you said (not 'all ports') there shouldn't be conflicting messages. What exactly is happening?

fullenglishpint,..thanks a lot for the quick response..

This is what happens: when i try to load 3700 tsi (2 kontrol x1):
-One time i had it all working ... i turn off everything and turn on again ...and it did not work again.
-Everytime i have to add the tsi when i open TSP, even thought i see it in control manager.
-Sometimes only works one cd player setting in in-port and out port to all-port.
-Sometimes, when are "working" both decks: the bpm is really unstable on both decks...unuseable
- Last time i check: tested to work only with the denon (KX1-No connected) and still does not work....

I tested certain thing i have found in the community s.
- Saving the denon tsi in several diferent folder
- Dowloading tsi several times in case it was "broken".

I have to try several things i have read in community s:
- Disconnect the laptop webcam
- Clean registry of midi divice in windows configurations (i dont know how to)

I have read that the denon and kx1 have conflict.
Maybe i am missing something in setting, but i have done the setting following information on the community s and manuals

This is in Denon hybrid mode...set both 3700 to ch1 and ch2 for midi respectively (denon specificatios)....KX1 i just plug and play.
2 denon 3700 (v.2020) , 2 kx1, Denon dnx 1600 (using the soundcard for TSP), Window 7. TSP 1.2.7

i hope you understand this, thanks again...
Tatum Ansaldo
What do you mean by conflicts? If each one is set to its own input and output as you said (not 'all ports') there shouldn't be conflicting messages. What exactly is happening?
Tari Virdi
hello to all

I have a question about having several tsi.....i have 2 kontrol x1 and 2 Denon Dns 3700 in hybrid mode (excellent .tsI downloaded from Denon djcommunity -mcclub)
Harley Hendzel
This is a great thread. It is very helpful. I have learned so much over the past few hours of mapping my s4 and my midi fighter.
Jonnie Soldati
Hi Fullenglishpint,

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a go with the suggestions you've made, I guess you can understand why it's not that clear with the crossfader stuff.

What I'm ultimately trying to get to with this idea is being able to slam to A or B for a quick cut, but also to hold A or B and slam across to the other deck to do a kind of manual stutter cut.., so I'd hold the deck the track was playing on then punch the other deck, get a quick cut, and while holding both decks 'on' the crossfader will stay at the deck it just moved to. Whichever deck slam I release, the crossfader jumps to the deck with the held button.

Can't wait to try this with some Psytrance for builds and quick cut stuff.

On the FX switching, you're right. That's how I like to do some effected transitions, so I guess what I need is actually to map the Top LHS Deck A FX1 'on' to turn on FX1 and FX2 for Deck A, and map the Top RHS Deck B FX2 'on' to turn on FX1 and FX2 for Deck B. Then trans would be easy (don't misinterpret that last statement).

So, how do you do use one controller button to activate two FX buttons with one button press?

Thanks for your help, if anyone else has ideas, I'm all ears

Cheers,

Drex
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by drex
what I can't get my head around is the crossfader gradual movement and position stop upon release, the slam (is it possible?) and having two targets (FX1 on deck A&B turn on / off) but with only 1 button mapped to it.
add an in for the x fader for each your slam buttons, set it to 'button' and 'direct' then see what putting in different values gives you. I don't know for sure but it could be 0 for left and 1 for right, then decimals in between.

as for a gradual move, you want the same command but instead of 'direct' map one to 'inc' (increase) and the other to 'dec' (decrease) then play with the resolution options.

I can't remember the name of the command for FX bank targeting but it should be pretty self evident in the 'IN' options, then just make 2 copies of that command, one for deck A and one for deck B. Set it to toggle mode as it wil probably default to hold.

This is a mixture of memory and guesswork so don't blame me if I'm wrong!

P.S. are you sure you want to activate all your effects on BOTH decks at the same time? That would stop you from using them for transitions since you'd be affecting both tracks. Wouldn't it be better to activate both FX1 and FX2 one deck at a time?
Jonnie Soldati
Originally Posted by Jester.NZ
Throw some questions up guys.
Hi,

Have tried a number of Tsi's lately and am settling on a configuration for the X1 that copes with most of what I want to do. However...

I want to remap the FX1 FX2 buttons below deck A and Deck B browser buttons as follows, and I'm having a hell of a time for reasons that will become clear:

Basic Mode: Deck A

FX1: Slam crossfader left - so when I hit it, the crossfader, from wherever it is along the crossfade path jumps immediately to full Deck A, and stays there after I release the button.

FX2: Gradual crossfade that moves the crossfader (at a reasonable rate, but not too fast) toward the Deck A side, from wherever it is on the crossfade path. When I touch the button it should move only while I have the button held down, and then remain where it stops when I release the button.

Shift Mode: Deck A - as for NI Standard map, unchanged.

Basic Mode: Deck B

FX1 - Gradual crossfade that moves the crossfader (at a reasonable rate, but not too fast) toward the Deck B side, from wherever it is on the crossfade path. When I touch the button it should move only while I have the button held down, and then remain where it stops when I release the button.

FX2 - Slam crossfader right - so when I hit it, the crossfader, from wherever it is along the crossfade path jumps immediately to full Deck B, and stays there after I release the button.

Shift Mode Deck B: as for NI Standard map, unchanged.

To cover the loss of functionality, I'd thought of having the Top LHS Deck A FX1 'on' button act so that if I push it, it activates FX1 for both deck A&B (I use chained mode only so this button's doing nothing and is not lit up or triggering anything as far as I can tell.

Same approach for the Top RHS Deck B FX2 'on' button, so it activates FX2 on both deck A&B.

Apologies for the big post, but thought it better to fully describe what I'm trying to achieve.

what I can't get my head around is the crossfader gradual movement and position stop upon release, the slam (is it possible?) and having two targets (FX1 on deck A&B turn on / off) but with only 1 button mapped to it.

any assistance gratefully recieved

Cheers,

Drex
Demetra Pinizzotto
I believe it only works for 1.1.1
Doug Bieling
the tsi merger doesn't work anymore.
It was made for an older version of traktor. Since then ni changed the tsi codes.
your frikkin jokin!! Nooo!!!
Demetra Pinizzotto
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
Ive read somewhere there is a tsi merger if i remember right so i can put them all together once ive finished.
?
The TSi merger doesn't work anymore.
It was made for an older version of traktor. since then NI changed the TSI codes.
Lilliana Perris
AWWW....cheers Squire!

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy