Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.Reply
Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions.
Posted on: 26.01.2011 by Demetra Pinizzotto
In another thread I added two small tutorials for mapping in traktor.
It seemed like a good way to show beginning mappers where to begin, answer mapping questions, and see what other people are mapping.
This way every one can get new ideas and learn how to map their own.

The format is:
title with subject
description of the mapping, (maybe a very short video to show it)

text explanation in steps
screen shots of the mapping window.

see my two tutorials down here.
Elisabeth Blix
Hey! Tanks man!
Yes, soms dutch community s are horribel..
Ot.
You mean the firmware of traktor? I have a full license of traktor pro 2.
When i look by service manager h
Era Roka
NL:
Heey gozer! welkom hier!
Ik denk dat het mischien iets met je firmware te maken heeft, dus ik zou die eerst ff updaten. Je engels is trouwens helemaal niet zo slecht en hier op DJTT is de laatste plek waar ze je er op af zouden zeiken (kunnen wij in NL nog heel wat van leren )
Nogmaals welkom op DJTechTools

EN:
Ey Dude, welcome to DJTT
I believe it has something to do with your firmware, so i recommend you to update that first.
Elisabeth Blix
hello!

Im new here, this is my first question on djtt!

I am tryng to map the loop in / out led's on my dn sc 2000, but in simply wouldn't work.
when i klick 'loop in' or 'Loop out' tractor doesn't send a midi out signal.
is there anyone who can help me?

sorry for my bad english i am from holland.
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by Bread Freshley
I got you, homie. Instant Grat, FaderFX, SLICER. I'll be finished soon.
how have u implemented the SLICER? not just using the beat slicer within traktors effects?
Flor Jagers
Originally Posted by fdawg
any mapping gods out there making a decent traktor mapping for the Twitch?

I dont mind the stock one but ideally i would like to use the "beatgrid" mode for the performance pads as a mini 8 button instant gratification set up if that makes sense but I am a total noob with mapping traktor.
I got you, homie. Instant Grat, FaderFX, SLICER. I'll be finished soon.

Can anyone help me decode how to implement the Midi Fighter beatmasher combo? The one that spins down all awesome-like after 4 button presses.
Francesca Reeley
my s2 djtt mapping makes my browser skip every other song. how do i change this? it doesnt go 1 by 1 it skips one down. the other problem is my crossfader isnt working O.o it will be all the way left and ill still hear things from deck 2 wtf
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by Morderain
Got it, thanks I spent more than two hours yesterday tryin' to solve this problem, but now that's all clear because in every case of midi feedback the led workin always in the same way, thanks a lot mate, I'm goin to try the midimasher's mapping and let you know if somethin happened!
cool... i *believe* i crammed a bit too much into the lpd8 layout, but it's not too hard to tweak:

Code:
+--------+--------+--------+--------+
| slicer | slicer | sync   | deck   |  
| on/off |loopmode|        | a/b    |  \
+--------+--------+----- --+--------+   * PAD mode
| play   | cue    | seek-  | seek+  |  /
|        |        |        |        |
| hot    | hot    | hot    | hot    |  
| cue 1  | cue 2  | cue 3  | cue 4  |  \
+--------+--------+--------+--------+   * CC mode
| loop   | loop-  | loop+  | shift  |  /
| active |        |        |        |
| beatjmp| beatjmp| beatmp | beatjmp|  
| -16    | -8     | +8     | +16    |  \
+--------+--------+--------+--------+   * PC mode
| beatjmp| beatmp | beatjmp| beatjmp|  /
| -4     | -2     | +2     | +4     |
it basically gives you 15 pads per deck, and a deck a/b toggle

that's all defined in config/lpd8.lua

edit: this code is one of the fixes i had to put in for example for the lpd8 in that file:

Code:
        -- the lpd8 turns the led off when u release, keep it on if hotcue is set

if v == 0 then
            if get("traktor", hotcue_state) > 0 then
                send(d, e, ON, p)
            end
        end
Deena Jaroszewski
Originally Posted by zestoi
the lpd8 has an "issue" where the pad led will *always* turn off when u let go of it - regardless of any midi feedback sent to it from traktor etc (and ofc turn on whenever u press it)

the trick i use in my midimasher code is that as soon as the lpd8 sends an ON or OFF messages for any pad the code checks to see what midi data had previously been sent to it and if they're not the same then it sends another message back to the lpd8 to set/reset it.

i have an example midimasher lpd8 mapping in my sig for the lpd8 if u wanted to give it a try.
Got it, thanks I spent more than two hours yesterday tryin' to solve this problem, but now that's all clear because in every case of midi feedback the led workin always in the same way, thanks a lot mate, I'm goin to try the midimasher's mapping and let you know if somethin happened!
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by Morderain
Somebody can help me? I've a question about led's mapping, I've got a akai lpd8 and I use it in traktor 2 as sample decks+ fx advanced and filter, and the leds turns on when the pad is push and goes down when it's push again (I map it all in toggle) but I want make it workin in the opposite way, so when the control it's off the led has to be on and when it's push the led has to turn off.
Any idea?
As always I apologise for my English lol (Italian school sucks)
the lpd8 has an "issue" where the pad led will *always* turn off when u let go of it - regardless of any midi feedback sent to it from traktor etc (and ofc turn on whenever u press it)

the trick i use in my midimasher code is that as soon as the lpd8 sends an ON or OFF messages for any pad the code checks to see what midi data had previously been sent to it and if they're not the same then it sends another message back to the lpd8 to set/reset it.

i have an example midimasher lpd8 mapping in my sig for the lpd8 if u wanted to give it a try.
Deena Jaroszewski
Somebody can help me? I've a question about led's mapping, I've got a akai lpd8 and I use it in traktor 2 as sample decks+ fx advanced and filter, and the leds turns on when the pad is push and goes down when it's push again (I map it all in toggle) but I want make it workin in the opposite way, so when the control it's off the led has to be on and when it's push the led has to turn off.
Any idea?
As always I apologise for my English lol (Italian school sucks)
Alvera Farrelly
I just wanted to put out a word to keep you motivated.
It really isn't all that hard!

this site will give you all the tools to create you're Ideal mapping!

There's probably no plug and play fix for you're wishes and the mapping screen is a b*tch but if you're not still asking you're mam to whipe you're ass you will get it eventually..
Dede Walburg
Hey, just wondering if anyone has a video (or other material) to help a complete noob to mapping in Traktor. I have the S4 and want to make a custom mapping but don't really know what the f**k I am doing lol. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

DjCh3

www.soundcloud.com/djch3
www.facebook.com/djch3
Harris Bejma
Need some help guys. I'm trying to map a single button to load a loop From a playing deck into a sample slot and play unmuted while seamlessly pausing the deck which the loop was loaded from. For those familiar with it, I'm basically trying to mimic what the sample buttons do on vsi-100se (traktor pro 2, latest mapping). I'm trying to replicate this on a denon x1600 mixer, so far I have been able to map everything to function properly except pausing the deck in which I loaded the sample from. I hope it's not any type of hardware limitation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Maryalice Gilfus
hi,
Can anyone help?
Iv have an akai mpk mini set up for hotcues and fx.the problem is that when i press a fx key it activates a hotcue pad as well.
Maryalice Gilfus
af
Cristin Peskar

I dont mind the stock one but ideally i would like to use the "beatgrid" mode for the performance pads as a mini 8 button instant gratification set up if that makes sense but I am a total noob with mapping traktor.
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by Watoosh
You sir, are a genius! Thanks a lot! It works like a charm now
cheers
Marlena Breyette
Originally Posted by zestoi
add in>tempo>tempo range, set type=button, mode=inc (or dec) and then select the deck target

edit: i have no working knowledge of the S4 tho and it's hid/midi modes - could be u can just do something in the NI controller manager for it
You sir, are a genius! Thanks a lot! It works like a charm now
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by Watoosh
Been trying to figure mapping out for myself but since I seem to be retarded when it comes to modern electronics I give up. I want to map the tempo offset buttons on the S4 to change the tempo range for each deck by one step on the list (e.g 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and all the way up to a 100 percent. So if I were to have a range of 4%, then pressing the offset button UP once, Traktor would give me 6% and so on, and pressing the DOWN button it would step down again. Can anyone give me a hint?
add in>tempo>tempo range, set type=button, mode=inc (or dec) and then select the deck target

edit: i have no working knowledge of the S4 tho and it's hid/midi modes - could be u can just do something in the NI controller manager for it
Marlena Breyette
Been trying to figure mapping out for myself but since I seem to be retarded when it comes to modern electronics I give up. I want to map the tempo offset buttons on the S4 to change the tempo range for each deck by one step on the list (e.g 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and all the way up to a 100 percent. So if I were to have a range of 4%, then pressing the offset button UP once, Traktor would give me 6% and so on, and pressing the DOWN button it would step down again. Can anyone give me a hint?
Lorine Krattli

Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by jtl21
This may be an easy one. I've been trying to figure out how to map a button that toggles an effects unit from single to group. Any ideas? sorry if this is a repost.
first create a toggled control:

* add in>modifier>M1, cond M1=0, type=button, mode=direct, value=1
* add in>modifier>M1, cond M1=1, type=button, mode=direct, value=0

then use the toggle to switch fx unit mode:

* add in>global>fx panel mode, cond M1=0, type=button, mode=direct, value=group
* add in>global>fx panel mode, cond M1=1, type=button, mode=direct, value=advanced

then add a similar 'out' based on M1 if you want to light a button to reflect the fx panel mode status
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by jessicamike22

Does Mixage Interface edition works with LE2?
Why, at Traktor LE 1 , in the (preferences- controler manager) don't apear any mapping, only "General Keyboard and Mixage interface edition" with no chance to view the mapping?
you can't edit custom mappings in traktor LE.
Truman Gromis

Does Mixage Interface edition works with LE2?
Why, at Traktor LE 1 , in the (preferences- controler manager) don't apear any mapping, only "General Keyboard and Mixage interface edition" with no chance to view the mapping?
Rozella Sirmons
This may be an easy one. I've been trying to figure out how to map a button that toggles an effects unit from single to group. Any ideas? sorry if this is a repost.
Benny Lege
Great Mappings Guys!
Suzann Go
Ive just been playing with an S4. There sure is a lot of stuff to configure. The info on here is a great help. Thanks guys
Pasty Klehn
Hey All,

I've got a question in relation to super knobs. Since the upgrade to traktor pro 2.1.2, I cant seem to find a way to turn an effect on half way through the knob turn. With my previous version of TP2 I was able to do this by mapping "Effect On" as a Knob/Fader and messing around with the settings. However now it only gives you the option of using it as a button which means the instant the knob is turned the effect turns on.

I guess you could probably use modifiers which change value as the knob is turned, and then turn the effect on only in a certain state, however I am wondering if there is an easier way.

Thanks in advance.
Ira Alsadi
I have read all the community s and all the posts and can not find anything to solve or address the problem I am having. I will be as thorough as I can.

I am trying to simply (or as I thought) map the third layer of my dicers to trigger sample deck to start/stop. Sounds easy enough. I am new to midi mapping so I hope it is an easy solution. The following are the steps I am taking:

1)delete all midi mappings from controller manager and reset Traktor and dicer

2)Add->Generic Midi (from Device drop down)

3)set in and out port to Novation Dicer (have also tried All Ports)

4)Add In->sample deck->play primary

5)learn note->hit dicer button (Ch13.NoteC4)->unclick learn

6)set Assignment to Sample Deck 1 Slot 1

7)Load track to Deck A (track deck)

8)Load loop from Deck A to Sample Deck C Slot 1

When I push the assigned button on the dicer I get an error which states "Error loading sample slot from deck: Current active deck is not a track deck"

I am sure it is a simple solution but any suggestions are appreciated. I am running TSP 2.1.2 in external mode with deck A&B as track decks and decks C&D as sample decks with 4 slots each.

Solved. I was mapping to the incorrect Sample deck. I needed to map to Sample deck 3 Slot 1.
Buford Dworkin
Originally Posted by no_rex4u
so i have an issue,

im using a padkontrol as a MF type controller. and when i hold my shift pad down, and press another pad, the command is sent to both the modified assignment, and the normal non-modifeid assignment. any idea how to avoid that?
Go to the non-modified assignment and select add modifier in question and then value = 0.

So it should look like this:

Hotcue set/store: CH01CC#1
Modifier: M1 Value: 0

Delete Hotcue: CH01CC#1
Modifer: M1 Value: 1

That will make 1 button set a hot cue, jump to the hotcue when pressed and then when M1 is activated (a shift key etc) it will delete the hotcue.

Whoops, didn't see it had already been answered!
Chasidy Heckenbach
Originally Posted by no_rex4u
so i have an issue,

im using a padkontrol as a MF type controller. and when i hold my shift pad down, and press another pad, the command is sent to both the modified assignment, and the normal non-modifeid assignment. any idea how to avoid that?
sounds like you have a shift button that sets something like M1 to 1 and a shifted command that only gets sent out when M1=1 but the non shifted command is also getting sent out when u press the shift button?

if so then you need to make sure you add the condition M1=0 to the non shifted command
Era Roka
set the modified assignent to Modifier x (1,2,3,4, enz) and set the value to 1
set the non modfier assigment to modifier x (same as above) and set the value to 0
Chandra Lean
so i have an issue,

Sung Zebrowski
very usefull info here, tnx
Buford Dworkin
I was using DELETE CUE/LOOP instead of DELETE HOTCUE.
Moment of madness - lasted a week though :/
Buford Dworkin
I have a question about mapping for the DELETE button for HOTCUES - and deleteing hotcues while they are NOT active.

I am using a generic midi controller (Korg padKontrol).
I have set a button (lets call him button A) to set cue "1" and another button (lets call him button B) to delete cue "1".
So as the track is playing I can set my cue where ever I want just by pressing A. When hot cue 1 is active (selected in the cue menu of the deck), button B will delete the hotcue and then I can use button A to select a new hotcue position.

BUT!

When hotcue 1 is not active (for example if a different hotcue has just been pressed and is currently selected in the hotcue menu of the deck) button B does not delete the hotcue!!!

I want a way to delete hotcues without having to active them first because that means jumping around the track activating the cues before deleting them.

I have come up with a work around but its a pain...
When the track playing and I don't want to jump to a cue position just to delete it, I set a 32 bar loop from the current position, then load it to a sample deck, fade in the sample deck and out the track deck, now the song is continuing (for a limited time) and I can work on the track, now I select the hotcue I want to delete by cueing to it and now I can delete it, now cue back to the out position of that loop I just made earlier and slam it at the end of the sample deck. This means I have to do it before the sample deck ends (not hard, infact there is time to delete all 8 hotcues, but still...) and it's a waste of time.

I have a feeling there is no simple way to do this because of the way Traktor sets up cues in the computers memory. If anyone knows of a way, or even a better work around that would be great.
Era Roka
I've a question were's and how can i map the function that a certain fx bank is assinged to a certain deck????
Arthur Prestwich
Thanx for the info! I finally got it! I followed the video (Building sweep) army of me and installed my older traktor version 2.0.1 and it worked in S4 midi mode!

Thanx again!
Charline Dye
If this is he same person from YouTube.
My answer to you from YouTube was.....

MrBedroomDJ
She's using an S2 and you have an S4. Just make your own mapping in midi mode by using her sweep video to see how it is done.

For Midi mode TSI's
Yul has a juggle mode TSI in the S4 community , also thetraktorbible.com has a few that do different things.
Also there is a loop recorder TSI for super knobs in the S4 community .

I really suggest learning to map things yourself as you will have a much better handle on how things work. I would only do this in midi mode though, (at least until you really understand all th ins and outs) as in NHL mode you have to negate things first, and you are limited on what you can map.

Welcome to DJTT!
Arthur Prestwich
I've got a question about mapping my Traktor S4. I'm running Traktor Pro 2 with the 2.1.1 update.

Question #1 I've been trying to map the armyofme4340 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZX2Y...el_video_title

or load the tsi and it is not working, in native mode or in midi mode. Can anyone help me figure this out? I've loaded it about 3 times and restarted Traktor twice and even restarted my Mac.

Question #2 Does anyone know of any good free mappings for traktor s4 in midi mode?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy