Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HEREReply
Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE
Posted on: 06.05.2008 by
I want to start a thread where everyone can see all the custom gear that has been created by other djs here at Dj Tech Tools. Post a few photos of your set up and a brief description of what you did.
Delmar Swamy
I like
Candyce Parrinello
my ntc - drawer liner veneer. lime green controls. soon to be paired with a homemade midi fighter inspired sidearm.

Joselyn Supina
I'm still debating on getting those. I wish when you picked the combo pack for the reduced price, you got to pick different colors. I'd like to switch up a knob or two.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Crappy pic of my S4 with DJTT super knobs and faders:
Darcey Mens

Phase 2 is almost done.. faders, pots and jogs painted (fluorescent green/black), overlay done.. Just need to add the stickers and get my logo and some minor details on the overlay.
Bertha Fathy
Curious...I didn't want to start a new thread for a quick question that could be easily answered here. How does one go about custom painting an S4 safely?
Era Roka
Originally Posted by MaxOnBass
Modding of my VCI-100 is in progress.. painted most faders and pots fluorescent green and painted some black, painting the jogwheels black with a green 45 adapter in the middle, doing my overlay and logo sticker.. pics as soon as I get an USB cable for my phone
sounds cool!
Darcey Mens
Modding of my VCI-100 is in progress.. painted most faders and pots fluorescent green and painted some black, painting the jogwheels black with a green 45 adapter in the middle, doing my overlay and logo sticker.. pics as soon as I get an USB cable for my phone
Fatimah Czuprynski
Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy
At the back there are screws, and to get to the hidden four u have to pull the feet off, but if u do it carefully then u will be able to put em back on.
Next u have to pull all The knob and slider caps off, and unscrew all the internal screws that connect the pcb to the faceplate, then u can just take it out.
there were screws under the feet? lol, i kinda feel stupid now...
Abram Stroy
Hey guys, my first post, but have already cruised the site, im really digging the diy mods, so i thought i would post something i made awhile back for gigs, the legs unscrew, and the whole table folds down to a normal table about 4" thick. Looking back i would have done a few things different, make it a little sturdier and higher up so not so bad for the back. But other than that it has served me well, I'm going to try to make a new one from the Ikea DYI tables on DJTT. Some really great designs!

P.S. LOL those cookie monster headphones are a joke I used them for 15 secs at a gig once, so they are really just a novelty.
Wayne Washko
this xsession is so easy to take apart - drummer boy got it - the knobs should pop off no prob. once i had to use a butter knife to wedge between the bottom of the knob and the controller surface but they're generally really easy to remove.
Marva Cupid
At the back there are screws, and to get to the hidden four u have to pull the feet off, but if u do it carefully then u will be able to put em back on.
Next u have to pull all The knob and slider caps off, and unscrew all the internal screws that connect the pcb to the faceplate, then u can just take it out.
Fatimah Czuprynski
I'm about to work on a M-Audio Mixlab Mod as i found in this thread. My problem is, i can't fU***** open it. That shit is solid like a tank. Any tips?

here's a picture of the mod i'm talking about (from Beaucauchemar)

PS: can i just pull the knobs out?
Darcey Mens
Thank you very much
I seem to have somehow missed that thread during my search..
Ned Somerset
http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...ighlight=paint
Darcey Mens
Okay this seems to be the right place to ask this.. I was believeing of painting my VCI-100's jog wheels and I am unsure what I must do not to lose the touch sensitivity of the platters. Can I paint them with spray paint and is there something I should keep an eye out? Also, is it recommended to add a protective layer of some kind?

thanks in advance
Kiyoko Wellisch
Again the interwebs :P

Do a google shopping search for what you want and pick the site with good reviews and a good price
Arcelia Siebeneck
Originally Posted by headsdeep
are you multiplexin on this
with a mega?

sorry about the late link on cheamore yah right

http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arca...3mm/13138.html

fucking 37 cents each

not as good as the swana but i moded them to travel les
I bought 32 of these recently - you certainly get what you pay for!

would you mind explaining how you modded them to travel less?
Kiyoko Wellisch
Pads > arcade buttons (but the K2 doesn't have either :P)
Patrica Giancaterino
Originally Posted by MrPopinjay
No encoders, fewer buttons, weaker build? Yeah I'ma take the K2 I believe. Still a nice unit though.
Meh midifighter style layout makes up for it imo (arcade buttons>pads)
Adriana Bazzelle
I like it.
Proto leads to proof!
Kiyoko Wellisch
No encoders, fewer buttons, weaker build? Yeah I'ma take the K2 I believe. Still a nice unit though.
Patrica Giancaterino
Originally Posted by MaxOnBass
And here we have a predecessor of the Xone:K2
.. I'd take this over a K2 anyday.. just me?
Sanford Hartery
Originally Posted by ToS
Nice touch with the arrow. If you put some more thought into it, you can get it to fold, and a failsafe if the tape breaks, to prevent sudden drop of your device on the table.
it seems to be pretty stable, and yeah i thought the arrow was good, its only a prototype tho
Darcey Mens
Originally Posted by Brinx
And here we have a predecessor of the Xone:K2
Rhona Naron
use electrical tape that shit tends to work like rubber feet.
DJ MENSAH
Nice touch with the arrow. If you put some more thought into it, you can get it to fold, and a failsafe if the tape breaks, to prevent sudden drop of your device on the table.
Sanford Hartery
inspired by the new dj tech tools stands
i dont have any money therefore i had to make do with what i own,, some duck tape and some cardboard box, it wont cope well with wet conditions

http://blackoutwhit3.files.wordpress...2933.jpg?w=785
Odell Boothman
hey guys. been djing for about a year built this dj booth/stand for the private parties and events that I get hired for.

I hate it when I get hired for a gig and they want me to put my gear on 3 foot high plastic table, looks redic, and amateur.

i welded sheet metal and .25 square piping. together, has a couple wheels on them, now painted mostly matte black believeing about putting some led bars on them or wiring some custom LEDs.

let me know what you believe.

Wayne Washko
Originally Posted by jprime
My circuit bent TR-707

nice work Jeremy! this ones not for breaks production is it?
Ninfa Larranaga
^ nice workl!
Merlene Mancia
Skinned my S4 last evening

Breanne Penge
My circuit bent TR-707

Wayne Washko
nice work FLoer - compact
Wendy Heckenkamp
My VCI-100 with custom sticker (for my mappings)
+ numShotter DIY-Controller ( http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=36857 )
+ magma flightcase (originally ment for vci 300)

(take the typo and marry it )
DJ MENSAH
Crafty fella'. Reminds me of X:1D, but I like this one better.
Lakeisha Allaway
Originally Posted by Ryan Leo
Brinx man, nice.

Thats the cleanest looking thing I've seen in a long time. Way to go.
Thx Ryan!
Lakeisha Allaway
Originally Posted by rutierut
How did you got so manny controls??
Well in short the faders and the top buttons are directly connected to the expansion ports on the Midifighter.
Then theres 2 different ways to go for the rotary pots. Either you multiplex the midifighter (you can study how to on this community ) OR you go the lazy route and use another controlboard for the faders (ive used a nanokontroll board) this makes it appear as 2 controllers but it doesnt require any firmware programming.

I will cover all the details in a separate thread when the project is finished!
Era Roka
How did you got so manny controls??
Yee Bedilion
Brinx man, nice.

Thats the cleanest looking thing I've seen in a long time. Way to go.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy