Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HEREReply
Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE
Posted on: 06.05.2008 by
I want to start a thread where everyone can see all the custom gear that has been created by other djs here at Dj Tech Tools. Post a few photos of your set up and a brief description of what you did.
Danelle Kaumans
All white DDJ-S1 with ITCH

Micha Tollas

my Dj consol in black
Lakesha Comtois
Thanks. I was believeing about painting it with a rubberized spray or doing a skin.
I got the idea from those ergonomic keyboards.
Of course now I am already wishing the X1 would be at a slight angle between the other two.
Candyce Parrinello
i like how you pretty much put your entire setup into a single surface. you could almost do your whole set blindfolded. ergonomics is half the battle. btw, how are you gonna finish the top surface?
Lakesha Comtois
I still need to do a lot of the finish work on this but couldn't wait to post it. Need to make the opening a little bigger to sink Maschine and the X1.
I cut the case off of the Mixtrack and sunk that into a panel as well. I took off the loop function buttons and wired the arcade buttons to the circuit board.
Love the feel of those buttons for hot cues.
Candyce Parrinello
mapped it in a hurry to see if it worked. little man is mesmerized.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU0XhXnmjsE
Candyce Parrinello
the brain = http://www.ultimarc.com/ipacve.html

i may need to expand to something more versatile. as for the size, yep it's a behemoth no question. i wanted to leave plenty of room to expand. when i finally learn how to hook up and map analog signals, a set of knobs will fit between the buttons and the stick of joy. i've got a weekend thing i'm doing for a retreat center on the 24th. should get some video of this working. i'm on a tight budget so as of now it's mapped to virtual DJ, still working out how to compile multiple beatgrids simultaneously.
Era Roka
What's the brain??
Patrica Giancaterino
Why is it so big? Just wondering, you probably could've made it alot smaller. Anyways its cool as hell and I love the paint job
DJ MENSAH
Hell! That looks great. Make us a usage video, something live and wild!
Darcey Mens
9voltsoul, that looks seriously wicked! Great job!
Candyce Parrinello
built this case out of plexiglass and superglue gel (the greatest bonding stuff ever)

then added a wood veneer and a stencil. the joystick and balltop are from paradise arcade in australia (shipping was only $6 and i live in the US!!!)

just have to rewire it and start experimenting. the joystick is an 8 way stick so ideally it will have 4 beatmashers tied to it. (such that each corner will be a combination of two beatmashers)

Logan Mazzullo

Oh man.. that is so sexy.. How long did all the sanding take? Jogs still have touch sensitivity?

Edit: Also, what's this additional controller you'll be using? Custom?
Sanding didn't took that long. I believe i was done withing a hour for the controller. For the knobs it took a little bit longer but i did that when the controller was drying from the paint.
Marybeth Vengoechea
Originally Posted by s.craigie
Thanks man, its my pride and joy! haha.

I DJ in a duo and we use both this and the s4. I've played around with a few different mappings but at the moment i'm using it for effects and samples.

The 4 rocker switches on the top left turn on all 4 effects units on decks A,B,C,D.

I was using the instant gratification mapping on the 4x4 grid originally however I have now mapped my own version. Starting from the top -
3 yellows are different beat slicer values, black is delay.
Oranges are reverb, purple is tape delay, white is reverse grain.
Greens are beatmasher.
Blues are gater, purple is LFO.

The horizontal fader is effects dry/wet.
Left vertical fader is a build (iceverb, peak filter, reverb) - tutorial on youtube.
Right vertical fader is volume fader for deck D (I keep white noise stored in one of the sample slots).
4 pots(in the vertical line) are all different super knobs i have come up with.
Two pots at the top right are for master tempo and browse - and the white button in the middle is a shift (so I can reset the pot to keep scrolling - have to do this because the umc32+ doesnt support encoders).
Top right white button cycles through deck D inputs (sample, track, live input).

Then on the front panel I have another rocker switch. With this on it puts the controller into sample mode where the grid loads / triggers samples, pots are filters and so on.

I hope that all makes sense! If anyone is planning on making a controller I highly recommend putting some rocker switches in. You can just map them as modifiers and then you can completely remap the controller for each switch - believe of it as a shift key being permanently held down.
Mate thats awesome. Where is the YouTube vid for the build up you mentioned for left fader. Can someone post a link for me. Thanks in advance
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Hey guys, when you see spam like this, just click the report post button and type spam...that should keep this thread clean. However, some of it is pretty funny.
+1 ... we have said it before. Report and ignore please.
Joselyn Supina
Hey guys, when you see spam like this, just click the report post button and type spam...that should keep this thread clean. However, some of it is pretty funny.
DJ MENSAH
SPAM is fun sometimes, eh?
Kiyoko Wellisch
16. Duct tape
24. Doan magnesium block
30. Morakniv Swedish Army knife
37. nylon knee-high pantyhose

WTF are you planning to do at the park?
Allene Manitta
33. housekey

brilliant!
Danae Dumler
Wow... that's like the best post I've seen in years. Kudos! And where can I get some of those indestructible tubes with county comm microtowels? Talk about a party!
Shonda Soulier
Originally Posted by Jimmy586
By far one of the most creative cases for a controller.
These appear to be behind a pay wall
Cristin Peskar

So i just finished my VCI-100 mod.

I completely remapped the controller for basic mixing and the use of effects within Traktor. (Don't need the beat juggle functions because i will use another controller for that.)
Alfredo Tooher
modded my CDJ2000 LEDs and DJM800 mixer, Hope you like:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1184069/CDJ2...d/IMAG0596.jpg
Kiyoko Wellisch
Because it'll look better in the marketing photos.
Wava Zachery
Almost done skinning the right side of my S2.
The whole reason for doing this project is clearly visible in the photos...why such a shiny surface N.I.???

Nydia Jaurigue
from an angle
Nydia Jaurigue
checkout the image galery in my draft site...thanx
www.knobzmidi.com
Wava Zachery
I made them myself using a vinyl cutter.
I will post pics of the progress on the skin portions soon.

If anyone is interested i can do custom plate mods
Latoria Kavulich
cleared out most of the pesky spammers for ya'll. some of you may have some posts deleted, soz
Kiyoko Wellisch
Nice, how did you make those?
Wava Zachery
Decided to skin my S2 after reading through this thread.
The plates are easy enough to do.

Originally wanted to cover the middle section to prevent any scratches.
Still working on making a skin to cover the S2 in 3 sections LEFT Middle and RIGHT.
Testing it out with a White Matte vinyl once complete i will try a gold leaf or brushed aluminum.
Would S2 skins be something that people would actually buy?
:eek:
Titus Chiddister
Not exactly a photo, but I wanted to show off a new piece of gear I got. (Ignore the music, it was just something I was messing around with for a few minutes.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRZF_HEH-ko
Betsy Orsillo
CF wrapped my dicer(s)

not normally where i put the dicer but wanted to show the other project

Deeann Cheron
Great work.

Some good Mods all round. especially the Long nose picking pinky fingernail a few posts up

Also piss off spammers :eek:
Maryln Huselton
^Glad to see another TC user!

Here's my controller. Not much modding, just decided to change the inlay with something a bit more to my liking it's not the best cutting job either. and sorry for the horrid image quality. would prolly take a better photo toevening .

Can't wait to mod my midi fighter classic when it comes in the mail. Ordered it last Dec 29, but alas it's not here yet. Oh well...
DJ MENSAH
Nice simple modularity. You can switch from regular to battle orientation in a jiffy.
Percy Keehan
Originally Posted by DJTux
---Showed in this vid---
CLICK ME

---Pics---

More pics on my site here
nice what brain is it? looks like livid to me
Candyce Parrinello
Originally Posted by mariakos
could u plz tell me where u got these big knobs? what brand?thanx
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10002

good prices ^^^ and i got my stuff in a hurry. they are 24mm. knobs so incidentally they fit well visually with the 24 mm. buttons (even though the buttons are slightly larger due to the bevel.)
Maisha Lutcher
---Showed in this vid---
CLICK ME

---Pics---

More pics on my site here
Patrica Giancaterino
Cool, can't wait to see the custom controller here!

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy