DJTT "Chroma Caps

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: DJTT "Chroma Caps Reply
DJTT "Chroma Caps
Posted on: 22.11.2011 by Latoria Kavulich
A lot of questions about what gear Chromacaps will or will not fit on since being released, so if yours fit on gear not listed here ..

.. then please speak up and post a pic of them on your gear so the list can be updated. Likewise, if you want to know if they will fit on your gear then ask away in this thread.

Please search through the thread to see if your question has already been answered, to avoid double up queries, thanks.
Betsy Orsillo
Man, those knobs on the twitch are on there super tight. Any one have problems taking them off?..
Clinton Voran
Originally Posted by jsa83
Just buy a few in each colors and see what you'll like. Or atleast 2-3 colors that you like.. I bought a few of each knob color plus 3 super knobs in each color.. I have enough left over for my twitch.. Ill post up some pix of it.... They didnt have any blue knobs so im going to order another batch of blue later and do my cousins vestax. Pricey but its only a fraction of what we spend on gear.
Well, the knobs I'm fine with on the Twitch, the fader caps however, those are definitely pretty crap on the Twitch since they rock forward and back for the channel faders and left to right on the xfader, this causes drag against the top plat. Basically the posts for the faders on the Twitch and thin and tapered. The slots on the DJTT fader caps are made for posts which are wider and more squared off.
Betsy Orsillo
Just buy a few in each colors and see what you'll like. Or atleast 2-3 colors that you like.. I bought a few of each knob color plus 3 super knobs in each color.. I have enough left over for my twitch.. Ill post up some pix of it.... They didnt have any blue knobs so im going to order another batch of blue later and do my cousins vestax. Pricey but its only a fraction of what we spend on gear.
Barton Rigazio
@Lecko, yeah I saw the pictures, just thought I'd ask others to post "moar pics n stuff"!

@dookie, Very true dude! I believe for now I'm just believeing 3 and 3, only for the EQ's on the the 2 decks of my VCI. The VCI-300 knobs are small :-(
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by GI Trackt
Can people post more pics of their controllers with the chroma knobs?! I'm also having a hard time deciding which colors I'd like! Would love to see some of your controllers!
Yes, lets get some cool shots of the chroma knobs on your gear guys
Clinton Voran
Can people post more pics of their controllers with the chroma knobs?! I'm also having a hard time deciding which colors I'd like! Would love to see some of your controllers!
I would say, instead of picking A colour, start believeing about how you use your controller and then believe up of a colour CODING scheme for it. You'll have both a dope looking controller AND a highly functional one.
Julianna Riecken

Have you looked at all the posts in this thread?
Barton Rigazio
Wiley Pollastrini
the green and yellow don't look bad together.

I'm trying to figure out what colors and theme i want to use on my s4.
Opal Franecki
do these fit the xone db4?
Betsy Orsillo
Debbra Sciutto
I toke a black light to my green djtt knobs on my s2 last evening and they react very nicley!!!!
Didn't believe the rubber would pick up on the light but it def does will post pics later!
Zetta Radlinger
yellow ones
Betsy Orsillo
Originally Posted by djpaulie
I ordered second batch and some r missing too, sux till 3rd
which ones are you missing?
Zetta Radlinger
I ordered second batch and some r missing too, sux till 3rd
Carola Wyllys
love this new product.
please check pics
Avelina Escott
I'm in the market for some potentiometers, and would like to use these knobs. Is there any more detailed mechanical information? I'm most interested in shaft diameter. Alternately someone could give me the diameter/height of a shaft that this works well with.
Betsy Orsillo
ordered 52 knobs/faders but a few of them are missing ... and dtt is on vaca til the 3rd..
Cliff Lohman
What lighting is best for visibility of these knobs? I find that its kinda hard to tell some of the lighter colors apart in dark conditions and that the usual gooseneck style lights arent tremendously helpful.

Blacklight? Fluorescent?

While these knobs feel great and all - I mainly use them to color code stuff so being able to see the colors nice + easy is important. Maybe im just color blind.. i dunno..
Betsy Orsillo
Originally Posted by u7z
What does it mean that the knobs bottom is out of the controller surface? And how is it fixable? Has anyone a pic? :-)

Thx
it probably means the faders touch the face plate of the mixer... causing friction.
Kristian Egans
What does it mean that the knobs bottom is out of the controller surface? And how is it fixable? Has anyone a pic? :-)

Thx
Kristian Egans
What does it mean that the knob botton is out on controller surface? And how is it fixable? :-) Anyone has a pic?
Georgiann Bayze
Someone plz help do the knobs fit on the akai lpd 8?????
Lashonda Corris
BACK TO THE DDM GUYS, I found em' this is the German firm that supplys DJTT's custom colour knobs and faders messaged them bout ddm... so we'll see what they say...

The Original DJTT post:
http://www.djranking s.com/2011/11/0...now-available/

and the Firms website:

http://www.djs-face.com/
Lynell Piechocinski
Looks very good
Betsy Orsillo
man ... that blk/blue with a splash of yellow looks very nice. just ordered mine last evening , too bad they didn't have any blue knobs in stock.
Julianna Riecken
Pics of mine that arrived this morning!

Sonny Schimmer
actually the faders work perfectly on the djm's, the knobs work too but the indicator is upside down-doesnt really bother me too much cause i know which way to turn them
Aweosme, well that's that sorted but now for the DDM4000, as these knobs don't fit, anyone know where I can get something similar that does?
Zetta Radlinger
actually the faders work perfectly on the djm's, the knobs work too but the indicator is upside down-doesnt really bother me too much cause i know which way to turn them
Sonny Schimmer
So basically they don't fit any of the Pioneer Or Behringer mixers? I just noticed it didn't show the DJM700? Sorry if it's up and I'v missed it lol
Asley Birchler
Hoping someone out there can point me towards a pic of these knobs on a Rane TTM57.

I'd hate to buy them and find out they fit too tight / close.
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by Tabaka
Just wondering if any of the knobs will fit on the CDJ-1000 Vinyl speed adjust touch/brake and release start?

Thanks,
Tabaka
the knobs fit on it ok..

the shaft is slightly short tho so u may find it coming of if u pull the knob really hard. In normal use of that knob, it should be ok.
Bob Padia
Just wondering if any of the knobs will fit on the CDJ-1000 Vinyl speed adjust touch/brake and release start?

Thanks,
Tabaka
Malorie Flamenco
If someone changed the knobs on a mixtrack or mixtrack pro, Is it possible to remove the browse knob? That seems very stubborn. Every other knob, I can take it off easily but not the browse knob?
Latoria Kavulich
that sounds great man. thanks
Lashonda Corris
TO THE DJTT GUYS & MODERATORS I WOULD DO A SPREADSHEET OF ALL DJ GEAR CONTROLLERS & MIXERS ETC... THE kNOBS AND FADERS HAVE BEEN TESTED ON WITH A SIMPLE "DO THEY FIT YES OR NO?" AND SMALL DESCRIPTION AS HOW THE FIT. JUST TO CLEAR UP ALL THE QUESTIONS ABOUT GEAR. AND IT CAN BE UPDATED AS NEW KIT COMES OUT AND GETS TESTED @ DJTT (just a thought...)

HO' I just realized the table at the start of the post but always could do with a update
Verlie Osterhage
Can I put Knobs on the Effects endless knobs of the Numark Mixtrack Pro?

And what about the knobs of the Akai Mpk Mini, are they changeable?

http://www.thomann.de/de/media_bdbvi...4.html?image=7

Cliff Lohman
wish they would make a non ruberized fader for the crossfader's, cant crab on the sticky rubber ones.. had to leave on the orig. hard plastic one
agreed - they feel nice + chunky but not a great crossfader solution.
The rubber djtt faders are nice for channel line faders and efx-faders imo.

Theres this metal one on ebay thats pretty nice if u like a fatter knob.. outside of the that, I remember an older vestax mixer I had that had a silver crossfader that was pretty much the perfect size + feel. I forgot I pulled all the knobs + stuff off of it before I chucked it.
Zetta Radlinger
wish they would make a non ruberized fader for the crossfader's, cant crab on the sticky rubber ones.. had to leave on the orig. hard plastic one
Chandra Lean
Originally Posted by dubmo
If I would change the gain knobs (which I use as filters) to DJTT knobs... would I get rid off the "click-adjusting"? The EQ knobs are nice because they are the "max right / max left" type and give that smooth adjusting experience when the gain knobs just roll and click endlessly. And that makes transitions sound crappy. Kinda sad that NI didn't put filter knobs into S2.

Maybe the real question is... does the clicking come from the knob or the metal piece under it? If it's not fixable... well... then I guess I just gotta re-map filter to some FX knob or some shizzle.
usually it is the actual potentiometer that has the "click" you speak of

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy