DJTT "Chroma Caps

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: DJTT "Chroma Caps Reply
DJTT "Chroma Caps
Posted on: 22.11.2011 by Latoria Kavulich
A lot of questions about what gear Chromacaps will or will not fit on since being released, so if yours fit on gear not listed here ..

.. then please speak up and post a pic of them on your gear so the list can be updated. Likewise, if you want to know if they will fit on your gear then ask away in this thread.

Please search through the thread to see if your question has already been answered, to avoid double up queries, thanks.
Jared Ruelos
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
I posted this in another thread. They fit perfectly

And in case it helps. Heres the faders side by side (DJTT / S4)

Thanks so much! This helps a bunch!
Latoria Kavulich
patience, padawan
Emelina Chillson
Por que no glow in the dark knobs?
Emelina Chillson
The Super Knobs fit on my contour. Whoop Whoop!
Tamiko Manukian
yes i have seen them on
Mathilda Loeffel
This may fall on deaf ears but it would be awesome if you guys posted your pictures of the chroma caps in this thread http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...723#post580723

that was people can have an easy way to view how they look without sifting through the questions.
Tamiko Manukian
the glow in the darks have a clear color when there not glowing i have 2
Tommy Thiner
Does anyone know if these Chroma Caps fit on a M-Audio Venom Synth? Greatly appreciated
Brunilda Kora
I'm more than happy to do it myself, i just want to know if the chromas are made of such material that drilling into it might make the drill "bite", and cause the cap to spin in my hand... Ouchy.

The caps already have a shaft recess that fit's the "D" on the pots of DDM4K - so drilling to a size where a press (interference) fit is achieved won't be possible. And I don't like the idea of using any glue/epoxy/cement.

A 6mm drill will do it, though.
Klara Kinnebrew
Patch, I dont have the mixer In Question but I have done a fair share of modding in my life. I dont see any reason why that would not work. The chroma caps are just plastic. They will drill out easy. I would get the right size bit and drill it out for a press fit meaning its a little hard to get on but it is tight. If you accidently make it a tiny bit too big, I wouldnt mess with paper. A TINY dab of epoxy like JB weld will do it. If you use a tiny bit it will be DAMN secure but will come off if you REALLY need it too. Wish you lived in the states or I would do it for you. I have a pretty nice mod shop built in my basement... good luck.
Brunilda Kora
Anybody?
Brunilda Kora
Question re: choma caps fitting. I've seen that there is a 90 degree offset when using the chroma's with the DDM4K.

Could I get around this by using a drill to drill out the flat part of the shaft recess in the chroma's, and and then folding some paper around the shafts on the mixer to get a nice tight (interference) fit?

I did this with the splined shafts on the caps I used to mod my UC-33e. Drilling out splines was easy - but how hard is the material on the chroma's?

UC-33e mod (incl. drilling info) here:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post281195
http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post132826

Cheers!
Gaynell Rydberg
DDJ-SX looks so good. I wanted to try it out but they were all in boxes
Lillian Morch
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Faders fit on xone:42?
Faders fit. Knobs not.
Betty Hanson
Got my new Chroma Caps for the DDJ-SX. I love these things!!! decided to go with Yellow & Grey Super Knobs for the EQ's and FX sections and Black Fattys for all Gain Controls. The Fatty Knobs do sit a bit high but it doesn't bother me at all and doesn't affect their performance/feel.

Pics:

Sierra Shittu
Originally Posted by William Gibson
It means that the caps will go on the pots or fader post so far as to touch the face of the controller/mixer/etc. Same thing happens on the crossfader on my apc40. The fader cap can not be pushed down all the way. Hope I explained that clear enough. It makes sense in my head...
Understood...Cheers Will
Klara Kinnebrew
Originally Posted by DeeJaySmoove
Im looking to buy some for my DDJ SX as well. I saw the fit guide on the order page says that "knobs/faders bottom out on surface of controller". What does that mean?

Also, Can we get some chroma cap value packs for DDJ-SX? Please?
It means that the caps will go on the pots or fader post so far as to touch the face of the controller/mixer/etc. Same thing happens on the crossfader on my apc40. The fader cap can not be pushed down all the way. Hope I explained that clear enough. It makes sense in my head...
Sierra Shittu
Originally Posted by viper9711
Small Knobs and Fadercaps fitt's fine at the New Pioneer DDJ-SX. Big Knobs are to high.
Im looking to buy some for my DDJ SX as well. I saw the fit guide on the order page says that "knobs/faders bottom out on surface of controller". What does that mean?

Also, Can we get some chroma cap value packs for DDJ-SX? Please?
Betty Hanson
My new Pioneer DDJ-SX with some Chroma Caps! Yellow and grey super knobs black fattys and black/1 red fader

Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by murderline

Stanton SA-8 (not plugged in, waiting on my power supply to come in at Guitar Center).

Super and Fatty will not fit stock. Not mentioned anywhere on the product page is that the knobs require a flat spot on the potentiometer shaft, but this can be filed down, took a few minutes with the Dremel to get these on the mixer.

I ordered purple and magenta knobs. I was slightly disappointed about the color of the purple knobs being so off compared to the photos online, but now I'm not sure now if I got the right ones...the "purple" ones seem more like a pastel pink.
that looks great...got to have personality to rock the magenta knobs!
Federico Vilas

Gaynell Rydberg
Faders fit on xone:42?
Amada Vanepps

Stanton SA-8 (not plugged in, waiting on my power supply to come in at Guitar Center).

Super and Fatty will not fit stock. Not mentioned anywhere on the product page is that the knobs require a flat spot on the potentiometer shaft, but this can be filed down, took a few minutes with the Dremel to get these on the mixer.

I ordered purple and magenta knobs. I was slightly disappointed about the color of the purple knobs being so off compared to the photos online, but now I'm not sure now if I got the right ones...the "purple" ones seem more like a pastel pink.
Gudrun Voeltz
Does the knob and fader fit on the Pioneer DJM-800?
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman
Do the knobs and crossfader work for the Novation Nocturn? (Crossfader and 8 Knobs)

Thanks in advance!
Re-bump.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Sachemdot
I asked Mad Zack to weigh in since I know he has a OHM Slim in his Studio from some of the videos, hopefully he can confirm/deny.

EDIT: unfortunately, they do not according to him

Livid does have battle style faders you can buy from them though, if thats part of what you want.
Thanks for your reply Sachemdot.

I have battle style knobs hopefully shipped out by now and looking forwards to replace ones that came with CNTRL:R. And actually, I want to replace only four at left fader side that I'm using for mixing decks and I'm totally cool with standard caps on right side that I mapped for effect macros so I can easily pick all four knobs with one hand.

Rotary pots feels great, just wanted to replace those caps in unit center that sit on rotary encoders and place some of cool colors instead but it's no biggie. I've heard that DJTT will come up with new line of Chroma Caps that should cover the most of controllers and hopefully they'll consider Livid Instruments as well

Cheers!
Daniell Tortora
Originally Posted by Stewe
Anybody tried Chroma with Livid Instruments?
I asked Mad Zack to weigh in since I know he has a OHM Slim in his Studio from some of the videos, hopefully he can confirm/deny.

EDIT: unfortunately, they do not according to him

Livid does have battle style faders you can buy from them though, if thats part of what you want.
Ada Matzkin
just want to say with a little gumption i was able to put the knobs and some faders on akai apc40
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman
Do the knobs and crossfader work for the Novation Nocturn? (Crossfader and 8 Knobs)

Thanks in advance!
Bump.
Federico Vilas
might I just add that the GnD fader feels amazing as a crossfader for scratching...
Kellie Myrum
Anybody tried Chroma with Livid Instruments?
Wilton Keuning

Thanks in advance!
Federico Vilas
THEY FIT THE VESTAX 07 PRO!

ordered one knob of each type to see if they would fit...they fit BUT they are a little SNUG and you have to almost force them on BUT they fit, they do not sit high, and they feel and look better. They are not perfect fits

* side note, you have to be very careful with the session knob...it can get messed up real easy if you put to much pressure on it...

photo.jpg
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by ErikMinekus
ETA? Weeks, months? It's the only thing keeping me from ordering Chroma Caps. That, and having to figure out which sexy colors I want.
The endless encoder versions should be ready around april-may
Charissa Paganucci
Got my chroma cap today:-)

All installed on Numark Mixdeck

Regular knobs for hi/mid/lows fit perfect
X-faders perfect

However the dry/wet faders fit too loosely, and the fatty knobs are too small when replacing the track selection+source knobs.

Overall happy, however 6 of the 21 caps I ordered wont work.

We shoul throw up a what fits/what doesn't for controller specific applications. I know it said it on the shop site, yet not all are compatible with the Mixdeck.

Kyra Ramquist
Originally Posted by Jester
watch this space!
ETA? Weeks, months? It's the only thing keeping me from ordering Chroma Caps. That, and having to figure out which sexy colors I want.
Wilton Keuning
Hey Jester,

I would like to know how knobs and faders fit on the Novation Nocturn.

Cheers,
Prof.
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by .saint
DJTT is there any "light at the end of the tunnel" for "endless knobs" to fit the knobs that don't need a white tick mark? for the browse & loop knobs on an S4 for example?
watch this space!
Wiley Pollastrini
DJTT is there any "light at the end of the tunnel" for "endless knobs" to fit the knobs that don't need a white tick mark? for the browse & loop knobs on an S4 for example?
Latoria Kavulich
Faders fit the DN-X1600 just fine, Knobs fit but are offset as previously mentioned.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy