DJTT "Chroma Caps

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: DJTT "Chroma Caps Reply
DJTT "Chroma Caps
Posted on: 22.11.2011 by Latoria Kavulich
A lot of questions about what gear Chromacaps will or will not fit on since being released, so if yours fit on gear not listed here ..

.. then please speak up and post a pic of them on your gear so the list can be updated. Likewise, if you want to know if they will fit on your gear then ask away in this thread.

Please search through the thread to see if your question has already been answered, to avoid double up queries, thanks.
Latoria Kavulich
The fatty knobs would look dope on the F1 mate.
Werner Bile
Which size knobs would you recommend for the Kontrol F1? I'm guessing the thinner ones?
Latoria Kavulich
Yo, anyone have these on their APC40? A mate is keen on picking some up
Amado Louzon
Any plans for K2...?
Manuel Rima
I wish u guys would make some without the "pointer" for effects encoders and such that turn 360 deg
Kristian Egans
do they fit on the vci380???
Myrle Astin
are there any fader that fit dj2go?
Latoria Kavulich
Ohk the chromacaps do fit on the x1600, HOWEVER, pretty much the same problem as with the A&H and Pioneer mixers i.e the indicators will be offset therefore making them useless. When i get around to the studio i will try out the faders, as we have a set on the DJM. Cheers (kinda gutted really but oh well)
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by DJ JaeSea
+1 to the dn-x1600 demo, I just bought one and wanna know if it looks good to put new caps on the volume faders and if it they sit too high off the mixer to be considered a good switch.
Anyone?
i should be able to tell you that in a couple of days mate, my x1600 is sitting in the courier warehouse.
if you have an NI controller already you can see if their caps fir, if they do then the chromacaps will fit as they are the same size
Junita Valmonte
The Chroma Caps do fit the Reloop Terminal Mix 4 (and hence prolly the TM2 also).
You can easily pull the original cap off and the length of the original and Chroma are the same.
Be careful when pushing the Chroma on, I used a slight amount of electronic spray to lube it, so it got on quite easy.
The Fadercaps come off a bit harder, be careful so you do not damage anything, but again it fits nicely.

Thanks to DJTT for providing a sample for this test.

Here are some fotos of a fellow DJ who tested his Chroma at the Reloop Workshop:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...9_1024x768.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...8_1024x768.jpg
Sharonda Flewellyn
Originally Posted by Jester.NZ
gordon the original caps slip off the X1 easily, no issues with replacing the caps at all.
Thanks for that Jester
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Originally Posted by gordonstrange
I'm confused by this thread now. It says fitting guide, but I can't see a guide on how to fit them. Anyone able to link me to a guide to how to remove my original caps? (Kontrol X1) I know the chroma caps will fit, just confused by the title
get two knives, insert under opposite sides of the knob. Twist the knives gently until the knobs are loosened. remove and put the new knob on top. It's not rocket surgery
Latoria Kavulich
gordon the original caps slip off the X1 easily, no issues with replacing the caps at all.
Sharonda Flewellyn
I'm confused by this thread now. It says fitting guide, but I can't see a guide on how to fit them. Anyone able to link me to a guide to how to remove my original caps? (Kontrol X1) I know the chroma caps will fit, just confused by the title
Leota Dolney
Originally Posted by dstep
will they fit the xone k2?
No...they fit on the pots, but the indicator faces the wrong way.
Debbra Sciutto
will they fit the xone k2?
Jennell Danio
+1 to the dn-x1600 demo, I just bought one and wanna know if it looks good to put new caps on the volume faders and if it they sit too high off the mixer to be considered a good switch.
Anyone?
Latoria Kavulich
Anyone fitted these to a DNX-1600? i wanna see how they look. Cheers, J
Estella Waber
Originally Posted by CoreyC
Anyone have pictures of these on a maschine?

Haha, was wondering the same thing.
I've tried swapping knobs from my X1 onto the Maschine, but they seem to sit high off the unit.

Wallace Lawmaster
Chroma Caps fit on Kontrol F1
Marlin Sundararajan
Anyone have pictures of their AKAI MPD24/26/32 with chroma caps? I really want to get rid of those plasticky feeling rotary encoders, but according to the fitting guide they sit high on the controller. Also, there are no chroma caps or similar for rotary encoders I guess, any pointers as to where I might other aftermarket 360 knobs?
Wallace Lawmaster
Posted this in the setup thread. Anyone wanting to know if these fit on an Ecler NUO4 (1st gen) then they do.

Brendan Andrascik
For DIY controllers, those knobs fit perfectly the following potentiometers:

http://eu.mouser.com/Search/ProductD...TV1113415AB103
http://eu.mouser.com/Search/ProductD...A60432015DPB10

although, the 15mm shaft does not leave more than 4mm clearance space for the face-plate. For panel mounted Rotary Potentiometers, I would suggest a 20mm shaft as you would need to fit the nut as well.
Shirlee Cokely
I tested them on a livid intstruments cntrl:r and the faders and pots didn't fit.
Glynis Mangona
Color suggestion: Blue w/ Black indicator lines !!!! do eeet!

Also, has anyone figured out a hack to make the fader caps work better on a vci-400? without rubbing the body, wiggling, etc...

thx.
Delena Katherman
Any idea when the red caps will be released?
Latoria Kavulich
faders on the DJM-600. Look and feel great!

Lakiesha Perini
Denon MC-6000?

thanks!
Latoria Kavulich
will let you know how the faders look on the DJM later. Mine arrived today, here's how they look on my x1's

Latoria Kavulich
^ yes please
Freddie Henrichs
Originally Posted by midifidler
We are working on red and orange, the first test samples looked pretty bad so we had to get the manufacturer to redo them
Any plans to make knobs for the Pioneer DJM's?
Leighann Kashat
Just posted on the community s, but If you want chroma cap faders on the VCI-400's line faders, you just need to apply a small piece of paper to make them sit nice and tightly
Lanny Vanosten
So I guess we can't get an S4 chroma cap Value pack (with the present available colors) until the kinks are ironed out of the colors that are not yet available then?

BC
Natalya Russeau
they work with the new Xone K2?
Verlene Geevarghese
Originally Posted by bcondemi
Looking for an S4 green value pack. Not red or orange. Maybe others who are not looking for red or orange can order your standard colors as well,
Can you not make available the other colors while you wait for your manufacturer for the additional colors? Does that make sense?

BC

Wake up on the wrong side of the flannel sheets this morning?
Lillian Voogd
Would these knobs and faders fit on an Reloop RMX40 USB?

Would love to know because i hate my plastic knobs on the RMX
Lanny Vanosten
We are working on red and orange, the first test samples looked pretty bad so we had to get the manufacturer to redo them

Looking for an S4 green value pack. Not red or orange. Maybe others who are not looking for red or orange can order your standard colors as well,
Can you not make available the other colors while you wait for your manufacturer for the additional colors? Does that make sense?

BC
Tamara Zitterkopf
i might wait for the red tbh!

but i do like the blue, ahhh
Verlene Geevarghese
RED Yesssssssss, YESSSSSS.
Latoria Kavulich
hi guys,

i just ordered some knobs & faders for my two X1's and our DJM600. Will post some pics when we get them. cheers

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy