DJTT "Chroma Caps

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: DJTT "Chroma Caps Reply
DJTT "Chroma Caps
Posted on: 22.11.2011 by Latoria Kavulich
A lot of questions about what gear Chromacaps will or will not fit on since being released, so if yours fit on gear not listed here ..

.. then please speak up and post a pic of them on your gear so the list can be updated. Likewise, if you want to know if they will fit on your gear then ask away in this thread.

Please search through the thread to see if your question has already been answered, to avoid double up queries, thanks.
Jamal Cubangbang
Didn't see an answer regarding Livid Instruments -- anyone know the fit on an Ohm64 or other Livid gear?
Shonda Soulier
Originally Posted by bascurtiz
Received my sample-package of Chroma Caps yesterday, to test on my M-Audio Xponent.
This should answer anyone's questions about them fitting on an X-Session pro too. They use the same pots.
Barton Rigazio
All knobs/faders fitted with the new chroma caps on the VCI-300 mkII:

Neoma Picklesimer
Guess what....

They fit well on the Akai LPD8 aswell

Since the LPD8 has crampy lil' knobs, it's worth the upgrade.
I prefer the slim-knob over the fatty one here.

robin loo
Originally Posted by DjZzeless
Theres sample's available?
for those who bought MFpros before the chroma knobs came out.. DJTT sent out "samples" to update your MFpro
Freddie Henrichs
Theres sample's available?
Tatum Ansaldo
Can someone who's put them on their twitch post a pic? I'd love to replace the knobs (not too bothered about the caps if they wobble), but the DJTT table says they sit too high. Is that true?
Neoma Picklesimer
Received my sample-package of Chroma Caps yesterday, to test on my M-Audio Xponent.
Ordered the Black/whiteish ones, since the Xponent is already fair-attraction visually -> received the green ones to make it even more painful to my eyes lol.

If u're not that oldschool, or don't remember how it looks like, here's my lil' baby:

And with the caps on:

Let's review how they fit.

Starting with the faders:
To sum it up short, they fit like a glove!
Even better... They don't come off that easily, like the original fader-caps. They aswell have a way better grip and chunky feel to them, so most definately worth the upgrade.

The slim caps (for FX-section):
The slim caps are fitting very well on the FX-section of the controller.
Just let them slide on the pins (don't push them all the way down, coz otherwise they'll scrub over the hard-case, and feeling heavy to rotate them.
U can easily lift them up a bit, without the caps falling off.

The fat knobs (for EQ/Gain-section):
I tried the slim caps at 1st, on this section, but somehow they just fall off. They dont fit at all.
The fatty ones, on the other hand do fit. Not that supertight, as u can see in the pics below, but when dj'ing they don't come off, and still feeling great.
Note that the little dots around the knobs, will not be viewable nomore tho.
Also here, just let them slide on the pins, and u'll be rotating them fatties smooth.

Conclusion:
Get yourself 8 slim Chroma caps for the FX-sections, 5 faders, and 12 fatties for the rest of the knobs, and your Xponent won't feel like Fisher-Price nomore

I'm gonna buy a set of this right now.

Ok, one more eyecandy shot

Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
as you can see in my pic from the first post, there is some room if you put the chroma knobs on the filter, but they fit nicely on the other knobs..

also check pics from the store these are supposed to be normal black chroma knobs on there..
http://www.djranking s.com/store/vci...n-edition.html

Thanks mate
Dortha Hiscocks
Originally Posted by bingbangbong
I have submitted a support request but still haven't heard anything back.
I'v tried using a different browser but no luck.

Anyone else have similar experience? thanks
I still haven't heard anything back from support and now the 32 clear rim arcade buttons that i needed for various mods seem to be out of stock

has anyone successfully ordered chroma caps since last weekend?
robin loo
Originally Posted by Nicky H
Anyone?
as you can see in my pic from the first post, there is some room if you put the chroma knobs on the filter, but they fit nicely on the other knobs..

also check pics from the store these are supposed to be normal black chroma knobs on there..
http://www.djranking s.com/store/vci...n-edition.html

Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by Nicky H
Can any of the mods / djtt team say if versions without the white line for encoders are/will be available?

And can someone with a vci400 tell me how the fader caps fit cos it says not perfect on the chart on page 1..

THX
Anyone?
Dortha Hiscocks
not sure if this should be here but I'm having trouble ordering chroma caps atm.
Im making a fairly large order but when i press 'place order now' i get the following error message:
PayPal gateway has rejected request. The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts (#10413: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details).
I have submitted a support request but still haven't heard anything back.
I'v tried using a different browser but no luck.

Anyone else have similar experience? thanks
Marva Cupid
Could anybody tell me how the fader caps dont fit on the korg km 202? like is the shaft too thick or what ?
Thanks
Freddie Henrichs
They fit a t57 and empath.......do you believe the caps/faders will work on a Rane t52?
Janyce Henningson
Can any of the mods / djtt team say if versions without the white line for encoders are/will be available?

And can someone with a vci400 tell me how the fader caps fit cos it says not perfect on the chart on page 1..

THX
Megan Sabie
fit the knobs to the "reloop mixage" when they fit to the "reloop jockey2"???
Roseline Canright
Anyone have some good results finding a color that shows up in the dark very well?

My gigs are always very dark.
thanks.
Markita Barchard
Finally got my Chroma Knobs on my S2 but it was a BITCH getting the others off. I couldn't pull them off with my fingers so then I tried pliers. That just chewed the knobs up so I tried putting a towel over the knobs then grabbing them with the pliers... still no good. Finally what I did was used a small screw drive but covered the tip with denim like cloth then gently pried the knobs off.

When the knobs came lose I was able to pull them off with my fingers. I really was afraid that the screw driver was going to scratch the surface but it didn't and the knobs that came off weren't ruined either. If you use a screw drive just cover the tip and go slow and gentle. After you do a couple its not so scary.

Good Luck.
Trinity Gradin
everything fits on the rane empath:

Clinton Voran
So totally wish that the fader caps didn't tilt on the fader posts of the Twitch. Now I just have 3 awesome DJTT fader caps that I can't use
Latoria Kavulich
sometimes you may need to squeeze a small driver under for a bit of leverage, but dont wiggle them try to pull it off straight
Laine Paskiewicz
ok sweet, the faders cam off like a treat, but is it just the same with all the EQ knobs and effects knobs? just grip and pull off?
Latoria Kavulich
they just slide off with a little encouragement mrgigantor.
Laine Paskiewicz
I have just gotten my S4 with some blue chroma caps and i was wondering how do you actually get the old knobs off and the new ones on?? cheers
Temika Yelle
Hi guys,

First post on this great community (I've lurking a lot).
i'm looking for metal knobs for a Vestax VCI 400 and a Twitch. Do you know where I could find some ? Premium quality is prefered.

If this post doesnt' belong is this topic, feel free to tell me, I'll open another thread.

Thanks for the tips !
Dann Brassell
I am only interested in knowing if the faders will work on a Numark X6. I just got a used Numark X6 and it is missing one fader and two others are very loose.
Johnetta Olewine
also, can anyone who has these new knobs and a Kontrol X1 tell me whether the internal bit of the new DJTT knobs extend all the way to the base like the knobs that come standard on the X1?
Johnetta Olewine
I have an ecler nuo 3. Any word on whether these knobs fit eclers OK?
Annis Osbourn
Do they fit on a xone:k2? if they do, i will buy one, if they don't i won't because i can't stand the live mixer style fader caps. Planning on using it as a mixer btw.

EDIT: Lol this thing isn't released yet -_-. I'm such a dumbass sometimes.
Clinton Voran
Originally Posted by jsa83
they do but they sit really high. it doesn't look good
So no real difference between the Vestax 08 knobs from the DJTT knobs then? I was specifically asking about this: http://www.stokyoworld.com/mobile/default.aspx#P37497
Betsy Orsillo
Originally Posted by dookiex
I wonder if they fit on the Twitch.
they do but they sit really high. it doesn't look good
Neoma Picklesimer
I want to know if the DJ Techtools knobs and faders fit on the M-Audio Xponent?
Anyone tried it out, or could try it for me?

The default knobs on the Xponent feeling cheaper than Fischerprice
But... Still the best 2-deck mixer controller out there. and hey, it's on sale for 279 dollar, free shipping @ amazon.com
Meaghan Mccaster
Does anyone know - Do these DJTT knobs fit Pioneer DDJ-ERGO controller?
Clinton Voran
Originally Posted by PhilReno
Did the knobs fit on the vestax tr-1?
I was looking at these: http://www.stokyoworld.com/mobile/default.aspx#P37497

I wonder if they fit on the Twitch.
Opal Franecki
do they fit the xone db4???
Laure Vozzo
Did the knobs fit on the vestax tr-1?
Devora Benston
Originally Posted by jsa83
from the looks of it you will only need one fatty knob and the rest are super knobs

Ok, thanks mate!
Betsy Orsillo
from the looks of it you will only need one fatty knob and the rest are super knobs

Devora Benston
I want to buy knobs for my Numark Mixtrack, but I don't know if I need Super Knobs or Fatty Knobs. Can anyone help me?

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy