DJTT "Chroma Caps

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: DJTT "Chroma Caps Reply
DJTT "Chroma Caps
Posted on: 22.11.2011 by Latoria Kavulich
A lot of questions about what gear Chromacaps will or will not fit on since being released, so if yours fit on gear not listed here ..

.. then please speak up and post a pic of them on your gear so the list can be updated. Likewise, if you want to know if they will fit on your gear then ask away in this thread.

Please search through the thread to see if your question has already been answered, to avoid double up queries, thanks.
Adolf Hit
We are working on red and orange, the first test samples looked pretty bad so we had to get the manufacturer to redo them
Lanny Vanosten
Anyone at DJTT know when the S4 value pack will be available in the store? Unless I msised it? Can't seem to see it.

BC
Neoma Picklesimer
Check out http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post465439 to see how to make them caps fit perfectly on the Novation Twitch
Jenna Skeem
Originally Posted by atom12v
Any chance this will be available in Red?
Thanks.
this.
Fredda Degree
Any chance this will be available in Red?
Thanks.
Tamara Zitterkopf
has anyone got any pictures of the mixtrack pro with these on? i'm ordering some the weekend just wanna see what they look like lol
Carola Wyllys
Gross!!!
But those would b perfect as they curve. hope you didnt scratch your board though.
remind me not to touch your gear .
Neoma Picklesimer
those are my pics

I used a scissor I normally cut my toe-nails with

Like this:
scissor.jpg
Carola Wyllys
to replace/remove your knobs and faders you will need to use some sort of tool. Some devices hardware removes very easily while others need some effort.
I used a fork because of its curvature on my RMX.

The best advice is whatever you use to assist with lifting/prying the knobs - is to use a towel or napkin on the surface of your mixer so you dont cause scratches or surface abrasion.
Hang Trabing
How did you replace the older knobs, just pull them off? Or did you use any tools?

Originally Posted by bascurtiz
Tried them out on the Akai LPD-8 aswell, and fit as a glove.
Way better handling than those cranky crappy knobs, the LPD8 comes with natively.

Kathaleen Vizuete
Anyone know if these will fit the following:

M-Audio Axiom 25

Akai MPK 25

Novation SL25 MKII

???

Thanks in advance!
Ming Toffoli
Originally Posted by DirtyNerd
Anyone try the knobs or faders on the Xone:K2? I ordered mine and am waiting for it and want to know if any of the knobs or faders will fit it.

thanks
I second this!
k2 knob test please.
Leota Dolney
Anyone try the knobs or faders on the Xone:K2? I ordered mine and am waiting for it and want to know if any of the knobs or faders will fit it.

thanks
Freddie Henrichs
Originally Posted by str8nger
Do you believe the rane ttm57 has the same size knobs and fader as the empath?
Look thru the pages, I know someone posted an Empath!
robin loo
Originally Posted by JayRuss
bit of a longshot but will they go on a LPD8 , looking to get one but really dont liek the look of the knobs :S
page 5 of this thread..

http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post437986
Jenna Skeem
bit of a longshot but will they go on a LPD8 , looking to get one but really dont liek the look of the knobs :S
Marsha Mingin
Hey thanks midifidler I will go
And buy some then! What colors look good ?
Adolf Hit
Hey str8nger!

The knobs fit fine on the ttm57 - I use them on my 57
Marsha Mingin
i want to know witch knobs fit the ttm57?
Marsha Mingin
Do you believe the rane ttm57 has the same size knobs and fader as the empath?
Jody Goman
Anyone try the knobs on a Xone:42 ??? It doesnt look like the knobs will fit but figured id ask anyways...

Im probably going to grab some for my LPD8 so if i dont get any response before i get them ill let you know if they work on the xone as well....
Anisa Fourte
Originally Posted by herbalt
Will these DJTT Faders fit a Novation Zero SL MkII ??
I doubt that they will as the fader parts are sunken into the controller.
If they don't fit does anyone have any good ideas of an alternative with DJ style faders instead of flat fader knobs.

Cheers.
Your problem here is going to be if you switch those caps out on the Zero SL MKII you are going to lose the touch-sensitive capability. The faders/knobs on that controller are meant to send an electrical signal when you touch them, if you replace them with rubber... Bye bye!
Eileen Sailes
this guy has a cool set up

Eileen Sailes
im kinda of a white only guy, and they just refreshed all the colors except white and grey.
Eileen Sailes
I want to order my s2 today with "White caps" but that doesnt seem to be an option. I put in a request ticket to see if i can just the white ones at a later date but so far no answer. Does any body have a pic of an s2 with all blue nobs and faders? Green nobs with white faders?
Ailene Scholla
New Chroma Caps on my Vestax VCI 100 Special Edition Arcade controller. I picked up the same amount of purple and yellow knobs to give me some leeway to change them according to look & feel.

64762_3448700016295_1234530054_33397029_1380172665_n.jpg
Bernice Delon
So what's the "Fix" for the Knobs and Faders that Bottom out? aka the ** notation.

(I looked and didn't see it, so if it is already answered I apologize, I must have missed it)
Latoria Kavulich
i know the faders wont because the foot is a different size, not sure about the knobs tho. when i get my order i'll try on our buddies nuo2.
Celina Crusey
Do the faders or caps fit the Ecler Nuo line of mixers?
Verlene Geevarghese
So, um. When's the new shipment of Chroma Caps coming in. I'd like to order a different color than black
Rogelio Kirks
Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy
Will they fit an m-audio x-session pro ?
Yes, both the knobs and fader caps fit. The knobs sit a smidge high.

The color of the x-session pro becomes a bit garish when the knobs are on. I ended up painting the x-session black, and while it looks good, if I were to do it again I'd buy some vinyl wrap instead of paint.
Neoma Picklesimer
Tried them out on the Akai LPD-8 aswell, and fit as a glove.
Way better handling than those cranky crappy knobs, the LPD8 comes with natively.

Neoma Picklesimer
Today I received my ordered package of chroma caps, and installed them on my M-Audio Xponent...
They look well with the jog-dials; Check it out!

Freddie Henrichs
Installed the fadercaps on my djm700, they fit pretty good, too bad the knobs dont!

Also, installed knobs on my old RANE TT52i, fit perfect, the faders didnt without filing the steel stems.
Clemmie Peton
Anyone have pictures of these on a maschine?
Shonda Soulier
It doesn't look like many people would know, but which of these Bourns faders would work best with the caps?

http://www.newark.com/bourns/pte60-1...ide/dp/17M1567

or

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/pro...sp?SKU=17M1577

They have different lever style ends, the first is C, the second is A... both have 6mm bases but the type "A" lever tapers to 4mm.

Thanks!
Kellie Myrum
any luck with bcd3000 and this caps?
Barton Rigazio
Moar knobs! Brought some new life into my vci-300. Updated pics:

Mel Manelski
anyone official here who knows if/when the blue faders will be back in stock?
Marva Cupid
Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy
Could anybody tell me how the fader caps dont fit on the korg km 202? like is the shaft too thick or what ?
Thanks
Anyone?

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy