The Happy Thread...

The Happy Thread...
Posted on: 11.08.2011 by Margie Pavell
with all the garbage internet tough guy bickering going on lately i thought i would start a happy thread...

what ever makes you happy please tell us...we are all here for you...

whether it your wife, your kids, your car, weed, smack, booze...whatever...no one is here to judge you and tell you that if you use a sync button with a windows laptop that you're dumb and ugly...cause you're not...you are a great human being (some of you)...

i will go first...

playing left for dead 2 makes me happy...there is nothing like shooting zombies with an automatic shotgun....or slicing them with a katana...
Lin Danek
Gunners? Bah! More like frik'n bows without any arrows!
Margie Pavell
man u is all over arsenal...wow...arsenal blowing that pk wasnt great either...
Kristofer Krauel
Jonathan I agree. We've got a guy in midfield I've never heard of. And our defence is shocking. We've just missed a penalty as I type this!!!! Shit!!!!
Margie Pavell
should be a good match...i just turned it on...
Lin Danek
Wow 'Koop - they've just announced the line-up. Never heard of some of these guys!
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by kooper1980
Just took my dog for a LONG walk as we'll be going to the pub in a bit. She loves going to the park and watching her run around like crazy, without a care in the world makes me happy!!!

Its Arsenal v Manchester United today. Watching football in the pub makes me happy..... watching Arsenal lose to Man Utd doesnt!! - fingers crossed!

Also took my Frenchie for a walk - he sounded like he was going to explode when we got home. Took on a neighbours German Shepherd - has the heart of a lion. And now I want to watch the Gunners rout ManU. Good one 'Koop.
Kristofer Krauel
Just took my dog for a LONG walk as we'll be going to the pub in a bit. She loves going to the park and watching her run around like crazy, without a care in the world makes me happy!!!

Its Arsenal v Manchester United today. Watching football in the pub makes me happy..... watching Arsenal lose to Man Utd doesnt!! - fingers crossed!
Margie Pavell
12 new tracks from beatport always make me happy...plus the ten dollar gift card i won
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by keithace
fresh coffee on a saturday morning...
Kenyan 2+ - freshly ground. Watching the crema swirl in an espresso cup
Margie Pavell
fresh coffee on a saturday morning...
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by bumtsch
The only things that consistently are at the top of what makes me happy are :
  • attending a good house/techno party
  • listening to good house/techno/chilled out music.
  • mixing the house/techno I enjoy.

My highest of highs have been in these circumstances, without taking anything else than a little booze, some of the peaks are like being intoxicated with pure love, I mean endorphins.
We've all been to dud gigs or had off days when mixing. But whenever music lets me down, it always comes back with something good soon afterwards.

Music is the one part of my life I never have to worry about. If it were possible, my facebook profile would say "in a relationship with music". In fact, I've been believeing of getting a tattoo done to symbolize that for a couple years now (leaning towards 303/808/909 text but still undecided). It means so much to me that it's probably a little unhealthy.

Then for the lesser things
  • The odd meetup with my good friends is always nice.
  • Memories of my 5 months exchange program in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2005/6, best time in my young adult life.
    I'm glad I got a selection of the photos printed recently (along with some recent club snapshots) to help me reminisce, even though I have a great memory.
  • Socializing in english, which is a little ironic for a loner type like me I'll have to work more kinds of accents in for added fun.

Don't need much otherwise. The rest is icing on the cake.
I would've put "giving face" in the "lesser things" but realistically, the BS that goes with it cancels out everything positive that goes with it
If French is your first language bumtsch, then much respect for you socializing.
Delila Vandommelen
The only things that consistently are at the top of what makes me happy are :
  • attending a good house/techno party
  • listening to good house/techno/chilled out music.
  • mixing the house/techno I enjoy.

My highest of highs have been in these circumstances, without taking anything else than a little booze, some of the peaks are like being intoxicated with pure love, I mean endorphins.
We've all been to dud gigs or had off days when mixing. But whenever music lets me down, it always comes back with something good soon afterwards.

Music is the one part of my life I never have to worry about. If it were possible, my facebook profile would say "in a relationship with music". In fact, I've been believeing of getting a tattoo done to symbolize that for a couple years now (leaning towards 303/808/909 text but still undecided). It means so much to me that it's probably a little unhealthy.

Then for the lesser things
  • The odd meetup with my good friends is always nice.
  • Memories of my 5 months exchange program in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2005/6, best time in my young adult life.
    I'm glad I got a selection of the photos printed recently (along with some recent club snapshots) to help me reminisce, even though I have a great memory.
  • Socializing in english, which is a little ironic for a loner type like me I'll have to work more kinds of accents in for added fun.

Don't need much otherwise. The rest is icing on the cake.
I would've put "giving face" in the "lesser things" but realistically, the BS that goes with it cancels out everything positive that goes with it
Kristofer Krauel
Bank Holiday monday coming up so ive just finished work ahead of a 3 day weekend........ I will be happy for 3 whole days!!!!

Hopefully get some sun this weekend (its poured it down all week) so i can spend time in a beer garden with friends on Sunday!!!
Lizzie Hoesley
Originally Posted by Zaniac
new baby
Deeann Cheron
finished work for the week and off to enjoy my weekend. My Cousin coming down for a visit I havnt seen in 10 years with her husband and new baby
A bbq and a couple of cold ones with family
Deeann Cheron
It can be the happy thread background theme. has a nice vibe to it
Lizzie Hoesley
Not trying to tangent here, but when I said these loops never get used for anything or heard, of course it caught my attention... http://soundcloud.com/lmnlm3/homely

Very rough draft, just a loop (couple minutes of it) No idea what to do with it!!!

What would you do with something like this? I come up with these in 30 minute sprints and never make them into songs... (This isn't really the kind of thing I want to post in the "Mixes and Productions" community !)

BTW all my stuff on SC is rough and for feedback - my final stuff is kept in a safe place until I am ready to release a torrent of musical genius
Lizzie Hoesley
"Wind Cries Mary" and late evening loop making in Reason (that will never be heard or used for anything )

I'm done for toevening !
Deeann Cheron

This book & the rest of the Celestine series make me very happy.
Margie Pavell
i am sure there are plenty of us that would find each other at a party and rap out for a few...
Lin Danek
Classic. I like your sense of humour.

Adding to the list, friendly banter between strangers like this also make me
I never stop believeing about how technology and communites like this turn strangers seperated by oceans and continents into friends.
Lizzie Hoesley
friendly banter between strangers
This alone will keep me going for at least 24 more hours
Margie Pavell
look back for nothing but reflection...one of my main rules to life...
Deeann Cheron
Originally Posted by LmnLm3
Now that you mention it, though, maybe my wife does need to be a bit sweeter... I'll tell her you said so :eek:
Classic. I like your sense of humour.

Adding to the list, friendly banter between strangers like this also make me
Lizzie Hoesley
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
it's like you ex's perfume
mmmmmm or green apple shampoo......... *sigh*

I believe it's important to be nostalgic every now and then - otherwise we forget all the things that made us who we are - I believe that's the problem with people who get famous, rich, and arrogant - they forget all the little things like that.

Should make posters like the WTC things -- "Your ex's perfume: never forget"
Margie Pavell
days gone by...as i call them
Margie Pavell
fresh cut grass...the chlorine smell of swim trunks...baseball glove leather...
Lin Danek
I can't help what is in my head lol. It just happens - I don't choose that!

You know how some smells (like a gasoline lawn mower) remind you of your dad or pipe tobacco reminds you of your pops? Same kind of thing going on

Now that you mention it, though, maybe my wife does need to be a bit sweeter... I'll tell her you said so :eek:
it's like you ex's perfume
Lizzie Hoesley
from one married man to another, Your wife need to be to be that girl now lol
I can't help what is in my head lol. It just happens - I don't choose that!

You know how some smells (like a gasoline lawn mower) remind you of your dad or pipe tobacco reminds you of your pops? Same kind of thing going on

Deeann Cheron
it reminds me of the sweetest girl I dated in high school
from one married man to another, Your wife need to be to be that girl now lol
Lizzie Hoesley
My wife (when she's not acting like herself :P) my youngest son when he first wakes up from his nap, and the rare times I treat myself to a spoonful of honey (orange blossom) it reminds me of the sweetest girl I dated in high school =D

That 10 seconds of honey in my mouth is pure bliss, and I would live in that moment forever if I could.

Also: SYNC button makes me happy =D

GREAT THREAD!
Lin Danek
Had a packet of Tim Tam's for breakfast. nom nom
More specifically Tim Tam slammers
Ingrediants - Tim Tam's + coffee of choice
Instructions - bite a corner off both ends then use as a straw to suck coffee through Tim Tam before devouring. NOM NOM NOM
I feel for you pancreas.
Leeanna Ayla
You could probably also try that with most anything in the Little Debbie line of health foods.
Deeann Cheron
what are those comparable to?
I belive some target store's stock them in America
or try pepperidge farm's version http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/Produc...4&prdID=120848
Margie Pavell
dude...thats a life hack...nice...i need to try it now...

what are those comparable to?
Deeann Cheron
Had a packet of Tim Tam's for breakfast. nom nom

More specifically Tim Tam slammers
Ingrediants - Tim Tam's + coffee of choice
Instructions - bite a corner off both ends then use as a straw to suck coffee through Tim Tam before devouring. NOM NOM NOM
Margie Pavell
it's the little things that make life great...
Lin Danek
amen...going to pick up my pops for some lunch and a drive...THAT makes me happy...
Amazing that something so 'small' can make one so happy. Good on you Keith.
Margie Pavell
Have another family member crossing the ditch from N.Z to Aussie to live with my wife & I till she find's her feet.

More family around makes me very happy

amen...going to pick up my pops for some lunch and a drive...THAT makes me happy...
Deeann Cheron
Have another family member crossing the ditch from N.Z to Aussie to live with my wife & I till she find's her feet.

More family around makes me very happy

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy