The Happy Thread...

The Happy Thread...
Posted on: 11.08.2011 by Margie Pavell
with all the garbage internet tough guy bickering going on lately i thought i would start a happy thread...

what ever makes you happy please tell us...we are all here for you...

whether it your wife, your kids, your car, weed, smack, booze...whatever...no one is here to judge you and tell you that if you use a sync button with a windows laptop that you're dumb and ugly...cause you're not...you are a great human being (some of you)...

i will go first...

playing left for dead 2 makes me happy...there is nothing like shooting zombies with an automatic shotgun....or slicing them with a katana...
Yong Aptekar
I'm going to go see chrissy chris toevening . That makes me happy
Freddie Henrichs
My son and my Volkswagens!
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by Zaniac
Happy weekend to all
That makes me happy.
Deeann Cheron
Happy weekend to all
Kristofer Krauel
It's QPR vs Newcastle United. Not 2 of the best but still premier league football. Ended with a boring 0 - 0 draw!!
Neil Malia
i hope the patriots lose man do i hate them!!! oh and i have evening class so ill miss it
Margie Pavell
who's playing futbol toevening ?
Kristofer Krauel
We have Monday evening football over here too. Only it's soccer and it's better!!

Must be something about Monday evening s and football that just go together!!
Margie Pavell
hosting monday evening football and making chicken and ribs for the peeps makes me happy...

GO RAIDERS!!!
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by Zaniac
Rugby world cup kicks off toevening
May the best team win.
Deeann Cheron
Rugby world cup kicks off toevening
Irwin Baccei
Originally Posted by LmnLm3
What were you doing wrong, or what are you doing differently now? (or both?)
i just kept at it man, didnt stop calling, emailing and promoting myself!

dont give in no matter how bleak it looks and trust me it was looking pretty bleak for me, to the point i was considering getting a 9-5 job :eek:

because the moment you do, the next guy/girl that isnt as good will gladly take your spot!
Margie Pavell
i'd like to re-kick start my local residency some where...time to do some work...
Lizzie Hoesley
Originally Posted by VanDerWAVY
whats made me happy lately is getting DJ gigs

didnt have any for a long time and was wondering what i was doing wrong (checks deodorant )

now ive got soo many i'm having to turn some down, wicked how life turns out!
What were you doing wrong, or what are you doing differently now? (or both?)
Irwin Baccei
whats made me happy lately is getting DJ gigs

didnt have any for a long time and was wondering what i was doing wrong (checks deodorant )

now ive got soo many i'm having to turn some down, wicked how life turns out!
Kristofer Krauel
@Padi, is that your usual sound? If it is I love it and where can I hear more??!! Has the potential to make me VERY happy!!
Margie Pavell
Originally Posted by photojojo
This didn't really make me happy per se but it did make me chuckle. I was almost home after about a 35 mile bike ride last evening when a group of kids in a car started yelling at me and harassing me. This used to be pretty common place in the 80's around here but it's rare now. I kinda raised my hands and shrugged my shoulders with a wtf kind of look. The driver must have taken offense because he pulled over in a parking lot and stopped, I turned in the parking lot, they took off running still calling me names. Stupid little shits.
they must listen to deadmau5 and skrillex...

hehehe...

i am kidding of course...
Lizzie Hoesley
Reminds me of another:

Remembering my grandfathers
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by padi_04
my grandpa (the man I honor with the stache)
An honourable sentiment.
Nedra Fresneda
Taking a bike ride in a few weeks to the air base my grandpa (the man I honor with the stache) used to live/worked for years with my brother that I haven't seen since he moved to Australia (around 3 years ago).

Another thing that makes me happy: almost 9AM, no sleep or even coffe to keep me awake and I'm still fucking grooving with a remix I'm working on. Still a long way to go but here is a little preview. Disclaimer: levels are little fucked up near the end
Leeanna Ayla
This didn't really make me happy per se but it did make me chuckle. I was almost home after about a 35 mile bike ride last evening when a group of kids in a car started yelling at me and harassing me. This used to be pretty common place in the 80's around here but it's rare now. I kinda raised my hands and shrugged my shoulders with a wtf kind of look. The driver must have taken offense because he pulled over in a parking lot and stopped, I turned in the parking lot, they took off running still calling me names. Stupid little shits.
Chas Giraldez
Mixing,
Night-time Running/Biking,
My Friends,
Nutella,
Fly-Fishing,
My Laptop
and Modeselektor - The White Flash (Trentemoller Remix)

When a day feels rather aimless and sad like today for me, reading this thread really puts some life back in me.

I <3 DJTT
Margie Pavell
my family reunion last evening and a margarita machine made me very happy...i got to see a cousin i havent seen in 20 years...and a cousin from michigan that is living in NoCal made it also...
Lizzie Hoesley
Chatting it up with people on the complete opposite side of the planet from me
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by Swanny.NZ
The 20 minute walk to and from the gym, down a pristine river reserve that conveniently runs straight from outside my house to right beside the gym. Doing this on an amazing sunny spring day where it's nice and warm and with a clear blue sky, in the sunniest town in New Zealand.

(:
Spring in Johannesburg.
Glennie Hoppenstedt
The 20 minute walk to and from the gym, down a pristine river reserve that conveniently runs straight from outside my house to right beside the gym. Doing this on an amazing sunny spring day where it's nice and warm and with a clear blue sky, in the sunniest town in New Zealand.

(:
Lizzie Hoesley
Lulling myself to sleep at 4am with my own track that I'm writing makes me

Having to wake up and drag myself from my computer to my bed, not so much. But it's a nice high while it lasts
Deeann Cheron
public holiday tomorow, 3 day weekend. Booyeah!!!
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic
Lustral - Every Time
Dope track...
Beautiful track!!

Just received my new laptop (well new to me anyway). New stuff always makes me happy. Very materialistic i agree but if it makes you happy it makes you happy right?!

Also found out today that me and the wife are having a date evening on saturday. first weekend alone for some time so looking forward to this.
Deeann Cheron
Just saying sometimes I just feel happy
Nestor Witkowsky
Originally Posted by keithace
wasn't banksy just on the loose in Los Angeles?
Lustral - Every Time
Dope track...
Rosita Bourdeaux
Originally Posted by keithace
The March run was the last I heard of. I've been rebelieveing his legitimacy lately. I love his work but it seems to be very similar to Blek le rat's art.... but lets not get into that

We were also recently visited by Shepard Fairey
Margie Pavell
working a half day on a tuesday makes me happy also...

going to the hardware store to fix my bbq grill so i can make myself happier later with some bbq...

Margie Pavell
Originally Posted by BlackJesus
I believe I mentioned reading and drawing.
(And my bad I guess I missed the no video rule )

Ummm I guess a non-music related thing that makes me happy is street art.
Both admiring it (although there isn't much in San Diego) and contributing
Margie Pavell
Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic
Some of my old Hooj Choons records make me happy, keithace. They remind me of simpler times. You a huge fane of the label, or what?
i have a couple in my bag
Nestor Witkowsky
Some of my old Hooj Choons records make me happy, keithace. They remind me of simpler times. You a huge fane of the label, or what?
Rosita Bourdeaux
I believe I mentioned reading and drawing.
(And my bad I guess I missed the no video rule )

Ummm I guess a non-music related thing that makes me happy is street art.
Both admiring it (although there isn't much in San Diego) and contributing
Margie Pavell
Originally Posted by BlackJesus
Nothing like jammin out with some friends. Not my band where I "try" to keep it business . I also enjoy reading a good book or drawing while listening to my favorite vinyl.

(P.S not my vid )
we are all here for the love of music...tell me some other things that make you happy...

(no videos please)

Kristofer Krauel
Toblerone = happy
Rosita Bourdeaux
Nothing like jammin out with some friends. Not my band where I "try" to keep it business . I also enjoy reading a good book or drawing while listening to my favorite vinyl.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy