2 Deck Launchpad w/ 8 Cues+Loop+Instant Gratification FX

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: 2 Deck Launchpad w/ 8 Cues+Loop+Instant Gratification FXReply
2 Deck Launchpad w/ 8 Cues+Loop+Instant Gratification FX
Posted on: 15.03.2011 by Wenona Murro
Thanks to many contributors of DJTT community s (Str8upDrew, l0rdr0ck, alex8337 and others) I was finally able to get my launchpad fully mapped and ready for combat! Since I am fairly new to midi mapping this took me about a week to finalize, so I decided I would share with other members. Here is a layout of the mapping I have put together. The beatphase LED was just for fun but I decided to leave it, sort responds like KIT's lights from Kevening Rider but to the beat. The mapping has complete and colorful LED feedback response. This mapping is for Traktor Pro and does not use Automap.

Hope this mapping will be of use to some of you other DJs. I have included all the .tsi files along with midi yoke and bome's inside the .rar file

http://www.mediafire.com/?sth1uodjqqhazi2

Thanks again for everyone's hard work in helping me learn midi mapping! Enjoy
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by koooops
thx jwill for the new four deck mapping: I've been using your "official" 3.3 launchpad mapping for quite a while now, but wasn' t really in need for the second half of it and was getting ready to remap it exactly like this version: cheers!
No problem! I don't know why I didnt make this mapping ages ago. Super fun with an F1
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by RuneMK
Hey Jwill, thanks for some awesome mappings! I am, however, having some trouble with the effects. The mapping will trigger some different effects, but it dosen't seem to be midi fighter mappings at all.

This is how my effects rack looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/kiUJq.png
http://i.imgur.com/BBj4w.png

Hope you can help me. Thanks!
Just uploaded an edit that should correct that issue. Let me know if you're still having issues.

DOWNLOAD - 4 DECK LAUNCHPAD FIGHTER ROTATED 90 CCW SAMPLES/HOTCUES/LOOPING/FX/LED

Heres another new launchpad mapping I posted today that has all 4 decks with instant grat fx

JWiLL_LPF_4_Deck_FX.jpg

DOWNLOAD - LAUNCHPAD FIGHTER ROTATED 90 CCW FX ON ALL DECKS
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by niallr
Hey Jwill! Thank you for the mapping you made - it's very well thought out and accompanies my other hardware nicely.

My question is in regards to the one posted here: maps.djranking s.com/mappings/363 (JWiLL_Launchpad_Fighter_2.2) (4 Deck LAUNCHPAD FIGHTER SAMPLES/HOTCUES/LOOPING/FX/LED BY JWILL)

I have a problem however. The instant grat. effects don't all seem to be working as intended. The reverb on each side works, then the next 3 on the top row don't seem to do anything (with the 4th button being a toggle for something?). The effects on the bottom 2 rows all work fine, but the beatmashers freeze my Traktor the majority of the time for about a second or two each time I use them.

In conclusion, the top instant grat. row doesn't seem to trigger anything (apart from reverb) and the beatmasher freezes my Traktor. If you have any insight into the problem that would be much appreciated

Again, thank you for the wonderful mapping!

EDIT: Fixed both problems! I had a strange mapping which disabled the 3rd and 4th FX unit when I pressed any button on my MIDI controllers, which stopped most of the effects working. Changing the number of FX units to 4 fixed this.

The second problem was a audio buffer-related problem, so I enabled hardware buffer in ASIO4ALL for my audio device and it fixed the beatmasher problem.

Again, thanks for the mapping!

Glad you got it sorted out!
Carroll Dim
Hi,

First off Great mapping!!! When im playing a set any time I press a fx button on my launchpad, the fx stays activated even when i stop pressing the related fx button??? When I first loaded this map I dont remember it being like this? Any help would be great! thanks for an awesome map!!

-s
Carroll Dim
This wasnt happening when i first installed the awesome mapping? Now when i press a button it stays on and i cant figure out how to turn it off or fix this???? Otherwise awesome mapping!!

thanks

SJP
Carroll Dim
This is a great map that you made so far so good!! Im having two issues. 1. When I hit any of the effects buttons they stay activated. So the fx on box on my screen stays lit. I would either like for it to toggle or just be on when im holding down the button. 2. So my times when i start tracktor only half of the buttons on my launchpad light up. There is an easy fix for this one i just load it twice as recommended and the other lights turn back on. But problem #1 is the real issue. I swear when i first installed this map everything worked fine, the fx buttons would only stay activate until you stop pressing the button but then this happened? The only mod i made to the map was the sync buttons have been changed to cue buttons for deck A and B.

thanks
Claudine Parzanese
Hey man! I have a question.. I downloaded your mapping, https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/361
And every time I import it it disables my DDJ Ergo. So I have to setup my ergo again and then I cant use the Launch pad. But literally when I import the mapping all my midi for my Ergo doesnt work..
Mervin Blandy
This is awesome!, only a question...Can i use this mapping only for the fx control and use my hercules mk4 controller to mix?
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by koooops
thx jwill for the new four deck mapping: I've been using your "official" 3.3 launchpad mapping for quite a while now, but wasn' t really in need for the second half of it and was getting ready to remap it exactly like this version: cheers!
No problem! I don't know why I didnt make this mapping ages ago. Super fun with an F1
Ulrike Janov
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by RuneMK
Hey Jwill, thanks for some awesome mappings! I am, however, having some trouble with the effects. The mapping will trigger some different effects, but it dosen't seem to be midi fighter mappings at all.

Just uploaded an edit that should correct that issue. Let me know if you're still having issues.

DOWNLOAD - 4 DECK LAUNCHPAD FIGHTER ROTATED 90 CCW SAMPLES/HOTCUES/LOOPING/FX/LED

Heres another new launchpad mapping I posted today that has all 4 decks with instant grat fx

JWiLL_LPF_4_Deck_FX.jpg

DOWNLOAD - LAUNCHPAD FIGHTER ROTATED 90 CCW FX ON ALL DECKS
Malisa Penge

Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by niallr
Hey Jwill! Thank you for the mapping you made - it's very well thought out and accompanies my other hardware nicely.

My question is in regards to the one posted here: maps.djranking s.com/mappings/363 (JWiLL_Launchpad_Fighter_2.2) (4 Deck LAUNCHPAD FIGHTER SAMPLES/HOTCUES/LOOPING/FX/LED BY JWILL)

I have a problem however. The instant grat. effects don't all seem to be working as intended. The reverb on each side works, then the next 3 on the top row don't seem to do anything (with the 4th button being a toggle for something?). The effects on the bottom 2 rows all work fine, but the beatmashers freeze my Traktor the majority of the time for about a second or two each time I use them.

In conclusion, the top instant grat. row doesn't seem to trigger anything (apart from reverb) and the beatmasher freezes my Traktor. If you have any insight into the problem that would be much appreciated

EDIT: Fixed both problems! I had a strange mapping which disabled the 3rd and 4th FX unit when I pressed any button on my MIDI controllers, which stopped most of the effects working. Changing the number of FX units to 4 fixed this.

The second problem was a audio buffer-related problem, so I enabled hardware buffer in ASIO4ALL for my audio device and it fixed the beatmasher problem.

Glad you got it sorted out!
Lanita Aring

Lee Jasen
Hi Jwill - U made great mapping for Launchpad. Thank you for it.
Great thing in it is that U made it in 4 files because I can for example install only effects (TL, TR) and use other buttons for something else (I don't need play button etc because I have s4)

If I may I have one issue and one question.

After I run TL and TR on both I have problem with "Turntable FX", each time when I load new song the button is not responding correctly. I must use it few times, sometimes hold longer and later it's fine till I load next song.
I don't know what can be the problem - I'm using Windows - wasn't trying on mac yet

About that question as I mentioned I'm using s4 so I would like to install only TL and TR and for the bottom I wan't to load private samples from mp3 files - is it possible ? Do U or enyone know where can I find some guide how to do this ?

Take care and best mixes - sory for my english

ps. I know that for samples I can use "remix deck" but there I can only load 4 files at once and I will "lose" one canal (c or d). I was believeing about launching traktor and ableton similar but wasn't testing will it work and do not lag my comp.
Antwan Weasner
I can't seem to get this working post 2.5... ashame too cause it worked great before.
Kandra Fagler
hey i just downloaded this, what do i do with the bomes files if im on OSX? it comes with an exe file

also do i need midiyoke installed?

is it as simple as importing the mapping in Traktor (without automap)?
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by DJZILCH
anyone tested this with 2.5?

works fine?
It should just fine. I have yet to upgrade with all the bugs reported. Post your findings here so i can make the adjustments in the mapping.
Kandra Fagler
anyone tested this with 2.5?

works fine?
Thelma Defreitas
Thanks, looks good!
Somer Vanstraten
Originally Posted by Trisnet
Yeah I'd love a copy of that, personally thats what I was planning on doing with it anyway. I run an external mixer and 2x cdjs for tracks and navigation so I really just want to set it up for fx and samples
So, top left is deck c, top right sample deck
under that midi fighter and cue for deck a and b

left buttons, activate fx units 1 and 2 in corresponding decks

give it a try

hope you understand
Thelma Defreitas
Originally Posted by CionniAsDj
Hi jhyphinwill, i'm using your tsi since first version, with some editing here and there.
Today i finally decided to redesign the tsi according to my needs.
I move your cue and mf section at the bottom, deleting transport section for deck a and b.
Add at the top 4 lines of buttons a complete section for deck C, and add tractor 2.1.1 function to the sample section(moving yours 2 lines down and adding 2 lines over)
I change also the kill eq section with fx unit 1 & 2 assignment in all the decks.
First at all i wanna say thank you for the great work of importing the mf, this is the really big plus of your tsi.

If anyone want, i can share this edited version of jhyphinwill tsi.
Yeah I'd love a copy of that, personally thats what I was planning on doing with it anyway. I run an external mixer and 2x cdjs for tracks and navigation so I really just want to set it up for fx and samples
Veda Zarella
I just read this thread and I am totally going to buy a Launchpad.

Jhyphinwill , your work is amazing, thanks in advance, as I will certainly use your mapping !

However, I was wondering how you use your X1(s) alongside the launchpad ? Do you really use the X1 ?
I'm asking because I really like the X1 a lot and want to get one, but now that I saw this mapping ...
Somer Vanstraten
Hi jhyphinwill, i'm using your tsi since first version, with some editing here and there.
Today i finally decided to redesign the tsi according to my needs.
I move your cue and mf section at the bottom, deleting transport section for deck a and b.
Add at the top 4 lines of buttons a complete section for deck C, and add tractor 2.1.1 function to the sample section(moving yours 2 lines down and adding 2 lines over)
I change also the kill eq section with fx unit 1 & 2 assignment in all the decks.
First at all i wanna say thank you for the great work of importing the mf, this is the really big plus of your tsi.

If anyone want, i can share this edited version of jhyphinwill tsi.
Jaclyn Minjarez
Hey guys, I have been using this mapping for some time and love it. The effect section is perfect with my S4. I was wondering if there was a way to erase the lower half of the launchpad mapping. I don't want the hot cues / looper and stuff. I keep hitting it by accident when playing. I don't know how to keep the one section and loose the other. Any help would be great.
Ed
Chasidy Heckenbach
isn't this all meant to be about collaboration and all? in the other thread he did say:

this is a mod of member jhyphynwill tsi....thanx for all of his work and time....
i believe people modding other peoples tsi's is a very cool as it gives the (lazy) ones who dont want to play with tsi's more choice.

credit should always be given ofc but seems like he did.

i suspect with the xtreme mapping app lots of new tsi's and mods will start popping up as it makes the whole process so simple. in fact i guess that's already started happening - which is good surely?

in reality the midifighter part that was kept would actually easily be modded from the original instant grat tsi anyway? haven't used the xm app as sadly don't have a mac here ah well...

edit: @jerrywc was probably uncool/tactless to stick that massive W.C. logo thing of yours in his thread tho...
Johnson Tomon
its all gravy baby
Wenona Murro
Originally Posted by jerrywc
Guess not lol apologies
Jennie Valetin
isn't sharing ideas and improving them what brings us to the next level at the end of the day? i can't really talk about programming b/c i'm not familiar with it but i believe this is true for pretty much all you do in life.

with this i just wanna thank ALL OF YOU for the good work! it's b/c of you all that many people have taken their djing to another level!
Johnson Tomon
Originally Posted by jhyphinwill
I credited everyones work that got my mapping this far (First post if you missed it). I didn't see you crediting me anywhere? All I saw was my altered map with your name on it. I encourage people to modify the mapping to their liking, obviously every DJ has a different style, or at least hopefully. it just seems a bit dodgy that you would try and re-release it with a completely different name. I'm not trying to flex here just saying...
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=35671

sorry you didnt get the memo......
Wenona Murro
actually the only thing that is the same has yours is the midifighter...wich you stole from someone else right? and didnt i say thanx for all of your work. if you didnt want anyone to modify your tsi...maybe you shouldnt put it up online!?...get over it hommie
I credited everyones work that got my mapping this far (First post if you missed it). I didn't see you crediting me anywhere? All I saw was my altered map with your name on it. I encourage people to modify the mapping to their liking, obviously every DJ has a different style, or at least hopefully. it just seems a bit dodgy that you would try and re-release it with a completely different name. I'm not trying to flex here just saying...
Johnson Tomon
actually the only thing that is the same has yours is the midifighter...wich YOU stole from someone else right? and didnt i say thanx for all of your work? if you didnt want anyone to modify your tsi...maybe you shouldnt put it up online!?...get over it hommie
Wenona Murro
alright yall.....here is my moddified version of the ops tsi
basicly the only thing that is the same is the midifighters....
enjoy took me like a weekend and a half

i still consider this a work in progress....so let me know if u gots an idea

you copied my map changed it up a bit and through your name on it???
Jennie Valetin
jerry, i love the two super combos.

however, it worked for me 2 days ago. today i tried again and the effects settings are all messed up. it loads the delay t3 instead of the beatmasher for example.
i used the std order of effects. any ideas?
Wenona Murro
Just posted my latest launchpad mapping check it out here
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=36177
Stanford Burgy
hi jerry, good work mate, used this yesterday worked great, though the delays still didn't work for me something my comp doesn't like about it.

thanks again.

p.s. is it possible to have 4 mf on the launchpad so that you could use all 4 effect units?
Wenona Murro
with the release of xtreme mapping I will have new version coming very soon, stay tuned!
Johnson Tomon
no.....im from us....but when i visited the uk and sweden i noticed that....and i actually do go by my middle name most of the time....kinda how i came up with the name actually....that and a little influence from anderw w. k.

when its time to party....we will party hard!

Chasidy Heckenbach
oh yeah....i forgot to mention i did put a super effect on the top two right round buttons....both the same effect...the top one deck a...the one below deck b...you need to use the bottom two round buttons to make sure effect unit 4 is selected for the corresponding deck. then if deck a is playing hold down the top round button....has you hold it down the third value increases in deck 4 and you get the taking off effect......just something i threw in on the fly....probly gonna change it....tell me what yall believe

you're not from the uk i presume? W.C. means toilet apols in advance if its your initials and it's just how u wrote them - but u can see the comedy factor

and yep - maybe this is a bit rich coming from someone who chose *zestoi* as a nick
Johnson Tomon
oh yeah....i forgot to mention i did put a super effect on the top two right round buttons....both the same effect...the top one deck a...the one below deck b...you need to use the bottom two round buttons to make sure effect unit 4 is selected for the corresponding deck. then if deck a is playing hold down the top round button....has you hold it down the third value increases in deck 4 and you get the taking off effect......just something i threw in on the fly....probly gonna change it....tell me what yall believe

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy