What black slabs of wax (vinyl) have you bought this week?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: What black slabs of wax (vinyl) have you bought this week?Reply
What black slabs of wax (vinyl) have you bought this week?
Posted on: 10.10.2013 by Lawana Mileto
Just wanted to see what wax people had been spending their hard earned money on?

Myself, I picked up the new;

Delroy Edwards on LA Club Resource
Delroy Edwards vs Funkineven on Apron Records
Dungeon Meat/SE62 on My Love is Underground
Will Spinello
My copy of the new Anthony Naples came today. Well worth the wait. Great record. I see the next release on Proibito is going to be an EP by Austin Cesear. Don't know much about the guy, but his album from last year was amazing. Looking forward to it.
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by matrick
Popped into Phonica yesterday and picked up the Point G single sider and Typerope reissue.
Nice pickups there matrick!

Nothing bought today, but hoping the records I've bought this week actually turn up soon.
Bethann Olortegui
Popped into Phonica yesterday and picked up the Point G single sider and Typerope reissue.
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by 3heads
Not having bought vinyl for a couple of months, I ended up in a bit of a mailordering binge today. Not gonna list it all (I'm lazy and stuff), but here's a few:

Point G. - Number 3
Point G. - Number 3 LTD
Ekkohaus / Rills - In Hause Wax 5
Subb-An & Tuccillo - Day Motion
Dungeon Meat / SE62 - My Love Is Underground 15
Nice pickups there,

need to get me hands on the Point G releases!
Dannie Dimora
Madeon's Technicolor, truly a beautiful track, the guy deserves props.
Celestine Porebski
Not having bought vinyl for a couple of months, I ended up in a bit of a mailordering binge today. Not gonna list it all (I'm lazy and stuff), but here's a few:

Point G. - Number 3
Point G. - Number 3 LTD
Ekkohaus / Rills - In Hause Wax 5
Subb-An & Tuccillo - Day Motion
Dungeon Meat / SE62 - My Love Is Underground 15
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by Thumper
The Giegling I've had my eye on for quite a while. There is a very nice Prince of Denmark track on it, which is why I bought it. I was after his album (Still am,) but when I actually got around to buying it...well.....I had it in my basket at Juno, went to look for something in another room, came back two minutes later and it was sold out....same as every other shop as far as I can tell. I seem to keep missing out on his stuff. The other tracks are nice - slow and ambienty, the Vril tune on the A side is really nice too.

I like Mosca's more garage-y stuff but this is so different. Full on techno. Power to him for doing stuff like this. I've always liked producers who couldn't give a toss about genres.
Yeah just checked out that Mosca one, like you said completely different, sounds big! And yeah fair play to him, he's got talent, will have to pick that up.

I can tell it's gonna be one of those months, where there are too many releases coming out!

So after just moments ago saying I wouldnt buy anymore, just found a couple of big slabs o' wax on redeye, gonna have to put an order in.
Will Spinello
The Giegling I've had my eye on for quite a while. There is a very nice Prince of Denmark track on it, which is why I bought it. I was after his album (Still am,) but when I actually got around to buying it...well.....I had it in my basket at Juno, went to look for something in another room, came back two minutes later and it was sold out....same as every other shop as far as I can tell. I seem to keep missing out on his stuff. The other tracks are nice - slow and ambienty, the Vril tune on the A side is really nice too.

I like Mosca's more garage-y stuff but this is so different. Full on techno. Power to him for doing stuff like this. I've always liked producers who couldn't give a toss about genres.
Lawana Mileto
You mean like this month, which has just started? Which has all those lovely record buying days left?

Anyways. I fell off the wagon after about five minutes:

VA - SUDSTADT - Giegling

Aquarian Foundation - Language Of The Hand EP - Moodhut

Omar S - Nelson County - FXHE

Mosca - A Thousand Years' Wait - Ann Aimee

Dario Zenker - Alto Fragments - Ilian Tape

Murph Tone - Jack Session 2 - Synapsis

Well impressed with the Mosca one. It's so different from the sort of thing I imagined him doing. A proper banger.

Yes this month all ready, but as you know how it is, im sure they'll be more purchases.

You picked up some nice bits there Thumper, the Omar S and Aquarian Foundation ones are both pure quality.

Havent heard the Mosca one, but might have to check that out.

Whats the Giegling VA like? Picked up the Dwig LP on Gieling a few months back and thats so good.
Will Spinello
Originally Posted by amadeus

Really should stop now for this month.
You mean like this month, which has just started? Which has all those lovely record buying days left?

Anyways. I fell off the wagon after about five minutes:

VA - SUDSTADT - Giegling

Aquarian Foundation - Language Of The Hand EP - Moodhut

Omar S - Nelson County - FXHE

Mosca - A Thousand Years' Wait - Ann Aimee

Dario Zenker - Alto Fragments - Ilian Tape

Murph Tone - Jack Session 2 - Synapsis

Well impressed with the Mosca one. It's so different from the sort of thing I imagined him doing. A proper banger.
Lakeesha Storman
Bryan Jones - Chicago Jack

crazy good!
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by matrick
can't really go worn with midland imo.

just picked up la fleur - evening flow (kenny larkin remix) and am seeing a guy about his old techno collection. around 80 pieces for
Hank Guidas
Mood II Swing - Do It Your Way is boss
Bethann Olortegui
can't really go worn with midland imo.

just picked up la fleur - evening flow (kenny larkin remix) and am seeing a guy about his old techno collection. around 80 pieces for
Ming Devis
Pre Ordered the new Midland - Diving Bell EP. Drumtrack is a beast
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
Picked up about 400 records from a guy locally yesterday, all stuff from the 90's. Some stuff I don't even know, but he was like...you have to take that one, you'll like it. He told me if I don't like any, just to bring the stack of stuff I don't like and he'll give me another stack to go through and pick out what I like. Since I'm just getting into tables and building a collection, this guy is an absolute godsend, and some of what I've listened to so far is crazy good classic house, jungle, techno and trance.

So far, some of the big winners have been

Love Tattoo - History of Disco
Armand Van Helden 2 Future 4 U
Mood II Swing - Do It Your Way
and Erick Morillo, Harry Romero, Jose nunez - Dancin (Fuzzy Hair Remixes)
Dream Traveler - Time (Remixed)
Nice, you got plenty of records to go through then! Better get on with it!
Lawana Mileto
I believe this week there were about 10 that I really wanted. I believe, though, it's the (perhaps false) perceived notion I have that a lot of the stuff I like is going to be gone very quickly due to relatively limited pressings is the single factor that makes me pull the trigger. In reality, though, a lot of them are going to get repressed in the near future, and for those that aren't, well, the internet is a big place and you can always be certain that there is One Last Copy out there in some tiny record shop or on Discogs. In comparison, I've got digital stuff in various wishlists that I really want, have had there for months and months but haven't bought because I know I can buy them at any time, day or evening ....
Yeah knowing somethings limited, and you could be without it deffinately makes a difference. Makes you wanna click that buy button just that bit more. But like you said there are always ways to hunt out a copy. Though if it's real limited you'll be paying out god knows how much more on discogs.

Yeah my wishlists on juno and discogs are getting way too big!

I don't know the last time I bought anything digital, I just cannot be bothered trawling through the endless releases that come out. And it would just end up getting lost on my computer somewhere anyway.

So yeah gave in and purchased;

Bookworms/Beato on russian Torrent Versions
Silver Ash - Silver Ash 001 on Silver Ash (Inventive naming this really)
Djebali pres. Mr KS - Rhodes on Djebali France
Lakeesha Storman
Picked up about 400 records from a guy locally yesterday, all stuff from the 90's. Some stuff I don't even know, but he was like...you have to take that one, you'll like it. He told me if I don't like any, just to bring the stack of stuff I don't like and he'll give me another stack to go through and pick out what I like. Since I'm just getting into tables and building a collection, this guy is an absolute godsend, and some of what I've listened to so far is crazy good classic house, jungle, techno and trance.

So far, some of the big winners have been

Love Tattoo - History of Disco
Armand Van Helden 2 Future 4 U
Mood II Swing - Do It Your Way
and Erick Morillo, Harry Romero, Jose nunez - Dancin (Fuzzy Hair Remixes)
Dream Traveler - Time (Remixed)
Will Spinello
I believe this week there were about 10 that I really wanted. I believe, though, it's the (perhaps false) perceived notion I have that a lot of the stuff I like is going to be gone very quickly due to relatively limited pressings is the single factor that makes me pull the trigger. In reality, though, a lot of them are going to get repressed in the near future, and for those that aren't, well, the internet is a big place and you can always be certain that there is One Last Copy out there in some tiny record shop or on Discogs. In comparison, I've got digital stuff in various wishlists that I really want, have had there for months and months but haven't bought because I know I can buy them at any time, day or evening ....
Lawana Mileto
Dollo Percussion - Dollo Percussion (LIES White Label)
Mix Mup - Afer the Job (Hinge Finger)
H+M - Drama (Axis)

Been after the H+M one for a while. Found it second hand in a shop yesterday. Cover is a bit manky but the actual wax is fine.

I believe I'm going to have to delete my wishlists at various places. This is bankrupting me. I found one in my stack that I bought at Christmas and it's still in it's shrink wrap....Lol - Search and Acquisition I guess.
Nice pickups Thumper!

I'm having to keep off buying any for a couple of weeks, bought way too much in the last month, believe about 30. If I buy any more the mrs will kill me.

So hard seeing new releases, and not hitting that buy it button!
Will Spinello
Dollo Percussion - Dollo Percussion (LIES White Label)
Mix Mup - Afer the Job (Hinge Finger)
H+M - Drama (Axis)

Been after the H+M one for a while. Found it second hand in a shop yesterday. Cover is a bit manky but the actual wax is fine.

I believe I'm going to have to delete my wishlists at various places. This is bankrupting me. I found one in my stack that I bought at Christmas and it's still in it's shrink wrap....Lol - Search and Acquisition I guess.
Lawana Mileto
Deffo need to pick up that Anthony Naples one!

Its always a busy time towards the end of the year, but it's a bit crazy this year, too many big releases!
Will Spinello
Is there no end to this madness? Redeye's got the new Naples on Proibito up. Just put my order in. Ships Fri, Monday delivery.

God, I'm going to be skint before I get away to Vienna.
Delila Vandommelen
The remastered 10 year re-release of Mathew Jonson's Typerope EP should be out this week. My favourite from him and one of my favourite ever, period. It's a digital remaster by Pole... instead of the previous which apparently was somehow made off vinyl ?!

Getting ready to purchase two copies and two display frames (my crunchy copy will display one of the sides, one of the mint copies will show the other, and the last will be my gigging copy).
Lawana Mileto
Cheers for the tip Thumper!

Unfortunately computer at work hates the redeye website and I cant use it, so just have to hope still in stock when I get in.

Vester Koza one sounds good, have to checkl it out when I get in! Last two were top quality.
Will Spinello
No, it's a new one, Number three. It's a two tracker...Here's part of the LWE review...

On the A-side, a low throb and gusts of bass form a kind of rhythmic undertow, while static-y organ stabs ring out on top
Lawana Mileto
And todays buys: The new Vester Koza on Maslo and Russian Torrent Versions 001 - Ueli I believe it's called. Bought it on spec. Haven't heard it at all but the other three have been brilliant.

Speaking of Russian Torrent Versions, I see there are a bunch of LIES reresses out just now - get them while they're hot!
Vester Koza got a new one out? Or do you mean 002, the last one, either way the guys on fire with Maslo.

Who's stocking the LIES represses? Still need to pick up the rest of the Russian Torrent Versions stuff, top quality from what I've heard.

Nothing bought since last time, but I do get to pick up the ones I ordered from the post office today.
Will Spinello
And todays buys: The new Vester Koza on Maslo and Russian Torrent Versions 001 - Ueli I believe it's called. Bought it on spec. Haven't heard it at all but the other three have been brilliant.

Speaking of Russian Torrent Versions, I see there are a bunch of LIES reresses out just now - get them while they're hot!
Lawana Mileto
Oh thats not as bad as I thought it would, thought it would be a lot more.

Like how you've planned it so you get a bit each week!
Ming Devis
It's about 12 pounds for 3 records from Phonica and can take up to 2 and a bit weeks sometimes. I pretty much buy some every pay so I have a few every week to cure my itch. I search hard for people selling second hand wax in Aus on Discogs.
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by LoopCat
Getting mail orders to Australia is pricey!
Must cost a small fortune getting orders shipped over there!!
Ming Devis
Out of interest, where is everyone buying from these days? For myself, I make good use of mail order now, from Juno, Phonica, Boomkat and - best of all, I believe - Redeye Records. Also use Rubadub for mail order, which is really lazy of me as It's only a mile away and my mate works in their warehouse. Don't get in to town very often these days, though, so ordering online is often the bet option. That shipping sure does build up, so it's good to see places like Redeye do free shipping when you spend over 50 notes. Even did mail order from Hardwax once but the shipping on that was just a bit too much for me to want to repeat it very often.

As for bricks and mortar stores, mostly Rubadub, although I also use Underground Solution (Can't even remember if that's the right name,) when I'm through in Edinburgh. If I'm away I like to see what's on offer. I quite like Phonica in London (Although I know a couple of people that just sort of muttered 'Hipster rubbish' when I mentioned it - so what, it's got a damn good selection,) but there is a second hand place just down the same street which blew me away. Can't remember the name at all.
Exactly the same places as you although I have been using Discogs a fair bit lately. Juno seems to be the cheapest.

I was in Berlin in August and rode push bikes around the city picking up records at some of the record stores over there. I went to London as well and visited BM SOHO and Phonica. Nothing beats being able to go to a decent store with staff that know their music so well. Don't take it for granted! Getting mail orders to Australia is pricey!
Lawana Mileto
Out of interest, where is everyone buying from these days? For myself, I make good use of mail order now, from Juno, Phonica, Boomkat and - best of all, I believe - Redeye Records. Also use Rubadub for mail order, which is really lazy of me as It's only a mile away and my mate works in their warehouse. Don't get in to town very often these days, though, so ordering online is often the bet option. That shipping sure does build up, so it's good to see places like Redeye do free shipping when you spend over 50 notes. Even did mail order from Hardwax once but the shipping on that was just a bit too much for me to want to repeat it very often.

As for bricks and mortar stores, mostly Rubadub, although I also use Underground Solution (Can't even remember if that's the right name,) when I'm through in Edinburgh. If I'm away I like to see what's on offer. I quite like Phonica in London (Although I know a couple of people that just sort of muttered 'Hipster rubbish' when I mentioned it - so what, it's got a damn good selection,) but there is a second hand place just down the same street which blew me away. Can't remember the name at all.
I mainly shop online, when I have the chance to go to a shop I do but isn't very often.

Mainstay is Juno, generally good service cheap postage and I reckon they get more copies of each than most.
Rubadub has a good selection, cheaper postage too. Chemical Records for those bits you wished you'd bought as they never seem to sell out as quick, selection isn't as good as Juno though.

Another is Vinyl Underground, based in northampton, if you ever have the chance to visit do, its amazing, not a massive shop, but floor to ceiling wax! And the guys in there know their shiit!

Occasionally, I buy from Phonica, though not too keen on the people in the shop bit up themselves, redeye.

Buy quite a lot through discogs, quite a few sellers/shops that I always revisit, namely Kristina (based in Dalston) and Japhy (can't quite remember where there based. There's also a couple of good Italian and German shops selling through discogs that are worth visiting.

As much as I buy my records online, I do miss the days of sifting through a record shop chatting shit to the owners/other shoppers, digging online just aint the same.
Will Spinello

Will Spinello
Aargh! I meant to buy that Aquarian Foundation one myself last evening ! Totally forgot!
Lawana Mileto
Todays buys. Avoiding believeing about work crap and computer blues:

How to Kill Detroit ( Thanks for the tip, Amadeus. This one would have passed me by.)

Crime Scene - Jam the Box.

7 Citizens - Do Your Head In.
No worries, the How To Kill is a big EP. Nice pickups there man.

Caved in and bought a few more.

KMFH - The Boat Party on Wild Oats
Aquaian Foundation - Language of the Hand on Mood Hut
Baaz - What About Talk About #2 on Office Recordings

Hope not much else comes out this month!
Will Spinello
Todays buys. Avoiding believeing about work crap and computer blues:

How to Kill Detroit ( Thanks for the tip, Amadeus. This one would have passed me by.)

Crime Scene - Jam the Box.

7 Citizens - Do Your Head In.
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by LoopCat
Christopher Rau - Asper Clouds

Efdemin - Chicago Remixes

Duster Valentine/Ardvark - Tracks From The Vault Vol. 1
Nice pickups, the Efdemin Chicago Remixes one is quality!
Ming Devis
Christopher Rau - Asper Clouds

Efdemin - Chicago Remixes

Duster Valentine/Ardvark - Tracks From The Vault Vol. 1
Will Spinello
Yeah, lol, I know just how it is. I went on Juno earlier to buy a new power adaptor for my xoxbox and ended up buying 'Papers 002', which is either by Truss or Bleaching Agent. My computer repairs may have to wait as I just found a record on discogs I've been looking for since 1994.....

Berlin is a great city for chilling in. Yeah, it's so easy to get around in on public transport. Well, aside from this one bus we used down by Wansee where the driver just kept yelling at us for no intelligible reason....I've been twice now and would love to go again. Any city with currywurst is okay with me.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy