Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HEREReply
Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE
Posted on: 06.05.2008 by
I want to start a thread where everyone can see all the custom gear that has been created by other djs here at Dj Tech Tools. Post a few photos of your set up and a brief description of what you did.
Shay Wyche

Lovely piece of work.
Margo Gilb
errrr.... sorry The Simpsons have changed my life

Back to topic... thanks for your replies. I have a few more pics in the german Deejaycommunity (and also the full story). It is HERE

At the back are 4 inputs for foot-switches. So there is enough place for a shift-function or some stomping action
Lisa Lochotzki
Wow! really cool looking. Nice!

many LEDs and Burns Faders,
euh, maybe Bourns? 1 vowel for a penny here
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Robin Raydon
This is my little DIY Midi-Arcade Controller... (and a DN-SC 2000)

It is made of painted wood, plastics, Alps Pots, Sanwa buttons, many LEDs and Burns Faders, 40m wire and four gamepad PCBs. I started the project in December and just finished it today... now its mapping-time
Very nice indeed!!
Margo Gilb
This is my little DIY Midi-Arcade Controller... (and a DN-SC 2000)

It is made of painted wood, plastics, Alps Pots, Sanwa buttons, many LEDs and Burns Faders, 40m wire and four gamepad PCBs. I started the project in December and just finished it today... now its mapping-time
Stephan Denigris
@etch......nice cohiba box......lol
DJ MENSAH
A masterpiece.
Charline Churilla
This is my recently finished mod of my Digital Jockey 2. Play, Cue and Cup buttons were completely changed and modified with 12x12 Omron B3F switches, and some led customization was made for better orientation in dark circumstances.

Cheers,

Mr Firpo

Chau Honrado
My midifighter inspired controllers, the WoofHIBA and WoofHIBA II

the larger isnt quite finished, two rotary encoders still need knobs (one isnt in controller yet, still to be wired up) and got some nice new caps for the faders, this is about to replace my VCI100SE as my out rig, custom mapping to follow shortly!

ones based around an old mac keyboard (the smaller one) and the larger is based around an Arduino Mega 2560 (LED feedback is one of the first mods to be made in the future)

photo.JPG
Karolis Petrauskas
Originally Posted by djproben
OK this isn't really a mod either but ... since I can't afford an S4 but I'm really jealous of the FAT FILTER KNOBS on it, I made a slight change to the VCI....

Fun to use but a bit on the large side; I just ordered some that are slightly smaller.
Hugified! Post a pic with the new ones...I've actually seen the ones for a DJM 800 on Ebay. Might be an option for you if the next batch is no good.
Danae Dumler
OK this isn't really a mod either but ... since I can't afford an S4 but I'm really jealous of the FAT FILTER KNOBS on it, I made a slight change to the VCI....

Fun to use but a bit on the large side; I just ordered some that are slightly smaller.
Rosaura Maffetone
Not exactly the crazies mod but it's what i got:

I've been stalking the DJTT webstore for the knob/fader packs to be back in stock. loving them. i play alot of dark booths and these are lifesavers!
Bee Demyer

DJ MENSAH
Diy ftw!
Korey Quines
Heres my mods!

First of all, the VCI-100 VinylMod!

I had some trouble with space on my desk and I ended up without any comfy place for the mouse, so I made a little mod on my Nocturn too.

I attached 4 erasers on the bottom of the device.

Now my nocturn is at the same level as my VCI, and the chord to the mouse can move freely. :P

Everything fits!
Chau Honrado
Originally Posted by DJKeyWee
Thanks etch! The top & bottom plate are aluminium plate, the same used for rackmount. it's built like tank
even better! and the Moog-esque knobs are a nice touch
Harley Hendzel
Originally Posted by vanaema78
Jason Cerna,

Where did u get thouse knobs?
They look so nice.
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...ED-LINE/1.html
Lisa Lochotzki
Originally Posted by etch
thats awesome! really nice mod,
Thanks etch! The top & bottom plate are aluminium plate, the same used for rackmount. it's built like tank
Edwina Fagel
Jason Cerna,

Where did u get thouse knobs?
They look so nice.
Chau Honrado
Originally Posted by DJKeyWee
Here's a custom MidiFighter I made for a friend of mine.
thats awesome! really nice mod,
Lettie Megehee
arcade 001.jpgarcade 001.jpg
Corey Tronchin
I mapped the second X1 as a mixer, with kill buttons on the side, and the volume fader as the topknob with a total killbutton next to it.

I admit, it's not you're standard mixer and as soon as NI are gonna develop a midi-mixer in X1 format (check the m1 thread somewhere here) i'll get it. But for now, having this different layout works pretty darn good. I'm surprised myself!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Michielygil
I have a mixer standing here too, but I actually like just djing with 2 x1's a lot. For some reason djing without faders forces me to focus and the equalizer-part a lot more, resulting in sharper mixing. Funny but true
do you not use any faders at all? What do you do then, EQ up and down and have a button to switch volume faders from 0 to full or what?
Corey Tronchin
I have a mixer standing here too, but I actually like just djing with 2 x1's a lot. For some reason djing without faders forces me to focus and the equalizer-part a lot more, resulting in sharper mixing. Funny but true
Wayne Washko
[QUOTE=Michielygil;211924]Thanks for the feedback!

Yup, it's 2 X1's sitting on an audio 8 dj.

Great idea Michielygil - i was believeing of getting another X1 and doing a similar set up - but i only have an audio 4 dj. i believe i'd miss having faders too much - but its a great compact set up. looking forward to final pics of the finished product.
Random X
Nice one Michiel!
Corey Tronchin
Thanks for the feedback!

Yup, it's 2 X1's sitting on an audio 8 dj.

It's actually too bad the usb-connectors of the X1's stick out so much, so i have another 5 cm's of extra casing, which wasn't really necessary. On the other hand, it could host a nanokontrol/pad on top quite nicely.

All in all i'm pretty happy it all has a tight fit in the end, seeing I'm far from a carpenter.

Will post some pics when it's done.
Brunilda Kora
Is that 2 X1's and an audio interface?

Great work.
Caitlyn Scarantino
Originally Posted by michielygil
i hate cables as much as the next guy, so i decided to try and make a container for my stuff.

Worked on it today and it certainly needs some more work, but here's the idea:

i put an usb hub in there for all the cables.

I need to fix a piece of wood in the back to stabalize the x1's and cover up the cables and then it's only 3 cables out: Sound, usb and power.

Then some polishing and painting et voila; my own all in one controller.
that's bad ass!
Zulma Bolender
Nice job and great idea
Corey Tronchin
I hate cables as much as the next guy, so I decided to try and make a container for my stuff.

Worked on it today and it certainly needs some more work, but here's the idea:

I put an usb hub in there for all the cables.

I need to fix a piece of wood in the back to stabalize the x1's and cover up the cables and then it's only 3 cables out: sound, usb and power.

Then some polishing and painting et voila; my own all in one controller.
Harley Hendzel
My S4 is great overall, but I don't like the knobs. They were a little too large for my taste and you can't really see the white notch. So, I went with some smaller ones for my eq section and the dry/wet knobs on the effects banks. Any 6mm D-shaft/flatted shaft knob will fit. The ones I picked had a 12mm skirt.

Next thing I will do is order some new fader caps for the crossfader and pitch faders. Then, order a cover from 12 inch skinz

New knob compared to the OEM knob.

New knobs on the layout I wanted:

Harley Hendzel
I want to relabel the buttons for my traktor s4 mappings. But, the ink on the buttons is thermal based, so it will be hard to scrub off. I will most likely use some kind of vinyl based sticker or athletic tape and just put them over the top of the buttons and then write on them with a grease pencil or something.
Random X
Still want to do something similar to my BCR, but I will still need to have my labels on there as well.

So I'm still believeing that one out.
Harley Hendzel
Thanks.
Random X
Wow!

Awesome paintjob on that one man!
Harley Hendzel
The controller is a Denon DN-HC1000S
Brunilda Kora
What controller is that? Nice paint job.
Harley Hendzel
"Summer Breeze"

The paint is done, now i have to work on labels for the buttons.

Cindi Freiler
Originally Posted by earl panda
hey ean and all the other guys!
i

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy