Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HEREReply
Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE
Posted on: 06.05.2008 by
I want to start a thread where everyone can see all the custom gear that has been created by other djs here at Dj Tech Tools. Post a few photos of your set up and a brief description of what you did.
Nisha Latkowski
Originally Posted by amazon
vestax tr1 =))

Russia,Moscow
real nice. I like the black (carbon?) one..

great work.
Patty Kyburz
vestax tr1 =))

Russia,Moscow
Nisha Latkowski
Originally Posted by deco
nice Cptn Midevening - what did you use to label?
and do you have a .tsi to share?
I used 3M adhesive Vinyl..and a laser cutter (work).

...and il post the TSI when I get home.
Caitlyn Scarantino
Originally Posted by wimsley
Hey Deejaysoul

Inspirational job! Love what you did with the knobs

Could you tell me the diameter of the filter and looping knobs? I've ordered some 20 x 12mm for the EQ and FX controls and about to order some more on eBay from Hong Kong

Thanks
Thanks, they are 1" for the filter & looping and the the rest are .75".
Wayne Washko
nice Cptn Midevening - what did you use to label?
and do you have a .tsi to share?
Brunilda Kora
Nice.
Nisha Latkowski
APC40 Traktor button overlay

Eleanore Trusley
Hey Deejaysoul

Inspirational job! Love what you did with the knobs

Could you tell me the diameter of the filter and looping knobs? I've ordered some 20 x 12mm for the EQ and FX controls and about to order some more on eBay from Hong Kong

Thanks
Caitlyn Scarantino
Originally Posted by joostiisme
@deejaysoul:
is it easy to replace the encoder knobs on the X1? have you tried the normal rotary knobs?
Yeah it was pretty easy to do, Just pull off the knobs and slide the new ones on and turn tighten the set screw. The tricky part, is remembering to leave a little bit of space under the knob so it doesnt hit chassis when spinning the knob while its pushed down.

The silver one, I assume is what you would consider regular, since its fully round, yeah I have, but finding replacement knobs arent easy. I tired the ones off my Rane 2016, but its a spine mount, versus the D-shaft of the X1 and with set screw. It helps with positioning and have them spin property without the drag, but I also know they wont pop off easily.

But also to answer your question in another way, you can use a knob from anything, shaft sizes are pretty standard. The tricky part, is finding the knobs and finding ones that suit your style and for me that meant larger knobs I can spin with control. The original one are great, but when I did my first party in a dark bar with the S4, I realize I couldnt see the knobs in the dark, especially the zero point. And when I found some knobs, they had larger ones and I thought to myself this will give me better control smaller ones. I learned my lesson from using a BCD3000 for a year, and found it hard to fine tune the EQs and Levels with the little knobs on that controller.
Demetra Pinizzotto
@deejaysoul:
is it easy to replace the encoder knobs on the X1? have you tried the normal rotary knobs?
Julissa Serrone
now those are some pimp ass knobs!!!!!!!!!

what are they? man that looks sweet.
Korey Quines
Originally Posted by deejaysoul
Some of the pictures might look distorted, because a fisheye lens and then did a lens correction in photoshop.

I like the "punk" feel to your gear. Nice modding
Caitlyn Scarantino
Some of the pictures might look distorted, because a fisheye lens and then did a lens correction in photoshop.

Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by dj guru
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...500512&theater

Makes my setup look WAY more expensive than it really was!

Got it from www.styleflip.com
That's awesome... how hard is it to apply the decals to the technics?
Harley Hendzel
i've decided to just use the xsession with ableton live. but i am still considering gutting it and making some modifications to the case. the problem is that the main board takes up almost all the space inside.
Harley Hendzel
Originally Posted by Viirus::..
great mod! Where did you get the Traktor stickers from?
extra ones from my s4
Teodora Hancharik
sweet midi fighter
Stephan Denigris
need that PCB!
Stephan Denigris
so simple yet so smart! nice one
Teodora Hancharik
Just a useful idea some may want to use. I used a white paint pen and colored the notches on the knobs to easier see what amount I was turning them.

As seen in the pics used on the headphone knobs, sampler knobs and on the crossfader curve knob in the rear.

Teodora Hancharik
great mod! Where did you get the Traktor stickers from?
Shonda Soulier
Originally Posted by haze324
It must be Xsession season.
I get that feeling too. There are a lot of these floating around. I got mine for $40 off Craigslist. Thinking about building an Ableton controller with it...maybe a custom enclosure, a couple gamepads...
Julissa Serrone
It must be Xsession season. That thing looks pimp.

I've been believeing of a DIY or one of these. How do you like the feel of the knobs and faders? My thoughts were to take the top off and get a custom case built for it to sit flush with an X1, I also have an old Maya44 sound card i wanted to drop in the case and have a small portable unit for boat parties, pool parties anything I don't want the S4 to get smashed at.

The paint looks great man.
Harley Hendzel
Thanks. It was originally just red and white and I wasn't happy with it. So, I added a tiny bit of orange.

I used Montana Gold for the paint.

Since I didn't want to cannibalize the parts, I also felt like this controller would will work well paired with my midi fighter whenever I end up traveling on vacation. Because I always end up running into someone who asks if I'm a DJ.
Danae Dumler
the x-sessions pro is great for hotel rooms and such where you don't feel like bringing your gear -- just a computer, x sessions, and a sound card and you're rocking it. well, and a speaker or two, but you can plug into the TV in a pinch. Even with an S4 laying around you will probably find a chance to use this once in a while. And damn you did a nice job with the paint!
Stephan Denigris
@jason

ive always wanted to pick up some cheap-o crappy usb controller and pull the buttons/knobs/faders and throw them into a custom enclosure or something.
aka something smaller.
Harley Hendzel
Originally Posted by ToOntown
Isn't it funny that you can pick one of those up for so cheap and it'll work fine in a pinch? What are you gonna use it for?
yea for $35 bucks right? not bad imo.

i wanted to strip the faders and the pots off and use them in a diy project. but, after taking the top off, i noticed everything is soldered onto the board. so, i will save myself the effort and use it for traktor in some way. i'm picking up my midi fighter tomorrow, so this xsession + midi fighter + kontrol s4 seems like just what i need at this point.

right now, i've been using my s4 with my denon midi controller to get used to traktor. but the midi fighter will take care of what i've been doing on the denon and with an easier time on the button end. the x session will give me that added extra with those faders so i can make those super knobs and faders for the effects i'm using.
Matha Obray
Originally Posted by Jason Cerna
Picked this up for $35 yesterday. Tossed some paint on there. Much better than that god awful oem grey color. I also put on the knobs from my Kontrol S4

How u like that thing? Ive been believeing about grabbing one.
Shonda Soulier
Originally Posted by Jason Cerna
Picked this up for $35 yesterday. Tossed some paint on there. Much better than that god awful oem grey color. I also put on the knobs from my Kontrol S4
That looks pretty tight. I believe I might take a stab at something like that. The Traktor sticker in the faders would have looked badass over the power light but I like it anyway

Isn't it funny that you can pick one of those up for so cheap and it'll work fine in a pinch? What are you gonna use it for?
Harley Hendzel

Danae Dumler
ok finally here we go ... VCI updated with fat filter knobs... and fat FX knobs too while we're at it....
Teodora Hancharik
Not much of a mod but I decided to post it anyway. I was having problems seeing the pads in dark clubs etc. Used some pin striping to highlight the pads

Maryanne Weatherill
Originally Posted by earl panda
hey ean and all the other guys!
i
Chiquita Peltzer
The space in the jogplates is als f
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by Dj crashzkitt
Hey Guys

Here is mine again, found out now how to show the pictures . ;D

Hope you like it

3D carbon Optic also can feel it by touching, and selfmade skinplates und spiderjogplates.

And my dj name is cutted in , in the left upper corner.

Thank you Ean Golden for the Inspiration and mappings and your great Ideas!!

THAT...looks sick my friend!

Hyman Gillinger
from an image on an earlier post sorry!!

But your controller is amazing, all the mods look great! Jog wheels are ace.
Chiquita Peltzer
What so you mean with panda stencil? Sorry my english is Not so good
Hyman Gillinger
Great solution! Panda stencil is a nice signature for that controller.
Stephan Denigris
gorgeous.
Chiquita Peltzer
Hey Guys

Here is mine again, found out now how to show the pictures . ;D

Hope you like it

3D carbon Optic also can feel it by touching, and selfmade skinplates und spiderjogplates.

And my dj name is cutted in , in the left upper corner.

Thank you Ean Golden for the Inspiration and mappings and your great Ideas!!

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy