VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2Reply
VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2
Posted on: 16.04.2009 by
Please post any bugs or suggestions you may have here. Include the version of Traktor your using and the firmware of your VCI-100.

Thanks, you guys rock!
Jean Marc Lopez
Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti
JAC - just to clarify, you are saying it works when executing a duplication from the navigation cross? Or are you talking about "copy to deck c/d"? Also, when you duplicate, the new track is playing and exactly at the same play postition of the source deck?

Also FYI for everyone - Native_girl at NI says they are aware of the funky programming of these prefs/commands, and are working on a better way to handle it.
What I'm saying is that if i have a track playing in Deck A and Deck B is empty or paused and I press Shift + Deck Copy, Deck A will be exactly copied to Deck B. Same speed, position, cues, everything! And playing as soon as i hit copy!
Kerri Tendler
Originally Posted by JAC
I'm PC, TPro version 1.1.1.
My settings are as follows:

• Load only into stopped deck - On
  • Stop playback at end of track - On
  • Load next at end of track - Off
  • Initially cue to load marker - On
  • Fade in & Fade out markers - Off
  • Reset deck controls when loading track - On
  • Reset mixer controls - Off

I honestly don't see what else it could be tho, I've just had a look at all the settings, all I did was import Ean's tsi then turn on 'Load only into stopped deck'...............

Sure, I'll break it into steps for you:

1. Go to preferences in Traktor, Midi Mapping tab
  2. Go to Add - Tempo - Phase Sync
  3. Switch 'Assignment' to Deck A/B/C/D
  4. Click 'Learn' and then press the button you want to use on your controller. In this case I used the 4 Fx buttons on the right hand side of the Vci-100.
  5. Repeat 1-3 for all four decks, using a different button for each. Just press 'Duplicate' on your original command in the Midi Mapping screen, then change the assignment.

And that's it, no need for modifiers or anything. Hope you get it to work.
Hi, thanks for doing this btw, but how do i switch assignment? and do i press one button at a time on learn. Whats the relevance for using different buttons.

Scratch everything i said here, got it done! Will these buttons be needed to be pressed when coming out of a loop, is that it?
Reece Murray
Originally Posted by JAC
Hey guys,

Just to say, deck copy works perfectly for me with 'Load only into stopped deck' turned on! I know this may just muddy the waters a bit but there must be some other reason it won't work for you........
JAC - just to clarify, you are saying it works when executing a duplication from the navigation cross? Or are you talking about "copy to deck c/d"? Also, when you duplicate, the new track is playing and exactly at the same play postition of the source deck?

Also FYI for everyone - Native_girl at NI says they are aware of the funky programming of these prefs/commands, and are working on a better way to handle it.
MadMan Ajms
Originally Posted by JAC

This bug is focused on Traktor 1.1.2
MadMan Ajms
Originally Posted by iancairns01iancairns01
i know you guys say this is easy but i tried there and really don't know how its done, any chance you could give us a heads up on how this is done? I'm not lazy just not very smart thanks!
I'm not even sure if mine is correct. I do not notice much a difference with or without..
Jean Marc Lopez
Originally Posted by claudek
what are your specs? Mac / PC /version?

• Load only into stopped deck - On
  • Stop playback at end of track - On
  • Load next at end of track - Off
  • Initially cue to load marker - On
  • Fade in & Fade out markers - Off
  • Reset deck controls when loading track - On
  • Reset mixer controls - Off

I honestly don't see what else it could be tho, I've just had a look at all the settings, all I did was import Ean's tsi then turn on 'Load only into stopped deck'...............

i know you guys say this is easy but i tried there and really don't know how its done, any chance you could give us a heads up on how this is done? I'm not lazy just not very smart thanks!
Sure, I'll break it into steps for you:

1. Go to preferences in Traktor, Midi Mapping tab
  2. Go to Add - Tempo - Phase Sync
  3. Switch 'Assignment' to Deck A/B/C/D
  4. Click 'Learn' and then press the button you want to use on your controller. In this case I used the 4 Fx buttons on the right hand side of the Vci-100.
  5. Repeat 1-3 for all four decks, using a different button for each. Just press 'Duplicate' on your original command in the Midi Mapping screen, then change the assignment.

And that's it, no need for modifiers or anything. Hope you get it to work.
Kerri Tendler
cool..I added just this to the advanced loop buttons..Is this all (see snap)
MadMan Ajms
Originally Posted by JAC
Hey guys,

Just to say, deck copy works perfectly for me with 'Load only into stopped deck' turned on! I know this may just muddy the waters a bit but there must be some other reason it won't work for you........
what are your specs? Mac / PC /version?
Jean Marc Lopez
Hey guys,

Reece Murray
Originally Posted by [email protected]
to clarify again:

i load everything as is from the tsi. tested on 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.
The behavior brianpkelly described is accurate. It's not a bug, this is the way NI designed the TPro software. I also believe it sucks, because I like the "load only to stopped deck" insurance too, but it is what it is.

If we want things to behave differently, we should ask about it in NI's feature requests, or better yet, bring it up in the weekly Traktor on the Record sessions. We just need to be very specific about what we would want to change. (They don't respond well to vague). Personally, I would just like to see the duplicate deck command execute independently of the "load only to stopped deck" pref. We may want to start a new thread about this particular issue too, to keep the 2.2 tsi thread on track.
MadMan Ajms
this deck copy /play thing / bug is weird because I swear it worked once or a few times. I wonder if it is a modifier bug with deck copy or something.
I have all loading prefs checked to off to test..
Doug Bieling
Hmmmm i will try toevening when i get in and see if i get the same behaviour but as much as i dont use deck copy too much i know i have and didnt seem to have any problem apart from i seem to remember reading that there was a feature where it tuned the vulume down on teh deck your copying from and up on the one your copying to .... this didnt work for me but the whole copying and playing did,.
Earnest Spink
@MisterMoleyMole, Zac and others trying to help:

[email protected] (post above) described the issue very well.
Same problem for me as for him.
Aprizal Rustarmadi
to clarify again:

i load everything as is from the tsi. tested on 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.

IF I HAVE "load only into stopped deck" UNCHECKED (in fact, every preference unchecked) AND I TRY DECK COPY:

*into a stopped deck - it will copy at current location but wont start playing.
*into an already playing deck - it works as intended, deck copies and current location and target deck begins auto play from there.

IF I HAVE "load only into stopped deck" CHECKED (and no other deck preferences checked) AND I TRY DECK COPY:

*into a stopped deck - it will copy at current location but wont start playing.
*into an already playing deck - it wont copy at all and the target deck flashes the message: DECK LOCKED - stop deck to load new track.

if your setup is the same and get a different result from above, please reply
Doug Bieling
I dont seem to have any issues with this feature running 1.1.1

I have load into stopped deck on to so this seems to be a bit of a tempremental one. When you load in the tsi do you load in absolutely everything or do you desable any of the ticks ?
Aprizal Rustarmadi
Hey Leon.R,

I feel your pain. have you tried using the feature while the target deck is already playing AND all the load preferences unchecked? It will work if these conditions are met. However, if the target deck (the deck you want to copy to) is not actively playing a track, you will get a successful copy at the right location but the copied track wil not automatically start playing. Personally, Ive given up on this feature because i like the insurance of having "load only into stopped deck" checked in the loading preferences to avoid making the obvious mistake of accidently loading a new track into the audible playing deck and wreckin the shop.
Earnest Spink
Hi Zac,

first of all, thx for trying to help out.

The track copies as intended from thecurrent spot but does not start playing.
Thats it.

You can copie the deck, quickly hit cue and the hit play - bus this is a workaround and chances of having a "delay" between the tracks are high
And if options are set like "load to load point"(or what thats called) if you hit play you will jump to that point or even to the beginning of the track(with the current button mapping for cue, play, cue pause and so on).
Reece Murray
I have every loading pref disabled and nothing works for playing after deck copy in 1.1.2.
What exactly does happen? Does playback stop? No load at all? Plays but at wrong position?
FYI, I have everything unchecked in load prefs except "reset deck controls when loading" I'm using TPro 1.1.2, 2.4 Ghz macbook. Tested on Ean's 2.2 tsi.
Let's try to narrow down the problem if we can.
MadMan Ajms
Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti
It's not so much a bug as a change in function. I liked the way T3.4 did it too, but here's the scoop with TPro. For deck duplicate to play right on copying:
1) Loading only into stopped deck should be off.
2) Stop playback at end of track should be off.
3) If you want the duplicated track to play at the same position as the source track, Initially cue to load marker should be off.
4) The target deck needs to be playing.

*If any buttons have commands attached to them that stop playback, it won't work right.

With these settings, duplicate works great for me, I use it to do juggles on time, and tricks like sampling and effecting the first deck, layering a longer loop, then doing the same on the 2nd deck. 4 unique pattern out of 2 decks!!
I have every loading pref disabled and nothing works for playing after deck copy in 1.1.2.
Reece Murray
Originally Posted by Leon.R
Other posts (e.g. [email protected]) confirm I'm not the only one...
It's not so much a bug as a change in function. I liked the way T3.4 did it too, but here's the scoop with TPro. For deck duplicate to play right on copying:
1) Loading only into stopped deck should be off.
2) Stop playback at end of track should be off.
3) If you want the duplicated track to play at the same position as the source track, Initially cue to load marker should be off.
4) The target deck needs to be playing.

*If any buttons have commands attached to them that stop playback, it won't work right.

With these settings, duplicate works great for me, I use it to do juggles on time, and tricks like sampling and effecting the first deck, layering a longer loop, then doing the same on the 2nd deck. 4 unique pattern out of 2 decks!!
Dora Laffer
Great feature. added it as well.
Earnest Spink
Originally Posted by EanGolden
Just disable the "Initially cue to Load marker" setting in the preferences.
Hi Guys,

even with Eans suggestion to my stated problem " decks not playing after beiing copied" I am still dealing with the issue.

Other posts (e.g. [email protected]) confirm I'm not the only one...

I will mess around with it a bit more before I call it a bug...
MadMan Ajms
best to report this to NI.. serious bug for me
Aprizal Rustarmadi
i was running traktorpro 1.1.1 i'm downloading 1.1.2 now and ill see if deck copy works after installation

macbookpro, vci-100se, fw 1.3

naw, i still cant get deck copy to work right. this is an old old issue with me...since the move from 3.4 to pro i havent been able to get a copied track to start play in the target deck UNLESS i dont have any of the loading preferences checked AND the target deck is already playing sure would like to know what the deal is!!!! i loved this feature in 3.4 and with the new advanced looping added, it sure would be sweet to have again.
Jean Marc Lopez

Yep that's honestly all you have to do, add that command to the same button you use for loops! Easy isn't it?!
Aprizal Rustarmadi
maybe a Traktor 1.1.2 bug?
i was running traktorpro 1.1.1 i'm downloading 1.1.2 now and ill see if deck copy works after installation

macbookpro, vci-100se, fw 1.3
Aprizal Rustarmadi
Also, I believe it would make more sense if the high eq knob controlled the left chained effect (effect 1) and the low eq knob controlled the right chained effect (effect 3). the way it is now, theyre reversed.
MadMan Ajms
maybe a Traktor 1.1.2 bug?
Aprizal Rustarmadi
I have all these load check buttons not checked and still when it copies it does not play too..it just stops.
+1
MadMan Ajms
Originally Posted by Chilly
Because you have a Load Marker set and the option to 'Load to Load Marker' or whatever enabled.

Known Issue.

I have all these load check buttons not checked and still when it copies it does not play too..it just stops.
MadMan Ajms
Originally Posted by JAC
Basically, adding a phase sync button just ensures that when you kick back out of the loop, it automatically gets back in full sync with the master track.
If you take a 1 bar loop and keep halving it, then maybe doubling its size again you will see the phase meter on that deck go out of sync. Yellow bars appear on either side of the central red line, meaning that that track is off beat with the master track.

By adding a phase sync command, you can go into micro loops and let things get off time and slightly messed up and then release the loop and they will all line back up again. Everything goes back in full sync. You can have the exact same bpm on both decks but one may be off beat, which is shown by the phase meter above each deck in Traktor.The tracks will be running at the same BPM but out of time with each other.

Watch this video again and you will see that when Hawtin goes into micro loops, the phase meters on his decks start jumping all over the place. However as soon as he exits the loop, everything lines up on beat again and you can see the yellow 'sync' button light up, showing that the deck is both tempo and phase synced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTDVqrPJJLI

This is exactly what I have added into the mapping above and is really easy to do. Just add a 'phase sync' command to whatever button you use to set and activate a loop. As the two decks are already in sync, pressing the loop active button does nothing to affect this. But in case you go into mirco loops and the phase goes off, exiting the loop will get that track back in time with the master one.

I know I blabbed on a bit but I hope this clears up what I'm trying to do here!
It's much simpler than it sounds in reality!

nevermind..just figured it out.
you can either engage the deck c/d mini knob in the upper right hand corner... or.. if you press the "copy to c" or "copy to d" buttons and you see the decks open up... then, when you browser, and select "LOAD" button left or right direction... you get the track in the right place..

diggin the layout, just did a practice session.
I changed the fx a little for my preferences.. but.. other that, I'm believeing i may be all good now.

Is there way to easily load tracks into Deck C or D without doing Deck Copy function?

I just want to be able to load into Deck C or D from the Track Browser.

If not, i may try to do it by replacing 'Sample' as the modifier for this.

Hey Ean,

first of all - You the man.

SO I GUESS YOUR NAME WILL NOT BE ON THE OVERLAYS THEN?
Thanks Leon- I appreciate that. Well, at this point the mappings are more about the community and Dj TechTools and not me. So for that reason, I took my name off. Would everyone prefer that I put something like:

"by: Ean Golden" on there?

Seems to me that is better to keep it simple and clean.

tiny thing i noticed that needs to be corrected before the final tsi and overlays are released: on the layout jpeg, the gator effect and the mulholland drive effect need to be swapped to match traktor's tsi or vise-versa.
ok- we will fix the TSI. That got mixed around a bit.

Originally Posted by iancairns01iancairns01
i have version 1.3, any chance you could explain to me how to attach phase sync to loop section? would also love to see a video of someone properly usin this tsi file
A video will come out when the overlays are ready (about 2 weeks now) and I can consider adding Phase sync myself but its something that will only work for people that always use sync.

Hi guys,
when using deck copy the decks are copied but don't start playing.
Which means, if I have hit play on the copied deck a previous set cue point will start or it can use the play button in the software to start the track.
Either way I will have a time "lag" between the origin and destination deck.
Just disable the "Initially cue to Load marker" setting in the preferences.

Originally Posted by DJDannyB
VCI 100 FW 1.2 with a Audio4DJ

I experience that this TSI file produces much more and irregular CPU usage than the previous ones. The CPU usage bar in the top fluctuates rapidely and at higher levels? This produces sometimes small freezes
Please import several different TSi files and check them during the same session when you notice this to verify if its actually a TSi thing. Most likely its something else.

Originally Posted by Lovebump
Subject: VCI-100SE TSI Update Final 2_2
Reply-To: "Dj TechTools Software" <service@djranking s.com>

Am I the only one who can't download the latest 2.2 ??

When I click on the link in my email I get....

Error 404 - Not Found
Strange, its working for me and everyone else. Have not heard about any problems. After the next round of bug fixes it will be posted as a perma-download link on the midi map page
Darla Gandarilla
VCI 100 FW 1.2 with a Audio4DJ

I experience that this TSI file produces much more and irregular CPU usage than the previous ones. The CPU usage bar in the top fluctuates rapidely and at higher levels? This produces sometimes small freezes
Jean Marc Lopez
What is this supposed to do? Is this the famous R. Hawtin style loop phase magic trick button?
I'm on 1.3, so not trying this edited TSI, but curious to what you are trying to do here.
Basically, adding a phase sync button just ensures that when you kick back out of the loop, it automatically gets back in full sync with the master track.
If you take a 1 bar loop and keep halving it, then maybe doubling its size again you will see the phase meter on that deck go out of sync. Yellow bars appear on either side of the central red line, meaning that that track is off beat with the master track.

By adding a phase sync command, you can go into micro loops and let things get off time and slightly messed up and then release the loop and they will all line back up again. Everything goes back in full sync. You can have the exact same bpm on both decks but one may be off beat, which is shown by the phase meter above each deck in Traktor.The tracks will be running at the same BPM but out of time with each other.

Watch this video again and you will see that when Hawtin goes into micro loops, the phase meters on his decks start jumping all over the place. However as soon as he exits the loop, everything lines up on beat again and you can see the yellow 'sync' button light up, showing that the deck is both tempo and phase synced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTDVqrPJJLI

This is exactly what I have added into the mapping above and is really easy to do. Just add a 'phase sync' command to whatever button you use to set and activate a loop. As the two decks are already in sync, pressing the loop active button does nothing to affect this. But in case you go into mirco loops and the phase goes off, exiting the loop will get that track back in time with the master one.

I know I blabbed on a bit but I hope this clears up what I'm trying to do here!
It's much simpler than it sounds in reality!
Nick Ross
Hi guys,

Which means, if I have hit play on the copied deck a previous set cue point will start or it can use the play button in the software to start the track.

Any settings I missed to automatically start the track when copied?

Thx in Advance.

Traktor Pro 1.1.2 - Win XP Lite - 2x VCI-100 FW 1.3. - Presonus firebox - HP 6910P -
Because you have a Load Marker set and the option to 'Load to Load Marker' or whatever enabled.

Known Issue.
MadMan Ajms
Originally Posted by JAC
Ok guys I'm already done, I worked faster than ...

• As requested by others, I added a 'Phase Sync' command to all the loop active buttons in the advanced loops section. When you now press that button, the track you kick the loop out on syncs with all others and plays along nicely in time. VERY NICE!
What is this supposed to do? Is this the famous R. Hawtin style loop phase magic trick button?
I'm on 1.3, so not trying this edited TSI, but curious to what you are trying to do here.
Earnest Spink
Hi guys,

Any settings I missed to automatically start the track when copied?

Thx in Advance.

Traktor Pro 1.1.2 - Win XP Lite - 2x VCI-100 FW 1.3. - Presonus firebox - HP 6910P -

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy