VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2Reply
VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2
Posted on: 16.04.2009 by
Please post any bugs or suggestions you may have here. Include the version of Traktor your using and the firmware of your VCI-100.

Thanks, you guys rock!
Doug Bieling
Think you need to upgrade traktor to 1.1 my dear friend )
Krystal Melrose
Hi Ean,

thx for the massive amount of labor and love you put into this project.
I was so fired up to import the latest settings but traktor pro is giving me the finger. Here's what i'm gettin':
Access information has unknown version. Therefore it has been ignored.

Any ideas whats going wrong?
Leota Saniuk
Ah ok I see. Guess that would mean having to update that setting after every update from DJTT. Will need to practice some more and maybe I will learn to deal with this "issue".

The next thing I am wondering if there is really no way to get to cue points 5-8? I would have expected to be able to select those by pressing the "shift" key in juggle mode.
Reece Murray
Originally Posted by lsmith
Whats the best practice to deal with this?
Check the small box in those midi commands that says "soft takeover".
Leota Saniuk
Is there any way to quickly seek through a track? I would assume that the jog wheel would in some mode support a very quick seek through the track. I guess pressing shift and in the middle stores cue points, but maybe shift and on the outside should cause a seek?

Another question, that I first posted on the blog entry for the walkthrough, but I guess it better fits here:
Playing around with the different modes. One “issues” I noticed was that when I switch from one mode to another and start messing with a knob for example, the current position of the knob takes immediate effect.

So lets say I was using the wet dry on the FX section and turned it down. Now I switch into loop mode and when I want to mess that that knob, I end up with an ultra short loop length.

Whats the best practice to deal with this?
MINOL D
Alright people not been on here in a while been moving house.
Any way when i first loaded the tsi the EQ effects were wrong but thats right now, The problem is in fader fx mode, the fader controls the Dry/Wet and does not engage freeze mode,i am using FW 1.3 and it works with the older tsi.
Any body got any ideas

Thanks for all your work Ian love my Vci

Macbook 2.4Ghz 4Gb, Traktor Scratch Pro ,Vci 100 FW 1.3 Vestax PMC 580 Pro Vestax PDX 2000
Laquita Coduto
Originally Posted by claudek
..cool to know but, is the version online (midi map) the same is the one from the mail out on April 17th?

"VCI-100SE 2.2FINAL"
2.2.8 is the newest map, it is different than the 2.2FINAL

Originally Posted by Frank
So until I can get my hands on a new overlay, I've had to improvise
see pic attached
I am considering doing the same until the arcade overlays become available...
Dannie Naranjo
So until I can get my hands on a new overlay, I've had to improvise
see pic attached
MadMan Ajms
..cool to know but, is the version online (midi map) the same is the one from the mail out on April 17th?

"VCI-100SE 2.2FINAL"
Vernon Vanderberg
Im using TSI 2_2.8, w/ fw1.3, and can confirm that my fx assignment buttons and leds work for both decks A/B and C/D
MadMan Ajms
Can anyone confirm if while in decks c /d, the fx assignment do not work..They seem to only work for decks A/B?.or maybe I have an older beta. If so, this can easily be modified.
Kera Fuqua
ok infact all the other modes apart from fader fx change colours of buttons

how can i make it so when fader fx is engaged a light comes up?
Kera Fuqua
Hey guys i have been following djranking s for some while but have only received my vci 100 recently so please bear with me

im using the firmware 1.2- and was using the previous djranking s mapping (version vci-100SE-1-4-20.tsi ) this was a fantastic mapping but this new one looks even better!!!!!

however i prefer the platter settings for performance effects of the previous 1-4-20.tsi- how can i change it back? the settings which i refer to are those when if effects mode....if i spin the platter the effect will remain engaged wheras in the previous tsi -spinning did not keep the effect engaged

would it also be possible for someone to create a button setting wherby the buttons light up in accorddance with what mode you are using- ie performance mode or effects mode....as with this new tsi i have no way of knowing apart from looking if the tiny knob is on or not!!!

i assume that is because there are no controller settings on the tsi? am i being stupid or something i dont know

just hope some people can clarify these things for me
Serina Safa
ok, I hope so. I will report back.
Doug Bieling
i cant say for def as i dont own these but i seem to remember reading that they are designed so that they just peel off with no sticky stuff left behind ?
Serina Safa
Just received my firmware kit and v2.2 overlay. The overlay looks fantastic and is of the same superb quality as v1 overlay.

That brings me to my question, I already have the v1 overlay fitted to my Vestax and want to upgrade. What is the best way to remove the v1 overlay? Has anyone already tried this?

Thx in advance
Chan Ronga
EDIT: Sorry, I'm having a bad brain day. I forgot that the first button while in Advanced Effects mode usually refers to Reset, which isn't all that useful anyway. The button doesn't work to reset the effects.. but I don't see that as a big deal at all.

Sorry if this issue has been bought up before, i searched and searched and couldn't find anything that has mentioned my problem.

Have Traktor Pro 1.1.2, VCI-100 fw1.3, and the v2.2 TSI file loaded.

When I switch effects modes from Chained to Advanced, all the buttons work except the second button on "effect" section on the right of the VCI.

That is to say, I can turn D/W on and off, and I can turn the second two Parameters on and off with their respective buttons, but the FIRST parameter button does not turn on or off.
However pushing the button does turn the buttons light on and off.

The corresponding analog knob above this button controls the first effect parameter just fine.

Also, if I switch back to Chained effects mode, the problem button in question works fine in turning the entire effect on or off.

My apologies if this has been addressed somewhere. Would appreciate any help.

Originally Posted by sm00sh
It seemes on my set up:

VCI-100b +Traktor Pro 1.1.1+TSI 2_2

When in fader effects mode, if the fx bank is changed from "chained" to "advanced" the fader effects mode will disengage.

is this perhaps a limitation in Traktor?
fader FX mode currently only works in Advanced mode but the next version of the mapping will introduce it in chained as well.
Vernon Vanderberg
It seemes on my set up:

VCI-100b +Traktor Pro 1.1.1+TSI 2_2

When in fader effects mode, if the fx bank is changed from "chained" to "advanced" the fader effects mode will disengage.

is this perhaps a limitation in Traktor?
Barbie Wischmeier
my vci ought to arrive this week, so I also would love to see the new demo video, i've been watching all the old ones over and over whilst I wait for my vci, ha. It looks so fun.
Aprizal Rustarmadi
im anxiously awaiting the functionality video walkthrough of this tsi with tips and tricks.....

no, im not just sponging. i have put the time in and played around with it extensively but i always seem to learn something new from the videos...

a sincere thank you to everyone for the collective effort that has made this file so fun!
Dj Tykarma
Here's a bug I found on any of the mappings I tested on the VCI so far. That requires me to tell you a little bit about my current setup though (which is quite off topic).

Context :

I tested a quite special setup with the VCI-100 SE. I actually figured out to connect my Traktor Scratch DVS system with timecode control on internal mixer mode and use the VCI-100 as a replacement of my analog mixer.

The purpose of this setup is to use all the power of midi controllerism and timecode-controlled digital vynil scratching at the same time and without having to carry an analog mixer at gigs. The whole thing with a much simpler connection scheme. By the way this also allows you to record your scratched mix right on Traktor which isn't bad too!

Issue :

There is however a major issue I noticed when using the VCI with any mappings I tested so far on a setup with DVS on either internal or external mixer modes. I don't know yet if this can be fixed on the VCI mapping or if it needs Traktor's development team involved though :

When I touch the VCI's jog for scratching, not only it actually starts spinning the track very quickly instead of scratching but it also disables timecode control until I turn it off and back on from the drop down menu under the the track letter (A, B, C, D).

So this setup works, but it probably needs some improvement in the implementation of either the mapping or Traktor itself so as to avoid conflict with the midi-controller's scratch mode. There should be a kind of automatic temporary disable of the jog wheel when you put your hand on the vynil and of the vynil tracking when you touch the controller's jog wheel.

It would be so cool to be able to combine the VCI with DVS without having to worry about accidentally touching the scratch-sensitive part of the VCIs jog-wheels.

What do you thing Ean ? Can we fix this ? If you find out that this can't be fixed with the midi mapping, it would be worth escalating the issue to NI or Vestax to see if they can help.

I guess anyone wants work on trying to fix this doesn't necessary have a DVS system so I'd be glad to provide help if any testing is needed.

Regards.

Alexandros

that is exactly right-

shift + the center click on the fader will reset it in the software. This means you can use sync to use the fader in relative or go back to using the fader in absolute mode as well.
Thomas Fone
Thanks for the tip.

I also see Tempo reset in the tsi

note C0 ch1 with M7=1 M4=1
Rochell Ulvestad
hold the shift button then move the fader it should reset to the original value.
Thomas Fone
Is there a tempo reset function / button I am missing? I readjusted the rotary sensitivity to 100% for the faders. Their center position is close to returning the track to its original tempo but not quite. I now have to double click on the fader to get it to reset. Is this function already mapped somewhere? Is it map-able?

I would also rather have them set to 60% and have the full range of the faders. Is there a way to do that?

Rotary link
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=1653

Lovin' 2.2

thanks

VCI-100SE_2_2_8.tsi
VCI-100SE with arcade mod
nanoPad
Guillermina Vanderwerken
Originally Posted by Funken
Okay.. Think i figured it out now..

Just noticed that Quantize and Snap was on, and that
Rey Gutierrez
Where is this file located? VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2.

**Never mind** I already had the file tucked away in a far off section of my hard drive.
Van Czar
Would everyone prefer that I put something like:
"by: Ean Golden" on there?
Seems to me that is better to keep it simple and clean.
+1

The DJTT logo is enough to make us to tell everybody where this fantastic developments come from. People will hear and will find your name in every review around the dj world. And it is a generosity act by yourself to allow to all of us that are using, in one way or another, the DJTT work, being, at the same time, part of this adventure.
Must I say thanks again?

In the other hand i'm still testing some features that are being discussed here now.
It's me or the scroll up/down in the browser with the left jog wheel has disappeared?
I'm more a selector than a dj, eternal discussion, so i'm spending more time in beat gridding and iTunes organization than testing functions, by the moment, but everything I found on my way was more amazing than the previous.

Thanx JAC for the phase sync addition.
Earnest Spink
Originally Posted by sm00sh
When i use the sample feature, sometimes the 4 bar sample taken will tune up or down in key. I engage the sample button, with either deck 1 or 2 routed into fx bank 2, and the sample plays perfect for maybe the first two cycles, then it seemes to increase its key. However, the speed of the sample stays the same.

lets say I take a sample of a vocal. well in about 8 bars that vocal sounds like a pre pubescent teeny bopper at a Jonas Brothers autograph signing ( ok im exaggerating).

That being said Im really excited to see where this controller can go.

great job djtt!
Hi Smoosh,

I have also noticed somes jiggies when using sample button.
I haven'T tried to reproduce the jiggies but I believe they happen in combination of synchronising with other tracks... like "drum rolls on the master deck and sample in the "slave" deck...

Maybe disabling the sync when sampling might help.

I can't test till the weekend but I'll check the sample again...
Klara Neiffer
Hi all,

I'am new on this community and i have a question;

First, my name is J
Vernon Vanderberg
When i use the sample feature, sometimes the 4 bar sample taken will tune up or down in key. I engage the sample button, with either deck 1 or 2 routed into fx bank 2, and the sample plays perfect for maybe the first two cycles, then it seemes to increase its key. However, the speed of the sample stays the same.

lets say I take a sample of a vocal. well in about 8 bars that vocal sounds like a pre pubescent teeny bopper at a Jonas Brothers autograph signing ( ok im exaggerating).

That being said Im really excited to see where this controller can go.

great job djtt!
Guillermina Vanderwerken
No...

1) Track is not playing, just loaded into the deck B
2) Turn Juggle mode on, by holding down the button
3) Hit a Hotcue
4) Track jumps to the hotcue
5) I release the Cue button
6) Track continues to play

If i press again in juggle mode, it
Guillermina Vanderwerken
Originally Posted by Chilly
Man I'm more confused!

Yes or no...this is what's going on:

1) Track is playing
2) You turn juggle mode on by holding down the button
3) You hit a hotcue
4) The track jumps to the hotcue
5) The track continues to play
No...

1) Track is not playing, just loaded into the deck B
2) Turn Juggle mode on, by holding down the button
3) Hit a Hotcue
4) Track jumps to the hotcue
5) I release the Cue button
6) Track continues to play

If i press again in juggle mode, it
Nick Ross
Man I'm more confused!

Yes or no...this is what's going on:

1) Track is playing
2) You turn juggle mode on by holding down the button
3) You hit a hotcue
4) The track jumps to the hotcue
5) The track continues to play
Guillermina Vanderwerken
Right, I got you. But in your original post you said 'it keeps playing'. I can only assume you mean that the track was playing, you hit a cue, and it keeps playing...which is working as designed.
Yes, You got it :-)

I allways use Juggle to jump to my cuepoint, instead using the keyboard on my labtop..
Hopefully i can just correct the midi myself, but if it
Nick Ross
It will only keep playing if the Deck is already is playing before going in Juggle Mode.. also called Hotstart.. But if the Deck is stopped, and going into Juggle mode.. The track should only play while button is pressed.. and stopped when released..
Right, I got you. But in your original post you said 'it keeps playing'. I can only assume you mean that the track was playing, you hit a cue, and it keeps playing...which is working as designed.
Guillermina Vanderwerken
Yikes. Without having my setup in front of me, I'd say that Deck A wasn't working properly. If you hit a hotcue when in juggle mode and a track is playing, the track should move to that cue point and continue playing.

So it sounds like Deck B is fine? Unless I'm missing something here.
It will only keep playing if the Deck is already is playing before going in Juggle Mode.. also called Hotstart.. But if the Deck is stopped, and going into Juggle mode.. The track should only play while button is pressed.. and stopped when released..
Nick Ross
Hi..

Just loaded the newest TSI 2.2.8, and my deck B is not working as it should.

When pressing Juggle ON down, and hit the Hotstart1 (Sync), it keeps playing, instead of stopping when the button is released.. Deck A workes fine..

Tried to load the TSI again but just the same..

Anyone with the same issue?
Yikes. Without having my setup in front of me, I'd say that Deck A wasn't working properly. If you hit a hotcue when in juggle mode and a track is playing, the track should move to that cue point and continue playing.

So it sounds like Deck B is fine? Unless I'm missing something here.
Guillermina Vanderwerken
Hi..

Just loaded the newest TSI 2.2.8, and my deck B is not working as it should.

When pressing Juggle ON down, and hit the Hotstart1 (Sync), it keeps playing, instead of stopping when the button is released.. Deck A workes fine..

Tried to load the TSI again but just the same..

Anyone with the same issue?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy