VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2Reply
VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2
Posted on: 16.04.2009 by
Please post any bugs or suggestions you may have here. Include the version of Traktor your using and the firmware of your VCI-100.

Thanks, you guys rock!
Gregoria Dostal
Hey sorry if this is a stupid question or it's already been answered but I didn't know where to ask this....
I saw the midi mapping overlay for 2_2 and I noticed that there weren't any cue points, is there a way to use cuepoints on this mapping somehow?
I want to know this before I actually buy my VCI-100 SE in a few weeks time as cue points are quite important to me.

also just to confirm (sorry if this is going in the wrong thread as well)...lets say I get the VCI-100 SE and I don't like the latest mapping do the previous mappings for it on this website work as well(as in without bugs and all)? And are the overlays of multiple mappings included when i purchase a vci or just the latest one which is currently the 2_2 one?
thanks
Cecile Eyo
Hiya

Wanted to know if there are any updates planned to Ean's TSI, fixing the mullholland drive/gater effects mix up outlined by Ismith. Also any chance of adding the track preview facility and key lock. There are some other great suggestions here. I don't know about anyone else but I use these all the time. What do you reckon Ean, or do you have other changes planned? Thanx to all for the tips and advice.
Leota Saniuk
one more question .. given all these various modes, why didn't Ean set everything to soft takeover? seems like its really dangerous the way things are ... and actually i do not see a reason why it would be beneficial to not use soft takeover for most mappings.
Leota Saniuk
I am seeing an issue in fader mode. Jog wheel adjusts the dry/wet and activates the reverb. Pitch fader adjusts the reverb size. So far so good. However the volume fader also adjusts the dry/wet (figured it should adjust the reverb size as well?) and it does not do a freeze. Now I guess the issue is that it does not put the given filter section into advanced mode.
Kayhan Polat
In other words, I just want to change Ean's TSI 8 loop to 16 loop, rather than hitting active for the 8 loop and shift+loop to set it to 16 all the time.

Which direct assignment would I need to modify to change this?
Leota Saniuk
I have implemented a solution. It works with the dock in focus. However it requires bome's to get all of this working. Check out the blog post I linked above, it even includes a link to a youtube video I did that shows how things work. Do note that the TSI linked in the blog post includes various other changes and improvements, though they all just add functionality (by using shift in a few places), they do not change any behavior.
Wilton Schelter
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
You could do this but what happenes if you want to juggle the other deck??
Usually I only juggle one at a time, but I get your point.

Maybe a way to switch between juggle modes or something, like juggle focus deck, and juggle deck A/B etc.
Doug Bieling
You could do this but what happenes if you want to juggle the other deck??
Wilton Schelter
Hey long time community lurker, first time poster. Love the TSI, just ordered the SE overlay to go with it.

Only issue I've noticed so far has been with juggle mode. I don't know if i'm missing something but I can only juggle 4 cue points. I usually have more than this on my tracks and was believeing that the sync/drop/pause/play under deck B's jog wheel could be used for the next 4 cue points?

Sorry if i'm just being stupid and you can actually do this

EDIT

Oh and i'm using firmware 1.2
Leota Saniuk
in general if you want to change/fix something in the TSI, the easiest approach is to define a new mapping (doesnt matter which one, but i suggest something obscure that you do not have in our customizations or ean's original TSI), and learn the midi button you want to change, then sort by the assignments column. this way you can easily find the assignments in ean's TSI. remove the assignment you added, select the assignment you want to change and off you go.

should make fixing the drive/gater mix up a breeze and should also make changing the default loop length easy (in this case its a direct assignment with a specific value .. change it from 8 to 16).
Kayhan Polat
how would i change the default loop from 8 to 16 on both decks of the TSI when the loop 8/active button is pressed on the vci?

thanks!
Lilliana Perris
Hi,

Question:

With the new Overlay and the 2.2 TSI and the 1.3 FW, are the 4 controll buttons under the jog wheel still used for the 4 cue points?
If i understand correctly, this should be activated in Juggle Mode?

Sarasin
Pansy Ivens
Gate and drive effects on FX2 are misplaced. Everything else is great. DJTT is nuts
Laquita Coduto
Originally Posted by minimal
Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I understand. Can you illustrate?

Say I'm in tsi 2.2 Juggle mode & I want to Shift+cue1 to trigger cue5, how would I go about doing this? A few screenshots would help...

Cheers,

M
X2

That would be badass to be able to cue 5-8 like that!!!!
Suzanna Paddock
Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti
Hey guys - You can program the addition of the cues 5-8 without a third modifier state. I have many similar functions in my own tsi, but really the key to it is the values of the modifiers. It can be a tricky and time-consuming process though, and it helps if you're really familiar with the tsi you're working on. Here's the basic idea behind the way I do it:

Command Duplication.
Say you've got your two modifiers acting on a function, and that function is getting in the way of the thing you want to do. Program a button or key to change the values of the modifiers in question to values that are not being used by other commands. Then program the new commands using those modfiers and values. Then you duplicate the commands for the functions you still want to be active while in that state, making sure that they are using the new modifiers/values, while also making sure that you are not executing those commands that are being replaced by your new functions. This way in practice, nothing changes in terms of your controller's functionality except for the addition of the new function.
Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I understand. Can you illustrate?

Say I'm in tsi 2.2 Juggle mode & I want to Shift+cue1 to trigger cue5, how would I go about doing this? A few screenshots would help...

Cheers,

M
Leota Saniuk
another issue i have found is that when i press the juggle on button, while the juggle knob is turned, it actually permanently turns off juggle mode, even though the knob is still set to on. i was expecting that if i press the juggle on button while the knob is turned to on, that it would temporarily throw me back to normal non juggle mode.
Leota Saniuk
i am really confused about the assignments in the effect mode. at first it come out with the effects being totally bogus compared to the overlay labeling, though i do not remember ever having messed with the midi settings:
http://screencast.com/t/dKFvox5r48y

then i reimported the midi and effect settings from the official tsi and now things are mostly fixed as only the gater and the mullholland drive are mixed:
http://screencast.com/t/f2c4068g

anyone got a hint for me whats going on?

update: i guess its a bug and i fixed that along with several additions.
Doug Bieling
Not really ... Its totally useable with firmware 1.2 just a few bugs .... 4th effects button and one of the cues seems to be linked and there is an issue with the deck c controls ... No major biggies though I used it for ages before upgrading
Check out the mapping page as it tells you exactly what the issues are.
Get on it get it downloaded , 99 percent of it all works fine.

Hope that answer helps you out a little
Nick Ross
uh, yup.
Adina Riccio
Originally Posted by Chilly
http://djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=1457

It's a sticky in the Firmware subcommunity
thank you.

so i need 1.3 to utilize 2.2 fully?
Nick Ross
http://djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=1457

It's a sticky in the Firmware subcommunity
Adina Riccio
I've watched the videos and this is a great map from what I've seen. I'd purchase the layout, I'm just a little iffy about one thing.

Must I do the firmware upgrade? The extra $20 or whatever it is plus the hassle? Or will this map work with my recently purchased VCI out of the box?

I believe the map and layout are amazing and well worth the money, just don't want to do the firmware upgrade as I believe it is a little unnecessary...

Unless someone can tell me exactly what the upgrade does? Since I've yet to come across a good explanation..
Leota Saniuk
For those interested in hotcue 5-8 access on a 4 deck config check out:
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=5463

This tsi might hold the solution to how to get things done in the DJTT tsi.
MadMan Ajms
It jumps not through my crates, but through my shortcuts only. I also looked at the mapping modifier (7) and it is set to jumping through favorites..maybe I need to adjust it. I am wondering why it does not just jump through crates for me.
Nick Ross
It jumps through your crates. I you don't have crates created, it won't do anything.
MadMan Ajms
Originally Posted by Chilly
You hold shift+up and down on the list buttons.
Yes, I'm doing that but it is buggy for me. It only jumps through the shortcuts/favorites..not really all one's folders..
Reece Murray
Originally Posted by lsmith
ah yeah bummer. so i guess it can only work with bome magic? never tried that app, but i guess i will give it a go (i can really use more hotcue buttons for my very first mixing project)
Hey guys - You can program the addition of the cues 5-8 without a third modifier. I have many similar functions in my own tsi, but really the key to it is the values of the modifiers. It can be a tricky and time-consuming process though, and it helps if you're really familiar with the tsi you're working on. Here's the basic idea behind the way I do it:

Command Duplication.
Say you've got your two modifiers acting on a function, and that function is getting in the way of the thing you want to do. Program a button or key to change the values of the modifiers in question to values that are not being used by other commands. Then program the new commands using those modfiers and values. Then you duplicate the commands for the functions you still want to be active while in that state, making sure that they are using the new modifiers/values, while also making sure that you are not executing those commands that are being replaced by your new functions. This way in practice, nothing changes in terms of your controller's functionality except for the addition of the new function. I believe of it in terms of layers that keep everything the same except for addition or subtraction of different special functionality. In my own tsi, I use all the modifiers, and up to 8 values per modifier, but in combination, I still have a few "windows" where more functionality can be built on.
Nick Ross
You hold shift+up and down on the list buttons.
MadMan Ajms
yes, I was holding shift..did not work for me.
Nick Ross
Originally Posted by claudek
what is SHIFT KEY IIRC?
Interactive Illinois Report Card.

Orrr

If I Recall Correctly.
MadMan Ajms
you need to hold the shift key IIRC. just packed up everything so i cannot try. but i remember i was confused about this in the beginning too.
what is SHIFT KEY IIRC?
Leota Saniuk
you need to hold the shift key IIRC. just packed up everything so i cannot try. but i remember i was confused about this in the beginning too.
MadMan Ajms
I am trying this 2.2 Tsi final..and trying to use the shift key to switch to crates, but all shift does is closes the browse window from full screen. Anyone know what is going wrong? I watched Ean's video, but mine does not do it??
Leota Saniuk
ah yeah bummer. so i guess it can only work with bome magic? never tried that app, but i guess i will give it a go (i can really use more hotcue buttons for my very first mixing project)
Suzanna Paddock
I'm not in front of the TSI but I bet the second modifier is to define the deck (m4 and m8 if I'm not mistaken)...
Leota Saniuk
Right, I finally realized that too. I tried to find out with a bit of midi monitor help, what the second modifier is and I havent quite understood it. I realize the first modifier is the juggle mode .. oh .. maybe thats the two modifiers right there, one being the permanent juggle mode and the other being the temporary one. Need to check that again.
Suzanna Paddock
Hey Ean,

I am trying to add support for 8 cue points using shift to switch between 1-4 and 5-8. One thing is clear, its fairly hard to figure out whats going on in the mapping without comments. Seems like you only put in comments in a few places
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe this is possible without a third modifier (currently Traktor only supports 2).

But if you do manage I would love to see the results!

BTW comments are underated but they are the best way to learn from someone else's code & evolve. So yeah, big up for comments in the next tsis..
Leota Saniuk
Hey Ean,

I am trying to add support for 8 cue points using shift to switch between 1-4 and 5-8. One thing is clear, its fairly hard to figure out whats going on in the mapping without comments. Seems like you only put in comments in a few places
Krystal Melrose
Originally Posted by data:bass
ha ha mister. traktor pro came after traktor dj studio 3.0!
that makes it what - version 4 at least i'd believe...
oops, ok you got me. i didn't realize that traktor pro restarted at version 1.
downloading 1.1.1 now - hope that will do the trick.

thx dood
Krystal Melrose
Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole
Think you need to upgrade traktor to 1.1 my dear friend )
ha ha mister. traktor pro came after traktor dj studio 3.0!
that makes it what - version 4 at least i'd believe...

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy