VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2Reply
VCI-100SE TSI Version 2_2
Posted on: 16.04.2009 by
Please post any bugs or suggestions you may have here. Include the version of Traktor your using and the firmware of your VCI-100.

Thanks, you guys rock!
Joannie Brague
Originally Posted by Golden Ears
My EQ FX button stays lit as Blue once it is hit...sometimes it toggles between EQ effects and tone controls ..but w/o unlighting (very confusing) often it gets stuck on EQ controls... and only a reboot fixes it and again... you never know when it will fail. Strange since Deck B does not do this.

Also the "Juggle On" Button stays lit forever once hit.
I have that issue as well. Confuses me and throws my mix way off. I'm running a mac so I don't know what the issue is. It seems like it loses a bit of power because I have connect and reconnect the vci for everything to work.
Tawnya Shepp
Originally Posted by lsmith
change the filter mappings for the knob to "relative" ..
...after I do that, then I how do I get it to set at the "0" point on Screen & My Filter Knob (instead of it jumping to +/-50)
Zetta Radlinger
cauito I emailed you yesterday
fernanda reyes
[email protected]

I got the 2.2 tsi and layouts.
Zetta Radlinger
can someone please send me a 2.2 mapping tsi file, its completely gone from the site and web...really want my controller to function as the layover shows. Pleeeeease
Joannie Brague
Originally Posted by Golden Ears
My EQ FX button stays lit as Blue once it is hit...sometimes it toggles between EQ effects and tone controls ..but w/o unlighting (very confusing) often it gets stuck on EQ controls... and only a reboot fixes it and again... you never know when it will fail. Strange since Deck B does not do this.

I have that issue as well. Confuses me and throws my mix way off. I'm running a mac so I don't know what the issue is. It seems like it loses a bit of power because I have connect and reconnect the vci for everything to work.
Mariah Itter
I get same error with juggle on and the left eq fx button stays lit as well, strange.
Deejay Rossi

Tawnya Shepp
Thank you!!
I figured it out, with your HELP :-)

Un Beso,
~Dj Lady Lane~
Tawnya Shepp
Originally Posted by lsmith
...after I do that, then I how do I get it to set at the "0" point on Screen & My Filter Knob (instead of it jumping to +/-50)
Leota Saniuk
Tawnya Shepp
Hey! Everything is COOL on this New Mapping except my FILTER Knobs...they are outta wack.
I'm using Traktor Pro 1.2.1 with The New Upgrade from Traktor....how do I fix this??

Un beso,
~Dj Lady Lane~
Cecile Eyo
That is right, I had that problem when upgrading to Tpro despite updating several times and at 2am on the third attempt it accepted the latest version ... wait for it. It then again displayed this message again the next day, eventually however it worked. A long winded way of saying you are right.

Despite the length of time Tpro is out, it is still not stable product, NI really should be addressing the basic problems with it. All the issue that are reported here including a messages such as 'WARNING: Accessor information has unknown version. Therefore it has been ignored.] What the hell does that mean, nothing. I would like to hear a debate on this and why NI can't get it right. They dont even listen to customers on their own community . They have been taking piss out of people who buy there products for a long time now. What other software manufacturers do there errr quite a few believeing about it. Next stop for me Ableton. Rant over and good luck loading the latest version.
Liberty Rummage
][QUOTE=chopper2208;57001]Having major problems getting the tsi file to import correctly

When importing the file the ticked boxes are:

MIDI Mapping
GUI Layout
Effect Settings
All Other Parameters and Settings

I immediately get the following error message flashing at the bottom of the screen

WARNING: Accessor information has unknown version. Therefore it has been ignored.

What does this mean??

I've tried importing the file with the 'MIDI Mapping' tickbox unchecked and the file import fine, although this is useless?

Someone Help
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
I have the same issue but I figured it out.
We need to upgrade to the newest version of traktor
that will solve it.
Laraine Arceo
Hey Ean,
any chance of battling this problem
http://www.native-instruments.net/fo...ad.php?t=91343
with your mapping?
Bernadine Somes
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like freeze is broken when Fader Fx mode is engaged. I'm using Traktor 1.1 with 1.3 firmware. Can anyone confirm freeze function still works in the latest TSI version found on the Midimap page?
Klara Neiffer
You can also change settings of the LED in the midi section of traktor ;

1) Select your buton
2)Choose "output" in Interaction Mode
3)Choose "LED" in Type of Controller
4)Finaly go to LED options and then select Invert or not

Hope that helps
Chan Ronga
Originally Posted by bstone
Ok so I got the TSI to load and match the SE overlay. However, the effects on/off button is reversed? When the effect is off, the light is on and vice versa. Any way to fix that? I am using firmware 1.3
In my experience, those lights on my VCI always start as switched off. But in Traktor I always have effects bank 1 linked to Track A, and effects bank 2 linked to track B (ie always on).
To get the lights to register, I simply press the corresponding buttons on my VCI twice.
The first time, the track effect is switched off (and the light on the VCI does nothing) the second time, the track effect is switched back on, and the light finally flicks on.
Once you've sorta jogged them out of sleep, they work for the rest of your session (until you unplug/turn off the VCI)
Torrie Seppelt
Hey folks, guess who is having issues....

This guy.

I have a 13inch macbook, traktor pro 1.1.2 (just purchased), and VCI-100SE(pretty stoked)

My computer recognizes that i have the midi device(in utility application)
My VCI power light is on when plugged in, and when i touch anything, the data light comes on (like its supposed to)
In my traktor prefrences the midi setup is all good and I have the 2_2 tsi file imported.

When i go to do anything, nothing happens.

I really needs some help. I have all this gear sitting here and i wouldn't mind getting it working.

Thanks in advance
Darcie Bostron
First a bit of praise, then the issue... I have got it to work just as the new overlay shows. I like this so much better than the original vci layout. I am not a beat juggler, just a tech/house dj but it just makes such a good use of the effects and looping features. I am from the oldschool (vinyl) days and the way I see it, it you are using this gear and just simple "mixing" tracks together, you are doing this software an injustice. You don't have to beat match anymore... You now have time to be creative with the music. This new overlay makes that super easy to do.

Ok, so has anyone else noticed (I did a search and got results) that when you are in 4deck int. mode and you go into track selection view, then click the button to "Load" the track into deck D, it switched the layout into 4deck ext. mixer mode? Cause that is what it is doing to me. True it is easy to correct by simply turning the knob at the top. However, I would love to know how to correct it so I don't have to.

Thanks
Vernon Vanderberg
the LED mismatch is, I believe, a FW problem. Hopefully this will be corrected in future FW updates. If there are in fact future updates.
Gregoria Dostal
Oh...well then...in that case i guess i'll get it can't wait till it gets back in stock..
sorry if i went a bit off topic on the thread btw
Darcie Bostron
Ok so I got the TSI to load and match the SE overlay. However, the effects on/off button is reversed? When the effect is off, the light is on and vice versa. Any way to fix that? I am using firmware 1.3
Darcie Bostron
I don't believe I had any problems with the vci "out of the box."

My only is issue that when I upgraded the firm ware from 1.2 to 1.3 and, put on the overlay, (keep in mind the unit is still working) the suggested midi map for the new SE overlay doesn't seem to load into traktor pro correctly.

I am sure there is an easy way to fix that problem. And it is most likely with traktor, not the vci. I personally have about 5 different controllers and setups. I would have to say that, performance wise, the vci is the most fun to work with. I know MANY djs who use it and absolutely love it.

In my opinion, it is worth the money. Now you can get them a little cheaper as well, I believe?
Gregoria Dostal
so I'm seeing that there are a loooot of problems with the VCI-100 as soon as you pull it out of the box and I'm second guessing on whether I should still get it :S are most of these problems being fixed? or will we just have to live with it all? anyone know if i should still invest my $550 in this
Darcie Bostron
1. I updated my vci to firmware 1.3 (the setup said it was successful and I followed all of the steps exactly as the youtube showed.

2. I installed the new kicka$$ overlay.

3. I downloaded the tsi file for traktor pro. I am currently using version 1.1.2 on a 24 inch iMac.

Here is where the problem starts...

Half of the functions in the overlay do not match the overlay. The snap button will not turn off. The quantize and sample buttons don't work. Shift only works for a few functions. The effects section is all screwed up. And yes, when I imported the tsi file I checked both midi and effects boxes.

It is almost as if the tsi updated some things but left others the way the standard vci map worked?

Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.
Leota Saniuk
Originally Posted by Christian
Same problem here...

Firmware 1.3 - Tsi 2_2_8
i cannot reproduce this issue. could you describe the steps in more detail?
i tried having no banks selected, all banks selected, only one bank selected. i tried with deck c or deck d or both enabled. never did hitting the eq fx buttons have any effect on the selection of the fx banks.
Lynda Drywater
Originally Posted by soerensus
After some minutes playtime, the only thing I found was the "EQ/FX" buttons also toggle the bank select. So when u press the button it turn the bank 1/2 off for deck A/B. I dont know if this is on purpose. but you may still want to play with FX with the regulare FX section when going to "EQ mode".

Love the new loop mode though, great work ean.
Same problem here...

Firmware 1.3 - Tsi 2_2_8
Sharee Heeder
Having major problems getting the tsi file to import correctly

When importing the file the ticked boxes are:

MIDI Mapping
GUI Layout
Effect Settings
All Other Parameters and Settings

I immediately get the following error message flashing at the bottom of the screen

WARNING: Accessor information has unknown version. Therefore it has been ignored.

What does this mean??

I've tried importing the file with the 'MIDI Mapping' tickbox unchecked and the file import fine, although this is useless?

Someone Help

Leota Saniuk
You can at least increase the cache size, to ensure that once the track is loaded, it remains in the cache in full. According to the Traktor Bible 128MB cache size will keep 4.5 minutes in the cache. The 256MB option will be reintroduced in a future version.
Taren Maras
That makes sense because I only started to notice the phenomenon after switching from a much faster iMac that would turn the track yellow almost instantly.

I've waited until the track has been fully loaded, and it seems to work OK so far. I wonder if there is a way to increase the speed at which the track loads...

Thanks for the response, and let me know if you uncover something.
Reece Murray
It's not a problem with the tsi file, but I've noticed this behavior too. When it happens for me its just once though- second press brings it to the cue. It seems pretty random, but I believe it may have something to do with the way Traktor is caching the track. Notice the yellow bars that move along the waveform. If you start the track say at cue 2, the track starts caching from that point on. A jump to cue 1 can then either sound a touch crackly (observed), or maybe display the behavior we're talking about (have to test). I've found that as long as the track's been cached fully from start to end, it seems to work ok, but I'll look into it.
Taren Maras
When I hold down the Juggle On button I sometimes (randomly) have to hit the cue buttons at the bottom two or three times before Traktor jumps to the cue.

I tried re-installing Traktor/.tsi, restarting, etc., all with no luck. The data send button lights up for both the Juggle On button and the Cue 1 button (Sync), so it's unlikely to be a VCI-100 data send integrity issue but you never know.

I'm running Traktor Pro 1.1.2 on an MBP with VCI-100 firmware 1.1

Please help--this is really frustrating.
Reece Murray
Originally Posted by DJ_Speedy-D
Dear mr Golden,

I believe its a good thing you guys are doing, especialy bcuzz the limmited functions you can adres wif a DJ controller...
Dude, are you for real? This has got to be the funniest post I've seen in a while! If you are for real, my humble suggestion is to learn some more about controllers, esp. the skills it takes to program them. (are you for real?) Also, maybe learning about what each is capable of in the right hands, including what programs they can each be used with, will give you knowledge that will be helpful on this community .
Veronika Celio
Dear mr Golden,

I believe its a good thing you guys are doing, especialy bcuzz the limmited functions you can adres wif a DJ controller... However,...... i've allready found a (better) different way to adress the problems that one might have when trying to controle everything right os the controller.

Infact i've got two sollutions....:eek:

1. Dump that plastic like a toy lookin' thing and go to ur local Xone dealer and ask for a Xone:92 and two (2) Xone:2D 's !
as you wil see..... thats all you will ever need

2. for this one ill let you guys just wait because i know how that first one sounds (face it we are DJ's and not millionairs) But the other one is so cheap and also has a few flaws in the system but..... (its the price of only 2 Numark Total Controles.

And the best is that you can also use it with Reason and Ableton.

DJ Speedy-D signin' off, ill keep yall posted
Gregoria Dostal
thanks ismith!
now I'm surely gonna get this sweet piece of dj machinery
Xavier Emanuels
Originally Posted by Cheek Bone
Would still like to know if there are any updates planned to fix the bugs and all. ??????
Development of this mapping is a near constant process, including getting rid of bugs, developing different features and such That said, thats not to say at all that the 2_2 overlay is about to become obsolete either !
Cecile Eyo
Would still like to know if there are any updates planned to fix the bugs and all. ??????
Lilliana Perris
Being a noob at this myself.....this helped a stack!

HAHAHAH....i thought it was firmware problem that the juggle button does not stay lit.

Now....i have discovered the juggle knob!

CHEEEEERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Leota Saniuk
Originally Posted by kevzzz
Hey sorry if this is a stupid question or it's already been answered but I didn't know where to ask this....
I saw the midi mapping overlay for 2_2 and I noticed that there weren't any cue points, is there a way to use cuepoints on this mapping somehow?
I want to know this before I actually buy my VCI-100 SE in a few weeks time as cue points are quite important to me.
you need to enable juggle mode, either by holding the juggle button (top right corner) or by turning the juggle knob (also top right corner) to enabled. then the 4 buttons are assigned to hotcue 1-4 on the left (deck A or C) and right (deck B or D) side.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy