The VCI-100SE 3.6.4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: The VCI-100SE 3.6.4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2Reply
The VCI-100SE 3.6.4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2
Posted on: 07.04.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
Attached at the bottom of this post are slightly updated versions of our VCI-100SE 3.6.4 mapping for Traktor Pro 2 (for VCI-100 FW 1.3 & FW 1.4).

The main functionality of the mappings has not changed, I simply made sure that the layout and effect settings import the same as they did on the old Traktor Pro (so you can still use the VCI-100 as if nothing changed). I also added in the 4 new effects to the effect settings so you can access them in the "Control FX" section (via Shift+FX knobs).

There are no longer PC or MAC versions because the infamous "glitch" issue is no longer a problem in Traktor 2 (based on my testing), so PC people can once again get LED feedback with the Route FX buttons. Also, I previously reported that there were some LED issues in TPro2 using the 3.6.4 mapping but that was with a beta version of TPro2 so rest assured that the LED feedback should be fine.

Just to clarify, DJ Techtools is planning on making a new mapping and overlay for the VCI-100 with Traktor Pro 2 with new functionality but this is not it. There is another thread I made for suggestions or requests for features to be included in that upcoming mapping here: http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...d.php?p=262979

Please only use this thread for comments or issues regarding this v3.6.4 (TPro2) mapping. Thanks!
Renae Stolk
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Do you mean the crossfader and the line faders? If so, you're in external mixing mode. select internal in output routing prefs.
here is what i'm talking about. i also had traktor pro 1.2.4 installed before and the knobs on the fader are no longer showing up in the version neither.

Also the .tsi files that are in the "VCI-100SE v3.6.4 (TPro2).zip" file do they work for both PC and MAC users? Because I know the old "VCI-100SE v3.6.4" mapping pack had one for each OS and firmware of the vci-100se.

Tatum Ansaldo
Do you mean the crossfader and the line faders? If so, you're in external mixing mode. select internal in output routing prefs.
Renae Stolk
for some reason i'm having issues with the fader knobs not showing up after i load my .tsi file. does any one know why. i've imported it several time and even reinstalled traktor pro 2.
Ginette Pil
Originally Posted by BennyJ
ALright u have to find the play pause trigger in the mappings. But ur looking for the play pause out. There might be one already for the other side but if not then u have to add one to the out of the specific button u are pushing. Also just try reloading the mapping a couple times

what do you mean by "there might be one already for the other side:????

still at this..... determined to fix it. :-)
Ginette Pil
i'm still having issues withe LED outputs (play button does not stay blue - it flickers upon pushing along with the Shift button). I have the latest 3.6.4 FW1.4 imported twice restarted etc.

Bizarely , it works with Fw 1.3 TSI but then the jog wheels do not work....

raaaa!! help

****update:

Right, it seems the shift button is also mapped to this as when i presss the shift button it turns the play LED button on and off.

I'm sure this an easy fix.....someone???? :-)
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by m.a.d.
which tsi do you mean?
lol, I just realised that the one I was talking about is the title and subject of this thread.

MUST READ TITLES!
Ressie Bensel
There's also a new tsi for TP2 (an update from 3.6.4, not THE new one yet). Import using the big import button (see my sig) twice.
which tsi do you mean?
Rosemarie Legans
Yep I tried all this.

However I now deleted the mapping, closed Traktor, opened it again and reinstalled the same mapping and all as in the instructions and guess what

It works fine. The jog wheels does still not have any effect while turning them using the glass edge, its the same in scratch and CDJ mode. This is not an issue for me dont know if this is happening only to me though.

Thanks for your help
Tatum Ansaldo
Rosemarie Legans
Yes, I picked the one for 1.4
Imported twice and relaunched.

Have done the procedure two times thats why I get confused about what I might done wrong.
Since it worked as a charm with earlier Traktor I keep scratching my head.
Tatum Ansaldo
There's also a new tsi for TP2 (an update from 3.6.4, not THE new one yet). Import using the big import button (see my sig) twice.
Chuck Intravia
Originally Posted by vestax
I use VCI 100SE bought from DJ Techtools, so I guess the firmware is 1.4
Have you imported the mapping that matches your firmware? there are 2 TSIs.
One for 1.3, one for 1.4. Try both. Import twice. Relaunch Traktor.
Rosemarie Legans
The VCI leds have only 2 states, on and off, apart from the bottom 8 transport ones which have 2 colour options and off. Some are backlit and others are not (I don't really know why, but trust me, I've messed around in there). The ones that are illuminated while not active cannot be turned off, and the ones that are not illuminated do not have a second LED to backlight them.

First of all, do you have an SE bought from the DJTT store, a DIY one (upgraded the firmware yourself), or a standard VCI?

Can you clarify this problem a little more? You can't scratch while the track is playing? Have you turned on scratch mode?

Again, which mode are you in? Scratch or CDJ?

What is your audio setup? type of sound card etc?

The track will automatically sync to whatever the current master BPM is. So if a track is playing on the other deck, you'll see that master is lit up on that deck, and that's what the new track will sync to.
I use VCI 100SE bought from DJ Techtools, so I guess the firmware is 1.4
I also use Audio 4 DJ soundcard.

Everything has been working as it should in Traktor Pro but in Traktor Pro 2 I get these issues which makes me believe I must have done something wrong.

The jog wheel problem is the same no matter if in scratch or CDJ mode.
Thanks.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by astyno
Someone knows how it is possible to take control over led outs ? I'm able only to switch on or off some led but i can't determine what color (like loop button) and leds that are already on (like sync or deck c & d buttons ) I can't switch off.
The VCI leds have only 2 states, on and off, apart from the bottom 8 transport ones which have 2 colour options and off. Some are backlit and others are not (I don't really know why, but trust me, I've messed around in there). The ones that are illuminated while not active cannot be turned off, and the ones that are not illuminated do not have a second LED to backlight them.

My Jogwheels are not able to be used to fast forward or backward while having a song being played, for example while in que. The track stops but nothing more. When the track is stopped with the button it works with the jog.
First of all, do you have an SE bought from the DJTT store, a DIY one (upgraded the firmware yourself), or a standard VCI?

Can you clarify this problem a little more? You can't scratch while the track is playing? Have you turned on scratch mode?

Using the outer section of the jogwheels have no effect at all.
Again, which mode are you in? Scratch or CDJ?

The PGM - MST knob only gives me the que channel, while fully twister clockwise there is no master sound in the headphones.
What is your audio setup? type of sound card etc?

The sync button locks the track ok, but when a new song is loaded in the deck this track gets the same % pitch as the last track was needed to be synced.
The track will automatically sync to whatever the current master BPM is. So if a track is playing on the other deck, you'll see that master is lit up on that deck, and that's what the new track will sync to.
Rosemarie Legans
No one else with any of these issues or any tips on how to fix them :eek:
Concha Onley
Someone knows how it is possible to take control over led outs ? I'm able only to switch on or off some led but i can't determine what color (like loop button) and leds that are already on (like sync or deck c & d buttons ) I can't switch off.
Rosemarie Legans
I seem to have several issues with the mapping using VCI100SE and just as last time I installed a mapping (which worked perfectly) I followed all steps but maybe I have done anything wrong anyways (?)

The bigger issues I have are these.

1, My Jogwheels are not able to be used to fast forward or backward while having a song being played, for example while in que. The track stops but nothing more. When the track is stopped with the button it works with the jog.

2, Using the outer section of the jogwheels have no effect at all.

3, The PGM - MST knob only gives me the que channel, while fully twister clockwise there is no master sound in the headphones.

4, The sync button locks the track ok, but when a new song is loaded in the deck this track gets the same % pitch as the last track was needed to be synced.

Any tips. It feels as if I have done something wrong, just cant see what is should be. Loaded the mapping 2 times, closed and opened Traktor etc. Tried it 2 times as well.

Cheers.
Olene Minyard
Found a little thing in this, not sure if this is how it's meant to be or what.

If I'm using the slice button on Deck A, for some reason, it makes the jog wheel on Deck B not work. So, say I'm slicing a tiny loop, filtering it out and want to scan for track position on Deck B whilst doing that, the jog won't let me scan through the track.
Tatum Ansaldo
That's correct. The controller itself shouldn't really affect latency, but the soundcard and drivers will. Different USB cables make little difference despite what monster would have you believe.
Chuck Intravia
@Pedrotax, loving your sig
Thanks ^^

So the higher I set latency, the less resources I use (no glitches), but on the other hand there is some delay between the controls and the actual effect on the output? is that right?
Cuz I believe I might have set too high for safety...

Does the kind of controller or cable affect latency?
Matha Obray
I have it set to 30ms. thats as low as i can go. im running an audio 4 dj...
Tatum Ansaldo
RAISE your latency. The total figure TP2 gives will be higher than TP1 because of the way it displays it. I forget which way round it is, but in TP1, one of the kinds of latency you see in TP2 was invisible.

EDITED FOR STUPIDITY
Matha Obray
im on 1.3fw and im getting alot of lag and popping....idk what it is. i dont get it when i use tp1 tho
Tatum Ansaldo
@Pedrotax, loving your sig
Chuck Intravia
Originally Posted by Metrojolt
Everything works great, but I'm getting no response from the crossfader and volume faders.

EDIT: issues was in my output routing, NOT MAPPING
Yep, had the same problem, seems to be a default setting. Besides that, everything works well!

Good job
Jami Nejad
Everything works great, but I'm getting no response from the crossfader and volume faders.

EDIT: issues was in my output routing, NOT MAPPING
Jeneva Martzke
yeah that worked perfectly! thanks!!!
I changed even the commands commented with Slice and Echo to Direct - is that correct?

greetz
Kathie Hajek
Go to the Controller Tab in Traktor, select the Tempo Fader command and on Interaction Mode change to "Direct." Repeat this for all your decks. I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago.
Jeneva Martzke
Hi Guys!

I have a problem with the 3.6.4 mapping and Traktor Pro 2.
When I simultanously adjust the Pitch and turn the jogwheel either in scratch or CDJ-Mode the BPM makes huges Jumps in the direction I push.

Example
Track BPM is 126
I pull the Pitch downwards and push the jogwheel clockwise
BAM-> New BPM now is 170

With Traktor Pro 1 and 3.6.4 mapping everything works fine. what could this be?
Kathie Hajek
Is there a way to highlight decks C and D with the new VCI-100SE 3.6.4 traktor pro 2 .tsi mapping? I was able to see the highlighted deck on firmware 1.2.

I use four decks and sometimes I can't tell if the signal to switch between decks is working. I have to learn the hard way when I accidentally hit the cue button for Deck A or B. I use Deck C and D to play all of my dj tools. I have battling this issue for the past 2 weeks.

Please help!
Ginette Pil
Originally Posted by BennyJ
ALright u have to find the play pause trigger in the mappings. But ur looking for the play pause out. There might be one already for the other side but if not then u have to add one to the out of the specific button u are pushing. Also just try reloading the mapping a couple times
I have tried to load the mapping a couple of times but no joy.

I can see Play Pause out's - there are there for decks a, b c & d.

any ideas??
Matha Obray
Ginette Pil
Do you know how to do this? Sorry (never really went into the individual mapping settings with traktor)

Thanks
G
Matha Obray
Probably the LED output in traktor is messed up. U can map it in.
Ginette Pil
Hey all.

I have the 3.6.4 TSI on TP2 - all working fine apart from the play button does not light up blue when played.

Any ideas????

Thanks
G.
Jeanine Coccia
The file .Zip is Empty!! not work!!
Tabatha Valeri
E: I was having issues but I appear to have solved them. Can't wait for the new TSI!
Jeanine Coccia
The File .zip is empty!!
Lizabeth Peight
)
Tatum Ansaldo
Nope. When it's ready!

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy