The VCI-100SE 3.6.4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: The VCI-100SE 3.6.4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2Reply
The VCI-100SE 3.6.4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2
Posted on: 07.04.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
Attached at the bottom of this post are slightly updated versions of our VCI-100SE 3.6.4 mapping for Traktor Pro 2 (for VCI-100 FW 1.3 & FW 1.4).

The main functionality of the mappings has not changed, I simply made sure that the layout and effect settings import the same as they did on the old Traktor Pro (so you can still use the VCI-100 as if nothing changed). I also added in the 4 new effects to the effect settings so you can access them in the "Control FX" section (via Shift+FX knobs).

There are no longer PC or MAC versions because the infamous "glitch" issue is no longer a problem in Traktor 2 (based on my testing), so PC people can once again get LED feedback with the Route FX buttons. Also, I previously reported that there were some LED issues in TPro2 using the 3.6.4 mapping but that was with a beta version of TPro2 so rest assured that the LED feedback should be fine.

Just to clarify, DJ Techtools is planning on making a new mapping and overlay for the VCI-100 with Traktor Pro 2 with new functionality but this is not it. There is another thread I made for suggestions or requests for features to be included in that upcoming mapping here: http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...d.php?p=262979

Please only use this thread for comments or issues regarding this v3.6.4 (TPro2) mapping. Thanks!
Armando Waithour
Originally Posted by kidEvol
Is this thread dead? This is not working...when i load the mapping it is doing nothing as expected??

Can someone help
This mapping was for the early version of TP2. I guess you have a later version ... this mapping is discontinued. and I believe DJTT won
Armando Waithour
Is this thread dead? This is not working...when i load the mapping it is doing nothing as expected??

Can someone help
This mapping was for the early version of TP2. I guess you have a later version ... this mapping is discontinued. and I believe DJTT won
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Armando Waithour

Can someone help
Vallie Becknell

Can someone help
Ned Somerset
Originally Posted by goodfuntime
How would i get all the traktor 2 FX to show up in my lists on the FX because its only showing version one FX with this mapping?
Go to preferences > effects. You'll see a list of all traktors effects. Here you can add and remove the effects you want to show up
Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by DJJL
Also I don't understand why it's not ok with this mapping version 3.6.4 and it's ok with mapping 4
did you try your controller with a different machine / fresh setup?
Lacy Lasha
Originally Posted by flashflooder
In order to get your Play LED to light up properly you need to upgrade your firmware to FW 1.4. Using different tsi's will not fix this until you upgrade to FW 1.4.

For some history, the Play button LEDs would not respond to Midi messages until the VCI-100 firmware was reverse engineered and updated with FW 1.4.
Hi flahsflooder,

Thank for your respond but It's strange what you say because I make the upgrade to FW 1.4 at july after buy you the upgrade kit.
All is ok when I make it.
And now I can see that the firmware is 1.4 (since 4 month).
But the LED play don't light up with the mapping 3.6.4
For light up it, I must press "Shift" button on time (after push the "play" button)...
Not very well that press another button to light up it at each time...
And after that, if i press the sync button, I lost again the light "Play" button and I must press "Shift" button to light up it again
Just for information, when I use the continue play with 2 player (with traktor function), I can see the LED light up when the player who is ON, (the left player and after the right player and after the left player....).
Also I believe that the vci100 receive well the midi message to light the LED player, no ?
It's sad that, because I like this mapping version (but not the LED "play" button fix...)

Also I don't understand why it's not ok with this mapping version 3.6.4 and it's ok with mapping 4

thank for all
Ned Somerset
Originally Posted by goodfuntime
How would i get all the traktor 2 FX to show up in my lists on the FX because its only showing version one FX with this mapping?
Go to preferences > effects. You'll see a list of all traktors effects. Here you can add and remove the effects you want to show up
Manual Davignon
Lacy Lasha
Hi, I have same problem of Thomas
(I have install Traktor 2.5)
Anybody can help us ? Is it this thread is dead ?
I have just to find to active "echo button" but not the LED and not the stop play with the jog. It's sad because I like it before.
Is it possible to know what control to change on "Control Manager" ?
I hope that somebody read and answer
Many thanks of you
JL
Yung Ziegelman
Hi, I just installed "Traktor Pro 2" (FW 1.3) and installed the 3.6.4 mapping (for FW 1.3). Everything seems to be working fine, besides:
- the leds of the "transport"-buttons (slice, echo, cue, play) don't light up at all.
- although the play- and cue-buttons are working, the slice- and echo-buttons seem to be useless.
Btw: I installed/closed T2 a couple of times (restart etc.), imported the tsi with the "big import button", tried some other tsi (older versions, versions for fw 1.4 etc), with no sucess ;(
Thanks for your help!!

Thomas
Beth Mcguffee
Hi Guys, I am having problems re-assigning some of the mappings in the DJTT 3.6.4 version tsi on T2, I absolutely love the mapping apart from one thing, being able to turn the effects on and off on decks A and B like I used to be able to on DJTT V 2.4. The buttons I am talking about are the 4 x small round FX Presets buttons currently on the v.3.6.4. I don't use them at all and the setup way is confusing and time consuming as I am a bit dyslexic (I.E. Routing the effects on and off the decks) and I want to turn them into the same values as the v2.4. Can someone please help me with this task as I have come to a halt. The problem I am having is that I can read the settings off the 2.4 but for the assignment dropdown window it is showing: FX UNIT 1 etc and not DECK A like in the v.2.4. someone please help and tell me if this is possible.
Kind Regards

Casiopro
Phebe Stroy
I am having problems with this mapping. The sampler controls are mapped to FX 3 and are controlling the effects. I am using firmware 1.4 and traktor pro 2.1.2. Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea how to fix it?
Laurice Shiotani
Hey my name is Paul and I'm new to DJing, I'm having problems with the que leds and I wondering how do you map it in traktor
Nery Blackburne
few problems running 3.64 on 1.4 firmware on traktor pro 2

- my juggle buttons and fader fx leds seem to get stuck and wont change back when i deactivate it causing much confusion whether im in juggle mode or the default slice, echo,cue and play/pause
- when attempting to activate fx, i still have to manually click and activate the fx (eg. 1 for deck a and 2 for deck b) on the gui before the jogwheel and fader controls respond to the decks as opposed to fx 3 and 4 which auto activate when the buttons are pressed
-when the sampler button is pressed also no led light and the headphone leds dont light up to the beat either

just a note
-havent modded any of the controller settings from the default tsi except tempo faders interaction mode from relative to direct
- and i did load the fx settings twice as in the instructions

anyone else experiencing the same? or know what to do?
Noe Hesprich
My Jog wheels on my vci 100se can not scratch/scroll through the track with any the .tsi files for TP2 (for mac). Also, the pitch faders do not work. It is not a hardware problem because it all works with my traktor pro 1.2.4. If anyone can help that would be awesome.
Christene Bruscino
sup guys. I'm moving to traktor2 right now and I believe I'll need some help
So the first question is how to make t2 look like my old version. These blank areas are disturbing me

so I want this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18298016/pictures/bad.PNG
to look like this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18298016/pictures/good.PNG

thanks
Maryanne Weatherill
Just a quick question, i dont have time at the moment to read the whole thread. But am i right in saying that this mapping will work for my VCI-100 SE on firmware version 1.3 all i do is import the mapping in the zip file ya?

Please an Thanks

Edit: Just read the intro I now see it works on 1.3 firmware
Suellen Ianelli
did you try your controller with a different machine / fresh setup?
Lacy Lasha
Originally Posted by flashflooder
In order to get your Play LED to light up properly you need to upgrade your firmware to FW 1.4. Using different tsi's will not fix this until you upgrade to FW 1.4.

For some history, the Play button LEDs would not respond to Midi messages until the VCI-100 firmware was reverse engineered and updated with FW 1.4.
Hi flahsflooder,

Thank for your respond but It's strange what you say because I make the upgrade to FW 1.4 at july after buy you the upgrade kit.
All is ok when I make it.
And now I can see that the firmware is 1.4 (since 4 month).
But the LED play don't light up with the mapping 3.6.4
For light up it, I must press "Shift" button on time (after push the "play" button)...
Not very well that press another button to light up it at each time...
And after that, if i press the sync button, I lost again the light "Play" button and I must press "Shift" button to light up it again
Just for information, when I use the continue play with 2 player (with traktor function), I can see the LED light up when the player who is ON, (the left player and after the right player and after the left player....).
Also I believe that the vci100 receive well the midi message to light the LED player, no ?
It's sad that, because I like this mapping version (but not the LED "play" button fix...)

thank for all
Jodi Lacerra
Hi,

I like the loop section (with 4 buttons and 4 fader) of this version 3.6.4, but I don't like the problem about LED who don't light when I press on "Play" button.
I test the differents tsi here, and I see that the LED is fix, But there isn't loop section (change by sample section)
I prefer the loop section of tsi 3.6.4
Is it possible to keep this function of this version tsi and fix the LED problem ?
thank

Karyn Kleikamp
Originally Posted by Viirus::..
I get this every time I download the zip file and try to extract it.

Works great for me! Thanks guys at DJTT
Faustina Bierschenk
Hi,

I like the loop section (with 4 buttons and 4 fader) of this version 3.6.4, but I don't like the problem about LED who don't light when I press on "Play" button.
I test the differents tsi here, and I see that the LED is fix, But there isn't loop section (change by sample section)
Is it possible to keep this function of this version tsi and fix the LED problem ?
thank
+1
Lacy Lasha
Hi,

thank
Chuck Intravia
Hey, after a lot of testing, I went back to this version, somehow I am not good with sample manipulation (probably cuz I can't really bothered to make samples) and I don't like not being able to assign effects to each deck. But that's just me, so keep up the good work!
However, I've made a few modifications to my mapping, setting volume faders to soft takeover, which is useful for fader fx users. I also edited the first preset to something more usable (flanger, gater, reverb). For those who are interested, I could post this mapping here.

Thx flashflooder, keep up the work !
Jodi Lacerra
I just posted the initial version of the VCI-100SE v4.0 mapping here (for those that are interested): http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=34931
Takisha Hodulik
For some reason the small knob that controls the FADE MST/PGM for my headphone cue is controlling the tempo fader for deck A (i.e. if I turn it allt he way to one side, itll move the fader all the way to one side and vice versa) and my left tempo fader is not working.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

PS: Also has anyone looked into my post on the previous page about backspin duration? http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...5&postcount=96
Lizabeth Peight
Originally Posted by spencer4hire
I've posted this elsewhere but I am looking for anyone who can shed some insight into the workings of DJTT....

It has been a little over four months now since we were told that a new DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 mapping will be available to us. I guess we might assume that DJTT has put this product under the shelf in favor of the S4? That is a shame cause I believe the DJTT VCI100SE is a much better product.

Does anyone know of another party that has worked on a new mapping taking advantage of the new stuff in TP2?
FINALLY there has been at least some acknowledgement of this now from DJTT, although I had to throw a sulk on their facebook thread for it to happen. they are now acknowledging that they may not produce an overlay (we all know this contradicts a clear statement 5 months ago that there would be one, but lets move onwards and upwards), and they have created a registration page so it is possible to express interest in an overlay. this is quite a step backwards from what we were expecting, but lets sign up and just hope for the best, and that they actually respond to us again, and reconnect with us once more. link ishttp://www.facebook.com/l/yAQDGdO6h/eepurl.com/diocs

MAKE SURE YOU SIGN UP TO THE LINK ABOVE SO YOUR VOICE IS HEARD!
Marisa Nakamura
is there a mapping that makes use of the sample decks yet?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy