Cables, anyone?

Home :: Marketplace :: Cables, anyone?Reply
Cables, anyone?
Posted on: 04.07.2013 by Doreen Schurle
UPDATE: 22/07/2013

These beauties are now for sale
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by slinkydisc
Personel I have used them for years with different cables and I trust them I am sure the ones are using would be fine and work exactly the same but to my mind they look like something you would buy at maplins.

My 2 cents
Ahhhh so it's just a brand perception/experience of reliability kinda thing? That makes sense

My goal is to offer complete flexibility/customizability, so I'm happy to include fancier plugs as an optional extra further down the road
Bryon Taglieri
Personel I have used them for years with different cables and I trust them I am sure the ones are using would be fine and work exactly the same but to my mind they look like something you would buy at maplins.

My 2 cents
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by slinkydisc
But I would be interested especially if you were using neutrik connectors.
Just out of interest, I've heard a lot of people recommending Neutrik connectors, but I can't for the life of me work out what sets them above the competition; can anyone who's used them give me some specific feedback as to what makes them preferable?

The reason I ask this is that it turns out that I can get hold of unbranded Neutrik stuff, but it's never really been on my radar based on the fact I don't particularly like the look of them compared to the spring-tailed RCAs. The only real quantifiable difference seems to be the angled ground "fins" at the front of the connector, which I suppose could be tightened over time... structurally they're the same as any other gold plated RCAs; brass chassis with gold plating over nickel.

By the looks of it, they've recently consolidated their lineup into a SINGLE RCA connector which is ground-before-signal, which sounds like a good thing... I might order a small run of similar connectors just to test them out; if the results are good I'd probably offer them as an alternative to the standard options.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Polygon
I usually do my own cables where i need reliability, neutrik interconnects and canare cables. But i'd be interested if you made them with glow-in-the-dark sleeves
This is a possibility, looking into it now

The first set were supposed to be UV reactive but they're not; just "UV colors" aka "neon colors" aka "actually just bright colours you eBay 'tard". Glow in the dark, however, would definitely be an option provided I can source the sleeving in the right size

EDIT: Apparently, it doesn't exist. However, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible to manufacture some. Basically, I'll need to talk to the factory and convince them to get some Strontium aluminate in, and then apply it either to the PET feedstock for the sleeving production, or use an after-production dip-dye process to create the sleeving.

Considering how it's never been produced before, however, I have a nasty feeling it's going to cost me a considerable chunk of change to convince them to do it, so it'll probably be a while before I can start offering them.
Dannie Dimora
I usually do my own cables where i need reliability, neutrik interconnects and canare cables. But i'd be interested if you made them with glow-in-the-dark sleeves
Dia Laryea
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Basically yeah, it's medium-density PET sleeving. I ordered some high-density stuff but it was too narrow for the cable I ordered; still trying to work out the best combination of products. I need to RELIABLY source some high-flexibility 4x8 (2x4.OD) cable and some appropriately sized high density sleeving. More protection for the cables and less of the black cable showing through to the outside
I'd say work on this, put some time and effort in researching more on bundle offers that could provide you with cable and the sleeving for a cheap price, or just the sleeving in general as I assume that's more expensive, you could easily make a small business out of this because I would definitely buy a few pairs if they were through the $10-$18 price range per, not to mention it's something new that I'm seeing.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
Is that TechFlex ?

I modded my Senns with TechFlex, no more curled up lead for me. Genius stuff.
Basically yeah, it's medium-density PET sleeving. I ordered some high-density stuff but it was too narrow for the cable I ordered; still trying to work out the best combination of products. I need to RELIABLY source some high-flexibility 4x8 (2x4.OD) cable and some appropriately sized high density sleeving. More protection for the cables and less of the black cable showing through to the outside
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Is that TechFlex ?

I modded my Senns with TechFlex, no more curled up lead for me. Genius stuff.
Marcos Zelko
Those are sweet. I'd be interested if you can custom make a set for my liking!
Hellen Mindrup
Those are sick man I'd love to have those rather than the plain old boring ones.
Hipolito Scionti
i'd be interested
Lannie Kutay
yo i would definitely be interested. these things are hot!
Lilliana Perris
Nothing better than making your own RCA's etc.

I had endless trouble with the store bought crap.

Made my own...and AHH SHIIIIIIT.....they are perfect!

Nice one Mdc!
Bryon Taglieri
They look nice and I am actually in the market for some nicer cables in short lengths i.e 15cm to patch my a10 to my mixer in a custom case but there is a lot of competition on eBay with good name branded connectors out there have a look and see if you can get close before you order in large volumes.

But I would be interested especially if you were using neutrik connectors.
Rochel Gleese
Great looking cables mate, I've already had some made up, but I really like your choices.
Marva Cupid
i managed to make custom cables for about 8 buckoroonies (AUD). I bough similar gold plated rca connectors to you, and bought plain old cable, but still pure copper ones. i just didnt have the fancy braided wrap around the outside.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Danek
That's pretty cool, I'm positive there's a market place for these! I would but $30 or so for a pair of RCA's is a bit too expensive for me.
I feel your pain buddy, that's why I started DIYing them in the first place; the Oyaide Neo orange ones are even worse at
Dia Laryea
That's pretty cool, I'm positive there's a market place for these! I would but $30 or so for a pair of RCA's is a bit too expensive for me.

<< Back to MarketplaceReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy