Cables, anyone?

Home :: Marketplace :: Cables, anyone?Reply
Cables, anyone?
Posted on: 04.07.2013 by Doreen Schurle
UPDATE: 22/07/2013

These beauties are now for sale
Hellen Mindrup
Naturally I told you to ship these to my workplace so I'd get them during the day, and of course I start my vacation leave on Monday so if the cables don't show today I'm out literally one more whole week. Major FML going on right now, fingers crossed.
Latoria Kavulich
hows about a complimetary set in purple for your friendly neighbourhood mod
Doreen Schurle
Now with added blueness

Zachariah Senich
I had endless trouble with the store bought crap.
Doreen Schurle
Toevening , something special. Something really, really special

And yes, those are indeed locking RCA plugs
Lannie Kutay
Oh hell yeah..... I hate that they're gonna be hidden in a flight case. But I need quality I can rely on and these fit the bill!!!
Doreen Schurle

031999's finished cables, resplendent in purple and yellow!
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Another milestone reached folks First yellow interconnect made, AND the first interconnect with turntable grounding support.

Similar to the internal grounding mod that lots of people do, this method actually splits the ground load between both signal wires. The reason for this is to avoid a channel bias and decrease the overall noise introduced into the signal path by the ground connection. It also allows me to produce a cable with the usual flexibility; early experiments with adding a ground wire caused a pipecleaner-like stiffness to them which was NOT particularly nice

These ones, however, are nice and supple and I've just finished testing them on both line and phono sources
It almost looks like you know what you're doing now

Kidding of course, that looks awesome in that yellow
Doreen Schurle
Another milestone reached folks First yellow interconnect made, AND the first interconnect with turntable grounding support.

Similar to the internal grounding mod that lots of people do, this method actually splits the ground load between both signal wires. The reason for this is to avoid a channel bias and decrease the overall noise introduced into the signal path by the ground connection. It also allows me to produce a cable with the usual flexibility; early experiments with adding a ground wire caused a pipecleaner-like stiffness to them which was NOT particularly nice

These ones, however, are nice and supple and I've just finished testing them on both line and phono sources
Cammy Clegg
See we need to get tutorials for stuff like this. Like I remember a DIY for VCI 100 for the arcade button mod.
Hellen Mindrup
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Kwal
If not today I'm just going to jump off of a cliff man
Lmao :P Keep calm and mix!
Hellen Mindrup
If not today I'm just going to jump off of a cliff man
Doreen Schurle
Another delivery today... which should I play with first?

Any joy on your end Kwal?
Hellen Mindrup
Now I'm just growing impatient lol, hopefully tomorrow
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by 031999
Dude your stuff is really top notch! I am excited to see mine soon!
Cheers dude Big Panda's cables are next on my list (as soon as my orange sleeving comes in), then you, then Phil from DigitalDJTips, and then zimfella. I believe there's a couple of others too but I need to check back through my PMs to make sure. Kwal's cables should be landing tomorrow or Thursday (fingers crossed) so hopefully we'll have some more feedback on here soon!
Lannie Kutay
Dude your stuff is really top notch! I am excited to see mine soon!
Doreen Schurle
Aaaaaand today I had the first sample of the new "Premium" RCAs I'll be using on the more expensive individually sleeved interconnects for those people with top-end setups or fixed installations. I plan on getting these ones into some big clubs like Sankeys and Pacha, if all goes according to plan.

Doreen Schurle
Had some sleeving samples arrive today in various different sizes and colours; did a little test of the red and yellow sleeving ON the cable just to see how it looked, here's the result:

The red isn't particularly bright, but it's still VERY rich; I described it to one customer as "Pioneer red", which I believe is an apt description haha... it catches the light well and doesn't get "dulled" in the way a couple of other colours have in the past. The yellow, on the other hand, is practically undimmable. Even on the cable it's still RIDICULOUSLY bright, and which make a good combination with blue or purple if you ask me.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by robdquick
Received my cables last week, tested them out at a gig on Saturday evening . Love them. The covering means that they don't tangle at all in my bag, the connectors feel sturdy as hell and look like they could take some abuse. Couldn't really tell a massive difference in sound quality, but then I'm not using a particularly high standard sound system. They sounded good though. All in all, well worth the money.

(Forgot to take pic's, got some gigs this weekend so will take some then!!)
I'm really pleased dude I knew from day 1 this wasn't going to work unless you guys were happy with your investment, so making sure everyone's satisfied is my number 1 priority atm
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by robdquick
Received my cables last week, tested them out at a gig on Saturday evening . Love them. The covering means that they don't tangle at all in my bag, the connectors feel sturdy as hell and look like they could take some abuse. Couldn't really tell a massive difference in sound quality, but then I'm not using a particularly high standard sound system. They sounded good though. All in all, well worth the money.

Nice, I should be getting mine sometime this week.
Cassie Sangermano

Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by neogeo
What colors do you have available?
I've literally JUST ordered 10m of the following colours:

Blue, Orange, Red, Black, and Yellow; and I've still got a fair amount of Green, Purple, and Black with Blue Stripes; so pretty much all the colours!
Thomas Dresel
I'm just doing RCA for the time being but will be offering TRS/XLR at a later date I'm taking orders for the RCAs now though, if you're after some
What colors do you have available?
Doreen Schurle
good!!! i'm in Portugal so it's rather easy once it's inside the E.U!! no customs delaying the delivery! so once you got the materials for producing them, let me know!!! so i can order some of that sweet looking cables for my rigs!!! you do them with TRS and XLR (Balanced) too Right???
I'm just doing RCA for the time being but will be offering TRS/XLR at a later date I'm taking orders for the RCAs now though, if you're after some
Thomas Dresel
good!!! i'm in Portugal so it's rather easy once it's inside the E.U!! no customs delaying the delivery! so once you got the materials for producing them, let me know!!! so i can order some of that sweet looking cables for my rigs!!! you do them with TRS and XLR (Balanced) too Right???
Doreen Schurle
GOD DAMN this cables look AWSOME!!! i serious consider buying a pair of each in the colors that you showed in this pic (i like colourfull things :-D) were are you located???
Hehe cheers dude I'm in the UK but I ship worldwide
Thomas Dresel
UPDATE: 22/07/2013
Attachment 18710
GOD DAMN this cables look AWSOME!!! i serious consider buying a pair of each in the colors that you showed in this pic (i like colourfull things :-D) were are you located???
Lannie Kutay
Still no sleeving/connectors in the mail today (postman has just arrived), although he DID drop off the grounding forks for TT interconnects that 031999 was after, so that's one thing I can tick off my checklist. On the upside, I've ordered a couple of VERY nice candidates for the Model B (or whatever I end up calling them) connectors so I should be able to put together the first prototypes of those next week

With any luck, my first customer should have received his cables by now, so fingers crossed he's happy with them!

EDIT: Just had a surprise visit from the FedEx man bearing gifts
yessss! im excited!!
Doreen Schurle
Still no sleeving/connectors in the mail today (postman has just arrived), although he DID drop off the grounding forks for TT interconnects that 031999 was after, so that's one thing I can tick off my checklist. On the upside, I've ordered a couple of VERY nice candidates for the Model B (or whatever I end up calling them) connectors so I should be able to put together the first prototypes of those next week

With any luck, my first customer should have received his cables by now, so fingers crossed he's happy with them!

EDIT: Just had a surprise visit from the FedEx man bearing gifts

Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by LanceBlaise
Will those connectors work with NI Audio 8? They look like they may be the same style connector that doesn't fit. Just curious. They look really nice though.
Oh I won't be using those exact connectors, just that similar STYLE of cabling I've ordered a few of the next type of connectors to see if they're good quality
Efrain Scharr

This is basically what the new cables will look like, but with colored sleeves and 3 little clips (one at either end and one in the middle) for detaching the stereo pair

I can actually do them one colored/one black to indicate which is left/right as well
Will those connectors work with NI Audio 8? They look like they may be the same style connector that doesn't fit. Just curious. They look really nice though.
Hellen Mindrup

This is basically what the new cables will look like, but with colored sleeves and 3 little clips (one at either end and one in the middle) for detaching the stereo pair

I can actually do them one colored/one black to indicate which is left/right as well
Would be epic lol
Doreen Schurle

Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Kwal
Thanks, now I want these
LMAO :P

Just posting yours now
Hellen Mindrup
So I've had a boring day NOT making cables (still waiting for supplies), so I decided to look into some new ideas.

The bigger, better, and unfortunately more expensive Model B cables will be coming soon Gold RCAs, thicker cable, separable (left and right channels can be split apart for use as S/PDIF digital interconnects), individually sleeved from RCA to RCA. Oh, and they'll be brighter. Much, much brighter (white cable FTW)

EDIT: If it helps, they'll still be cheaper than the midrange Oyaide Class A's And, of course, I'll still be selling the current cables
Thanks, now I want these
Doreen Schurle
So I've had a boring day NOT making cables (still waiting for supplies), so I decided to look into some new ideas.

The bigger, better, and unfortunately more expensive Model B cables will be coming soon Gold RCAs, thicker cable, separable (left and right channels can be split apart for use as S/PDIF digital interconnects), individually sleeved from RCA to RCA. Oh, and they'll be brighter. Much, much brighter (white cable FTW)

EDIT: If it helps, they'll still be cheaper than the midrange Oyaide Class A's And, of course, I'll still be selling the current cables
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Big Panda
Story of my life at the moment. Been waiting a couple of months for my 1210s, and a month for my Z2 to be returned (the centre detent on one filter disappeared :s) Also I like that colour blue. Just waiting on a more orange orange haha. Also cable ties is a good plan.
Ouch As SOON as this sleeving sample arrives I'll do some tests on the orange and make sure it's good enough... I'm going to go with a smaller diameter sleeving (probably 5mm) so that it has to expand more to fit over the cable; actually decreases the gaps between the threads so it becomes denser.

At the moment I'm using 6mm sleeving over a slightly thinner (but much better) cable than the first set of prototypes I made for myself (nasty Maplin cable, not very flexible at all ), hence the difference in the colour. It's also from a different manufacturer which doesn't help. The black stuff I'm using is 4mm; I ordered coloured 4mm sleeving in but it doesn't expand enough to sleeve the figure-8 cable which has a "diameter" of 6.5mm (circumference of 20.5mm). To be honest, finding the right sleeving has been the most difficult part of this project BY FAR. The issue with the RCAs was annoying, but a minor thing overall

In the long run, I'm going to see if I can get some white cablestock made up to brighten the colours up even more. Or, possibly even colour-coded cable so the color runs ALL the way to the RCAs Only problem with that is I'll need to commit to VERY large orders to persuade the factories to actually make the stuff in the first place lol.
Dedra Kreinbring
Story of my life at the moment. Been waiting a couple of months for my 1210s, and a month for my Z2 to be returned (the centre detent on one filter disappeared :s) Also I like that colour blue. Just waiting on a more orange orange haha. Also cable ties is a good plan.
Doreen Schurle
And the first cable has entered the postal system! Congratulations are in order to Big Panda (for being my first paying customer, although he won't get his cables until the new sleeving comes in unfortunately ) and robdquick who actually gets the first FINISHED unit, with Kwal coming a close second

For those who enquired about shipping costs to "rest of world" (US, Canada, Australia, etc), a pair of cables costs $15 to ship via airmail with a 5 working day delivery time

<< Back to MarketplaceReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy