Home :: Marketplace :: Cables, anyone?Reply
Cables, anyone?
Posted on: 04.07.2013 by Doreen Schurle
UPDATE: 22/07/2013

These beauties are now for sale
Kristofer Krauel
Nice!!!!
Doreen Schurle
Just finished the first 6 cables for BPM, and thought I'd put together a little showcase

Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
...SJJVEN had over a kilogram of cables delivered (4 premiums and 2 standards) for $25 USD which is pretty good considering they had to travel about 4,000 miles!
10,557 as the crow fly's (London - Sydney)
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by slinkydisc
Very nice RCA connectors may have to do an order soon.
Cheers mate

Originally Posted by djproben
It's a good thing you don't live in LA I would have refitted everything I own with your cables by now. Great stuff!
In that case I should probably point out that I DO ship internationally haha!

To be honest, the people I've sold to so far have been all over the place... US, Canada, Australia, Spain, only had a couple of customers in the UK! And shipping is pretty reasonable assuming you don't need it in 3 days - SJJVEN had over a kilogram of cables delivered (4 premiums and 2 standards) for $25 USD which is pretty good considering they had to travel about 4,000 miles!
Danae Dumler
It's a good thing you don't live in LA I would have refitted everything I own with your cables by now. Great stuff!
Bryon Taglieri
Very nice RCA connectors may have to do an order soon.
Doreen Schurle
Got the specifications through from Reloop today; will be supplying about 20 cables for the Reloop booth at BPM 2013, which will be used as interconnects for ALL of the gear on display - so if you're planning on attending BPM be sure to drop by and check both our products out!

Just put the finishing touches on the first premium cable, which will most likely be used with the new RMX-80 mixers

Red sleeving over red cablestock, and black sleeving over black cablestock with the same audiophile grade locking RCAs which will be featured on the upcoming review on DigitalDJTips in the next couple of weeks

As you can see from SJJVEN's photo above, I'm currently offering these to customers but because of the high price of the RCAs they ARE more expensive, but VERY nice for fixed installs and where reliability is key (festivals etc). The audio quality is also better due to lower end-to-end resistance which is a nice bonus if you're running your setup with monitor speakers or upper-end hifi gear.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by SJJVEN
Received my package today, these cables are top notch! Thanks alot mdcdesign!

My photos are no where near as good as yours but heres a snap of the new cables vs my old crappy cables.

That's awesome dude they look pretty epic on that :92

If you ever find them a bit loose fitting you can tighten them up by twisting the longer hexagonal section which presses on the ground collar and makes a tighter fit with the sockets
Marcos Zelko
Received my package today, these cables are top notch! Thanks alot mdcdesign!

My photos are no where near as good as yours but heres a snap of the new cables vs my old crappy cables.

Doreen Schurle

Just finished this custom unbalanced interconnect for one of my colleagues at work toevening
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
Kidding... but I will pop by and say hello.
I wasn't gonna go to BPM this year but Rainer and spoke last week and decided that we can use it as an excuse to get together.
Plus there's the NI guys to talk to although I haven't asked who is going yet?
Tbh I'm surprised at the number of people who haven't even HEARD of BPM... I posted about it over on the other community s, and people were like, "what's BPM?"

I was always planning on going this year, since I'm only an hour and a half away from there, but the Reloop thing really sealed the deal for me lol.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Kidding... but I will pop by and say hello.
I wasn't gonna go to BPM this year but Rainer and spoke last week and decided that we can use it as an excuse to get together.
Plus there's the NI guys to talk to although I haven't asked who is going yet?
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
I'll come and have a look at 'YOU' on Sunday at BPM. I'll be there with Traktor Bible.

Meh...
Lmao!

You might actually be surprised tbh, it IS a pretty awesome product.
Nedra Fresneda
Don't hit him with the tbible karl
nayit ruiz jaramillo
So if you fancy having a look
I'll come and have a look at 'YOU' on Sunday at BPM. I'll be there with Traktor Bible.

You can also check out the RMX-80 and anything else they've got on show
Meh...
Brunilda Kora
I'll be providing all of the interconnects for the Reloop exhibition at BPM this year
Congrats, man! But - you might need to explain this post to Fong Fong...

Originally Posted by Patch
Don't forget the freebies for DJ Angelo.

And Fong Fong...
Fong Fong won't be there this week, just Angelo

Tbh I'm not mad keen on FF's stuff. But yeah, I've got a nice pair of blue cables for Angelo
Hellen Mindrup
Nice work dude.
Vada Branyon
Hooray for you!!

Off topic:

The bad news is that it's the last season :'(
Doreen Schurle

Good news everyone!

I'll be providing all of the interconnects for the Reloop exhibition at BPM this year So if you fancy having a look at them in real life, pop over to the Reloop stand at some point and have a look for yourself! I'll probably be floating around BPM wearing cables like Rambo's bulletstrap as well, so you can have a look at all the different colours and ask any questions

You can also check out the RMX-80 and anything else they've got on show
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by toxicgain
And you're making them in different colors?And how much does it shipping to Romania costs?

Thx
Yep, 8 colours at the present time

Shipping to anywhere in the world is about 15 USD, depending on how many cables you order
Lesa Bleam
And you're making them in different colors?And how much does it shipping to Romania costs?

Thx
Ronni Coison
Nothing better than making your own RCA's etc.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by kooper1980
What's the difference between these and the RCA pairs?
Thicker cable (6mm vs 4mm), individually sleeved all the way up to (and into) the connector, gold plated grounds as well as signal pins, and locking connectors (twist clockwise to tighten). The left and right channels are also separate, which means if you're using an S/PDIF setup you can use the same cables without having connectors dangling at either end. Also, more expensive

I'd primarily recommend these for fixed installs (home setups basically; either bedroom, party room or studio space if you're lucky!) OR if you need extra durability. If I was doing a one hour set I wouldn't want to be dicking around with individual cables, but if I was playing all evening at a festival or had a regular venue where I left my gear hooked up, I'd use these ones. They'd also be good in coffins etc.

Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman
The great and powerful mdcdesign touched them.

Seriously though. The gauge and quality of cable used and the locking RCA's are locking.
Rofl!

You pretty much nailed it though, thicker cable (still VERY flexible) means it's more resilient to damage etc. If you dropped a heavy/sharp object on a pair of normal RCAs, there's a chance you'd slice through the insulation and into the braid which could disrupt your ground, or if you were REALLY unlucky, through to the core as well which would short out that channel.

The standard cables have a PVC jacket over the braid, about 1.5mm thick all round; the sleeving adds a bit of extra protection (especially the new triple-braid sleeving), and the jacket gives you a bit of leeway. The premium cables have the sleeving as well, then a high density PVC outer jacket about 1mm thick, then a medium density PVC insulator layer about 2mm thick, then the braid, then PE insulation, then the core, so the chances of cutting all the way through them is practically nil unless you're tossing knives around on stage (unlikely unless Steve Aoki decides cakes aren't "edgy" enough).
Wilton Keuning
Originally Posted by kooper1980
The great and powerful mdcdesign touched them.

Seriously though. The gauge and quality of cable used and the locking RCA's are locking.
Kristofer Krauel
Just finished SJJVEN's premium interconnects!

Hellen Mindrup
That's the main thing then Now just about 30 million other DJs out there to satisfy
Yeah sounds like a fantastic time, I hope your hands are ready for that beating
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Kwal
Hey, it dragged on for a few extra days but I'm still satisfied.
That's the main thing then Now just about 30 million other DJs out there to satisfy
Hellen Mindrup
Hey, it dragged on for a few extra days but I'm still satisfied.
Doreen Schurle
Now it's pro

Excellent little note you left me in the package by the way lol
Ahahaha I forgot about that! I was sitting there with a bunch of blank paper in front of me (after using one piece to write your address) and it just popped into my head lmao.

Originally Posted by SJJVEN
Those cables are look AMAZING. Can't wait to see them in person!
Cheers dude Fingers crossed you get them quicker than poor Kwal did haha
Marcos Zelko
Those cables are look AMAZING. Can't wait to see them in person!
Hellen Mindrup
Ahhhh good point
Now it's pro

Excellent little note you left me in the package by the way lol
Doreen Schurle
Should update your sig man, you do more than RCA cables now
Ahhhh good point
Hellen Mindrup
Should update your sig man, you do more than RCA cables now
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude
Thanks! Really fantastic pictures.
Cheers dude I've spent the last 3 years doing club photography but quit to do these cables haha, so all my effort is going into product shots now
Marcelina Hanaway
Thanks! Really fantastic pictures.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude
So sexy! I remember reading what camera you use. Mind refreshing my memory?
Pentax K-5 with DA35 for these ones

Camera Rig-1a.jpg

That's the 18-55WR; don't have a photo of the gear with the DA35 attached but it's a bit smaller and lacks the hood.
Marcelina Hanaway
So sexy! I remember reading what camera you use. Mind refreshing my memory?
Doreen Schurle
Just finished SJJVEN's premium interconnects!

Kristofer Krauel
Attachment 19393

Just finished making up one of SJJVEN's premium cables The new sleeving REALLY brightens up on the white cablestock, as you can see in comparison to the original cables.

slinkydisc, you have a PM sir

kooper1980, drop me a PM with what you're after and I'll put together a quote for you I can also do balanced interconnects (any combination of TRS and XLR) for hooking up monitor/PA speakers etc
Cool. Ill pm you. My next purchase will be speakers so ill wait to see what I can pick up and then order everything in one go.
Doreen Schurle

Just finished making up one of SJJVEN's premium cables The new sleeving REALLY brightens up on the white cablestock, as you can see in comparison to the original cables.

slinkydisc, you have a PM sir

kooper1980, drop me a PM with what you're after and I'll put together a quote for you I can also do balanced interconnects (any combination of TRS and XLR) for hooking up monitor/PA speakers etc

<< Back to MarketplaceReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy