Post your latest purchase!

Home :: General Discussion :: Post your latest purchase!Reply
Post your latest purchase!
Posted on: 08.01.2012 by Takisha Daugherty
I believe this would be a fun thread, what have you all bought recently?

Here's most of what I bought this past week, thanks to Christmas bonuses and gift cards:

(but with GREEN wheels )

and this t-shirt:

What about you?
Elmira Billard
vci400se on its way to me. Now to eBay to sell stuff to pay for it!
Marcos Zelko
Got Maschine for $375 locally...

Candy Vardy
Just ordered these from DJTT. I almost ordered the NI Kontrol F1, but couldn't justify buying it. I'm so tempted to have it as I'm a gear whore but I have no idea how to incorporate it into my minimalist sets... But the F1 looks so purdy...

Erich Vallabhaneni
sweet review man!!
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Otacon
How is it compared to regular Maschine? I heard pad response was better and such
@Otacon, MyUsername, I posted an answer to this over here just now: http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post533435

MattW - those are sweet!
Len Lukawski
Loyce Mekonen

So yeah... I'm such an NI fanboy. Now it's just a matter of waiting until my friend returns from NY to actually have it in my hands...

...and then trying to use it properly in a set.
Shonda Soulier
I just bought an APC20. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

I like it so far...I have lots of ideas for sets in Ableton (maybe with a BCR2000), but first I'm going to map it in Traktor for it to be my "travel" controller.
Harriett Osen
Some new running headphones

DSC_6679 by Matt Worthington, on Flickr

DSC_6677 by Matt Worthington, on Flickr

DSC_6681 by Matt Worthington, on Flickr
Stefania Herb
I needed a new car si got myself one of these 1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336444654f31f3430db29055ecfd162798d.jpg
Nereida Jasnoch
Ah I see. Well I guess he did.
My mistake
Erich Vallabhaneni
Originally Posted by botstein
Thanks - I'm really exited! I've been trying to pick up additional Maschines for a while now and after playing the new one yesterday, with the MPC Renaissance side-by-side, my mind was made up/
but he said he tried it out yesterday.
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by Otacon
How is it compared to regular Maschine? I heard pad response was better and such
I believe he only preordered it, since it's not out yet.
Erich Vallabhaneni
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Excluded
what a beauty botstein!
Thanks - I'm really exited! I've been trying to pick up additional Maschines for a while now and after playing the new one yesterday, with the MPC Renaissance side-by-side, my mind was made up/
Daniele Gladys
what a beauty botstein!
Ervin Calvery
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Ciara Cuttill
Scooped on some new vinyl by my fav label ...

DROID.15 | MODZ (Material Object + Dustin Zahn) | Mid Life Vices EP

Rena Estabrook
iPhone 5
Palma Hanslip
Originally Posted by paul1976
Liambo are you a lottery winner??!!
Every time I look on this thread you have bought something!
Lol! Nah I just work hard and buy stuff. But I only buy it when i can afford things. I'v actually bought about twice as much vinyl as that and have purchased a few other things too but no need to put them up either. lol!
Loura Ulam
Liambo are you a lottery winner??!!
Every time I look on this thread you have bought something!
Palma Hanslip
Originally Posted by Xonetacular
I wish I was strong enough in math to go back and get a degree in electrical engineering but don't know if the torture is worth it,it's very fun and interesting.
Thanks for all that info. Will definitely check it out! Electrical or Electronic? Over here it would be Electronic engineering you would want for this sort of thing I'm away to sit and look through some of it because i can get almost all electronic parts for basically
Marcos Zelko
Just picked it up today, will be fun mapping it...

Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by Liambo
Xone: Roughly how much does it cost to make each one? I'm an electronics engineer and i'm currently looking for a new project and this could fit in well with my production and projects i enjoy doing!
join muffwiggler and head over here it's a pretty amazing group of people: http://www.muffwiggler.com/community /vie...5083227a0a8b66

It varies a lot by module. There is one guy there who designs and does small runs of the panels I posted which range from $25-$60 each) ie the serge res EQ is $60 but comes with a daughterboard PCB. Then there are other people in the community who design and do small runs of PCBs, with a lot of the ones shown by one guy named Ken Stone aka CGS who has a ton of projects and PCBs for all formats. It varies again by module and who is doing the run and many of the modules I posted use multiple PCBs. PCBs range from $15 each to maybe $50- then sourcing all the components and knobs which is usually easy except for stuff with rare parts. Anything that uses vactrols gets pricey- the quad low pass gate uses 8 vactrols which comes to like $50 just in vactrols.

I would say average price per module is like $80-$160 to build. It's a pretty good deal considering pre made modules easily sell for 4x that much and there are a lot of really innovative designs you can't get built. I don't know if you are familiar with Serge Modular but one Serge panel/module is about $2000 and you can pretty much build an exact clone yourself including panel for like $300. Same with Buchla modules which are crazy expensive (and clones all have Don Buchla's blessing).

There are tons of cool projects in synth- DIY land.

I wish I was strong enough in math to go back and get a degree in electrical engineering but don't know if the torture is worth it,it's very fun and interesting.
Palma Hanslip
Xone: Roughly how much does it cost to make each one? I'm an electronics engineer and i'm currently looking for a new project and this could fit in well with my production and projects i enjoy doing!
Matt Kane
Originally Posted by MyUsername
Is there such a big difference ?
well in germany for that setup. you
Romelia Stankard
I just ordered a bunch of aluminum panels and some pcbs- the goal is to build an entire DIY eurorack modular synth from various PCBs/module designs floating around

x2x2

x2
x2

x2

kind of like this:

who knew DIY could look so sexy
Kamala Temple
Originally Posted by dripstep
Just ordered a 4/3 Quicksilver wetsuit for surfing. If all goes well, I will be on the waves again for my birthday in October.
Good shit man, been some decent waves here in new jersey for a few days now. Where ya from? I'm getting knee surgery October 2nd, so i'll be outta the water for a few months, winter is always the best too if you can handle the cold :\.

On to the purchases - I like to spoil myself every now and then! Picked up all of these on vinyl .

Ciara Cuttill
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Custom piece I had made at GoodwoodNYC. evo_goodwood2.JPG
that looks tight!!!
Merideth Garnder
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348157015.872465.jpg New HDJ-1500K Headphones.....courtesy of my little sister for my bday!
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by Ed Paris
and there goes a fortune well at least in europe.
Is there such a big difference ?
Nevada Edgette
Custom piece I had made at GoodwoodNYC. evo_goodwood2.JPG
Matt Kane
Originally Posted by MyUsername
That IS cool!

So yea, I believe it's been a while since I last posted in here.
and there goes a fortune well at least in europe.
Yong Aptekar
Just ordered a 4/3 Quicksilver wetsuit for surfing. If all goes well, I will be on the waves again for my birthday in October.
Erich Vallabhaneni
nice! diggin that deck man.
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by Xonetacular
Please do, it might be quicker.

I actually sent the seller a long rant about smart post and they offered me a 10% refund which is cool at least.
That IS cool!

So yea, I believe it's been a while since I last posted in here.
Romelia Stankard
Originally Posted by photojojo
It's in Dallas right now, maybe I could hijack the truck and get it for you.
Please do, it might be quicker.

I actually sent the seller a long rant about smart post and they offered me a 10% refund which is cool at least.
Leeanna Ayla
It's in Dallas right now, maybe I could hijack the truck and get it for you.
Romelia Stankard
anyone ever deal with fedex "smart post"

ordered a lifting belt last week

this is the most retarded shipping service I have ever dealt with- looks like fedex acquired some small shipping company and takes packages the longest way possible to a fedex "smart post" hub and then USPS delivers it in the end... Which is absolutely retarded since USPS takes like 3 days to begin with. Originally said my package was supposed to be here yesterday now it is saying september 24th. I've literally had faster economy shipping from China.

Looking at the fedex tracking is quite perplexing, it seems to just be wandering around hanging out.

apparently looking around on consumerist september 24th isn't even the delivery date- that just means when it will get to the post office, where it can take another 4-5 days

I would have never ordered from them if I knew this was how they shipped

http://consumerist.com/2012/07/fedex...er-stupid.html

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy