Post your latest purchase!

Home :: General Discussion :: Post your latest purchase!Reply
Post your latest purchase!
Posted on: 08.01.2012 by Takisha Daugherty
I believe this would be a fun thread, what have you all bought recently?

Here's most of what I bought this past week, thanks to Christmas bonuses and gift cards:

(but with GREEN wheels )

and this t-shirt:

What about you?
Palma Hanslip
My list is getting quite long:

Maschine
Komplete 8
Ableton Suite
50 pieces of vinyl
Pioneer RMX1000
Canon 50mm f1.8 lens
Akai MPK Mini
Sugar Bytes VST collection

That's about it for now..
Ervin Calvery
@Mos are you a tenor or a bass?
Kamala Temple
Originally Posted by Navad

Brand new Oxygen25, M-Audio MobilePre interface and MPD18 for real cheap (love sound student 20% discount).. PRODUCTION, HERE I COME!
Let me know how you like the oxygen, was gonna pick one up myself. And how much did you pay? That's an awesome discount.
Kamala Temple
Originally Posted by HedgeHog
This shirt from DMC World called "Roots of Hip-Hop"

Attachment 11815
So sick! Sorry for cramping your style, but I may have to pick one up lol.
Elinor Happer

Brand new Oxygen25, M-Audio MobilePre interface and MPD18 for real cheap (love sound student 20% discount).. PRODUCTION, HERE I COME!
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609
MOSTAPHA..... do you have ableton? if so now you can get into the wild world of the bridge... yum yum gimme sum.... with an apc 20/40 the world starts to get mad hectic as long as you dont mind messing wit beat grids for a bit
Nothing is worth setting beat grids. I did that on Traktor (and integrated first Live then Maschine…still own both) for a while……like a year or two. Don't really remember. It wasn't enough fun to justify the hassle. It got to the point that I had like $300 of purchased music that I didn't DJ with because every time I thought about setting the beat grids, I went and did something else.

If I want to spin that way, I'll put together a live set that I can "play" in Maschine as part of a DJ evening but on its own instead of DJing a way I don't enjoy just to play samples. If I want to wank around and feel like a musician instead of a connoisseur/selector/programmer of music, I'll sing, play guitar, play drums, learn another instrument, or join/start a band.

Coincidentally, I joined a chorus for the first time in 9 years. First rehearsal is on Monday. It's not auditioned, so I have basically no hopes for performances being good, but it'll be nice to give my voice a workout again. Singing in the car just doesn't cut it.
Noriko Lebowitz
Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 8.39.55 PM.jpg

Just about to buy this...
Ervin Calvery

Kontakt is fun guys.
Emely Metz
why Chemical? dont you have better place to stick those stickers? it ruined the artwork :/
Originally Posted by Cybertrash
Tanner Adis
White Mk2 Vinyl X 2 - Purchased from Unique sound on Ebay!!

Nexus 7 8gb

HTC One x - this was for my wife but at $99 bucks it was a steal!!
Evelyn Navarijo

Awww Yisss
Erich Vallabhaneni
Originally Posted by 3heads
That happened to me a few weeks ago, just had to pick up a good bunch of vinyl only releases. Me likey.

Oh, but my latest purchase: I've just joined the ranks of the dark order of the Maschinists
i just feel good opening new vinyl and putting the needle on it. and welcome to the dark side
Celestine Porebski
Originally Posted by Otacon
so now im going to thank you guys for re-starting my vinyl frenzy. lol
That happened to me a few weeks ago, just had to pick up a good bunch of vinyl only releases. Me likey.

Oh, but my latest purchase: I've just joined the ranks of the dark order of the Maschinists
Stefania Herb
MOSTAPHA..... do you have ableton? if so now you can get into the wild world of the bridge... yum yum gimme sum.... with an apc 20/40 the world starts to get mad hectic as long as you dont mind messing wit beat grids for a bit
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609
ahhh the lovely days of 1200's and the sl1 is nice but the low sample rate will bite ya in the future
All my current files are 16/44.1k, so going higher won't be reproducing anything but noise. Going forward, I've read a lot on the subject, and I don't believe that higher sample rates will actually improve anything. There definitely are benefits, but on playback it seems like inaudible noise causes too much interference in the audible range to really be worth it.

I still record at 32float/96k or 24/96k…but everything gets converted back down before it's done.

Originally Posted by deevey
Yep its a Rev3… anything else was just too damn big to carry around…looked at the Vivi, but at this stage want something I thats small enough and can completely disassemble the atty/wick on.
Cool. Those things really are tempting. I just don't know what I'd use the 16340 batteries for when I upgraded. If the BB was just a little bit thicker, you could fit a 16340 and a kick in there……but if that were the case, I'd probably skip the rev3 and jump straight to that.

Also, you can rebuild the vivi nova heads. I'm believeing about re-doing some of mine with kanthal wire and oxidized SS mesh for a wick (ala genesis) but I might not bother. These things are awesome. Also gotvapes has a mini that's just barely larger in diameter than an ego. Other than the diameter of the tank, it's identical……and it vapes very well. BTW, would you happen to be on ECF?

@Hedgehog: that's an awesome shirt.
Random X
Originally Posted by HedgeHog

Attachment 11815
Awesome shirt bro', Y U NO POST ON FB?
(Or did I just miss it? )
Noriko Lebowitz

Lovin' it.
Lisa Lochotzki
http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-p...fr12cdjwe.html

to fit an XONE:92 and 4 Kontrol X1... or a mix of X1 & F1, not sure yet
Geri Jarra
Thats the plan. Building the all the different remix sets is taking some time, but I plan to have different ones for different genres to work in. Im debating just having deck A for tracks and deck B for the remix sets once I build a solid collection.
Makkins Clifton
Where do you struggle? Wait for a passage where not much is going on. Set a loop. Get the Remix Deck magic on.
Geri Jarra

Got it a few days ago. So far I love it solo, but working it into my sets is turning out to be a bit tricky
Makkins Clifton
Originally Posted by djlotus
^^that is bad ass.
That's what I thought. Bought three other shirts as well to justify the 15 GBP.
Ira Alsadi
^^that is bad ass.
Makkins Clifton

Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by mostapha
Is that a Rev3? I kinda want one, but the vivi nova I'm using is so incredibly picky about voltage, not having true VV would be a huge detriment.
Yep its a Rev3 (or ego V6) ... I was half believeing of going for a full VV and could have got a Ovale V8 but TBH it felt really plasticy (the Ovale V6 feels nice and rubbery) knowing the way I treat my pockets it would probably last a week and anything else was just too damn big to carry around.

I had looked at the Vivi, but at this stage want something I thats small enough and can completely disassemble the atty/wick on. I've spent wayyy too much money on ce2/ce4/ego-t atty's to make it keep being worthwhile unless I can fix them myself - the ce4 lasted a long time and was repairable to a point, but eventually cracked.

The "Ce6" tanks that came with the rev3 kit were utter crap, both atty's blew within 2 days and the tubes cracked even sooner due to the heat - wicking was an issue as well with reasonably thick favorable juice, but the amount of vapour when it did work was like Whooooooaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Next stop is a Bulli clone or rebuildable mini tank I believe - I'm just sick of bad wicking and getting dry-hits with thicker juices - found a source local for all the DIY juice bits so might try making my own.

Stefania Herb
Originally Posted by mostapha

Back on the DJ front, I'm still insanely happy with my SL1 and 1200s. Haven't wanted anything for a long time, which is weird for me. I'll probably upgrade eventually when I have to, but this is just bliss.
ahhh the lovely days of 1200's and the sl1 is nice but the low sample rate will bite ya in the future but good grab and as for the -cig i went old scholl after being a pack a day smoker for 20 years and went on the patch and ive been smoke free for 6 months now (knock on wood)
Dorie Scelzo
Is that a Rev3? I kinda want one, but the vivi nova I'm using is so incredibly picky about voltage, not having true VV would be a huge detriment.

I posted a Twist a couple pages back. Love the thing with a vivi nova 1.8 head.

My next purchase is probably going to be a Kick and either a Silver Bullet or a Precise+ 18490 if I have the money. But only if I can find one.

Back on the DJ front, I'm still insanely happy with my SL1 and 1200s. Haven't wanted anything for a long time, which is weird for me. I'll probably upgrade eventually when I have to, but this is just bliss.
Erich Vallabhaneni
^ sweet. I use an E-Cig i built from parts from Cig-Not. Pretty decent investment if you're wanting to kick the habit, congrats.

Super jelly of your tickets burd
Rolanda Clodfelder
One of these Bad Boys - now I look like a choo choo train as I pass by hehe

Time to proper effort to give up the sticks - every other ecig I've had just either fell apart, carts were shitty, too low battery life, too little voltage etc...This is one badass ecig, tons of potential power and not too big for carrying around the neck.

For those in the know its the same height as an Ego 1100mAh, and about 1/4' fatter but about twice as heavy.
Edwina Fagel

Can't wait for the fedex guy. Also bought some Sony android for my mother lol.
Kamala Temple
Just got this in today! 3 day Ezoo ticket/wristband.
Random X
Nice bro'.

I will probably buy an Ikea Patrul Smidig safety gate, as that Maddy is starting to crawl around the house and pull herself up:
Matt Kane
so i guess i was a bit frustrated and might have been shopping

vans lpe blk/wht

bleu de chanel

herm
Random X
Dammit!
Matt Kane
argh! no new matress for me on saturday. blaming my booker for this seems to be a good way since he still owes me about 700€ which i was suposed to get transfered this week
Random X
Originally Posted by Otacon
hazaaa!!!....I wanna go chill at Valhalla! i bet they have a sick sound system there

It's divine!
Erich Vallabhaneni
no problem man, Danger Doom is just Danger Mouse and MF Doom, somre pretty legit stuff. seeing that demon days vinyl made me get the itch, so thank you! lol and yeah can't go wrong with the beasties. (R.I.P MCA)
Kamala Temple
Diggin' the Danger Doom album. Never heard of em, gave one song a listen and was like "HEY I know that voice!" so thanks for that haha. And licensed to ill, can't go wrong.
Erich Vallabhaneni
just picked these guys up, thanks to burd for re-starting my vinyl craze!

Terese Kresta
http://www.trackitdown.net/merchandi...uct/18648.html

just got myself one of these as a back

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy