Post your latest purchase!

Home :: General Discussion :: Post your latest purchase!Reply
Post your latest purchase!
Posted on: 08.01.2012 by Takisha Daugherty
I believe this would be a fun thread, what have you all bought recently?

Here's most of what I bought this past week, thanks to Christmas bonuses and gift cards:

(but with GREEN wheels )

and this t-shirt:

What about you?
Albertina Fay
Well I didn't buy it, but my girlfriend bought this for my birthday yesterday. Just in time for our ski trip to Breckenridge, Colorado on the 27th. She went all out and bought the black edition too!

1080P at 60fps or 720P at 120fps. I'm going to have some super slo-mo vids of me busting my ass!!!

Super excited!!

Lin Danek
Originally Posted by Jester
another christmas box of stella.
Got a feeling your Father Christmas's name might be Jesse.
Latoria Kavulich
another christmas box of stella.
Ryan Schlich
Awesome thread.

Today I bought my mum a nice malachite gemstone bracelet,
and some Deoxit fader lube for myself

I may order e-cigs later this week.
Edwina Fagel

There is always more room for vinyl aka I went crate digging in Stockholm.
Cindie Somoza
Just got myself some new pedals...

I let a friend of a friend borrow my old Pearl Eliminators and I never saw them again, so I thought this would be a fitting present to myself considering that was like 3 years ago, haha. I got the DWs for an absolute bargain, so stoked.
Alease Fitch
Popcorn for me and a nice girl ^^
Latoria Kavulich
a christmas box of stella.
Random X
Originally Posted by BuRdTuRd
Season to give, so I gave myself a new record, shred sled and bindings. BOOM!

Disclosure - The Face EP.
Nice vinyl!
Celestine Porebski

Yeah, my new sneakers arrived today
Kamala Temple
I'm on the east coast so closest place is Pennsylvania, but i'm hoping to make it up north to Vermont for some real snow and mountains. The ones in PA just get too crowded and icy most of the time but they'll have to do.
Era Roka
Where are you going to snowboard this year?
Kasandra Kreindler

[IMG]snip[/IMG]

And a Libtech Skate Banana with some Now IPO bindings. Just add snow.
[IMG]snip[/IMG]
thats a sexy ass snowboard
Kamala Temple

And a Libtech Skate Banana with some Now IPO bindings. Just add snow.
Kasandra Kreindler
s-dj08-05-main_1_resize.jpg

I know its the time of giving.... buuuut saw the lowered price on amazon and couldnt help myself, my computer speakers i was using recently broke (good ol klipsch promedia 2.1, just about a decade of great service not too shabby) gotta love prime trial free two day shipping should get to play with these this weekend if my monoprice cable order comes the same day (i hope so paid extra for two day)
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by mostapha
I haven't heard them, so I'll differ to you and only mention that without a sub, bass will always be lacking.
Oh, got that too (10") - possibly the best money I have spent in a while. The biggest plus is being able to run Traktor at lower software and output levels (a touch below 12 o'clock on both). Brings the NUO mixer to life. I believe the sub might overpower the 5s' - it's a beast.
Simona Ancira
Arcane 60" Big Sir
Randal 180

Arcane 20" Lil Fin
Biltins
Tracker 106 RTS
Bennet 4.3
Bennet Alligators
G&S Fibre Flex 38" Pintail/Randals 150/ 75mm Avila 72a/Bones Red/ Wedged and Dewedged 15 Degrees
Dervish/Paris 180's/Powerballs
Flowlab 42" DCS Flowboard

Ordered:
Arcane 60" Big Sir/Randal 180/ Gumballs 81a
Arcane 20" Lil Fin
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
Better still, go with the RP6s', I found the 5s' a little 'lacking'. The 6s' fill the sound stage up from the low end. They are nothing less than brilliant.
I haven't heard them, so I'll differ to you and only mention that without a sub, bass will always be lacking.
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by Dustin V
Ladies & gentlemen, my new ride..

2012 VW Polo 1.4 Comfortline.

nice ride i got a 2011 MK6 GTI they are awesome cars, VDub power!
Candy Vardy
Ladies & gentlemen, my new ride..

2012 VW Polo 1.4 Comfortline.

Lin Danek
Originally Posted by photojojo
Just picked this up for the price of two DB4's

That Sir, is a beautiful machine.
Lin Danek
But, if anything, they reaffirmed my insistence that KRK RP5s are probably the best "deal" in bedroom DJ speakers
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by DarioJ
A Street bike in ATL? . I thought FL drivers were horrible till I drove on 75 in Atlanta. People are straight A-holes out there. Especially the rednecks with lifted trucks.
I want to say that IME, Miami drivers are way worse than Atlanta drivers……but I've collectively driven about 2 million miles in and around Atlanta since I got my drivers' license. All I can say is that you get used to it. And I don't mean that you get used to the idiots, I mean you get used to the decisions Atlanta drivers make. I'm not used to the decisions that Miami drivers make, and that's probably why they scare me more.

Today, the following happened on my normal commute:
  1. Someone changed lanes in an intersection by going straight instead of sliding over to the left like they were supposed to (it was obvious…painted lines through the intersection, dropping a left turn lane, and a sidewalk that took up what used to be right lane).
  2. Someone ran a stop sign in a residential area.
  3. Someone ran red light.
  4. Someone cut me off without a blinker.
  5. No less than 4 pedestrians waited on the sidewalk through their green (with a walk sign) and started crossing well after the light changed and the other direction had a green.
  6. >10 people turned left across a double-yellow to get into a parking lot.

That commute is about 3 miles.

That sounds bad. But not a single one of them caused an accident. And I wasn't surprised by any one. I don't mean that I wasn't surprised that people made those mistakes, I mean that those exact mistakes in those exact situations didn't surprise me…I knew they were going to happen.

You get used to the types of cars/drivers that are going to do dumb things (license plates that don't say "Fulton" or "Dekalb" are a huge indicator, though an Atlanta plate doesn't necessarily mean they'll make all good decisions).

Anyway, you get to where you can tell when someone's going to make a mistake right before they do it the vast majority of the time. It's something about their position in the lane (or their posture in the case of a cyclist or pedestrian). I'd almost describe it as the posture of the car, but I can't describe it……and it sounds hokey anyway…cars don't have postures.

#1 was the only one I honked at, because that one really pisses me off. The rest of them mostly just made me adjust my lines……I believe I tapped my brakes twice when I hadn't planned to.

But, it's definitely not the kind of place to live if you believe there are never conditions that would allow people to drive safely at 60mph in a 35 on surface streets. They only accidents involving speed I've seen in those places are when someone going 35 (or below) changes lanes without looking far enough behind them.

And, yes, I cycle on these streets, though I stick to places that have street lights, which ironically means driving on bigger streets seems safer. Well, I did before my bike was stolen. I've never actually feared for my safety except around trucks with license plates from Carrol or Spalding counties. I never ride outside the city………suburbs are death traps for bikers. No one knows how to deal with them. Hell, my ex's dad used to come home from his rides in Peachtree City(1) bloody because people would throw batteries at him.

(Note 1: PTC is known as "the Bubble". It's a planned community thing that was supposed to be one of the "nice" suburbs for people who want to get out of the "gritty inner city". It's mostly inhabited by businesspeople and delta pilots and their families. People who live there universally believe that it's nice and almost always believe that Atlanta is more like Compton in the 90s than it actually is. It also has some of the highest incidences of teenage pregnancies and hardcore drug use in the state. The place is a shit-show under a veneer of nouveau riche "society" that mostly amounts to having a Belk's.)

</off topic>

I bought a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1s. I needed something smaller for my over-stuffed desk and decided that while I cared about sound quality, there was no way I'd ever fit monitors in my space. They sound okay……little better for music than my GF's $40 "whatchamacallit" 2.1 system.

But, if anything, they reaffirmed my insistence that KRK RP5s are probably the best "deal" in bedroom DJ speakers………the difference in quality is bigger than most anything else that you can fix with a purchase.
Judi Sissel
My bicycle was stolen from outside my apartment the other day.

I'm debating how much to spend on replacing it vs. actually getting a first street bike & going to a riding school.
A Street bike in ATL? . I thought FL drivers were horrible till I drove on 75 in Atlanta. People are straight A-holes out there. Especially the rednecks with lifted trucks.
Luciano Hyppolite
this bad boys, they are pretty awesome

HC-ER20.BL.jpg
Lela Umanskaya
399134_10152145796710372_1686045240_n.jpeg
Actually got about 1500 kilometers on it, great gas mileage.
Dorie Scelzo
My bicycle was stolen from outside my apartment the other day.

I'm debating how much to spend on replacing it vs. actually getting a first street bike & going to a riding school.
Breanne Penge
Nice bike^^ I'm hoping to jump on a mew bike next spring (Yamaha FZ8)
Leeanna Ayla
Just picked this up for the price of two DB4's

Beckie Spitler
A Numark N4 and a m-audio midi keyboard
P1212022301165.jpg
Dorie Scelzo
Originally Posted by Era 7
the proper plural is vinyl
Vinyl–in that context–doesn't have a plural. The proper word is "records".
Basil Forshee
Newest addition, John Talabot's "
Tesha Freudenstein
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Oh no not this again!
it's all good. it just tend to notice that one.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Era 7
Oh no not this again!
Tesha Freudenstein
Originally Posted by Jayvee
29373_482408471804351_794136249_n.jpg
Not on this picture are the 200 vinyls that came with it
Alease Fitch
29373_482408471804351_794136249_n.jpg
Not on this picture are the 200 records that came with it
Ned Somerset
Newest addition, John Talabot's "ƒIN"

Nice!
Kamala Temple
Newest addition, John Talabot's "ƒIN"

Evelyn Navarijo
I bought a cute little flash for my camera, cost about a quid (10SEK), not terribly powerful but it should work well enough.

Loyce Mekonen
Originally Posted by Xonetacular
Yeah I have an M&P 15-22 on my wishlist as well. A while back I had an M&P 15R which was cool but the closest outdoor range is like an hour from me and it seems kind of a waste to shoot rifles in short indoor ranges.
Agree. Indoor ranges are lame... (not that I've been to any... I just wish I had guns to justify going to a range.. :/ ). I'd still like to be able to move instead of being absolutely stationary.

My latest purchase:

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy